AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 27 32.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-13, 16:04   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hm. Not sure why, but I didn't really like this episode. Maybe the word plays at the beginning kept me from getting into it?

Also, what happened to Patty Martin? She should at least have been there even if she didn't have any line. Poor girl's getting even more ignored than Miyuki was.

Spoiler for ED gag:
Old 2007-08-13, 16:44   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Well, mark me down as loving every second of this episode. One moment I particularly liked was at the beginning, when Konata was talking about how her dog in the game was so cute she couldn't help talking to it, and her three friends went "aaah" in unison. The sound and the way they all moved together was great.

But I too want to see more Patty -- or at least hear more of her VA, Sasaki Nozomi.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2007-08-13, 16:52   Link #43
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Hrmm… just thinking. Despite what I've heard earlier from others, it seems that Konata didn't specify her dog being in a net-game.

So, I guess the possibility of the game Konata is talking about being Nintendogs isn't too bad.
Old 2007-08-13, 17:11   Link #44
L33tmaster

Chin chin means kiss in Chinese.
Old 2007-08-13, 18:37   Link #45
Calawain
Gaijin

Not as great as last week, but a solid 9 for me here.

Best part by far was the last line, "What's yaoi?" She looks so innocent like that and Hiyori just doesn't know what to say.

Other highlights include waitress Kagami (I'll disagree with Kona-chan there, she was so moe to me <3), and the difference between a reliable senpai and a non-reliable senpai. Asking Kona-chan for help with your homework and comparing that to asking Yuki-chan was pretty comedic.

I had to read the chin-chin joke here on the forums, I had no idea what that was. I also didn't get the whole Gundam conversation, I haven't watched much Gundam. I did find the FMA cosplayers to be pretty funny however.
Old 2007-08-13, 19:50   Link #46
krln99

Hiyorin owns the episode in the 2nd half. She's obviously as much an otaku or even moreso than Kona, but she clearly has an image she wants to keep up and is not as open or shameless in revelaing her interests.
Old 2007-08-13, 21:01   Link #47
thelok

I know what chin chin means now... but what about yaoi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelok View Post
I know what chin chin means now... but what about yaoi?
Male/Male relationships, often graphic.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-08-14 at 01:22. Reason: glad that you learned something new, but next time please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2007-08-13, 22:33   Link #48
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Hiyori fest Hiyori fest Hiyori fest! WOO!

I can't believe that the second half of the episode was entirely devoted to Hiyori. I loved every moment of it, both because I for some reason really love the character as well as the fact that I could completely relate to every joke (I knew that she was drawing as soon as I saw her making faces!). The whole experience, though, was marred by the worry that they'll ignore her for a few episodes after exhausting her spotlight moments. I can only hope that's not the case.

If only she could drop the perverse comics, she'd rise from Backup Number Two and be a rival for the position currently held by Backup Number One. Primary is, of course, Miyuki. DON'T CRITICIZE MY DREAMS.

The rest of the episode continued the recent trend of being even more heart-warmingly wonderful than the series started. Even if it's hopping around like a hamster on a caffeine rush, I can't take the smile off my face as I watch. This is good stuff.

Also: Kudos to the series for being willing to poke fun at its own habits in the Gundam conversation.
Old 2007-08-13, 22:54   Link #49
krln99

I'm almost 100% sure they're talking about Nintendogs. Of course they didn't mention it by name for copyright reasons, but seriously, what other game do you "talk" to the dog?
Old 2007-08-13, 23:26   Link #50
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
I'm almost 100% sure they're talking about Nintendogs. Of course they didn't mention it by name for copyright reasons, but seriously, what other game do you "talk" to the dog?
I've never played it, but…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogz#Dogz_and_Catz_DS
maybe?

The thing is, Episode 19 is almost present time and Nintendogs is actually kinda old now… It's kinda wierd for Konata to be still playing it.

Edit: What the heck is "almost 100%"?
Old 2007-08-13, 23:59   Link #51
Luminisk

The Gundam scene was just over the top on censoring, bluring the characters and bleeping out the names weren't enough, no lets black out their eyes also, lol.

Poor Sōjirō and Kuroi Sensei, it is a bit disappointing being a parent or a teacher but not having someone depend on you when they help.

Hiyori took up 2/5 of the episode, darn you Lucky Channel invading my LS time yet again.

Personally, I would've considered more amusing if Yu-chan asks what yuri is.

Art quality is a bit different.
While some scenes were in higher quality, certain details were consistently lower *cough* hands.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2007-08-14 at 00:52. Reason: It's just me.
Old 2007-08-14, 06:08   Link #52
SSkyy
Readily Apparant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Art quality is a bit different.
While some scenes were in higher quality, certain details were consistently lower *cough* hands.
Yeah, I've noticed that too, in a Kagami scene if my memory didn't fail me.
Old 2007-08-14, 06:15   Link #53
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

This episode was missing something, it was enjoyable but not as much as previous episodes.

I like how they started referencing other animes than Haruhi Suzumiya. Who else noticed the Kiddy Grade poster?
Old 2007-08-14, 07:34   Link #54
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post

I like how they started referencing other animes than Haruhi Suzumiya.
But they did that for a while, like the Yugioh parody in a previous episode.
I am starting to feel like Skane when he ranted about how some of the naysayers (I am not including you in this bunch) are conveniently oblivious of every other references that are not SuzuHaru to add more weight to their criticisms.

But yeah, on a side note, I too want to see more of Yutaka, Minami, Hiyori and Patty.
Old 2007-08-14, 07:51   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I guess I'm of the camp that didn't find this episode as good as the previous ones. I can't quite put my finger on it, though...

And no, it's not the lack of Haruhi references. Even I enjoyed the previous episode very much despite having none... >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-08-14, 08:23   Link #56
Dop
We can't stop here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
So like remember back when I said that Yutaka was going to be a 50 foot tall loli rampaging across the scene:

Spoiler:

That's 6 for 6 or something along those lines. Somehow I have been writing jokes for this series since around episode 5.
You've got to love that scene, not so much a reference as a direct copy, er, I mean a homage. yes, that's it, a homage.
Spoiler for 50 foot reference:
Old 2007-08-14, 08:23   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Rewatched some of it, and yep, it was the word play and the part where they censored every other word that kept me from getting into it. The rest was almost as funny as usual.
Old 2007-08-14, 10:02   Link #58
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Yay for Hiyori, shes just awesome she now tops my fav list with Tsukasa and Misao
and poor Yu-chan, shes so innocent to think she has senpai's to rely on

Now is it me or was that LC like really long?
Old 2007-08-14, 12:33   Link #59
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Add me to the list of people that didn't find this episode to be as good as previous ones.

I think my reason for it has to do with the fear that I had when it came to watching episode 18: even with Yutaka's cuteness, the second half of the episode would be weak if it lacks the greatness that is Konata (similar to how I felt episodes 3 and 11 of Azumanga Daioh were clunkers due to the lack of Chiyo-chan and, to a lesser extent, Osaka).
Old 2007-08-14, 14:00   Link #60
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Maybe it's just me, but the scenes in this episode felt really disconnected. They used to at least run a common theme in them for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Don't get me wrong: the gags were funny.
Closed Thread