AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-19, 12:51   Link #1
Drake007

Very Blocky

The new episode of Full Metal Alchemist (also Peace Maker Kurogane) are very blocky for ex. in the Opening (very heavy). What could this be?

I did everything what was standing in the instructions on this site.
Old 2004-01-19, 13:05   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Uninstall all your current codecs (DivX, ffdshow etc.) or codec packs and follow level 1 of the Media Configuration Guide.
Old 2004-01-19, 13:43   Link #3
Drake007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway
Uninstall all your current codecs (DivX, ffdshow etc.) or codec packs and follow level 1 of the Media Configuration Guide.
I Did and nothing helped ... as I descriped it in my first post.

I got a very smearing (like a sponge is whiping the screen) look in the series. In Kurogane you can see it very clear in the Titlesequence. All other episodes before are OK! Full MEtal Alchemist got the same all older episodes than 14 are good. The 14 got this ?smear? in the Opening very often.
Old 2004-01-19, 14:50   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Which media player are you using?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-19, 17:13   Link #5
Drake007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Which media player are you using?

Now after I made exactly everything in the Media Setup FAQ here. Some other files are beginning to smear, too and these weren`t so before!

What is this for a .... !!
Old 2004-01-21, 01:07   Link #6
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

un-install all, ALL, ALL of your codecs, filters and pack [EVERYTHING dammit all!] and install MATROSKA PACK
one of the only good packs out there!

http://matroska.free.fr/packs/Matros...ull_v1.0.1.exe

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
Old 2004-01-21, 01:21   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I know the pack that Chibi is referring to. For once I am not going to argue that it is a bad thing. Just make sure that you uninstall everything. It includes audio codecs as well as video. It has everything that is needed to play an AVI or MKV. During installation you can choose not to install any of the components so look over the list and make sure that you are not installing anything that is already on your system.

The only real downside to this pack is that it makes it tricky to update only a single codec if you need a new version of it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-21, 01:24   Link #8
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Hm, yes, but this pack is updated frequently enough.
It seems to be to me anyways. The version was just recently update to 1.1

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
Old 2004-01-22, 12:36   Link #9
Drake007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Hm, yes, but this pack is updated frequently enough.
It seems to be to me anyways. The version was just recently update to 1.1

Well that didn`t work either.

I have found an old episode of Rahxephon which was in OGM and here is this blur or block, too.

And i made a screen-capture from FMA Ep 14 with this problem

Picture (Thanks to my pal)

Well in the lower half of the picture you see the blocks or smears (or whatever it`s called).

And THIS is in the new Kurogane episode again. It makes no sense to me how this comes.
Old 2004-01-22, 13:56   Link #10
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Try playing your videos through VLC ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc ).
Old 2004-01-22, 14:49   Link #11
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007
Well that didn`t work either.

I have found an old episode of Rahxephon which was in OGM and here is this blur or block, too.

And i made a screen-capture from FMA Ep 14 with this problem

Picture (Thanks to my pal)

Well in the lower half of the picture you see the blocks or smears (or whatever it`s called).

And THIS is in the new Kurogane episode again. It makes no sense to me how this comes.
I've seen that kind of blockyness a long time ago using ffdshow. I remember it disappeared by using divx4.12 to decode that file. I didn't experiment anymore afterwords, but you could also try changing the idct routine in ffdshow.
Old 2004-01-23, 05:31   Link #12
Xan
the Figure

1st post
-----------------------------
believe it's a matter of xvid codec... fyi, xvid alpha will play in xvid beta most of the time (Cosprayers from Triad is an exception as far as i know), xvid beta will not play in alpha... playing beta in alpha will cause WMP (if that's what u're using) to crash.

believe wat u have is a xvid alpha avi, and xvid beta codec. it's abt the same as what i get when i play xvid cosprayers...

2 solutions.

1st sol: uninstall xvid beta and install xvid alpha. should work and what i would have done.

2nd sol: uninstall ALL codecs and install directshow codecs (e.g. ffdshow) works as well.

recommend 1st sol myself as i use virtualdud to do some editing and without xvid codecs, i can't.

what we can do now is wait for a release that will fix the compatibility issues with xvid... keeping fingers crossed.
----------------------------------------
1st edit

just tried it for a lark... it works surprisingly!!! i installed xvid beta3... as i said, cosprayers from triad's using xvid alpha. i was fooling ard with the four cc changer (i.e. the avic stub that comes with xvid) and decided to open cosprayers. long story short, change the 4cc used codec to divx and apply and viola! no more blockiness!!!

tho this is not such a great fix at the moment, but it fixes all the codec issues i have. and i don't have to install ffdshow!!! :fingers:

Last edited by Xan; 2004-01-23 at 05:51.
Old 2004-01-25, 23:20   Link #13
Kamui-
F4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007
The new episode of Full Metal Alchemist (also Peace Maker Kurogane) are very blocky for ex. in the Opening (very heavy). What could this be?

I did everything what was standing in the instructions on this site.
Were these AF-F releases?
Closed Thread