AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 15:14   Link #21
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

It depends on your sense of humour but if its pretty out there, try Bobobo and Excel Saga. Be warned though you need to have a warped sense of humour, perhaps with your age they will be more fitting because I seemed to enjoy Excel Saga when I was young but despise it now. Warning, the last couple of episodes contain nudity and sexual references though and I'm not sure on what you'll feel about it or if your parents will mind with your age.

I agree with other peeps above, Full Metal Panic is awesome and is slightly funny but lacks any wit and deep humour, just more stupid humour but enjoyable for anyone. The other genres it has in it are more powerful though such as the drama, mecha and romance.

For humour though, I doubt you'll see an anime as purely funny as Great Teacher Onizuka but thts just my opinion.
Old 2007-08-12, 20:00   Link #22
Teletha

Funniest anime without mentioning Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu? Though it's licensed of course. It's more wacky humor, but it's not as hard to watch as something like Excel Saga.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is another one you might try... it's new. It's dark humor. Gintama is hilarious and a lot of people haven't given it a chance. If you like any shounen anime you'll like Gintama. But it's 100x better..... Iit's more clever and actually does have some nice drama and character development when it wants to.
Old 2007-08-13, 00:10   Link #23
shimboismyhusband
Otaku in training.

Send a message via AIM to shimboismyhusband Send a message via MSN to shimboismyhusband
Quote:
For humour though, I doubt you'll see an anime as purely funny as Great Teacher Onizuka but thts just my opinion.
yes, i agree with you there.
i laugh every episode.
Old 2007-08-13, 00:42   Link #24
schiffer
Born Insain
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to schiffer
NHK - awsome! awsome!
Lovely Complex - its more love then humor, but you will laugh
Overdrive - the humor is strange becouse the mainperson is just soo stupid. but its more about bikes then humor.
Zero no Tsukaima - I promes you will laugh.
Ouran Koukou Host Club - allsoo a good serie.
Negima - impressive good, I think season one is better then the remake.

Its humor in every anime. Hard to tell
Old 2007-08-13, 03:17   Link #25
Humgachan

Hmm, something with great humor.......Heroic Age! In all seriousness, the method used to avoid Age from being ganked inscribe by the author cracks me up and Deianeira emotions are just splendid.

Back on tack.......
Lucky Star - Comedy/Parody -[I feel bad for those that had to rely on sub for this one (including myself) I always end up like this after each episode.
Amaenaideyo & Amaenaideyo Katsu - Comedy/Ecchi -[It's enjoyable humor if you don't mind the ecchi.
Fushigi Yuugi - Action/Historical/Romance/Drama -[The series focus mainly on Romance/Action but the comedy is present.
Old 2007-08-13, 09:11   Link #26
shimboismyhusband
Otaku in training.

Send a message via AIM to shimboismyhusband Send a message via MSN to shimboismyhusband
Well, thanks guys, for all your suggestions =]
Old 2007-08-13, 10:18   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I couldn't believe it took over 20 postings for someone to mention Jungle no Itsumo Hale noche Guu. After School Rumble, it's the second funniest show I've ever watched, with perhaps the single funniest character in all of anime. Risaa made a terrific set of Guu avatars which show her rather different personalities.
Old 2007-08-13, 12:37   Link #28
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I'm watching episode 1 of Yakitate Japan, and i must say it's one of the funniest animes i've ever watched!
Old 2007-08-13, 21:10   Link #29
Frans

Try Muteki Kanban Musume, Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai, Sensei no Ojikan (Doki Doki School Hours), Puni Puni Poemi
Old 2007-08-13, 22:53   Link #30
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I second/third/fourth whatever were at for these series

Sayonara Zetsubou sensei- Dark humour, but I guarantee you, you'll be laughing during each episode
Lucky Star
Hayate no Gotoku- Show with a bunch of parodies
Gintama
Seto no Hanayome
Old 2007-08-14, 12:02   Link #31
Mystearika

i second genshiken

nhk (one of my favorites)

yakitate (XD)

and ouran
Old 2007-08-14, 21:22   Link #32
MagicMango

I feel obliged to second Ouran, SHnY, Hayate no Gotoku, Lucky Star, and Zero no Tsukaima.

As for Yakitate! Japan!!, I honestly don't understand what you see in that thing.
Old 2007-08-15, 04:00   Link #33
shimboismyhusband
Otaku in training.

Update**
Thank you, all for some of your suggestions, I wrote them all down, and will be taking them to heart =].
I have On Demand, and I was lurking around the new anime.
To my surprise,
there was a couple there!
School Rumble- watched the first episode. Looking forward to the second, thank you!
Air TV- Watched two episodes, its only downfall is neither me, nor my brother like the voice acting, I however, can ignore that and focus on the plot. I like it also!
Excel Saga- Saw the first episode. Confused, yet amusing =] My brother owns it, so I must be nice o.O

Anyways, thanks again, for all your suggestions, I will soon be watching them! Feel free to add more, I'm never too busy =]
Closed Thread