AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-18, 14:21   Link #501
FuzzyWuzzy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
The version that I watched do not have previews.
__________________
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:23   Link #502
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The version that I watched do not have previews.
& that's out fault? You should have mentioned this before you start voicing your opinion on what could happen in episode 13.

All versions should have a preview at the end of ED, i'm sure.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:24   Link #503
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
ok soo this is the last 2 ep ep 12 and 13 soo we really are gonna miss tthis hehehe
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 06:37   Link #504
darkwave
Manual Mode
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004


Ep 13 Easter egg! Sumomo! :3
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 10:05   Link #505
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwave View Post


Ep 13 Easter egg! Sumomo! :3
Yea I also saw one of the TVs playing Ookiku Furikabutte...Guess since they have the same director he wanted to sneak his own little bit in their....

Nice final episode though with the whole gang hanging out. Hopefully once the manga has more material will get a S3.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:07   Link #506
Slice of Life
eyewitness
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Considering that ep 12 would have been a perfect ending episode I wonder what's up with the 13th episode which sounds as if one could have put it anywhere (But I haven't watched it yet, still waiting for the sub). It's not the first time that I see such an ending after the ending in an anime and I wonder if there's a reason for doing this. Is it an early produced episode to be aired in case of an emergency, i.e. when the studio screws up and misses the schedule? Or something they would have skipped if one of the 13 timeslots had been blocked for whatever reasons? Maybe it's just that my ideas of how to end an anime properly are completely warped.
The final episode disproves the first theory, obviously. Tanpopo made an appearance so this episode wouldn't fit anywhere else in the timeline, emergency or not. Still, it felt very much like a DVD special to me, a nice WAFFy epilogue that could have been taken out without hurting the story. So maybe the second idea isn't totally wrong.
__________________
- Any ideas how to fill this space?
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 12:45   Link #507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I have to wonder. Himawari knew she brought misfortune. So why did she still casually touch people?

Also, I regret the difference with the manga in the price paid for Watanuki.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 13:56   Link #508
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So why did she still casually touch people?
That's something i've been asking myself ever since i first seen the pinky promise in the manga, i just don't understand. There's plenty of theories that come to mind, though there's no solid take that they're real.

I was hoping the anime team would do something about it, though then again i'm glad they didn't.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 16:25   Link #509
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Because she still craves human interactions. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean that you can turn yourself off and become a hermit or robot. Maybe some people other than her parents escaped tragic consequences so that she could get away with it. It's that Watanuki wasn't as lucky in that aspect. Watanuki also accepts everyone and her being around him was prob for the best as anyone else would have told her to shove off.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 16:37   Link #510
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Some people were OK, yes. But she knew Watanuki wasn't one of them.

I'm not saying she should have been completely withdrawn and never talk to anybody. But she didn't have to be so touchy-feely.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 17:15   Link #511
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because she still craves human interactions. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean that you can turn yourself off and become a hermit or robot.
But the fact still remains that she knew what would happen to Watanuki after contact like that, especially the pinky promise. She should have known better then that.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 22:46   Link #512
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Yeah, she should have but sometimes knowing and doing the right thing just doesn't happen. Her craving for interaction overrode her doing the right thing.

Or maybe she's bad to the bone, thoroughly enjoyed seeing Watanuki injured and it won't come out until much later.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 05:43   Link #513
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or maybe she's bad to the bone, thoroughly enjoyed seeing Watanuki injured and it won't come out until much later.
It's so difficult to imagine Himawari like that.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:20   Link #514
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I enjoyed the last episode. OK, it may not have had much in the way of storyline, but got the gang together and sent you off on your way with a nice fluffy feeling.

Hope this one gets licensed so it can join the first series on my shelves.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:12   Link #515
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I want more Z-w x Watanuki moments.

Hopefully, the OVA will have some in it.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 04:33   Link #516
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
Spoiler for For easter egging moment:
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 07:15   Link #517
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Spoiler for For easter egging moment:
Look up a bit on this page. It's already been posted.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 10:12   Link #518
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
sorry im the type who like to redothing hahaha

still ep 13 is out and well im sad cuz it finsihed T_T
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:07   Link #519
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because she still craves human interactions. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean that you can turn yourself off and become a hermit or robot. Maybe some people other than her parents escaped tragic consequences so that she could get away with it. It's that Watanuki wasn't as lucky in that aspect. Watanuki also accepts everyone and her being around him was prob for the best as anyone else would have told her to shove off.
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps since nothing as bad as near-death has happened to Watanuki (and considering that maybe he was special being an aquaintence of Yuko's), she held on a little hope that nothing too terrible would happen to him. All this time, she's been going to school and leading a seemingly normal life. After seeing all that, I wouldn't put it past her to be a little selfish and wanting to live as such, despite the misfortune she brings. She just hoped that it would never happen to those close to her. Watanuki was just so nice to her that she probably couldn't help but want to stay near (while having some restraint).
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 21:11   Link #520
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Yeah, she did keep insisting on bringing Doumeki with Watanuki for their outings so she must have guessed that Doumeki neutralizes her "bad luck" effect on Watanuki.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.