AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 32 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 19.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-21, 00:20   Link #301
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood CA USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Robin View Post
What's really sad is that they there wasn't even that much to animate to it, what mattered was the insight into Claire's more viscious side, and Flora's prideful but tender attitude that would've made much better character depth.

And yes, Claire and Flora getting friendly in a hot-spring would've made up for it, but the same story-telling style that prevents Raki from "getting bankai in 3 days," prevents excessive use of gratiutious shower scenes.

Watching typical shounen is like watching Live Free or Die Hard, been there, done that, watching Claymore is like watching The Bourne Identity, catch my drift?
Quote:
Considering the difference between the manga and anime versions of the scene with Priscilla killing Sophia and Noel, I'm not that concerned with that possibility.
Well, I have no clue on why we got to comparing this to Die Hard or Boring Ultimatum but all I know there are "really bloody and brutal scenes" (in the current arc/episode 21 anime ) in the manga, and If I see one change like one Claymore instead of getting killed by a tentacle, and in the anime dies by strangulation..I'm gonna go ballistic. That "new" character Rigald? He sure is interesting...
__________________
hollywoodlou is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 03:32   Link #302
^Sakon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Is better Priscilla don't show off this cute, little puppy to her friends... they can try to eat him.

Anyway, i was wondering why Isley never felt kinda jealous from Priscilla atached to Raki. But if he never considerated Raki an equal, that would explain. Besides, it's not like he can't kill him if Raki becomes a bother.
Or, more likely, Pris is not someone to cross...so squishing her favorite new puppy dog might throw a thorn into Isley's plan's...seeing how she seems slightly unstable and likely to eat a fellow AB.
^Sakon is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 04:14   Link #303
^Sakon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
ok...finally got tired of the manga vrs anime arguing about the fight between flora and clare, read the manga..fight was awesome, but all in all i'm completely satisfied with this ep, even sans-flora/clare fight.
^Sakon is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 07:59   Link #304
Kerin
Shippou
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: On Kagome's lap!
Send a message via ICQ to Kerin
Is not about time to make pinny and new thread for 21 ?
Kerin is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 09:09   Link #305
Kai Robin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
Is not about time to make pinny and new thread for 21 ?
I'd make one myself, but apparentely enough I'm not "priveleged" enuf to do so

Actually that's probably a good pre-emptive move on the moderators part to keep people from floding the forums with irrelevant topics.
Kai Robin is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 09:47   Link #306
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sakon View Post
Or, more likely, Pris is not someone to cross...so squishing her favorite new puppy dog might throw a thorn into Isley's plan's...seeing how she seems slightly unstable and likely to eat a fellow AB.
True. If someone mess with her or her "pet", she could exterminate everyone in Isley's army. Actually, that would be a very good way for Clare and Co. survive the war thanks to Raki... because someone influencied by him in Isley's side went nuts and destroyed her own pals herself.

Another thought i got... what if - by poetic justice - Priscilla dies by Clare's hands in the same way Teresa died by her own hands... because she became a softie after meeting Raki? That would be cool, too.
PGilis is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 10:07   Link #307
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I'm posting because. . .
A) I'm bored. The best reason of all.
B) I think it's vaguely relevant.
C) This is a vague continuation of an obscure joke I posted long ago.

__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 19:28   Link #308
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
I just finished reading the Claymore manga all the way up to this episode and I must say that this episode was so much better then the way it was done in the manga. The anime did not make any serious changes that would affect the overall storyline of Claymore, but the minor changes it did make really added a lot more depth to the storyline then the way it was in the manga. Like for example:
Okaies

Quote:
- In the anime, Raki, Isley, and Priscilla, where shown to be camping outdoors, while in the manga they were inside a house or inn. The scenery that was presented in the anime was far more appropriate then in the scenery in the manga for the situation they were in.
How so? In the manga, Raki was just brought to Isley's home, leading to Raki to question just WHAT does Isley do, not to mention Isley still has not givin his name to Raki as of episode 20 :P

Quote:
- The scene between Flora and Clare was far better in the anime then in the manga in my opinion. In the manga, all they do is fight to see who is stronger. It made no sense to fight and get yourself all tired and injured just before the big fight against 27 awakened beings. I understand Flora wanted to get to know Clare's ability a little more, but in all honesty, she has seen enough of Clare's ability during fight against the awakened being. But the way the anime approached this scene was so much more sophisticated. The anime had them confront each other in way that made them trust each other when Clare finally broke out of her quiet zone and told Flora about her arm and her intentions as a warrior.
The point of the fight was not just for them to test their strength, it was to see if Clare was qualified to be a leader of a team, as Flora explained in the manga, those with strength are responsible for those of lesser strength, and it also showed Clare's Ophelia like hatred of ABs, and Flora's scolding of her was much more important then the unrealistic "I will reveal everything to you because you are threatening my posistion on your team" route.

Also the exchange leads to an important development in Clare's technique later in the story.

Flora was kind and considerate in the manga, not wanting to push into Clare's private affairs, even willing to accept Clare's judgement on her not being suited as a leader of a team. Flora's reason for testing her was not just to compare their technique, it was to see how much she could rely on Clare in battle.

In the Anime Flora was suspicious, nosy, and was very pushy when it came to Clare's personal life. The sappy "sword-buddy" thing in the anime was ok, but also very cheesy, not that i mind that much, but it came to quickly, especially since Clare does not even trust her previous comrades enough to tell them about her past, and now she just tells Flora and Jean (who I can understand a bit) her big secret?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-08-22, 01:29   Link #309
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx View Post
That's the thing, it seems rather unreleastic for Isley's home to be anywhere near that city that was just recently destroyed by a bunch of Awakened Beings. The fact of the matter is that they are heading towards Pieta, so it seems more apropriate for them to be within the woods then within Isley's home which most likely isn't anywhere near where they are.
They weren't headed anywhere yet. Thus, sleeping out of the wet and cold.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-08-22, 04:00   Link #310
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
And I see this thread still translates into Manga vs. Anime discussion as always...May I be so kind as to point everyone to http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46914 this thread because near as I can tell the whole purpose of that one is exactly what these episode discussion threads have degenerated to...

Trust me I'm not big into playing a pseudo mod and don't get along well with "rules", but I can't help to wonder how many others simply stopped coming to these threads because they lack discussion of the episode without all the manga comparisons/spoilers....Just a thought.

Ah but anyway I managed to scan across a few posts somehow miraculously not being spoiled and seems like 90% of them are about flora and clare...I guess I'm in the minority that found the bits about undine the most interesting of the episode? Wouldn't surprise me though as I have a habit of finding interest in the unpopular ones.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline  
Old 2007-08-22, 10:02   Link #311
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando, FL.
Age: 28
The Spoiler Venting Thread, so that's what that thread is all about. Based on the thread's title, I always thought it was about...well... posting a whole bunch of spoilers that you normally wouldn't be allowed to post elsewhere. Thus, I completely ignored that thread for the sake of it not spoiling anything for me. I must say that the title is very misleading. Anyways, thanks for pointing that out Kimichi.
__________________
The Farthest Land - A 2D Fighting game I am making (inspired by Claymore of course ^_^)

Last edited by xVxObliVioNxVx; 2007-08-22 at 20:46.
xVxObliVioNxVx is offline  
Old 2007-08-22, 12:50   Link #312
hierophant
anime freak
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brazil
Ok, here is my impression of the differences between the original source (manga) and the anime

Claire x Flora:
the anime have a point by showing Jean defending Claire. It is very odd in the manga as Jean followed Claire to the semi-awaken reunion, yet not caring about Flora challenging her.
however, it lose a big point showing how superfluous Claire is by not hiding life-threatening secrets. She didn't even told about Irene to her semi-Awakened friends, yet she denounced Irene to a stranger Claymore who didn't even trusted her. Keep in mind that information would lead to Irene being executed by Claymore's organization (which already happened but Claire don't know)
It lose another point by not showing the Wind Cutter against the Quick Sword. removing action scenes from a action-oriented story is not much a wise thing to do.
Flora's motivation, although different, are both good in the manga and anime. In manga, she does that to measure Claire (like Miria did) and to see if she was more powerful, meaning Claire would have to lead. In anime, she did that because a weak Claymore with a strong Claymore's arm is indeed very odd and suspect. As no one would think some strong fighter would willingly give an arm to someone weak, the easiest conclusion was that Claire stole someone's arm, or even killed someone to get it.

Raki-Priscila encounter:
the anime have credit by showing Raki/Priscila/Ishley sleeping in the wild. Keep in mind they where in a devastated city. The manga version unexplainly jump to Ishley's lair, meaning Raki would have quit of searching Claire for a few days only to make company to Priscila (without a good reason).
the anime also explain better why Raki willingly followed Priscila and Ishley, instead of resuming his search of Claire.
It is very stupid Raki saying to Ishley that her lost friend is in fact a Claymore. Ishley would had to react accordingly (by using him or getting more information). The anime probably will ignore this fact (by Ishley only playing dumb) to not deviate too much from the manga. Also, even if Raki don't know Ishley is an Awaken, the knows that saying he is a friend of a Claymore to a human would probably make people be afraid of him (and avoid him).
hierophant is offline  
Old 2007-08-22, 13:05   Link #313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
the anime have credit by showing Raki/Priscila/Ishley sleeping in the wild. Keep in mind they where in a devastated city. The manga version unexplainly jump to Ishley's lair, meaning Raki would have quit of searching Claire for a few days only to make company to Priscila (without a good reason).
Raki was in a strange, deserted land with a hostile climate. Even discounting the threat of yomas, without supplies and a guide, his chances of survival were pretty low. Yes, I know the anime decreed that he somehow decided to go north for no reason whatsoever, and actually pulled it off. That's a minus point.

Quote:
It is very stupid Raki saying to Ishley that her lost friend is in fact a Claymore. Ishley would had to react accordingly (by using him or getting more information). The anime probably will ignore this fact (by Ishley only playing dumb) to not deviate too much from the manga. Also, even if Raki don't know Ishley is an Awaken, the knows that saying he is a friend of a Claymore to a human would probably make people be afraid of him (and avoid him).
What information? The name of a Claymore? Big deal. As far as Claymores and the Organisation go, Raki knows less than Isley does.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-08-22, 16:27   Link #314
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Welcome to the discussion thread for Claymore, Episode 20.

Important note for this episode:
Since it seems clear that a prominent scene from the manga isn't going to be in the anime people won't be punished for mentioning it, but if anyone wants to say ANYTHING at all about it, beyond the mere fact of its absence, there will be bans. No discussing anything that was determined in that scene. That belongs in the spoiler venting thread, not here. It wasn't in episode 19 or 20 so it doesn't belong in the discussion for these episodes.
Even when we are now with Episode 21 up. Please....

I know, i can be stubborn. But i do it for the curiosity fans. No hard feelings. Peace
Seska is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 08:26   Link #315
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
I did a quick search for "undine clothes" and found nothing, but did anyone else notice that she had her clothes fully on in episode 19 and then they were trashed in episode 20 when Deneve has a convo with her?
DeathAngelBR is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.