AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 32 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 19.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-15, 08:58   Link #81
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

It still seems far-fetched that Clare doesn't mind confirming Flora's suspicions yet won't tell Miria at all, especially when they decided to cut the bonding moments between Clare and Flora.

I still don't believe that Miria, with all her research, wouldn't have a clue about past Claymores while Flora does and guesses correctly.
Old 2007-08-15, 09:52   Link #82
USCPharmacist

Maybe Clare thought that since Flora already knew so much that it was useless to denied it. And it's possible that Miria knew but since Clare didn't want to say it that Miria decided not to pry. Or.....PLOT HOLE!!!!!!!

That's why I don't like alter plot, there're gonna be bugs everywhere.
Old 2007-08-15, 09:58   Link #83
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Is just me or Raki is becoming more and more a multi-class character?

So far, he is a Cooker, a Youma-bait, a living Garbage-can, a Claymore-boytoy, a Swordman-in-training, and now an Awaked-One-Pet!

What he will become next? Any ideas?
Old 2007-08-15, 10:02   Link #84
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

God Of The Universe !!!
Old 2007-08-15, 10:15   Link #85
B-day
Yokomo driver

I'm thinking the anime starts to deviate a lot from manga, is Madhouse planning a second season with story independent from manga, smell fishy
Old 2007-08-15, 11:07   Link #86
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

It's going to be a pain to wait for next week's episode. I'm sure Flora and Clare will battle together for a bit longer. I don't know why Isely is teaching Raki. I'm guessing he can see the potential he would make as a Claymore. Still baffled...
Old 2007-08-15, 11:21   Link #87
blackmarks

it could be that while Miria has breadth of knowledge about claymores and the organization, Flora has very specific historical knowledge about Irena while she developed her own special Windcutter attack. "who else had a fast attack sword and is my technique faster than theirs?" seems like a natural question to ask.
Old 2007-08-15, 11:25   Link #88
blackmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-day View Post
I'm thinking the anime starts to deviate a lot from manga, is Madhouse planning a second season with story independent from manga, smell fishy
sadly not deviating so much as restructuring. i'm thinking Madhouse is planning a single season with a satisfying conclusion, yet open to a second season... in 3 or 4 more years once the mangaka finishes writing it

i gave this episode an 8 for restructuring (i liked what they did) but lack of battles makes me sad.
Old 2007-08-15, 11:29   Link #89
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
It not so much the style quick sword or flash sword than that fact Flora knew Clare had Irena arm. Having never met Clare before to know that it was not Clare arm is a bit fishy. Miria would tell there was difference since she knew Clare before Clare got the upgrade. Miria would be able tell there was difference easy but for Flora who only know Clare for few hours and able to figure out that arms is not hers and able to conclude that is Irena is very fishy.
Old 2007-08-15, 11:38   Link #90
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Oh well, as I said before, Madhouse will end the anime with anime unique arc as they did with Gunslinger Girl back in 2003. And they can do it well with Gunslinger Girl anime hence I am not so perturbed with Claymore possibility of different story ending. Not surprisingly my view is not popular with fans here.

Look, if the anime is not satisfying, there is always manga to continue the desired arc. I am sure Madhouse production team has their reasoning to do what they do. They seen Berserk and they concluded it is not the way to end an anime, or horror once known as Kare Kano . I would prefer there is an ending unlike Kare Kano which like completely stopped halfway.

Personally, unless they get shitloads of money like Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, there will be no Season 2 in near future.

I still read the manga or I will still do a marathon on anime one fine day. It did not matter to me if the anime deviates from manga or not. The anime so far is good and the manga is also excellent.

Entertainment is entertainment, so is anime once known as Claymore.
Old 2007-08-15, 11:54   Link #91
Jhereg42
Ich Bin Der Teufel!

I've got this sudden urge to type, "Jesus Christ it's a HIM. Get in the Car!"
Old 2007-08-15, 12:01   Link #92
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
I don't know why Isely is teaching Raki. I'm guessing he can see the potential he would make as a Claymore. Still baffled...
Isley said himself... Priscilla needs a friend.

Probably he want to keep Raki close because of Priscilla. For some reason she likes him ( not as favorite dish, mind you ), so it's a way to keep her happy.

But now comes the question: Why Isley want to keep Priscilla happy? Is Isley really worried about Priscilla's happiness or he is using Raki as a way to keep her under control?

We already know from the Teresa's arc (Sob... sob... Teresaaaa... ) Priscilla is not the most brilliant person in the world. Even as an A.O., she could be used as a tool for someone smarter than her. What if Isley is using her power to gain control over the world?

And no, i didn't read the manga. Just my speculations.
Old 2007-08-15, 12:08   Link #93
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Every loli needs a pet.
Old 2007-08-15, 12:10   Link #94
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg42 View Post
I've got this sudden urge to type, "Jesus Christ it's a HIM. Get in the Car!"
HIM is near, beware. HAHAHA!!
Old 2007-08-15, 12:13   Link #95
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Isley said himself... Priscilla needs a friend.

Probably he want to keep Raki close because of Priscilla. For some reason she likes him ( not as favorite dish, mind you ), so it's a way to keep her happy.

But now comes the question: Why Isley want to keep Priscilla happy? Is Isley really worried about Priscilla's happiness or he is using Raki as a way to keep her under control?

We already know from the Teresa's arc (Sob... sob... Teresaaaa... ) Priscilla is not the most brilliant person in the world. Even as an A.O., she could be used as a tool for someone smarter than her. What if Isley is using her power to gain control over the world?

And no, i didn't read the manga. Just my speculations.

each AO has a wife or husband,its their duty to keep their lover happy.Maybe priscilla knew she was going to isley's side thats why she train so fast and become #2 and awaken and fly straight to his home and get married LOL
Old 2007-08-15, 12:21   Link #96
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Are you sure they are lovers?
Old 2007-08-15, 12:24   Link #97
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
each AO has a wife or husband,its their duty to keep their lover happy.Maybe priscilla knew she was going to isley's side thats why she train so fast and become #2 and awaken and fly straight to his home and get married LOL
Really? I didn't hear any mention of the AO of the South having a husband/wife. The only concrete lovers relationship we have so far is Riful and Dauf.
Old 2007-08-15, 12:25   Link #98
akimoko

Just curious...did the RAW get released late again this week?
Old 2007-08-15, 12:28   Link #99
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Oh well, as I said before, Madhouse will end the anime with anime unique arc as they did with Gunslinger Girl back in 2003. And they can do it well with Gunslinger Girl anime hence I am not so perturbed with Claymore possibility of different story ending. Not surprisingly my view is not popular with fans here.

Look, if the anime is not satisfying, there is always manga to continue the desired arc. I am sure Madhouse production team has their reasoning to do what they do. They seen Berserk and they concluded it is not the way to end an anime, or horror once known as Kare Kano . I would prefer there is an ending unlike Kare Kano which like completely stopped halfway.

Personally, unless they get shitloads of money like Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, there will be no Season 2 in near future.

I still read the manga or I will still do a marathon on anime one fine day. It did not matter to me if the anime deviates from manga or not. The anime so far is good and the manga is also excellent.

Entertainment is entertainment, so is anime once known as Claymore.
Good is your mention about Gunslinger Girl, I remember to cry in that end, but I dont know if it is different from mangá. Thank you.

I hope of a great end or a second and independent season make me happy.
Old 2007-08-15, 12:54   Link #100
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimoko View Post
Just curious...did the RAW get released late again this week?
No, normal time.

Last edited by B-day; 2007-08-15 at 13:06.
Closed Thread