AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-08, 17:46   Link #241
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Accous recognises Scag's ship as the Cradle of the Saints. Scaglietti says it destroyed the ancient world (one of them anyway) I am so disappointed, what kind of warlord considers "Cradle" to be a suitable name for a super warship?
Since Vivio is the Vessel of the Saints, it makes sense that the ship is called Cradle...in a way...

I guess 'Throne of the Saints' wouldn't be a suitable name...
Old 2007-08-08, 18:50   Link #242
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess since Vivio is a little girl and cries like a little baby, "cradle" would be a suitable name for someone who fits that description...think of it as a real "cradle" to carry a little child while powering some kind of large ship that can cause huge amounts of damage.

I'm starting to think that the way how the final battle will go, it will be similar to something that I've watched before and its called "Black Cat", but hopefully it won't feel rushed though...only 7 more episodes left.
But seriously a giant ship...why couldn't Scaglietti do to what he did to Ginga...make Vivio go against RF6 all brainwashed and stuff and with barrier jacket and device.
Old 2007-08-08, 22:25   Link #243
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by estavali
I wondered if they can heal themselves in the case of very severe damage by returning to the Tome and rebuilding themselves in it.
They can't do that because they are not only seperated from the Book, but the Book itself has been seal away for good. What Hayate currently carries is a replica, not the original Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
make Vivio go against RF6 all brainwashed and stuff and with barrier jacket and device.
You're not thinking big enough. To him, RF6 is just another set of obstacles in his way. He needs Vivio and the ship to reach his real goals. The first of which is the destruction of GC it seems.

I'm betting the Cradle is headed for GC too. If RF6 can penetrate its defenses quickly enough, there should only be Uno, Clinque and maybe Due onboard as defenders. Plus a horde of Drones of course, but those should be managable. As for any internal defenses built into the ship, it shouldn't be too heavy. After all, you wouldn't want them to blast holes through the ship's hull, right?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 00:59   Link #244
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!

It raises a thought. Could the ship also have its own guardians, which would be activated once the ship is operational?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:04   Link #245
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It raises a thought. Could the ship also have its own guardians, which would be activated once the ship is operational?
Maybe, but I think that role would most likely fall to Drones... Seeing how Fate was busting them upside down in the Op.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:40   Link #246
Fabien

Quote:
I wondered if they can heal themselves in the case of very severe damage by returning to the Tome and rebuilding themselves in it.

But then again, IIRC, after the last battle in A's, they were permanently separated from it, no?
They were indeed separated from it, and the Tome itself was destroyed.

(EDIT)
If there's no error in episode 10's subtitles, there are four devices around Hayate: Reinforce II, the Tome of the Azure Sky Rein carries, the Tome of the Night Sky (is that the original one?) Hayate carries, and Schwertkreuz (Hayate's staff I suppose).
Not sure how all those are related to each other and to the Wolkenritters. But the Knights are not completely separate, since they can unison with Rein.

Last edited by Fabien; 2007-08-09 at 01:58.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:43   Link #247
Fabien

Quote:
I'm betting the Cradle is headed for GC too.
GC is a joke, Scag doesn't need anything big to destroy it.
Nope, if anything, the Cradle is headed to TSAB main branch's headquarters, which are in space (or interdimentional space?), thus the need for a ship.
Old 2007-08-09, 01:49   Link #248
Fabien

Quote:
Could the ship also have its own guardians, which would be activated once the ship is operational?
I don't think so. The Wolkenritters were needed by the Tome to collect magical power and fill in its pages. There's no such need with the Cradle.
Old 2007-08-09, 02:17   Link #249
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien
GC is a joke, Scag doesn't need anything big to destroy it.
Well, he'd probably want the demolition done fast. Besides, the ship is on Mid-Childa anyway. Then he'll head for HQ.

Hayate's current Tome of the Night Sky is probably a replica instead of the original. In ep19, Shamal mentions that Hayate herself can provide emergency restoration and magic power to them, but that ability is gradually diminishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali
Could the ship also have its own guardians, which would be activated once the ship is operational?
I wouldn't be too surprised if the ship had internal defenses designed to repel boarders. However, they probably aren't too powerful. If their weapons were, say antitank for example, there's a risk of blowing holes in the main hull while attacking the intruders. It's like how Air Marshals carry those special bullets that can penetrate flesh but shatter if they hit the plane's skin. Of course, this only applies if they designers used common sense. If they were nuts, all bets are off.
Old 2007-08-09, 03:02   Link #250
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

We need to note too that during the revival of the Cradle, the 3 parties he's specifically telling it to are his sponsors (( whoever they are )), TSAB Mid-childa Ground Central (( not just TSAB in general )), along with the Saint Church.

Considering that 2 of those aforementioned parties are in Mid-childa, it seems likely he'll strike Mid-childa first.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 04:04   Link #251
arkhangelsk

Quote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if the ship had internal defenses designed to repel boarders. However, they probably aren't too powerful. If their weapons were, say antitank for example, there's a risk of blowing holes in the main hull while attacking the intruders. It's like how Air Marshals carry those special bullets that can penetrate flesh but shatter if they hit the plane's skin. Of course, this only applies if they designers used common sense. If they were nuts, all bets are off.
An alternate possibility are defenses that don't require hull penetration - for example toxic gas, good old compartmentalization, and reactive forcefields that incinerate all who touch them.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 04:27   Link #252
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Okay, one thing totally eluded me in this episode. I don't think they were stated either, but damn if I'll trust my moon-hear skills.

