AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-10, 13:31   Link #361
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think people just expected to much from it really... I found that the season has been going very good <_<
But I'm totally a Nanoha-nerd sooo...
Old 2007-08-10, 14:26   Link #362
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Oh well this series is gonna have a ton of loopholes judging from the newtypes scan.I knew the Triad was still right in the end.
Actually, I did like the first 15 episodes, so even if the rest is not that good, I'll still consider StrikerS as a good series.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 14:32   Link #363
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Actually, I did like the first 15 episodes, so even if the rest is not that good, I'll still consider StrikerS as a good series.
Well, sure, I'd give the first 15 Eps a "good" rank, that is - like 6 out of 10. Though I sincerely hoped for better performance.
Old 2007-08-10, 14:49   Link #364
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Well, sure, I'd give the first 15 Eps a "good" rank, that is - like 6 out of 10.
I'm not sure about an "absolute" note like that, but I'd say those 15 first episodes were globally better than anything else aired in 2007.
Old 2007-08-10, 17:07   Link #365
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I'm not sure about an "absolute" note like that, but I'd say those 15 first episodes were globally better than anything else aired in 2007.
you need to watch more series then...

as much as i love the series strikerS has been pretty poor compared to the first 2 seasons...most of the eps are yawn quality but i have to say that the action scene makes up for everything (its just that we dont get enough of them ) ~ it shows that they can make it amazing if they tried but most of the times we are left with long ass quiet phases and development which could be cut down for the main plot >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 17:32   Link #366
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
O RLY? I'd really love to place StrikerS at least in Top5 of 2007 Season but so far it can only be done with great reserve.
Old 2007-08-10, 18:11   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Your train of thoughts are amusing...

Quote:
How does Project F and the jewel seeds even fit in this mess?

Not to mention what was Enhenjar.I sincerly hope that was only a part of the whole thing.
It should have been clear that they were red herrings from the start. The fact that Jail hasn't been focusing on anything but Relics and Vivio.

Never once did he mentioned the Jewel Seed and in episode 5, he never did say he needed the survivors of Project F. They were just an after thought. A bonus.

When Vivio appeared on his radar, he clearly said that they had found what they were looking for.

But yeah, Enhenjar was a disappointment... Whatever it was.

Quote:
hmm...but in MGLN,they had so much power that they should even short circurt machines

Hmm,but now seems to be too late.That big of a loophole show that maybe a 3rd season was a bad idea from the start.
You do realized that the Jewel seed they found was several hundred times smaller than the ones in season 1?

You're trying too hard sometimes...

Quote:
I MEANT that with so many subplots,i doubt it would end effectiviely.
3 major focus.

Ranked the lowest, Lutecia and Zest.
Ranked the second, Ginga and Subaru.
Ranked the Top, Nanoha and Vivio.

Without a doubt the they WILL settle the top two problems one way or another. And when they do, it doesn't matter whether a not what happens to the Numbers and Jail. Well, in comparison that is.

Zest has a high chance of dying. Lutecia's fate is a wild card.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 20:04   Link #368
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Oh well this series is gonna have a ton of loopholes judging from the newtypes scan.I knew the Triad was still right in the end.
There is always manga and SS to cover em ...that was what they did for the other 2 season.
Quote:
Depend on what series you are following and your preferences..Strikers is just more popular compared to some of the series airing.Doesn't mean it is better ^.^
Old 2007-08-10, 22:09   Link #369
Nemesis

Hmmm after this season i hope there wont be a 4th season.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 23:20   Link #370
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Well, on the other hand they could've learned from their mistakes by now
Old 2007-08-10, 23:26   Link #371
Nemesis

Quote:
Well, on the other hand they could've learned from their mistakes by now
Problem is,this mistake has been made,and now it is too late to correct it to properly restore quality.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:31   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Problem is,this mistake has been made,and now it is too late to correct it to properly restore quality.
He's talking about the next season if any and about learning from the mistakes of this season so that they would do better for any future ones.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:45   Link #373
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah all they could do now is make every episode left super high on action and hope for the best. Lot of false leads for sure, making you think the jewel seeds and Project F would actually be important here.

Yeah hopefully learning from mistakes and doing better in the future would work. Maybe they'd be better sticking to 13 episodes. Do what worked in the first couple seasons.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:52   Link #374
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Yeah hopefully learning from mistakes and doing better in the future would work. Maybe they'd be better sticking to 13 episodes. Do what worked in the first couple seasons.
Personally though, I really don't mind it being 26 episodes.

But what they should have done is not stretch what they usually write for 13 episodes into 26 episodes, but rather compact two 13 episodes story together into one.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:04   Link #375
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally though, I really don't mind it being 26 episodes.

But what they should have done is not stretch what they usually write for 13 episodes into 26 episodes, but rather compact two 13 episodes story together into one.
Yeah, they had enough plot potential for that. I kinda expected them to do something like this, with Lutecia's story explained in the first half (and her probably joining the good guys) and confrontation with the main villain (Scaglietti or his client(s) at that point) in the second. But it appeared different.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:08   Link #376
Nemesis

Quote:
Yeah, they had enough plot potential for that. I kinda expected them to do something like this, with Lutecia's story explained in the first half (and her probably joining the good guys) and confrontation with the main villain (Scaglietti or his client(s) at that point) in the second. But it appeared different.
Well nanoha always had a ability to suprise us,just that this one is in a bad way.

What would the lesson learnt be btw?

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-08-11 at 00:57.
Old 2007-08-11, 05:00   Link #377
Fabien

Quote:
You know, even if there is a fourth season, noone forces you to watch it. You can just ignore it.
Old 2007-08-11, 05:14   Link #378
Fabien

When I wrote "I'd say those 15 first episodes were globally better than anything else aired in 2007", I should have said something like "I liked them better than...". Sorry about that.

And indeed, I re-watched those 15 episodes an insane amount of times, while I watched episodes 16 to 19, and most episodes of other recent series, only once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
as much as i love the series strikerS has been pretty poor compared to the first 2 seasons...most of the eps are yawn quality but i have to say that the action scene makes up for everything
While some action scenes are indeed very good (e.g. the Nanoha vs Fate fight in 1st season's ep 11), I feel that action has never been the main focus of MGLN.
If you want an action-packed anime, MGLN is not a good choice.

(Edit: IMHO Satashi managed to get that same feeling out of MGLN, and to reproduce it in his/her fanfics. Cf http://www.fanfiction.net/u/38119/ and especially "Onyx Days".)
Old 2007-08-11, 06:12   Link #379
Nemesis

Quote:
When I wrote "I'd say those 15 first episodes were globally better than anything else aired in 2007", I should have said something like "I liked them better than...". Sorry about that.

And indeed, I re-watched those 15 episodes an insane amount of times, while I watched episodes 16 to 19, and most episodes of other recent series, only once.

While some action scenes are indeed very good (e.g. the Nanoha vs Fate fight in 1st season's ep 11), I feel that action has never been the main focus of MGLN.
If you want an action-packed anime, MGLN is not a good choice.

(Edit: IMHO Satashi managed to get that same feeling out of MGLN, and to reproduce it in his/her fanfics. Cf http://www.fanfiction.net/u/38119/ and especially "Onyx Days".)
I however watch MGLN since it was about the story,the pace of it.In the first 2 seasons you coudl feel the characters had a desperation and drive to what they do.But this season...........i dont get that feeling.
Old 2007-08-11, 06:49   Link #380
Aaron008R

Not even now in the later episodes?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote