AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-14, 12:10   Link #161
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
@Raven
O_O
Umm, I'm sorry.. My main purpose was to influence people to help stop poverty..
You see, it's what I live for..

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Old 2007-09-14, 12:14   Link #162
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Raven
O_O
Umm, I'm sorry.. My main purpose was to influence people to help stop poverty..
You see, it's what I live for..
Don't worry, I've seen worse. Come to think of it, since I'm taking up Developmental Studies, I think I just got a jolt. Thanks.

Okey for the main meat. Now I'm not a girl, but I think of Sei's past self; an anti-social rebel. I used to be like her, anti-social and a bit of a rebel myself in my day. But just like Sei, I've opened up to many things.

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2007-09-14 at 12:48.
Old 2007-09-14, 13:32   Link #163
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Steph, I just saw the video this morning, and oh boy I wasn't able to think straight for a while. Believe me after that I wanted to destroy something in the computer shop I was in, but I was able to compose myself, heck I had to play my metal music just for a "chaser".
I'm just curious... why such reaction? o.o

Old 2007-09-14, 23:49   Link #164
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid_Thunder_Cloud View Post
I'm just curious... why such reaction? o.o
I was shocked. But thanks for the jolt.

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2007-09-15 at 10:46.
Old 2007-09-16, 00:42   Link #165
soranotsubasa
permanent yuri member

I ended up splitting my post into two...sorry for the inconvenience > <

@To Confessa
i'm not even sure if i'm bi or not haha
Quote:
Anyway, I like some relationships of Marimite as yuri (SeixShimako!!) though I don't think anything R18..Yet I'm perfectly straight. Many people who like Marimite seem to be bi, or guys. >.< So am I out of the ordinary, or are they others that are straight but like yuri?
i think maybe you just like the pure relationships, or the platonic relationships between girls? X)
and don't worry about being "normal or not normal" coz you just have to be yourself!!
Quote:
Maria-sama isnt too big a part of my life right now. I just wanna read the novels..
I want the novels too but don't know where to get them...maybe i can find the chinese ver. haha...but i'm very excited to read them!!

@ AnimeJock
Quote:
Although I loved Sachiko's character (I'm drawn to her type), I think I related the most to Sei. No, I didn't have a girlfriend leave me to be a nun, but I knew what it was like to risk losing everything around me to be with that one person that made me feel complete.---Very long story.

I also identified with Sei because within my group of friends, I feel like I'm the one who's always there. I also meddle so to speak, but it's for the greater cause I tell you. I'm not as independent as Sei but I felt her other qualities I could relate too.
OHHH...another sei lover haha~
let me hug ya XD!!!...as for me....i'm not so sure if it's just i like Sei or i'm like Sei...

yes, i meddle too...and i'm always like being the one that cares almost about eveyone in the group.
btw, i love your icon XD
Mai-HiME is awesome!!....ooh ya and i watched it b/c of these two and other girls--> Natsuki and Shizuru, b/c there's just a bunch of good-looking girls X) can't help myself.

oh yeah~ can we make friends too??XD

@Bonjour
Quote:
"The one's who are good in taking care of other people are the ones who really need someone to take care of them.."
I think i have to agree w/ this one, tho i'm not the one who takes care of others all the time, b/c the people taking care of others might not have time to take care of themselves...just a thought, but i do think they need someone to rely on..

I'm sorry if this post gives you a lot of time to read thru > <
Old 2007-09-16, 01:17   Link #166
soranotsubasa
permanent yuri member

@ Stephanie
Quote:
@Sora
Oh yeah, being "independent" means you don't look for anyone to complete you, it's like you can stand on your own ground.. n_n
(I'm not saying you avoid other people and stuff, I'm saying is no one can complete you but yourself )
oooh i think i get it =)
i'm glad that i finally clear off my confusion about myself after your explanation
hmm i'm straight after all i guess.
..but, in general, doesn't love come from attraction?

so when do you know and how do you tell, when you're in love w/ a particular girl, and you know it's not just attraction?

Quote:
+Added Note:
Just to explain myself, when if ever, I have been struck with love with another girl and I can't stop what I'm feeling, I'll probably be okay with, find a job and live a normal life. I'm not wrong for loving another person, it's how I feel.. However, my rule is no physical anything (except maybe a kiss? I dunno) and that's how it's gonna be until marriage. (marriage only applies to me if it's an opposite sex)
i think i'm this type of person too, and it's just how it is in MariMite..

@LastRaven
glad you got over with
come to think of it...i haven't had this anti-social moment before, not that i remembered of....
tho it's like i can be depressed for a moment but then after a while i'l just be fine lol
Old 2007-09-16, 07:24   Link #167
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soranotsubasa View Post
@LastRaven
glad you got over with
come to think of it...i haven't had this anti-social moment before, not that i remembered of....
tho it's like i can be depressed for a moment but then after a while i'l just be fine lol
People change as time goes by. You go out and discover who you are, the next thing you know, you've changed. I myself has changed a lot; from my outlook in life to my tastes in culture. Though I admit I still have my dark side, I am capable of controlling it.
Old 2007-09-16, 22:57   Link #168
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

I think what people need to realize is that fact that love exists in all forms. growing up there was always one thing that i lived my life by one thing that kept me true. a saying i lived by, a nindo if you will

Love is love, life is life, live and die as you choose.

Dont be afraid to care about or love someone if you really do.

Life is too short to worry about trivial matters, live life to the fullest.

Everyone chooses their own path, whether thats in love, education, career, or whatever, you choose who you become and what you do and no one but you can hold yourself back.

Everyone can shape their own destiny, fate is what you make it.

i hope this helps
Old 2007-09-17, 00:49   Link #169
Stephanie

@Sora
Not all the time..
Love, can never be defined but I'll give it a try:
It is when you feel deep emotions for another person, it's like a part of you is with them, it's when you think about them every minute of your life, and so on..

@Kage_Spyke
Nicely put, the only thing keeping me is my faith in God, not other people, really..

EDIT: @16:07
I started another thread but it got deleted, I kinda find out a bit on why Shoujo Ai's main target is women than men, and why MariMite simply makes us smile.. (I found the answer! ZOMG! XD )

And you guys might be pretty surprised on why some of you women look for other women, I finally saw a psychology of it all.. As it also puts an end to my endless questions.

If you guys want to know, just PM me, I'll explain there instead..
(As to I might get another warning)

EDIT: @20:43
Instead of PMing me, I added it to one of my links below (the third one)
The title is "For Women: Why 'Shoujo Ai' is more regarded than 'Yuri' "
lol, now I have 3 links dedicated to MariMire!
OMG, teh otaku-ness!

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-09-17 at 07:46.
Old 2007-09-17, 13:20   Link #170
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
EDIT: @16:07
I started another thread but it got deleted, I kinda find out a bit on why Shoujo Ai's main target is women than men, and why MariMite simply makes us smile.. (I found the answer! ZOMG! XD )

And you guys might be pretty surprised on why some of you women look for other women, I finally saw a psychology of it all.. As it also puts an end to my endless questions.

If you guys want to know, just PM me, I'll explain there instead..
(As to I might get another warning)

EDIT: @20:43
I was able to read your post in the link you gave me. I can't help but agree on the insights that thread gave me especially about the deep emotional need of women in a relationship as compared to men's.

I'm a male. I'm not saying that men don't have emotional needs... they do... but perhaps not as deep as that of women or that they don't realize it's importance. It may be attributed to anatomy i.e. Hormones, the difference in the male and female brains, or their orientation in society.

I used to think that male homosexuals are the same as female homosexuals... But no... reading the article in the link enlightened me. :P Their degree of difference is quite great.

Males should read it. They should get to understand (to a degree as it is almost hopeless to do so.. LOL) women better. It's something worthy of discussing. It is a pity it got deleted... it would've offered a nice discussion as to why MariMite is Shoujo Ai and why it appeals to its audience compared to other threads that exist but offers little or no discussion at all...

Old 2007-09-18, 09:06   Link #171
Stephanie

Yep, actually I got really frustrated when it got deleted..

Anyway, it would have been a good discussion: (Again here's link: Clicky!)

It pretty much tells why other women, like myself, prefer other women than men. (and no it's not because women are smexxy, lol.. Not at all..) It led me to a better understanding w/in myself, and I'm hoping to other people as well..

I'd like to hear other's inputs to increase my own, so please post what you guys think! n__n

Old 2007-09-18, 09:10   Link #172
Thingle
Banned

Marmite inspired me to make this

And my current sig too

That's how it affected me
Old 2007-09-18, 11:42   Link #173
Yumi-san

I really wanted to cry when I read "UNDERSTANDING THE LESBIAN CLIENT
By Andria L. Sigler-Smalz,". Thank you for sharing a link. It expressed all my hidden think and emotion . I realize that in many special cases, the realtion ship between women and women is stronger than men-women. In many countries, many people say that homosexuality is wrong, abnormal, and they want homosexual to go to see the doctor(). Being homosexual means you accept that you will be treated very badly not for your fault. Man can marry a woman who he love, and their family are happy about it. But when a girl love another girl, she have to accept that in the future her lover wiil marry a man and their future is hopeless. Is it worse than the death?. I love to read shoujo-ai( or yuri). In shoujo-ai world, everything comes easily, and in it, my dream come true, those character in shoujo-ai manga are nice, pretty, great and they are willing to protect their lovers(Shizuru of Mai Hime, Chikane). I feel relaxed, happy, comfortable when I read shoujo-ai manga. I think kisses and hugs(not sex) will make shoujo-ai manga more attractive(hihi anyone want to see a kiss between Yumi and Sachiko?)

thank you for reading my post
Old 2007-09-18, 20:36   Link #174
soranotsubasa
permanent yuri member

@ Stephanie

yes, i think love is reaally hard to define, and i think you defined it well
it's probably like everytime when there's something important and you think of that person continuously, i guess...
can you tell me about your thread that got deleted?
i'm curious haha...and why did it get deleted...

ohhhh and can we make friends too? XD

@ LastRaven
darkside...hmmmm....you seem like some of my friends =D
i'm like dark-> light -> dark....switching everytime when i feel like it...and it's weird, i think, for people to understand haha
yeah we all have a bit dark side, but it's more important that we admit it and be able to control it...i think

@ Mr. Incest

i like your yumi-sachiko pic hehe
it's cute, and i want to see more scenes like these in yuri animes
good work on the pic!!

@ Yumi-san
women might have stronger bonds than a man w/ another woman....
i think b/c women know women well, as men and women are two different groups of people
at least, yuri is more acceptable than yaoi (shounen-ai) in reality....
and women can still keep their bonds tight as being close friends, although it might be as you said, worse than death that they have to be separate.

but i think you're lucky to have a girlfriend .....err coz i'm seeking for one for like...few years, well i'm more like seeking for close friends haha

oooohhh yeah! more hugs and kisses please XD
that's what we call shoujo-ai or yuri~~haha

tho why do yuri characters always look pretty? it's kinda like a myth...
but i admit i LOVE pretty characters

yumi-san, can we make friends too?
Old 2007-09-19, 10:24   Link #175
Stephanie

@Yumi-san
I'm glad you find it helpful, but though I am not wherever place/country you are at, I feel great sadness in the aura of just reading your post.. You seemed so troubled, I dunno if only two reasons are what makes you so lonely..

I believe those two reasons are your loved one and you coming out..
1.) You shouldn't live your life just for your lover.. You should live life for yourself as well..
2.) Close minded people are idiots.. Period!

@Mr. Incest
ZOMG!! Can I make a request?

@Sora
I already posted the links twice.. Here:
http://stephanie027.livejournal.com/1104.html#cutid1
http://community.livejournal.com/tal...ian/38359.html

^--Click the two lines, both are my post..
As for my definition of love, well, that's not really the perfect definition, just description of a person in love..

As for 100% selfless love, it's quite different, yet very pure..

Old 2007-09-19, 11:11   Link #176
Thingle
Banned

@Stephanie
Sure np
Old 2007-09-19, 11:38   Link #177
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

In Greek, five words were used to mean different kinds of love... but in English, those five words only translate to love... >.<
(see wiki: LOVE)
no wonder it gets confusing sometimes...

close minded people... are... yeah... idiots... and let's add pitiful...

Old 2007-09-19, 20:38   Link #178
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soranotsubasa View Post
@ Stephanie

@ LastRaven
darkside...hmmmm....you seem like some of my friends =D
i'm like dark-> light -> dark....switching everytime when i feel like it...and it's weird, i think, for people to understand haha
yeah we all have a bit dark side, but it's more important that we admit it and be able to control it...i think
Yeah. I'm able to control it, so you need not worry. Ya know, we can be friends for sure.
Old 2007-09-20, 04:22   Link #179
Yumi-san

Closed mind people may be not idiots, but they really make a hurt indirectly with their treatment, and nasty words. You can not stop them, can not explain, can not make them understand that you are not bad. It's very happy if you live in the country which have opened-mind people.@Stephaine: hihi, don't worry, I learnt how to face closed mind people(Ignore their criticism), and I will try to be indepedent, thank for your concerns, you are very kind.

@soranotsubasa: Oh, Yes. I'm happy to make friend with you.Seem we have same feeilings. And where are you form?

Finally , please visit :http://www.yuribou.net/blog/?cat=51 to vote for Sachiko and Yumi
Old 2007-09-20, 05:36   Link #180
Fweakin

Alright, so I read the excerpt you posted and this is what I thought.

To me, the article/excerpt gave off a very negative vibe. It felt to me that it wouldn't be out of place in a 1950's gay reformation pamphlet. Just look at the word choice: 'deficit', 'fear', 'anxiety', and quotes such as:

'While lesbian partnerships generally are of longer duration then male relationships, they tend to be fraught with emotional intensity and held together by the "glue" of jealousy, over-possessiveness and various manipulative behaviors."

Even though I'm not gay, I found that particularly pointless. Half of my friends are in heterosexual relationships characterised by "jealousy, over-possessiveness and various manipulative behaviors" so I don't put to much stock in that fact. Plus the article smells suspiciously like Freudian theory, which needs another thread all in itself for me to rant about how much further back he put the fields of psychology/psychiatry. Freud and his penis envy theory ::shakes head::

I guess I find that the reason I enjoy Marimite is because of the connection between the characters. I could care less about what gender the characters are. If the story shows enough emotion I can get sucked in. Be it a straight romance/yuri/yaoi, I don't care as long as it feels real and there is chemistry.
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Closed Thread