AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 23:59   Link #1781
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Old 2008-12-11, 00:11   Link #1782
Ithekro
Warning

I play male characters because I view them as an avatar of myself, generally. I've not considered Roleplaying as a female because my understanding of how the female mind works in quite limited.

Other than that I spent part of the day questing in Icecrown and mining the Basin (well over 100 pieces of ore today including enough Titanium for three bars of Titansteel). Need to go back in and see what the Icecrown dailies are, and capture the Shadow Vaults for the Ebon Blade.
Old 2008-12-11, 00:12   Link #1783
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Ok that first one made me laugh really hard, But guys stop before you get in trouble.

EDIT: what Ithekro said is basicly what i mean, but a little strickter.
Old 2008-12-11, 00:24   Link #1784
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I've RPed as a boy before I don't find it hard... Maybe guys are easier to think like?
But it isn't about yaoi or yuri at all (ok I love yuri to death but that's besides the point), I just don't like playing a guy if I have the choice.

I always find the females look better. The males are just too... Large and muscular, and broad. I like slim and deadly looking. Hence why I think female Blood Elves look the best in plate... Though female Draenei look the best overall
Old 2008-12-11, 00:50   Link #1785
Slideways
Always Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'd play as a potato sack if the potato sack could look bad ass and be entertaining while doing whatever it is a potato sack does.
I'd drive a Toyota Tacoma in-game and do whatever it is that Toyota Tacoma's do.

Bonus for 'getting it.'
Old 2008-12-11, 01:39   Link #1786
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

FOUR WHEELS OF FURAH?

Marilyn Monroe, making potato sacks look good.

Anyway back on topic!

I think artistically the female characters are better too look at in WoW, and I also prefer slimmer characters. WoW is the first game where I've near exclusively played female characters. I've played male characters in most others. I usually pick a certain gender if I'm going for a specific look, feel or play style (if gender affects the gameplay). I'm not a big fan of burly characters, I usually prefer the smaller ones. Unless it just doesn't fit the class/style. Like an RL friend of mine I'm really big on setting a character up to match the look and style that suits a particular image I have for it.

I swears this topic keeps coming up and we all keep repeating the same answers. @_@

Kriss your somewhat ambiguous comments confuse me, are you male or female? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 2008-12-11, 02:17   Link #1787
Komori
D:

Indeed, the topic does keep coming up and it's just as stupid every time. The correct response to this subject will from now on be a Kyon facepalm. But that's one sexy potato sack. /flirt

I think I'm starting to feel the effects of rushing through content so quickly. This week raiding has felt like a chore to me. I seriously tried getting my way out of raiding tonight because of how pissed I was (partially because of it). We did Sartharion last week with 2 drakes up. This week we did it with 0 drakes. Reasoning? We don't have enough tanks and our tank healer is gone. Classes available in raid who are able to tank (minus people already tanking or healing): 1 Paladin, 2 Death Knights, 2 Warriors, and 1 Druid (although I kinda like his aura so I wouldn't want him to respec ). I know some of these people have tanking gear, too. I'm pretty tired of doing the same content over and over now and not doing anything challenging.

For the past two weeks, I've only logged in 4 nights to raid. The other days I've either logged in very briefly for a daily quest or two or just not logged in at all. I'm considering stopping for a while until 3.1 comes out but I don't want to lose my spot in the guild. >.< That, and they always said how every Warlock they've had has come and gone more than any other class. I'm the only active Warlock raiding right now. I don't want to add to that number.

So, any others feeling like this?
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 03:16   Link #1788
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
they always said how every Warlock they've had has come and gone more than any other class. I'm the only active Warlock raiding right now. I don't want to add to that number.

