AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-22, 10:47   Link #41
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

To elaborate on that licensing rumor:

ADV is getting ready to put the first season of Gravion (which is confirmed
as licensed by them) on DVD soon. The first season is 13 episodes but the
news is they're planning on putting it on 6 discs!

That would be crazy... unless ADV also had the second season, as putting
the whole 25 episodes (Season 1 + 2) on 6 discs isn't strange at all.

Still, no confirmation on this yet, so for the moment AnimeSuki will consider
it unlicensed. BUT... a license announcement is probably imminent.
Old 2004-02-22, 13:07   Link #42
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Awe bugger. Right when I was really getting into the series too. Well, I've seen enough of it to know I'll buy it, but man, the anime companies have been nailing us fans short lately. Bah. For as much anime as I buy, you'd figure they'd at least let us watch the whole series first BEFORE licencing it. *sigh* OH well. Their loss....well, not exactly. More like the fans loss. But they obviously don't care about that so long as they make money.
Old 2004-02-22, 15:24   Link #43
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

You don't have any right to complain about a company licensing a series you haven't finished watching yet. That's one the most stupidest reasons evar. So what if you haven't finished watching it? big deal, like the licensing company is really going to care. Just because you buy some anime doesn't mean they owe you anything. Sheesh.
Old 2004-02-22, 16:20   Link #44
BanditKing

Just to let people know the first disc of Gravion has five ep.If they are making 6 -disc release then it no doubt they release both season 1 and 2.
Old 2004-02-22, 16:43   Link #45
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
Just to let people know the first disc of Gravion has five ep.If they are making 6 -disc release then it no doubt they release both season 1 and 2.
Of course, there's really no question that if it's a 6 disc release they'll release both Season 1 and 2 (it'll be pretty stupid to do a 2 ep per disc release of a somewhat niche series like this one)... The thing that IS to be doubt is the fact that it IS a 6 disc release and not just a misprint in the ADV catalogue. Because as far as i know this combining two series into one thing is pretty rare especially since Gravion Z isn't even completed yet in Japan.

Either way, it's not like the fansubbing of this show will be affected (since no one's subbing this series anyway). So whatever.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:28   Link #46
wolf

what happened to anime junkies fansub of Gravion Zwei? I'm just wondering since I've seen the raws for episode 7 and their translations have been stuck at eps. 2 for a while. does anyone know?
Old 2004-02-23, 08:47   Link #47
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, if this series actually IS licenced, then I'll just nuke the fansubs I got on my computer (don't like AJ's release anyways) and just sit patiently and wait on the DVD's like a good anime fan. You get hooked and then they pull the rug out from under you. OH well.
Old 2004-02-23, 09:42   Link #48
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
what happened to anime junkies fansub of Gravion Zwei? I'm just wondering since I've seen the raws for episode 7 and their translations have been stuck at eps. 2 for a while. does anyone know?
Their translator was sick, he seems to be better; but who knows, they're probably gonna drop it soon when the license is announced. Since the first season was licensed, it was always a question of when, not if the second series gets licensed.
Old 2004-02-24, 12:24   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
Their translator was sick, he seems to be better; but who knows, they're probably gonna drop it soon when the license is announced. Since the first season was licensed, it was always a question of when, not if the second series gets licensed.
Well, ADV doesn't have a history of telling fansubbers to drop their licensed series, and AJ doesn't have a history of stopping unless the companies tell them to. So who knows.
Old 2004-02-25, 17:31   Link #50
Kingpincollector

When is the first season supposed to come out?

I want it!
Old 2004-02-25, 23:26   Link #51
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

No release date yet, but pricing and preliminary cover art has shown up in Diamond Previews, so it can't be too far off. The first disc has 5 episodes.
Old 2004-02-26, 07:48   Link #52
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Well i don't think ADV would regress to thier old ways (shudders remember renting 13 tapes when he first saw eva) so i bet that the 6 dvds will be for both seasons.
If episoe 7 or 8 has aired that means by the time they get around to the 2nd season it will be over in japan.

-Gabe, who as so as he gets money will get the dvds, and will keep his fan subs till the last moment since the 2nd ending song is addictive.
Old 2004-02-26, 08:40   Link #53
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
(shudders remember renting 13 tapes when he first saw eva)
If it's popular enough (which this isn't I expect), why not (from ADVs point of view)? At least you only rented them

*Looks left to the 13 VHS tapes costing around 200 that were one of his first forrays into anime and knows he isn't the only one out there*.
Old 2004-02-26, 12:19   Link #54
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Yeah - I'm amused how many people complain that anime NOW is expensive. They don't realize just how good they have it if they're in the US right now.
Old 2004-02-27, 17:37   Link #55
SidSavage

I'm just hoping that AJ would at least fansub episode 3 since I missed out on the raws. I saw some screenshots where there is some actual flash nudity in the series!

Yeah, I know what I want.
Old 2004-02-27, 17:55   Link #56
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidSavage
I'm just hoping that AJ would at least fansub episode 3 since I missed out on the raws. I saw some screenshots where there is some actual flash nudity in the series!

Yeah, I know what I want.
Not much happen in Eps 3-5... The real fun starts at Ep 6...

BTW Ep 8 has one of the biggest, cheesiest, most unbelievable plot twists I've ever seen in a modern anime. Geez, I still can't believe its true, but the OP hints at it.
Old 2004-02-27, 18:13   Link #57
Tellu54
Banned

I'm THINKING about subbing it... TLed the first two eps quick enough, don't have access to a raw for the 3rd yet and am too short on HDD space to bust up Winny and go looking for it. If this "other group that's subbing it" doesn't get their butt in gear and release it I'll do it, I guess. Can't leave it all to AJ like the last one.

Flash nudity? You sure?
Old 2004-02-27, 18:29   Link #58
SidSavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
I'm THINKING about subbing it... TLed the first two eps quick enough, don't have access to a raw for the 3rd yet and am too short on HDD space to bust up Winny and go looking for it. If this "other group that's subbing it" doesn't get their butt in gear and release it I'll do it, I guess. Can't leave it all to AJ like the last one.

Flash nudity? You sure?
Check this out, your going to have to do some scrolling down though (NSFW):
http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200401c.htm
Old 2004-02-27, 18:39   Link #59
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidSavage
Check this out, your going to have to do some scrolling down though (NSFW):
http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200401c.htm
The "Flash nudity" is as brief as can be... Faye just stands up while taking a bath on the onsen and the whole thing last for a second (I guess that's why it's called "flash nudity"?)

If you enjoy those kind of things there is more Riru and Luna nudity in Ep 6.
Old 2004-02-27, 19:44   Link #60
SidSavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The "Flash nudity" is as brief as can be... Faye just stands up while taking a bath on the onsen and the whole thing last for a second (I guess that's why it's called "flash nudity"?)

If you enjoy those kind of things there is more Riru and Luna nudity in Ep 6.
I'm more into MItsuki (the big blonde chick) than any of the other girls for the obvious reasons.
Closed Thread