AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-07, 20:40   Link #21
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Hmm... 4-Koma fun...

Not bad...

Well, this will be a fun show to watch. I liked the opening too.

Nothing too special, but nothing too bad.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 00:47   Link #22
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm... 4-Koma fun...
Just FYI, Minamike isn't a 4-Koma.

I had my doubts on the adaptation since I saw they darken Haruka's and Chiaki's hair but it was pretty faithful. ^^

The voices match fairly well especially Keiko and Mako-chan.
Can't wait to hear Uchida's and Atsuko's voices.

オヤシロさまドットコム テレビアニメ「ひぐらしのなく頃に解」公式サイト
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 05:54   Link #23
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
It does resemble azumanga quite a lot. Especially Kana's baka-ness, it just totally reminds me of Tomo .
[...]
even though i didn't understand what they were saying most of the time.
And you have the nerve to compare her to Tomo... ... ... orz.

Episode 01 was highly enjoyable, with great animation to boot. Looking forward to more of Inoue Marina, she's truly outdone herself. Never would've thought she played Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That being said I'm mostly watching this show for the seiyuu performances and ()-chan. :3
Old 2007-10-08, 11:01   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This *looks* like some hilarious "all growed up" version of Ichigo Masimaro or perhaps Azumanga with extra sexy artwork.... whatever, the random screencaps warrant the 'three episode' check-it-out.

The logo and OP are pretty clearly homage riffs on Azu-Da yet the entrance of adhd-girl evokes IM:Miu rather than Tomo... whatever, I'm not dinging it for that since there's only so many archetypes to go around. The question will be how is it executed and does it 'make with funny'
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 11:22   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

My first impression is some disappointment. I didn't find it all that funny or all that smart. Maybe it's just that I thought there was too much of an imitation of Orikasa Fumiko's Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro, which is one of my all-time favorite shows. That might have been okay if the humor had been as deep or as funny as in that show. I thought Inoue Marina was excellent, but too imitative -- and not so much of the archetype as of the cadences, for which there are a wider range of possibilities.

But I did enjoy the sounds of everyone's voices, and particularly to hear something a bit different from Chihara Minori. And I liked the character design and the overall look. I'll certainly watch a couple more episodes, at least.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-08 at 11:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 12:55   Link #26
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My first impression is some disappointment. I didn't find it all that funny or all that smart. Maybe it's just that I thought there was too much of an imitation of Orikasa Fumiko's Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro, which is one of my all-time favorite shows. That might have been okay if the humor had been as deep or as funny as in that show. I thought Inoue Marina was excellent, but too imitative -- and not so much of the archetype as of the cadences, for which there are a wider range of possibilities.
同意見

The dark haired girl is much like an adult version of Miu, but not quite as funny, and lacking the amazing voice work that makes Miu my all time favorite anime character so far.

This show so far seems alot like a version of Ichigo mashimaro at about a 10% concentration.

The drop shaped mouth seems to be this shows visual gimmick (ichigo mashimaro had the cute dove-eyes thing) Its a bit scary looking to see the top of their mouths come to a point though...

I will probably watch this unless it gets completely unfunny. I dont think its good enough that I will watch the episodes two or three times in a row like i did ichigo machimaro though...

The younger sister reminds me of Anju from Karin... quite, reserved, evil :P

OTOH, this show seems like it might add a romantic dimension at some point... could be interesting.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 15:10   Link #27
herbert

I suggest you guys lower your expection on this show. It will be good, I am sure, but it not THAT good. When you start comparing Minami-ke with something as fantastic as Ichigo Mashimaro, you are going to ruin your fun of watching it. Just sit tight and watch if there is a time when you don't have other things to do. It is a nice way to kill time.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:09   Link #28
U<3Anime
Boo!

Does anyone know if there's any group subbing this? Oh, also herbert, your sig is freaking creepy. )= What anime is it from?
Old 2007-10-08, 16:18   Link #29
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
OTOH, this show seems like it might add a romantic dimension at some point... could be interesting.
Sorry to burst your bubble on this one.
There is a love? triangle that develops and some other love interests and complete misunderstandings but nothing truly romantic develops.

The relations between the characters are pretty funny since all the sisters interact with all their friends, especially Kana. I do love the hierarchy that develops.

オヤシロさまドットコム テレビアニメ「ひぐらしのなく頃に解」公式サイト
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 16:50   Link #30
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

But I did enjoy the sounds of everyone's voices, and particularly to hear something a bit different from Chihara Minori. And I liked the character design and the overall look. I'll certainly watch a couple more episodes, at least.
werd on the disappointment, but the potential is certainly there. Always love a character like Kana.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:00   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I suggest you guys lower your expection on this show. It will be good, I am sure, but it not THAT good. When you start comparing Minami-ke with something as fantastic as Ichigo Mashimaro, you are going to ruin your fun of watching it. Just sit tight and watch if there is a time when you don't have other things to do. It is a nice way to kill time.
Exactly my take on it... set expectations to "pleasant diversion" and life will be amiable.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:03   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble on this one.
There is a love? triangle that develops and some other love interests and complete misunderstandings but nothing truly romantic develops.
That's expected, just from seeing the first episode.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:39   Link #33
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Good series im looking forward to more
I thought she was going to break her table
SHe kicked the guy in the shins, anyone wanna explain that to me
Old 2007-10-09, 03:22   Link #34
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

It's a marginally decent adaptation, but not a great one, as expected given the people involved (and the probably small budget). Minami-ke's chapters are roughly ten pages long, so events that take place in the space of a few panels are extrapolated into minutes-long sequences.

Spoiler for episode spoiler:

They've made this series as a conventional comedy, when they could have tried for the manga's dry, matter-of-fact approach to its humor (and fanservice, for that matter). The manga has a distinct, unique personality of its own, while the anime feels like it's nothing special. So I doubt I'll watch this series.

Aesthetic quibbles aside, it's still a funny show.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:08   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
cute...it was really cute...

your average slapstick, slice of life humor but i found it pretty interesting. But it may be dangerous if kana continues to act like a complete "baka yaro" as her sister puts it XD

I like the character designs as well (":3" literally) ~

The kiss thing was the highlight for me...kana should have got a right slap to the face

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 11:12   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
Minami-ke's chapters are roughly ten pages long, so events that take place in the space of a few panels are extrapolated into minutes-long sequences.
The majority of manga adaptations end up like that, and are always done rather well --- making both versions enjoyable in there own right. I haven't read any of Minami-ke yet (i plan to after a few more episodes), though already i can tell that'll enjoy both of them, maybe in different ways --- though still loving the relaxing mood this series, and it's characters put me in.

As expected, just like Ichigo Mashimaro.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:44   Link #37
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Does anyone know if there's any group subbing this?
I'd be interested in the answer to this as well. Particularly as highly rated as it is over at Random Curiosity...
Old 2007-10-09, 11:58   Link #38
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

The manga was a fun read though I found "today in class 5-2" better. Well it does it's thing. I wouldn't be so quick to say it's just like Ichigo Mashimaro. The characters have their own set of personalities and goodness. Also a different setting. Also interesting how they come from diffrent age groups and how the little one takes charge over the middle one.. It is a slice of life comedy. Which is good. Also respects the laws of nature. ^^ Now let's hope this gets subbed. Since Sketchbook: full color`s doesn't seem to get subbed. I need my slice of life comedy dammit!

Spoiler for manga:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 16:31   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far the other shows I was interested in this season have scored subgroups... hopefully this one and "that other show about art students" gets some attention.
Old 2007-10-10, 06:42   Link #40
arkon

Well I know of a few groups who are said to be subbing those shows. And yes like you I can't wait to watch them. Looking forward to seeing both of those subbed.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life