So....what was the purpose of all those Jirai-ohs (( Lutecia's thunder beetles )) scattered all over sparking electric spheres over their heads?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 04:33   Link #253
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:

You're not thinking big enough. To him, RF6 is just another set of obstacles in his way. He needs Vivio and the ship to reach his real goals. The first of which is the destruction of GC it seems.

I'm betting the Cradle is headed for GC too. If RF6 can penetrate its defenses quickly enough, there should only be Uno, Clinque and maybe Due onboard as defenders. Plus a horde of Drones of course, but those should be managable. As for any internal defenses built into the ship, it shouldn't be too heavy. After all, you wouldn't want them to blast holes through the ship's hull, right?

yea probably I'm not thinking big enough, but if Scaglietti's first goal is to destroy GC, then whats his next objective? The destruction of TSAB?
If he succeeds in the destruction of TSAB, then "world domination" would be his main goal.
This cradle ship seems like it will be complicated for RF6 to save Vivio while trying to disarm or destroy the huge ship. I mean if she's the core, getting to her will not be that easy, especially since the ship is armed with non-magic weapons.
plus theres the hint of RH's other mode, "blaster mode" and this mode is rumored to have exhausted Nanoha when she last used it. (ambush event 8 years ago)
Even though she says she won't use it, she will and especially since it will be used to save Vivio from the Cradle.
Old 2007-08-09, 04:54   Link #254
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightengale
what was the purpose of all those Jirai-ohs
They were breaking apart the ground that the Cradle was buried under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
theres the hint of RH's other mode, "blaster mode" and this mode is rumored to have exhausted Nanoha when she last used it. (ambush event 8 years ago)
There is no indication that "Blaster Mode" has anything to do with Nanoha's accident 8 years ago.
You know, it seems odd that Excellion Mode and Buster Mode have switched places to become Exceed Mode and Blaster Mode. Was there a miscommunication between the staffs over which was RH's full drive mode?
Old 2007-08-09, 05:03   Link #255
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
They were breaking apart the ground that the Cradle was buried under.

There is no indication that "Blaster Mode" has anything to do with Nanoha's accident 8 years ago.
You know, it seems odd that Excellion Mode and Buster Mode have switched places to become Exceed Mode and Blaster Mode. Was there a miscommunication between the staffs over which was RH's full drive mode?
Eh? No one said Blaster Mode is Buster Mode, or anything like it. Fact is, they're speaking of Blaster Mode as if we haven't seen it yet, while we've seen Buster Mode on several occasions in the series. As for Exceed Mode... it looks like a more optimised version of Excellion Mode, anyway. Almost like a replacement.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 05:22   Link #256
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Eh? No one said Blaster Mode is Buster Mode, or anything like it.
But in a Japanese mouth, there might not be much difference between the two. Kinda like "Raising Heart" vs "Raging Heart".
Old 2007-08-09, 05:30   Link #257
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
But in a Japanese mouth, there might not be much difference between the two. Kinda like "Raising Heart" vs "Raging Heart".
Not really, Blaster sounds like "Burasutaa", where as Buster sounds like "Basutaa". Those are similar, but not enough to be of any comparison to the whole "Raising Heart/Raging Heart" thing.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 06:03   Link #258
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

seen the episode in RAW form...not bad, except towards the ending part and I must say, the part where the cradle was rising out of the ground and Scaglietti mocking TSAB, RF6 and he did mention "clients", it was pretty epic.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Anyone else thought that this episode really expressed alot of emotion feeling for Scaglietti and even for Nanoha also?
I mean their expressions were out there...especially for Scaglietti...both of them looked like they were having a "Higurashi" moment from the look of their eyes.
Old 2007-08-09, 06:13   Link #259
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
seen the episode in RAW form...not bad, except towards the ending part and I must say, the part where the cradle was rising out of the ground and Scaglietti mocking TSAB, RF6 and he did mention "clients", it was pretty epic.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Anyone else thought that this episode really expressed alot of emotion feeling for Scaglietti and even for Nanoha also?
I mean their expressions were out there...especially for Scaglietti...both of them looked like they were having a "Higurashi" moment from the look of their eyes.
Well, I didn't like the fact that Scaglietti seems to be losing his cool too often Unless it's all an act, but it's quite unlikely.

As for Nanoha she may be getting her final death flags *crosses fingers*
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 06:18   Link #260
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

she sure sounds like she'll do anything to get Vivio back...I guess even if it means falling in battle just to make that little girl safe and sound.

Ginga vs. Subaru should be an interesting battle...either Nanoha and Teana didn't bother to pick up Ginga's Blitz Calibur when they found Subaru back in episode 17 or Scaglietti sure is a genius in making devices and sure enough makes a new one right away.

Still no sign of Due, but there was one Number on Scaglietti's screen that had a white face. Either that was a mask or that was a Number without a face yet.
But Ginga being a Number sure counts as a candidate to be Number 2 (Due) in the Numbers crew.