So, any others feeling like this?
i feel you. i used to play a warlock class until i re-rolled a gnome warrior tank (which sucks balls now because of the racial nerf long ago). i wish i was a female human warrior *sigh*. anyway i honestly feel like its hard to find a good warlock nowadays. or it might be my server... but still, most i come across suck ---. im pretty sure your guild wont kick you off the roster if you say you want to take a break until the new raid patch comes if that is what they feel like about warlocks. they WILL keep farming the current content regardless if you're there or not. but that cor and coe... not to mention summoning people inside the instance and those mighty healthstones and-- ok ill stop ;p

wish me luck on my t7 helm this week!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 03:28   Link #1789
Ithekro
Warning

Is it warlocks in general on your servers, or just in raids? I keep seeing warlocks all over Northrend. The flaming horse is a dead give-away.

I don't raid so I'm not good in that sense. (And I probably play the class wrong anyway. It works against leveling which is all I've needed).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-12-11 at 04:18.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 03:48   Link #1790
Komori
D:

@IcExAlcHeMy: They kick anyone who is inactive for a certain period of time out, regardless of reason. The guild roster is kept as small as possible. It is possible to get an invite again if you want though.

@Ithekro: I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not but the Warlocks on my server aren't really hardcore raiders. I'm sure some of them have potential but would rather stay with their friends, which is totally understandable.

I'm probably going to wait this out until my GM returns from his 2 week training session and see how it is after that. If it's no longer enjoyable, I might take a break.
Old 2008-12-11, 03:57   Link #1791
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:

I think I'm starting to feel the effects of rushing through content so quickly. This week raiding has felt like a chore to me. I seriously tried getting my way out of raiding tonight because of how pissed I was (partially because of it). We did Sartharion last week with 2 drakes up. This week we did it with 0 drakes. Reasoning? We don't have enough tanks and our tank healer is gone. Classes available in raid who are able to tank (minus people already tanking or healing): 1 Paladin, 2 Death Knights, 2 Warriors, and 1 Druid (although I kinda like his aura so I wouldn't want him to respec ). I know some of these people have tanking gear, too. I'm pretty tired of doing the same content over and over now and not doing anything challenging.
I think I'm on the opposite sprectum :P. My guild right now have too less people that we could barely make a raid. Also we have too many mages that we need to drop some of them. We really want to raid, but cannot T T.

But yeah, tank and heal are really hard to find. Right now, we only have 2 warrior that could tank, with a death knight coming along the way soon. For healer we only have 2 druid (one of them is totally undergeared) and a priest.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 07:59   Link #1792
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I've RPed as a boy before I don't find it hard... Maybe guys are easier to think like?
But it isn't about yaoi or yuri at all (ok I love yuri to death but that's besides the point), I just don't like playing a guy if I have the choice.

I always find the females look better. The males are just too... Large and muscular, and broad. I like slim and deadly looking. Hence why I think female Blood Elves look the best in plate... Though female Draenei look the best overall
lol you woulda liked the Original BE male look until they changed it because of complainers sayin BE men looked to girly, they used to be a bit buffer than the females and better hair styles and Spell and walk motions.

oh AWESOME! good news Kriss! , Now they get a Gender change system you can do...... Fuckin fantastic, now the entire server is gonna be all females XD

also I changed my BE's Hair style

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-12-11 at 08:19.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 08:29   Link #1793
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hunters pulled back into line by Blizz and I'm looking forward to seeing some massive Arcane Barrage crits in some staged videos.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 09:12   Link #1794
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I just spent some time herbing in Scholozar, and now I remember why I loved question in that area so much.

Dear god, the music is just so wonderful.

It's even better when you are just herbing, and not... you know... fighting, because the music is so calming. I think I'm going to recommend stressed players to just go there, turn the music on loop, and relax.
Old 2008-12-11, 10:12   Link #1795
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Kriss your somewhat ambiguous comments confuse me, are you male or female? If you don't mind me asking.
I'm female ;P

@Kyero:
OH NOES TRAPS. THE HORROR.
I think I've heard some people wishing the could change their blood elves to female... Looks like they have their chance now.
Old 2008-12-11, 11:59   Link #1796
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

OH FUCKING YEAH!

After 3 Weeks, several all-nighters and all-dayers I DID IT. FUCKING YES!

http://img.pulseone.at/image/0NknCKlAkIg.jpg

I'm still shaking... i think i'll go sleep now...
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 12:02   Link #1797
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I'm female ;P

@Kyero:
OH NOES TRAPS. THE HORROR.
I think I've heard some people wishing the could change their blood elves to female... Looks like they have their chance now.
Yea and i'll be the one that points and laughs at them

Whats ur guys favorite PVP song to PVP to?

mines Bombshell b y Powerman5000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trdGHoQZGaM
Old 2008-12-11, 12:14   Link #1798
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea and i'll be the one that points and laughs at them

Whats ur guys favorite PVP song to PVP to?

mines Bombshell b y Powerman5000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trdGHoQZGaM
Oh they're used to it I imagine. Male Blood Elves are the laughing stock of the WoW community. If they ever complain or post on the forums you can instantly rebuke them by simply saying:
"Says the male blood elf."

Old 2008-12-11, 12:29   Link #1799
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
They kick anyone who is inactive for a certain period of time out, regardless of reason. The guild roster is kept as small as possible. It is possible to get an invite again if you want though.
Well that kinda sucks :/
I've been in several different guilds over the coarse of my WoW experience. After being with different types of guilds I don't think I'll ever leave my current one. As much as I enjoy raiding, those hardcore guilds are just...too hardcore for me . All that DKP and raiding most of the week can get to you. Not to mention you are soo far behind when you first join and might not get gear for months at a time unless you raid all the time. What I like about my guild is that it was started by friends and now I've become friends with them. I think vent is more of a chat room than instance tool at times . There's no DKP and we do raid. It's just we're not all dead serious about it. We've had people leave for personal reasons and then they'd just come back later still in the guild (though there are those few who left the guild itself that we don't want back, but that's probably common across most guilds). I mean, we just started raiding again yesterday because we didn't want to set a date. Once we had enough 80s we then started talking about raiding. And we only did one wing of Naxx because two of them farther east had early meetings. It was still great to be back raiding with everyone . And from what I can tell the next guild gathering might end up being the wedding next year . We're still bugging them about holding an in-game ceremony
Old 2008-12-11, 13:12   Link #1800
Komori
D:

Eh, we don't use DKP and we don't use vent to talk much. We use loot council which sometimes can be a bit unfair (I'm looking at you, Sapphiron DoT trinket) but other times it's ok. Vent is more like a raid tool and nothing more for us. The officers have been trying to get everyone more active on vent, even during raid times, but conversations don't happen all that often. It kinda stems from strict rules during raids in TBC that people haven't given up yet.

It can be pretty stressful. >.<

@Narzia: That's a badass pet you've got there. Grats.

On to 3.0.8 changes!

Quote:
Achievements
New achievements rewards
Lil' Game Hunter - Collect 100 unique companion pets. - Reward: Little Fawn's Salt Lick
Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Blue Dragonhawk Mount
Mountain o' Mounts - Obtain 100 mounts. - Reward: Red Dragonhawk Mount

Warlock
Skills
Affliction
Drain Mana now Transfers 3% of target's maximum mana every 1 sec from the target to the caster (up to a maximum of 6% of the caster's maximum mana every 1 sec). Lasts 5 sec.

Demonology
Ritual of Summoning Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.

Talents
Destruction
Backdraft now also reduces the global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells by 10/20/30%.
Chaos Bolt
damage has been increased (from 1036-1314 to 1243-1577 for Rank 4).

Demonology
Demonic Knowledge now Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 3/6/9% of the total of your active demon's Stamina plus Intellect. (Down from 4/8/12%)
Demonic Tactics now Increases melee and spell critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 1/2/3/4/5%. (Down from 2/4/6/8/10%)
Demonic Empathy now affects all spells for 15 seconds. (Old - 3 next spells)
Nice demo nerfs. I could've swore they nerfed DT before then buffed it again, now they're nerfing it again?

Do want.

Blizzard sure is handing out Feats of Strength:
Quote:
Vampire Hunter Slew Prince Tenris Mirkblood and acquired his Vampiric Batling pet. 0
The Fifth Element Obtain an Aqual Quintessence. 0

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows