AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 09:42   Link #1
Mouse_j

Who is the most EVIL character in anime?

I haven't seen a similar post on this forum, so if I have been mistake, please let me know

That being said, this is tricky question for me. I am one of those who believe, that the truely evil, will never admit they are evil. They will never call themselves evil, or associate what they are doing with being evil.

Spoiler for My Choice:

I will of coarse review the vast amount of titles I have seen, and add to this if I can, but this example of 'my' views will be a good start.
Mouse_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 10:24   Link #2
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Evil and good, as someone once said, are just words. What one may consider evil another may consider wrong, unjustifiable, but not evil. Mindframe of the indivual takes into account too. If he believes he is in the right, despite questionable methods, he will never consider his/her actions evil, thereby they will never consider themselves, an evil person.

And what if the character repents? Does that lessen their personalities or are they still considered 'evil'? As much as I hate to use this character as an example, Vegetta from DBZ is an excellent example of that. We are led to believe he is one nasty mo'fo for several series, and then he suddenly changes his ways.

I'm not arguing your motives, nor do I think this isn't a good topic of conversation. But the moral question of "good and evil" are tough ones.

For me, there is one person at the moment who stands out as "evil", and that is Chief Kakuzawa from Elfen Lied. A self-rightous, megalomaniac with a God-complex, he tortures and abuses girls no older than 10 with the desire to wipe out non-Dicloni in one fell swoop. The scientists under him may actually perform the horrible experiments, but they do it in hope of finding a cure for the disease, not for the purpose of creating a pandemic. Kakuzawa joyfully watches as girls or many young ages are subjugated for horrible experiments, all to fulfill his twisted desire that holds no real merit, as it is shown countless times over in the show that Dicloni and humans can live in piece.

I can't really call him 'evil' because him and many under him consider his actions justifiable and right. However, if ever there was a person I hated MOST, not because of ignorance or obliviousness or has one massive flaw in his character design, it is this man. Lucy is portrayed, even though she is the main character, as a borderline "evil" character for her sadistic quest to kill all humans, but she is never really "evil". Kakuzawa doesn't consider himself evil, although I'm sure he'd have no problem saying if killing humans is evil then yes i am.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 10:28   Link #3
shiro83

For me, it will be the twisted Dr. Muraki from Yami no Matsuei.

Spoiler for Story Details:

FYI, there is already a similar thread here.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 10:51   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
when i was a kid i always thought Yami Bakura was like the most awsome evil dude there was..
mostly due his evil smile and laugh, his will to torment others to get what he wants.. not even bothering to act gentile, ripping out eyes.. tomb robbing and sending people to the shadow realm because they annoyed him, ive never been into the real.. omg lets burn the world and rebuild it kind of villains.. im more of a psychopath lover, someon that just does as he pleases to get what eh wants and not carring about others at all

other than that.. hmm id have to think about it...
right now i dont really have a favorite most evil villain.. most villains now a days act like puppet masters and let henchmen do their work for them...
Creed from Black Cat maybe.. i dont really know... i miss good villain series..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 14:41   Link #5
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Shinji from Fate Stay/Night is one of them I think

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-30, 15:13   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Dang you guys suck...So much evil in anime...You guys debate and reform while I run for my damn life^^...Any hardcore should be able to come up with 5 evil-guys on command...

Buppa (Tokyo Tribe 2--Cutting peoples limbs off and keeping the midsection in an aquarium is evil)
Knives (Trigun-He's truley evil because his moral compass was psycologically destroyed as a child)
Brolly (DBZ OVA's)
Kid Buu (DBZ)
Orochimaru (Naruto--That dude is just evil and bares the resemblence of the most evil animal inexistence)
Sasori (Naruto)
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
Dark Marik (Yugioh)
Arlong (One Piece)
Bison (SFVII)

SO many more it's not funny, but the most evil character in all of anime is:

Shinobu Sensui (YYH - The purest form of evil of any character in all of shonen anime, not to mention one of my all-time favs...His transition from Good to Evil is by far the most pure and revolutionary change in a character I've ever seen...He was so fundamentally good that when he changes to evil the purity of that change is evident making him as evil as he was good...The mechanism that shattered his mind is the biggest evil of all)
Old 2007-07-30, 15:16   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Evil and good, as someone once said, are just words. What one may consider evil another may consider wrong, unjustifiable, but not evil. Mindframe of the indivual takes into account too. If he believes he is in the right, despite questionable methods, he will never consider his/her actions evil, thereby they will never consider themselves, an evil person.
*snipped*
blah blah... words, lots of words.

Like you said, evil and good are just perceptions.
So why don't we just answer who's the most evil character by our perception, instead of trying to define "good and evil"?
It's absolutely pointless to argue the definitive definition of evil, and I'm sure that was your point.

Anyways, I vote for Hamdo from Now and then, here and there.
It's not what he does, it's how his insanity is portrayed. Storytelling affects one's impression quite a bit.
Old 2007-07-30, 17:27   Link #8
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

Tetsuo from Akira is on the top of my list.

pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:13   Link #9
DarkTwilight
~~Dont hassle the Hoff~~

Send a message via MSN to DarkTwilight Send a message via Yahoo to DarkTwilight
mayuri from bleach is EVIL his daughter grabbed someone he was fighting to hold him still so he could attack and he sliced straight through here to get him and she fell over he kicked her and said i told you stay out of my way then she struggles up can i have some of the medicine i think the blade penetrated my lungs and im not sure i can maintain my life force and he stomped on her and said you dare insult me? but somehow she doesnt die
DarkTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:04   Link #10
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I find it interesting how pretty much everyone is nominating male characters. Are there no really evil female characters? Does being female automatically mitigate some of that evil or something?

Anyway, I'd probably nominate Maestro Delphine from Last Exile. I honestly can't find a single redeeming quality in her. She embodies the decadent aristocracy that thrives off of the suffering of the lower class. She's manipulative, sadistic, shameless, and heartless to the very end.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:26   Link #11
geki~
noLife
*Artist

I agree with Hamdo being evil and I'd also like to add Nova from Magic Knight Rayearth. She was, after all, the shadow of Hikaru's heart, with that carrying no positive emotions whatsoever. (You just have to hear her psycho laugh to get the point:P)~
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:32   Link #12
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Tetsuo - Akira
Knives - Trigun
Vicious - Cowboy Bebop

Now FEMALES? mmmmm Sailor Moon's Galaxia and Neherenia, Fushigi Yuugi's Yui, Utena's Juri, Shiori, and Anthy, etc. perhaps?

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 01:22   Link #13
ARyudo

shin! from gundam ('cuz I really hate him)
Old 2007-07-31, 07:51   Link #14
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
blah blah... words, lots of words.

Like you said, evil and good are just perceptions.
So why don't we just answer who's the most evil character by our perception, instead of trying to define "good and evil"?
It's absolutely pointless to argue the definitive definition of evil, and I'm sure that was your point.

Anyways, I vote for Hamdo from Now and then, here and there.
It's not what he does, it's how his insanity is portrayed. Storytelling affects one's impression quite a bit.
I've been snipped!

*falls into depression*

Hehe, I did overdo it.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 07:59   Link #15
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
Shinji from Fate Stay/Night is one of them I think

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

evil character hmmm......i dont really know... every boy/man who rape someone in hentai..
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:04   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Perhaps no one in this thread has watched Monster? Johann is the most intrinsically evil character I've seen because he's not a caricature. He's just highly intelligent, amoral, and delights in chaos and the manipulation of others.
Old 2007-07-31, 09:08   Link #17
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
Spoiler:

evil character hmmm......i dont really know... every boy/man who rape someone in hentai..
If you just watched the anime, you haven't missed anything. Almost all of this is only revealed from other sources, I was quite shocked when I found out.
Spoiler for FSN (not revealed in the anime):
The anime left out a lot, so I'm really hoping there'll be a second season or something. I second the choice of Shinji, definitely, monster is a too kind word to describe him, since he's a coward as well.

SeijiSensei is correct in assuming that (at least I) have not watched Monster, but it's definitely on my to-do list, sounds like a very interesting watch, and something that'd be right up my alley.
Old 2007-07-31, 09:28   Link #18
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Echoes -
Spoiler for F/SN spoiler:

and i somehow liked shinji.... i know he's kinda coward... but i like evil characters so maybe thats why...
Spoiler:

but if it as you say then yes..Shinji is really evil character
Old 2007-07-31, 10:18   Link #19
Echoes

I think it's from the visual novel Fate/zero, but some of it might also be from the games, as I haven't played them, but read a synopsis.

Spoiler for FSN beyond anime spoilers:

I apologize for the off-topic discussion, please accept my tidings to make up for it, behold, another evil character:

Kyosuke Higuchi, from Death Note. He'd pretty much kill anyone whose death would benefit him financially, and he did it without even the slightest hint of remorse. He craved societal status and wealth above everything else, and was truly a degenerate lowlife.
Old 2007-07-31, 11:12   Link #20
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

ok so my last offtopic too

Spoiler for F/SN:

ok that was last OT .. i apologize...
well next evil character...
Bando from Elfen Lied