AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 18:18   Link #1461
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Quote:
I'm betting Icecrown won't be topped for utter despair.
Yeah, Icecrown is great for that IMO. the zone is on top of a glacier valley (obviously). It is also packed to the god damn rafters with undead. Think there is a good chance you'd be killed if you spent too long on the ground in the valley itself.

For PvP though its also brought up there too, horde and alliance clash there. There is a good scripted event that happens for this.

Spoiler for solider quest in icecrown:

Spoiler for the Argent Vangard questlines.:

Was able to go to Storm Peaks for the first time last night after I got to 77. God I love the feel of this zone, really can't wait to do quests there again and the music is sooo good for the zone. Gone try some Halls of Stone/Lightning today too.
Old 2008-11-19, 19:00   Link #1462
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-19, 20:47   Link #1463
Komori
D:

Spoiler:

2 days this week.

And down goes Sartharion.
And then Archavon the Stone Watcher.

Super easy boss, 3 day timer, chance for S5 and/or T7, 2 emblems. Must farm.

We tried Malygos but it feels like it's overtuned. From what I heard his Vortex used to do only 5k damage total on beta then people complained it was too easy. Now it does 20k damage total (mind you, this is to EVERYONE in the raid. You can't cast anything long because the vortex interrupts it every tic). Same goes for his other abilities also. A CoH helped but wasn't enough when it happens often. The sparks also went pretty fast for us so it was hard to kill them. I think we were able to kill 1 the entire night. At least dying to the vortex doesn't give you durability. It also might be a gear issue but we didn't have much problems like this with any other T7 fight. Inc nerf.

Last edited by Komori; 2008-11-19 at 23:55.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 01:12   Link #1464
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for :

Well, Back to my DK, She is 67 and working on 68, I been thinking I should go up to North after 68, but alot of ppl is telling me that I should wait until I get to 70, hmm.
Old 2008-11-20, 03:03   Link #1465
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Spoiler for SW King:
Old 2008-11-20, 06:26   Link #1466
Ithekro
Warning

Looks like it is reputation grind coming my way. If I want a "Chopper" that is. Also need to work on a few things so I can craft my next pair of epic googles to replace the Destruction googles I have at present (never got the Sunwell version of them). So that means I need in get more reputation with the Alliance Expediton (need exalted). Level up to 80 (for the "Chopper" only), get mining and engineering up (mining easy so far...Engineering looks like it will be trickier). Then saving storing up materials for the two items in question, while also keeping enough gold (1k) in reserve for the cold weather flying upgrade so I can get back on my epic flying machine.....So much to do.

Thing is, so far I've not found anything that can replace my googles in terms of quest items. Sure some things have more +Int or +Stam, but nothing has come close to the armor, spell power, and crit rating on these things yet....plus the few other things it can do (sockets, see gas nodes....and I've been getting any I see in Northrend...look far away....well that's not always that big a deal.)

Got to level 72 today...Level 73 looks like it may take a while...but that might be because of where I was leveling. That and a lot of travel time between quest hubs.
Old 2008-11-20, 12:13   Link #1467
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for SW King:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-20, 12:37   Link #1468
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Hit 76 last night . Some guildies and I ran a few instances to finish quests and what not and our reaction came out to be "that was it?" . We ended up running the instance in Zul'Drak, Azj'Nerub, and The Old Kingdom which took less than a half hour per. I think we might try and run more with how fast they are and stock up on enchanting mats to help our enchanters lvl. Also, we had our server first for clearing Heroic Naxx (Alliance guild). So far my recent 'To Do' list includes:

-Exaulted with Kalu'ak (~20K to go)
-Exaulted with Valiance Expedition (cause I only need 6.5K more)
-Hit 77 (need...flying...)
-Finish exploring Northrend for achievement
-Finish questing in Grizzly Hills (40 more needed for achievement) before heading off to DragonBlight
-Keep begging guildies for cloth to lvl tailoring
-Keep bugging guildies for gem cut requests to lvl jewelcrafting

So much to do...

Oh, and the the stupid books in Dalaran don't spawn fast enough...
Old 2008-11-20, 21:05   Link #1469
krisslanza

So I'm up to 73 now and... Starting to burn out a bit I think. x_X
Quests in Borean, Howling, Dragonblight, and Grizzly... Just can't seem to stay put anymore trying to find the easiest and quickest ones to do before getting bored.

Ragh.
Old 2008-11-21, 04:52   Link #1470
Ithekro
Warning

I try to focus on an area and get as much done as possible...unless or until a NPC sends me to another place. Then I will bounce around a little finishing quests between point, or if there is a group quest, wait for my friends to come on and we'll finish those up at one time. Finished the questing achievement for the Tundra today as well and the anti-pouching achievement. Gone back into the Dragonblight for a bit before returning to the Fjord to finish up some things.

About half way to level 74 now. I finally have some items with decent amounts of hit on them. Not enough to be hit capped, but a lot better off than my of 3.5% chance to hit over normal. I think I'm at about 10% now and closing on 1,000 damage with 15.7% crit. I imagine if I specced into Demo enough to get the Armor talent I'd get it over 1,000 damage now. Not going to do that just yet, because I've discovered that leveling Destro in Northrend is kind of fun. While I don't drain tank massive groups of mobs I don't drink unless I've been in a massive scrape (and have almost no health or mana). I use Life Tap and Drain Life regularly while the Voidwalker hold the target...and he does hold them most of the time...or at least long enough for them to drop at my feet. That is unless I want to burn them really quickly without DoTs, then it gets mana intensive...or not....if I use Soulfire and Chaos Bolt together. (I was two shotting some elementals in the Fjord with both critting today. That was fun) I've even thinking about respeccing to remove Shadowburn from my talents...since I never use it anymore PvE, though I've have been using Shadowfury a bit of late. It was a good tag all, for one of those over needed targets. Knew where they spawned, and had the circle out and ready. As soon as I saw them, blam...stunned and tagged.
Old 2008-11-21, 08:43   Link #1471
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Ding 80...

/sleep

Heh, have done a couple heroic's now. First time in Utgarde Pinnacle, really really nice instance. <3 the feeling of the place.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-11-21 at 09:30.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 09:08   Link #1472
Komori
D:

Grats! Now get some rest.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:46   Link #1473
Ending

Lv.74 and I have completed Howling Fjord completely. As in: explored the region and done the necessary 130 quests for the accomplishment. Working on Grizzly Hills now and it seems like the place focuses more on the dwarven lore. Heard that there is a good bit of story in Dragonblight, so going there next.

Most of my gear is still the same as at the end of TBC: full primal mooncloth set with bits and pieces from tier-4, Zul'Aman, and PvP. Only my wand and off-hander have changed. Man, I really hope that heroics will be more challenging than this :/
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 18:23   Link #1474
Ithekro
Warning

I imagine those people in full Tier-3 or mixed Tier-2/2.5/3 gear had it easy in Outland as well for a while. I've changed out many of my Outland quest greens, and my shattered sun rep neck from the Tundra and the Fjord, but it took a while to replace quest blues and I've yet to replace any crafted epics.

I do find it ironic that for the D.E.H.T.A. quest line I was equipped with a Nesingwary Safari Stick.
Old 2008-11-21, 18:32   Link #1475
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I do find it ironic that for the D.E.H.T.A. quest line I was equipped with a Nesingwary Safari Stick.
Maybe they thought it was the hand from one of Nessingway's minions?

I went into Northrend with T4/T5 equivalent and badge DPS gear. With Tundra and Fjord cleared as well as maybe just over 50% of Grizzly Hills I've replaced my back, shoulders, a ring, and a trinket (well, also my weapon but that was from the Amphitheater quest chain in Zul'Drak). Though my main gear is healing and I have yet to replace anything except a ring .
Old 2008-11-21, 18:44   Link #1476
Komori
D:

I've replaced about 50% of my gear at 80. The only thing holding me back from replacing more is I don't want to give up the extra 6% damage from my 4 piece. ;_____; I think I only replaced 3 pieces before that.

I finally hit Revered with Kirin Tor so I got my Flameheart Spell Scalpel and can use my offhand. I also got the 40 emblem trinket (Sundial of the Exiled) which is an AWESOME caster trinket.

Equip: Improved critical strike rating by 84.
Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 590 for 10 sec.

It has a 45 second CD and it can proc from any harmful spell and not just crits like the sextant. Worth the 40 emblems since it procs often. When my ring and trinket procced at the same time, I popped my other trinket for a total of 2973 spell damage. It was amazing for the < 5 seconds it lasted.
Old 2008-11-21, 18:58   Link #1477
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Ooo...do want .

I'll probably end up looking up what rep gear I can get at 80 and start replacing them. Though I'll most likely be spending my badges and the like on new healing gear since I was a healer before the expansion and I think my guild want to stay alive during raids >_> (apparently Vampiric Embrace isn't enough ). It's just a tad bit annoying that healing power was made into spell power. I actually need to stare at the gear to see if its good for healing or not
Old 2008-11-21, 20:46   Link #1478
krisslanza

Anyone got any of those Bind on Account (Heirloom level) items yet?
They're slightly disappointing in that you need basically a level 80 to start getting them (the ones in Dalaran you have to do 25-man raids to get the Badges for and the ones in Wintergrasp well... More on that)...

Also Wintergrasp sucks. At least when you have an 80 rogue running around with 20 tenacity that oneshots people for like 30k damage and 3 shots vehicles. And has 61k HP. And a 71 Hunter that can solo level 80's without losing half his HP.
Old 2008-11-22, 02:15   Link #1479
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Its not 25man badges, its just the 10man / heroic badge.
Old 2008-11-22, 02:39   Link #1480
Ithekro
Warning

With the large amount of items having haste on them, I'm wondering when it is better to have haste over damage, hit, or crit? I've figured I don't have enough damage to start with so I've been stacking that, hit and crit over haste.

(We are talking about a Destruction Warlock)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-11-22 at 03:16.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows