AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-14, 10:24   Link #1841
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Finally got to see a Sartahrion 25 kill today. Loot from him sucks though - for casters, anyway.
yea his drops do suck XD but not for DK's! I got my First Epic from him (Tier7.5 gloves) lots of people were mad, and I made a entire guild a enemy because I out DPSed them

anyone know a good server? Rexxar is fuckin pissin me off.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:12   Link #1842
Ithekro
Warning

Why am I scared?

This is why:
Spoiler for Pictures from the depths of the Weeping Quarry:
Old 2008-12-14, 16:20   Link #1843
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why am I scared?

This is why:
Spoiler for Pictures from the depths of the Weeping Quarry:
Shur'nab... shur'nab... Yogg-Saron!

That's a pretty awesome find!
Old 2008-12-14, 16:29   Link #1844
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul.

Though I think that is an avatar of Yogg-Saron, or perhaps one of his generals, rather then Yogg-Saron himself. Yogg-Saron is said to be chained under Vordrassil, which is quite a way from the Weeping Quarry.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:57   Link #1845
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ywaq ma phgwa'cul hnakf.

But as dormant as it is, it may be or was a part of his body.

I mean... we don't really know the size of that thing, could be one of his many mouthes.
Yogg-Saron could spread under all of Nortrend.

And his whispers can be heard in the saronit mine in Ymirheim.
Old 2008-12-14, 17:27   Link #1846
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Iilth vwah, uhn'agth fhssh za.

You may be right. His whispers do carry pretty far, I loved the paranoia inducing whispers in Whisper Gulch.

Ahhh, the Old Gods are such a great part of the Warcraft Lore, I can't wait to learn more about them. Screw Arthas! Give us Yogg-Saron, Blizzard!
Old 2008-12-14, 17:56   Link #1847
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

They are pretty awesome!
And me being interessted Cthulhu myth make it even more awesome.

And we may even see Yogg-Saron before Arthas, as Blizzard stated that they wanted to make Arthas the very final boss of the expansion, so his raid will be added last.
Old 2008-12-14, 18:24   Link #1848
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

YES! That's one more bright spot to look forward to!

Now here's to hoping the next expansion will be centralized around the Old Gods. After all, someone is messing with the Emerald Dream. And I doubt it's the scourge.
Old 2008-12-14, 18:49   Link #1849
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I think its just part of Yogg-Saron, one of his tentacle mouth things spreading his corruption up through Northrend.

And yeah I find the Old gods to be much more mysterious, much more interesting, and much more 'scarry' then Arthas is. Although Arthas does have his cool bits and all that like being a powerful necromancer and controlling a vast horde of zombies, but he seems to have gone the typical villain path (although I prefer what they have done with Arthas far more then Illidan). There is something that much more intimidating about a malignant force who's presence was responsible for the creation of your (and other) species, is enough to cause insanity, and who's death would impact on a global scale and they do not care one wiff about you and exist on a scale that is beyond anything you can imagine. What is not cool about that?

I forget which lowbie zone it was, or what quest it was you first learn about the Old Gods, but through out the game my favorite lore has always been the Titan and Old God lore. There has always been little tib-bits here and there just to show that they are a force and they have in the past wreaked terrible destruction on the world, but never anything completely over whelming.

I'm kinda hoping there is something mentioned about why Arthas built his entire fortress out of saronite. I'd like to think there is a secondary reason other then "its good shit". Its a corrupted mineral, and I'm hoping that with the way Icecrown Citidel is laid out that Yogg-Saron had a hand in shaping the design. I'd love it if just being inside a solid tomb of saronite the place was permeated with his presence, and he was whispering too you through the whole place. Arthas might get some residual benefit from the building, but I'd just love the idea of him being used by Yogg-Saron and not realizing it.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-12-14 at 19:04.
Mr Hat and Clogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 23:39   Link #1850
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I find that zone the most exhausting by far. The other zones I could keep steaming along and still feel refreshed. But Icecrown is just draining.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:43   Link #1851
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I think its just part of Yogg-Saron, one of his tentacle mouth things spreading his corruption up through Northrend.

And yeah I find the Old gods to be much more mysterious, much more interesting, and much more 'scarry' then Arthas is. Although Arthas does have his cool bits and all that like being a powerful necromancer and controlling a vast horde of zombies, but he seems to have gone the typical villain path (although I prefer what they have done with Arthas far more then Illidan). There is something that much more intimidating about a malignant force who's presence was responsible for the creation of your (and other) species, is enough to cause insanity, and who's death would impact on a global scale and they do not care one wiff about you and exist on a scale that is beyond anything you can imagine. What is not cool about that?

I forget which lowbie zone it was, or what quest it was you first learn about the Old Gods, but through out the game my favorite lore has always been the Titan and Old God lore. There has always been little tib-bits here and there just to show that they are a force and they have in the past wreaked terrible destruction on the world, but never anything completely over whelming.

I'm kinda hoping there is something mentioned about why Arthas built his entire fortress out of saronite. I'd like to think there is a secondary reason other then "its good shit". Its a corrupted mineral, and I'm hoping that with the way Icecrown Citidel is laid out that Yogg-Saron had a hand in shaping the design. I'd love it if just being inside a solid tomb of saronite the place was permeated with his presence, and he was whispering too you through the whole place. Arthas might get some residual benefit from the building, but I'd just love the idea of him being used by Yogg-Saron and not realizing it.
The death knight armor and weapons are also made of Saronite but it doesn't whisper to you.

I think the zone you mean is... I want to say Darkshore? Around there. I know in a Night Elf zone you find the impaled remains of an Old God.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:34   Link #1852
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Downed 3 drake heroic Sartharion tonight. We ended up switching our strat which made things a lot easier. Only took a few attempts after the switch to get the kill. It's amazing how much loot you get with three drakes lol. Was lucky enough to nab T7.5 hands, but not lucky enough to get the mount. Still pleased since I'm in half blues atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've found spending talents into and glyphing my disease strikes to give very effective DPS, and you don't have to worry about refreshing diseases. I always take the six extra seconds of disease time for multiple mob encounters. Paste the diseases, spread them around, and hope Wandering Plague procs (which, when 10 mobs have two procable diseases on them, happens more often then not). I always take 3 into Improved Icy Touch. I'm not saying no to 30% extra damage on one of the skills I keep spamming.

Ghouls are expendable anyway, so don't spend too much effort keeping them alive. Night of the Dead takes care of that, as you can just summon another one as fast as they fall. Next patch Night of the Dead will also give them a 70% AoE avoidance, so they'll be lasting longer.

I find myself guilty as charged on Winter's Horn. But that just takes some time getting used to.

Could you show me your current spec? I'm curious as to how you spend your points.
I know about NotD, but didn't have it for a bit. I'm out of that stupid AMZ spec since it's pretty useless. GM didn't realize how useless it was, but oh well. This is my normal spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZZfMbhxckgcoMfsut

I also have the Scourge Strike glyph. That was my point, that keeping an eye on the timers to see when the glyph refreshes the diseases so I don't have to is yet another thing to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Hey, that's not as easy as you think! I almost got a finger cramp one time from spamming that one button so hard, it would have all been over if that happened. But seriously, it's really amazing how many hunters fail at such a simple concept. Have seen people with same spec and better gear do significantly less damage than me (and the tank. /kyonfacepalm) I always have people telling me I'm good but it's really hard to respond to that since I am only pushing one button, plus a few others when the cooldown is up.
I bind my steady shot macro to mousewheel up. Slightly better, but still annoying if you're going at it for awhile. It is surprising how many simple things people can't do. As in your case, I've had a few people say that I was the first decent DK they've seen. I feel slightly abashed as well, but because unholy AoE is so good. It takes an idiot not to get good dps.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:30   Link #1853
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Note to self - respec my DK alt to Blood next time I'm on.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:56   Link #1854
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Downed 3 drake heroic Sartharion tonight. We ended up switching our strat which made things a lot easier. Only took a few attempts after the switch to get the kill. It's amazing how much loot you get with three drakes lol. Was lucky enough to nab T7.5 hands, but not lucky enough to get the mount. Still pleased since I'm in half blues atm.
I'm curious, what strat did you change to that made it easier? We weren't able to attempt 3 drakes last week but I'm hoping (and I doubt it'll happen) we will this week.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:11   Link #1855
Ithekro
Warning

Icecrown seems to have the largest number of quests (for a zone) in the expansion. Even the lore/questing achievement in Icecrown is 140 quests where as most of the others are around 100 quests. I haven't even really started the quest chain out towards the coast yet, nor the Scarlet Crusaders coastal base quests. Done just about everything else up to when a chain requires a 5 man group to complete.

Other than that I've been mining and doing dailies to get my engineering up and gather enough materials for when I do have: the money (still need about 6,000 more gold), the skill (at 449, but everything is green save the goggles which are BoP, and uses titanium bars), the materials (just got enough titanium and titansteel to complete the bike...after five more days of cool downs for smelting the titansteel), and the reputation with the Alliance Vangard...still about 5,500 rep to go).

Also sometimes going back to the Storm Peaks to continue the quest chain that leads to the encounter with Loken. That should finish off my lore achievent for that zone once I get through it. Will also unlock the Frostborn Dwarves daily.
Old 2008-12-15, 07:59   Link #1856
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
lol took you long enough to realize our POWER!
Old 2008-12-15, 08:55   Link #1857
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I know about NotD, but didn't have it for a bit. I'm out of that stupid AMZ spec since it's pretty useless. GM didn't realize how useless it was, but oh well. This is my normal spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZZfMbhxckgcoMfsut

I also have the Scourge Strike glyph. That was my point, that keeping an eye on the timers to see when the glyph refreshes the diseases so I don't have to is yet another thing to watch.
Interesting spec. No outbreak and Corpse Explosion though? I can understand Corpse Explosion (at least until the next patch) but Outbreak? Why say no to a 30% damage for 3 skills?

Blood caked blade... I found the proc to be a bit too random to rely on for DPS. Would have chosen it if I had the point, but choices had to be made, and it didn't cut it.

*reads on*

*blinks*

Wait, no magic suppression and AMF? Why not? The shell will give you full protection from magic damage for 5 seconds, 10 if glyphed (and believe me, it's well worth the extra 15 seconds cooldown) the AMF is a gorgeous bonus, great when fighting AoE bosses, or when you're fighting tough magic users and your shell is on cooldown.

The aura... I don't see why. It doesn't stack with other movement effects, and your unholy presence gives the same effect anyway.

Nice to see other people agreeing that Desecration isn't worth the 5 points it takes.

Pardon the random rambles, it's mostly curiosity.

Quote:
I bind my steady shot macro to mousewheel up. Slightly better, but still annoying if you're going at it for awhile. It is surprising how many simple things people can't do. As in your case, I've had a few people say that I was the first decent DK they've seen. I feel slightly abashed as well, but because unholy AoE is so good. It takes an idiot not to get good dps.
I've been asking myself this for a while now... but does Subversion make up for the increased threat Death and Decay causes? I've been hesitant to use it in instances out of fear of grabbing mobs away from the tank and being yelled at.

Quote:
Blood is excellent for leveling, virtually no downtime, and soloing of elite mobs is possible to a degree. generally, you can take on quest that's advised as a 3 man group solo. 5 mans depend on the boss, but I've done the occasional one before.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:51   Link #1858
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I wanted to make mine Blood all the way until launch time. Then everyone in-game told me to go Unholy. I never got to see a Blood one in action. Nearly everyone is Unholy and there are a few Frosts running around. I never see a Blood DK so I've never seen how they work in person. I always wanted to do Blood more but everyone raves on about Unholy so...meh.

And the other factor being every time I go into a Battleground now, there's always at least three Unholy Death Kinghts running around together. Killing them is pointless...they come straight back and finish you. Get away from one and you get Death Gripped back again. Really lost the taste for PvP now.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:59   Link #1859
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Interesting spec. No outbreak and Corpse Explosion though? I can understand Corpse Explosion (at least until the next patch) but Outbreak? Why say no to a 30% damage for 3 skills?

Blood caked blade... I found the proc to be a bit too random to rely on for DPS. Would have chosen it if I had the point, but choices had to be made, and it didn't cut it.

*reads on*

*blinks*

Wait, no magic suppression and AMF? Why not? The shell will give you full protection from magic damage for 5 seconds, 10 if glyphed (and believe me, it's well worth the extra 15 seconds cooldown) the AMF is a gorgeous bonus, great when fighting AoE bosses, or when you're fighting tough magic users and your shell is on cooldown.

The aura... I don't see why. It doesn't stack with other movement effects, and your unholy presence gives the same effect anyway.

Nice to see other people agreeing that Desecration isn't worth the 5 points it takes.

Pardon the random rambles, it's mostly curiosity.
Blood caked is awful for DPS unless you're dual wielding. Though if you do I hear it's actually pretty good DPS. I wouldn't touch dual wielding because... Come on. Death Knight? Screams badass two-handers man.

What's not good about Desecration? You might not wanna stick all 5 into it, 4 would probably be more then enough or even 3 if you really wanted.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:28   Link #1860
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I wanted to make mine Blood all the way until launch time. Then everyone in-game told me to go Unholy. I never got to see a Blood one in action. Nearly everyone is Unholy and there are a few Frosts running around. I never see a Blood DK so I've never seen how they work in person. I always wanted to do Blood more but everyone raves on about Unholy so...meh.
Don't listen to them. Blood is excellent, and the Blood Aura is actually appreciated in parties, rather then a funny plaything.

I merely spec Unholy because I prefer it, but a Blood Knight can easily match an Unholy Knight in DPS.

Unless Dancing Rune Weapon bugs, but then that's so rare it's almost funny.

Quote:
And the other factor being every time I go into a Battleground now, there's always at least three Unholy Death Kinghts running around together. Killing them is pointless...they come straight back and finish you. Get away from one and you get Death Gripped back again. Really lost the taste for PvP now.
Too much of one class can do that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Blood caked is awful for DPS unless you're dual wielding. Though if you do I hear it's actually pretty good DPS. I wouldn't touch dual wielding because... Come on. Death Knight? Screams badass two-handers man.
Mograine does Bad Ass dual-wielding now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What's not good about Desecration? You might not wanna stick all 5 into it, 4 would probably be more then enough or even 3 if you really wanted.
Desecration is good for two things: The snare, and the 5% damage increase. Both of them, however, need the ability to proc first. In PVP, that means the skill doesn't necessarily pop when you need it, and targets will rarely stand in one place for long. Plus, you need to stand on the ground for the 5% damage buff. In PVE, it's somewhat more usable, as long as the battle is a tank and spank one, rather then a battle in which the boss and/or mobs move around a lot. Of course, such fights render the snare virtually useless. Plus, relying on the proc means you won't have it all the fight.

In short, Desecration is one of those '5 or nothing' talents if you don't want to rely on procs. Kinda like Blood of the North in Frost. The difference is that Unholy has an alternative to pick, Rage of Rivendare, which gives a 10% damage bonus, double of what Desecration does, to anything infected with Blood Plague, and passively increases your expertise by 5. For me, someone who doesn't like relying on procs, this makes the choice obvious. 5/5 in a skill which has double the benefits? Yes please! It's not like I have to worry about targets running away with my Ghoul bashing or stunning them, and otherwise I'll just reel them in with Death Grip.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows