AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 14:52   Link #1761
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Yeah, but that's it, and the difference isn't much.
Old 2008-12-10, 15:06   Link #1762
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Female Blood Elves rule 'tis why ;P
*cough*
Uh-uhh! Female gnome lock for life!
Old 2008-12-10, 15:07   Link #1763
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Yeah, but that's it, and the difference isn't much.
There's more actually. I just gave one of the more prominent reasons. Shield Block, better effective-hp, better synergy with healers, best endurance in prolonged battles, etc...

At the moment, Prot-Warriors are still the premier character of choice for raid-main-tanking.

Cheers.
Old 2008-12-10, 15:21   Link #1764
Ithekro
Warning

I imagine the warriors will be back to main tanking by 3.2 patch content (assuming there is another raid or something between Ulduar and Icecrown)
Old 2008-12-10, 17:30   Link #1765
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Uh-uhh! Female gnome lock for life!
^^ Gnome females >>>> Blood Elf, Gnomes are cute, Blood elf females are (no offence) are just to much of a whore race.

the males are just Arcane addicts XD and they know that their sexyer than the rest of the races females XD on the horde side atleast.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:51   Link #1766
Ithekro
Warning

So what about High Elves?
Old 2008-12-10, 17:53   Link #1767
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Prot Paladins have considerably higher TPS, have a much easier time controlling adds, and get uncrushable very early. They do lack a Last Stand/Shield Wall equivalent though.
Prot paladins do have a shield wall. They retooled Divine Protection (the low level version of Divine Shield, (ie the infamous pally bubble)) into a 50% damage reduction for 12 seconds with a 5 minute cooldown. Which is almost exactly the same as the new Shield Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
@Zenemis - Well, actually your spellpower is worth bragging about. I can't recal seeing anyone that high yet for caster dps on my server. I've been looking at dps in the top 2 alliance guilds on BR and they don't have sp that high. You have insane luck to be that close to gear capped already. Kel sword would make it ridiculous.
My spellpower is higher than his. Than again, I guess you probably shouldn't count Flametongue Weapon which is a free 274 spellpower (and 2% crit with the glyph). With my trinkets and raid buffs I can get over 3000 spellpower briefly and 2500 consistently.

...too bad my dps is still relatively low (I can't get past 3.5k). I look forward to the scaling buffs they've hinted at.

Edit: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rogg&n=Ixitixl

My guild just recently started raiding because we didn't have enough 80s, although some of us did joint runs with another guild for a while. Unfortunately, we still don't have enough for 25 so we'll be stuck in 10 man for a while. And now that we have enough for two 10 man groups we don't have time to do the joint runs anymore (not to mention the problems of saving yourself to another instance).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:44   Link #1768
Komori
D:

I have 2270 spell power self buffed. I was trying to see how much spell power I could get and this was the highest I saw last night:

Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:50   Link #1769
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
I have 2270 spell power self buffed. I was trying to see how much spell power I could get and this was the highest I saw last night
Nice!

As an elemental shaman and an alchemist, nearly all raid buffs are self-buffs. It's kinda funny actually. I managed to get like 3200 spellpower and 100% haste (?!) with ToW, Bloodlust, Troll Berserking, etc. 1 second Lightning Bolts are scary. Of course I was just standing around in Org at the time.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 19:10   Link #1770
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^^ Gnome females >>>> Blood Elf, Gnomes are cute, Blood elf females are (no offence) are just to much of a whore race.

the males are just Arcane addicts XD and they know that their sexyer than the rest of the races females XD on the horde side atleast.
No way you just jealous
Female Blood Elves and Draenei are where it's at

Leveling up a female Blood Elf paladin on the side... Gonna make her Holy I think. Not sure if I'll spec my 70 paladin out of Ret or keep her there. Motivated to try Protection if just because Wrath has some awesome-looking one-handed swords...
Old 2008-12-10, 19:21   Link #1771
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I think I manage to pull just over 2K spellpower on my holy priest with only the imp. Inner Fire buff . Sadly I'm only at around 700 mp5 not casting/~300 mp5 while casting though. Hopefully I can get it higher once I replace my T5 shoulders, Cowl helm from BT, and Hyjal trash boots
Old 2008-12-10, 19:34   Link #1772
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Never used this multi-quote thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Clogs I see so much ex Proudmoore horde on Blackrock now, its like most of the pvp minded horde jumped from PM to BR.
Heh, yeah a good few of the "pvp hardcore" left PM for 'greener' pastures. A lot have come back too after they get frustrated with the queues and so on. I guess they just want to outnumber the alliance though so they can have 'fair fights'.

