AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 11:40   Link #481
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's a sub out now for episode 12 White Manju Bun --- get watching!
Are you serious i have been waiting in agony its been killing me. MUST FINE NOW
Old 2008-07-15, 11:43   Link #482
Ashlotte
Clockwork

*cries tears of joy*

I usually never moan about lack of subs, but they stopped at such a horribly cruel place it was killing me...

Ah anyway lovely episode...Been abit since we got to see yuuko's caring side which was wonderful. It feels kinda odd though now that the wall has been broken between watanuki and himawari yet she seemed to go right back to her distant personality at the end of the episode...Meh I guess theres never gonna be any development for those two.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:13   Link #483
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

xxxHolic

Such a brilliant series.

There's only a few central characters, but the chemistry between them is priceless. I've been waiting since we met Himawari-chan for some background on her character and this season only compounded that curiosity with brief glimpses of an enigmatic personality. I can say with confidence, episode twelve delivered with some much needed clarification.

While I'm sad the animated series is over for now, there's hope we'll see more xxxHolic in the future as the manga is still a work in progress. The best is yet to come!

I'll have to come back and finish off the Ambiguous Fashion Rating at some point!
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 00:29   Link #484
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

isnt this already licsenced???? cuz i cant watch it on Crunchyroll saying it is already liscenced

still viewable on veoh heheh though i can say whats up with h that index finger??? is it cursed already??
Old 2008-07-16, 17:23   Link #485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
isnt this already licsenced???? cuz i cant watch it on Crunchyroll saying it is already liscenced
The first series is licensed, not Kei.
Old 2008-07-16, 17:51   Link #486
FuzzyWuzzy

I saw 12 yesterday..... ooooh that was so good. I loved it.
Old 2008-07-16, 22:05   Link #487
Godly_senselessness

Such a beautiful episode,holic is truly unique and artistic in a way only it can be.The relationship between Himawari and Watanuki is well depicted in this ep.I'll be really sad to see this series end.
Godly_senselessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 07:23   Link #488
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watching episode 12 made me remember why i love HOLIC so much. This was a beautiful episode and it was beautifully done. I actually teared up a little bit its been a while since iv been that emotional over an episode. Himawari just has plan bad luck for others around her. Its terrible i dont know how anyone could have a happy life when they bring misfortune to others. But good old Watanuki even with all his injuries and losing the use of the pinkey to go along with losing his eye found a way. Doumeki is immune so its ok for him. What i found incredibly beautiful was Watanuki's words of comfort to Himawari hell its was just short of a confession but in the end I think she knows what he was trying to say and im sure she has known his true feelings all along.

You know who your real friends are in a pinch and Doumeki and Himawari should how much they care for Watanuki. The price they both paid was high but Himawari paid the highest price carrying all his scars on her body which is what prompted the hair change. Doumeki had to provide the blood Watanuki lost but of course your body can make more blood.

I was a little sad to hear that Himawari misfortune is so bad that the price to remove it would be to give up her happiness for all time. I think this part of her is what makes her a unique character but i am sure (if its never touched on again) that Watanuki will continue to find a way to remove it but what would he be willing to give up in order to do so?

Great episode i could not find all the words to express how much liked it. Once again Yuko proves shes is the best dressed female character in anime.
Old 2008-07-17, 07:49   Link #489
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
What i found incredibly beautiful was Watanuki's words of comfort to Himawari hell its was just short of a confession but in the end I think she knows what he was trying to say and im sure she has known his true feelings all along.
What i love so much about xxxholic, even makes me tear up just thinking about it, is how much of a good person Watanuki is. It was shown so damn well in the woman in the park arc, and yet again here with his words to Himawari. I knew it was coming from the manga, and i've seen episode 12 so many times now, though each time i can't stop the tears --- it's a beautiful scene.
Old 2008-07-17, 10:18   Link #490
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Considering that ep 12 would have been a perfect ending episode I wonder what's up with the 13th episode which sounds as if one could have put it anywhere (But I haven't watched it yet, still waiting for the sub). It's not the first time that I see such an ending after the ending in an anime and I wonder if there's a reason for doing this. Is it an early produced episode to be aired in case of an emergency, i.e. when the studio screws up and misses the schedule? Or something they would have skipped if one of the 13 timeslots had been blocked for whatever reasons? Maybe it's just that my ideas of how to end an anime properly are completely warped.

In any case. xxxHolic is a beautiful series and definitely DVD-worthy. I didn't watch the first season even though I had downloaded it because I was busy in 2006. When Kei started is decided to watch 2 episodes per week to catch up at the end (back then the rumor still said Kei would have 26ish episodes). But suddenly I found myself having watched it all within 2 weeks or so and the movie and read the manga. So you can consider me a fanboi. The second but last episode was the culmination of the manga and deeply touching without being cheesy.
Old 2008-07-17, 13:30   Link #491
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Considering that ep 12 would have been a perfect ending episode I wonder what's up with the 13th episode which sounds as if one could have put it anywhere (But I haven't watched it yet, still waiting for the sub). It's not the first time that I see such an ending after the ending in an anime and I wonder if there's a reason for doing this. Is it an early produced episode to be aired in case of an emergency, i.e. when the studio screws up and misses the schedule? Or something they would have skipped if one of the 13 timeslots had been blocked for whatever reasons? Maybe it's just that my ideas of how to end an anime properly are completely warped.
It's a one of story from the manga. I also find it a little bit strange that they have this as the last episode, instead of before the Himawari final arc, but that's just how things go.
Old 2008-07-17, 13:51   Link #492
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

man, haven't watched this series for more than a year! where can i get my xxxholic fix? is it on youtube? thanks!
Old 2008-07-18, 01:28   Link #493
ragnesis

Just saw 12. Gotta say, it's darn depressing learning of Himawari's misfortune and the price she paid for Watanuki's recovery. Great episode, but dammit.. it was pretty sad.
ragnesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 03:19   Link #494
Eric10301

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine View Post
man, haven't watched this series for more than a year! where can i get my xxxholic fix? is it on youtube? thanks!
Makes me sad to think people are watching anime on youtube.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 07:01   Link #495
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
All I can say is, this series has made me want to kill the guy who invented the mokuna character even more.

Let's just say the Mahjong episode was a royal pain in the ass and made me hate mokuna more and more.

Currently Involved in: Various Projects with Shinsen-Subs (AFX)
http://www.reanmachine.com/ - My own little world of nonsense
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 09:42   Link #496
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Makes me sad to think people are watching anime on youtube.
Maybe you don't know but youtube has a button that says "watch in high quality" which makes you watch the selected anime in a higher quality format. It's not available to all anime that is upload though. There are many cases where there's really not much of a difference.

I prefer to download my anime also especially anime that's currently airing but it's much better to watch 80 episode animes that have aired before in youtube.

Maybe episode 13 is a cliff hanger so they chose to end it like that. Probably not though.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2008-07-18 at 10:49.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 11:43   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Maybe episode 13 is a cliff hanger
No it's not. It's a one episode story, from the manga.
Old 2008-07-18, 14:16   Link #498
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No it's not. It's a one episode story, from the manga.
TY for spoiling it for me and other people who haven't watched it.
Old 2008-07-18, 14:17   Link #499
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
But... it's in the preview
Old 2008-07-18, 14:17   Link #500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's not a spoiler when it's already been mentioned that Kei is the last season, and that there's not really any manga material left for the story to continue. Heck you can tell it won't be a cliffhanger from the preview at the end of episode 12.

It's not a spoiler at all.

Edit: Thanks for also mentioning it, Sterling01.

Tags
seinen, supernatural