AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 05:44   Link #41
hat_hair

http://rapidshare.com/files/61698373...eEp01.ass.html

A sub file has been released, for those of you who can't wait. Timed to the [S^M] Minami-ke 01 RAW.avi file.
hat_hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 06:32   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_hair View Post
http://rapidshare.com/files/61698373...eEp01.ass.html

A sub file has been released, for those of you who can't wait. Timed to the [S^M] Minami-ke 01 RAW.avi file.
Thanks a lot for posting this. I wouldn't have known about it's release if you didn't post --- hope you carry on doing this.

Just watched with subs.. It's so much <3.

By the end of the episode, i was fully used to Marina Inoue playing Kana, not thinking about Yoko from Gurren Lagann. She's a fun character --- nothing compared to Miu though. At the moment i'm <3 for all three of them, though we'll see if that changes with the next few episodes.

Great fun. Easily one of my favourite of the new season.
Old 2007-10-12, 03:11   Link #43
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I keep imagining that Kana = Miu --;;. Well not exactly like Miu but a tamed Miu.

The first episode is great. They dragged the "kiss" too long though, not that its a bad thing. One thing better than a loli-yuri is a loli-incest-yuri.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:02   Link #44
darlliu

One thing better than a loli-yuri is a loli-incest-yuri.

---------------------------------------
Indeed,so true
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:51   Link #45
Karnot
Banned

Okay, this is officially the best comedy and/or best show of the season !
Well, it also helps that the rest is not that good in the first place, but anyway. At least its not aimed just at some hardcore lolicons like Ichigo Mashimaro did.

Great animation...being first episode and all. Kana is surely a gimmick chara, but then so was Konata. The author surely knows his stuff. OP isnt really catchy, but quite pleasant. Droplet mouths are kinda distracting at first, but meh, its okay.

Basically what i'll be watching this season is this and Bamboo Blade...not much else that is decent this autumn.

Quote of the day :
"Entertain me ! Worship me ! That is your role as my younger sister ! So where were you off screwing around until now, you bitch ?"
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:52   Link #46
ZODDGUTS

Looks like there's a chance of there a bit of romance in this series though the younger sister had to screw it up.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 05:56   Link #47
Minoto

I read the first volume of the manga recently, just by chance, and was wonderfully surprised to see that it was being animated this season. Great first episode; the relations between the three sisters seem quite realistic, yet hilarious. And I loved the animation during the chase scene -- some very nice touches there. One of the best shows this season, in my opinion!
Old 2007-10-12, 06:27   Link #48
mdauben

I just downloaded the "Annonymous" fansub of the first episode, and I have to ask what where they thinking when they chose that font and color for the subtitles? The chunky white text is incredibly hard to read even against a dark background (the text against the white opening screen is just about totally illegable). I really hope that the group in question either re-thinks their text format, or that someone else is planning on subbing this series or I may go blind trying to watch it...
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 06:28   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
They dragged the "kiss" too long though, not that its a bad thing. One thing better than a loli-yuri is a loli-incest-yuri.
I think the kiss part played out perfectly. I can see why you'd say that though --- it did play out for the whole of the second part of the episode, compared to the other stories in the first part.
Old 2007-10-12, 06:58   Link #50
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I just downloaded the "Annonymous" fansub of the first episode, and I have to ask what where they thinking when they chose that font and color for the subtitles? The chunky white text is incredibly hard to read even against a dark background
Eh ? You have a low-contrast display or something ? Subs are okay. Even more - its a softsub, so you can change whatever you want yourself.
Old 2007-10-12, 07:37   Link #51
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Eh ? You have a low-contrast display or something ?
No, the the problem isn't my computer, the problem is the formating of the subtitles.

Quote:
Subs are okay. Even more - its a softsub, so you can change whatever you want yourself.
Are you sure you are talking about the same fansub I am? I don't mean the .ASS file mentioned earlier on this page (http://rapidshare.com/files/61698373...eEp01.ass.html), I am talking about the subbed episode listed on the main Animesuki page earlier today (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=2398).

Going back and checking the main page, the link to the torrent isn't working any more, so perhaps I was not the only one having problems viewing it and the group pulled the file to re-do it?
Old 2007-10-12, 07:52   Link #52
Karnot
Banned

I dunno, i downloaded the file on TokyoTosho, its called [Anonymous] Minami-ke -01.mkv, and its absolutely okay in the subs department.
Old 2007-10-12, 08:22   Link #53
hat_hair

Someone else did the encode listed on animesuki's front page, because they were sick of the slow seeders from the other release (which was never listed on animesuki). It used a different raw, but seemed to be based off the same .ass file.
hat_hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 08:43   Link #54
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just downloaded the "Annonymous" fansub of the first episode, and I have to ask what where they thinking when they chose that font and color for the subtitles? The chunky white text is incredibly hard to read even against a dark background (the text against the white opening screen is just about totally illegable). I really hope that the group in question either re-thinks their text format, or that someone else is planning on subbing this series or I may go blind trying to watch it...
I'm playing back the [WallSub-Anon] version the the misspelled title (Minami-ki?). It's a standard simple sub, but for some reason my computer displays it like yours does until I open VSFilter's (DirectVobSub) properties (double click on the icon in the task tray) and then just click OK. This problem may be related to the fact that I installed all the codecs and filters separately instead of just using CCCP on this computer - it's not the first time it's happened. Plus, I'm not sure how current all the related software is, but as far as I know, they are the same as the current CCCP package. I'll check on another computer running the latest CCCP later. I'll also get the (original) Anonymous sub (with the correctly spelled title) to try out and see if there is any difference.

EDIT:
Just played the original Anonymous version and there were no problems with the subs.

Last edited by Willen; 2007-10-12 at 09:07.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 09:15   Link #55
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Anime-Empire&Saizen's subbing this ^^
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 09:19   Link #56
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Given the author, expect lots and LOTS of pantsu.
About 3 crotches can be seen in whole first volume.

Anyone heard anything about the episode count ? 1st ep was 3 chapters out of 19 in the first volume, so thats easily 20+ episodes for all 4 current volumes.
Old 2007-10-12, 09:26   Link #57
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I'm playing back the [WallSub-Anon] version the the misspelled title (Minami-ki?).
That's the one I have.

Quote:
It's a standard simple sub... <SNIP PARAGRAPH OF TECHNOBABLE>
Which is just one more reason I hate the MKV format (give me a simple AVI or MP4 file, any day). I don't think of myself as a technophobe, but I have no patients with fiddling with a half-dozen software settings or re-installing codecs to get a sub to work properly.

Still, I didn't really intend for this to be a criticism of the sub group, I'm always grateful to the people who do the work for us. I just wanted to offer some "user feedback" that their formating choices were not working for me.
Old 2007-10-12, 12:49   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Poor choice of font or colors is one of the more common problems in these hobby groups. They apparently don't have to deal with astigmatism or have much understanding of visual engineering (ergonomics, whatever you might like to call it). The other end of the spectrum from too much contrast is choosing a color that is too close to the basic palette of the series (like 'light pink' for Lucky*Star when much of the onscreen palette is variations of pink).
If one's goal is to have as many people as possible find the experience pleasant -- then these factors need to be considered.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 14:04   Link #59
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I got the anon thing which I dled via irc. The font was simple black and white for me. =o Which was perfectly fine by me(in the visual department.)

It was a fun ep. My only gripe is that I really dislike the voice actors. :| I feel a lack of energy. D:

I 'm probably going to watch this one through. ^^
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 15:36   Link #60
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Ah, episode one was excellent! As someone pointed out earlier, the weird mouths take some time to get used to, though.

The driving force behind the comedy is of course the middle sister and she's pure gold. I laughed hard at the way she handled the "challenge".
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life