Quote:
There is a bug with (only BM I think) Hunters right now that make them do INSANE damage. I seriously mean insane damage.

23:19'20.390 Subpar ranged shot hit Death Knight Understudy #1 for 89446 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.000 Huey melee swing hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 46336 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.203 Subpar Steady Shot hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 118599 Physical. (Critical)
23:19'21.203 Huey Rake hits Death Knight Understudy #1 for 107806 Physical. (Critical)
There was a bug with Ferocious Inspiration (I believe it is) that will allow a damage multiplier to stack indefinitely. So by the end of a fight you could have an insane modifier. And yeah the Understudies do take crazy damage at the end of the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Today, cleared out Storm Peaks for quests. The final part of Brann's chain was epic.
It was epic wasn't it. I really liked a lot of the quest lines they put in this expansion they are so interesting story wise. The Brothers Bronzebeard really does kick a lot of ass. The Reckoning was also an incredible quest line really looking forward to see the conclusion to that in Uldaur, needs more Thorim. Storm Peaks was great for the Titan lore, I really enjoyed it. Now I just need to do Icecrown, and Sholazar (I completely missed it yet again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
There's more actually. I just gave one of the more prominent reasons. Shield Block, better effective-hp, better synergy with healers, best endurance in prolonged battles, etc...

At the moment, Prot-Warriors are still the premier character of choice for raid-main-tanking.

Cheers.
The difference is a lot closer then you seem to think. Shield Block isn't the be all it used to be. For 'best synergy with healers' I think you'd be fairly hard pressed to find anything to compete with a Blood Death Knight's Vampiric Blood ability. The tanks are all pretty interchangeable with each other and have abilities that mimic each other. Heck DK's are being 'buffed' further in the next patch (they won't let their new pet languish). Druids will be getting changes too, haven't heard about any Paladin changes

It more comes down a lot to the person playing to not be a retard more then the class now.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...93670104&sid=1 pretty good post that covers most the points, his points about mitigation and avoidance I've noticed personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I imagine the warriors will be back to main tanking by 3.2 patch content (assuming there is another raid or something between Ulduar and Icecrown)
We will have to see, I'd be pretty disappointed if that's the case considering the new party line for tanks from blizzard is the exact opposite.

Blizzard is even taking steps to nerf classes that are doing too much and buffing other classes to bring them in line with each other.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-12-10 at 19:49.
Mr Hat and Clogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 20:40   Link #1773
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
No way you just jealous
Female Blood Elves and Draenei are where it's at

Leveling up a female Blood Elf paladin on the side... Gonna make her Holy I think. Not sure if I'll spec my 70 paladin out of Ret or keep her there. Motivated to try Protection if just because Wrath has some awesome-looking one-handed swords...
wth would i be jealous about? I'm a guy, I don't play female characters, Unless forced like Heavenly Blade or in fighting games.
Old 2008-12-10, 20:52   Link #1774
Komori
D:

Quote:
wth would i be jealous about? I'm a guy, I don't play female characters, Unless forced like Heavenly Blade or in fighting games.
Anyone ever tell you you're way too serious about a game?
Old 2008-12-10, 21:01   Link #1775
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Anyone ever tell you you're way too serious about a game?
So? when I play a game I play to play the game, not for Sexual pleasure but for Entertainment. If I wanted to p lay a game for boobs and skin, I'd play Dead Or ALive Beach volly ball 2
Old 2008-12-10, 21:37   Link #1776
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
So? when I play a game I play to play the game, not for Sexual pleasure but for Entertainment. If I wanted to p lay a game for boobs and skin, I'd play Dead Or ALive Beach volly ball 2
I play for entertainment and playing as a guy isn't my view of it.
Pretty much to the point I won't play games that force me to play a male character without some reason... Or it's an RPG so I can play as the girls or something.
Old 2008-12-10, 21:47   Link #1777
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I play for entertainment and playing as a guy isn't my view of it.
Pretty much to the point I won't play games that force me to play a male character without some reason... Or it's an RPG so I can play as the girls or something.
yea but heres the thing, I'm not a Yuri or yaoi fan I just don't like playing as a female character because just about every game the girls are in scampy outfit, but that would be a Plus for you
Old 2008-12-10, 21:50   Link #1778
Komori
D:

Old 2008-12-10, 22:14   Link #1779
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I'd play as a potato sack if the potato sack could look bad ass and be entertaining while doing whatever it is a potato sack does.
Old 2008-12-10, 23:40   Link #1780
Ithekro
Warning

So. Many. Uses.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows