AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 15:51   Link #21
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

haha, no, it was noted that he meant inside the fire village
Old 2007-08-24, 16:15   Link #22
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
haha, no, it was noted that he meant inside the fire village
Huh? Well from Jiraiyi's warning it seems Root (and Danzou) has a bigger role to play later on after all...
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 16:22   Link #23
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

this was a plotline device. Kishi is setting up another plotline before the current one is fully over. He is saying that akatsuki is going to die out, and root will be the new problem.
Old 2007-08-24, 22:50   Link #24
tkdtiger

ROOT definately appears to be the next conflict in Naruto...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:10   Link #25
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

thats not what we just said or anything...
Old 2007-08-24, 23:28   Link #26
Rahan

Root will be the final arc. They just won't let Naruto become Hokage and if he has to deal with them before the Hokage succession comes into question, the result will be the same : Naruto Hokage. (if they couldn't take down Tsunade, the story wouldn't be interesting)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:34   Link #27
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
thats not what we just said or anything...
were you refering to me? I was just stating my opinion that ROOT and Danzou would probably be the next conflict that goes against Naruto (technically this has already started)
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:35   Link #28
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Root will be the final arc. They just won't let Naruto become Hokage and if he has to deal with them before the Hokage succession comes into question, the result will be the same : Naruto Hokage. (if they couldn't take down Tsunade, the story wouldn't be interesting)
Do you think that's all the arc is going to be about though? I wonder if there will be more to it that just trying to take out Tsunade, keep Naruto from getting the Hokage title, and gaining control of the village. And, if there isn't, how do you think they'll go about accomplishing their goals? They can't be direct about it, lest they arouse the attention and anger of the Tsunade-friendly (among others) ninja within the village. How then, are they to accomplish their missions? Bring in ninjas from outside villages with alliances and promises of spoil-share? It'll be interesting to see how the whole 'Root' arc plays itself out.
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 01:31   Link #29
BloodTypeB

What if: Everyone guessing here has gotten it all wrong, and this whole Jiraiya v.s Pein arc isn't related to Naruto's origin. But we find out about Naruto's origin through the Root arc. I mean, common, Tsunade and Jiraiya mention both Naruto's parents AND Root in one sitting.
j/k
Maybe, if Tsunade were to die any time soon, it would be Danzou vs Kakashi for the Hokage spot.
BloodTypeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 01:37   Link #30
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTypeB View Post
Maybe, if Tsunade were to die any time soon, it would be Danzou vs Kakashi for the Hokage spot.
Nah, if Danzou was ever considered for the position of Hokage since his run against Sarutobi they would've established him when the 3rd died. Although I would understand why they would elect him if Tsunade and Jiraiyi did die, because there would be no more Sannins to choose from. However, since the council consists of Sarutobi's original teammates, I doubt they would nominate Danzou for the position (unless he uses Root to kill them off secretly and establishes a new council). Good grief.

Last edited by Sinaura; 2007-08-26 at 02:31.
Old 2007-08-26, 01:42   Link #31
tatami
back in black

danzou is now just an old guy with a lot of battle wounds. he is not even a shinobi anymore.
Old 2007-08-26, 02:40   Link #32
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
danzou is now just an old guy with a lot of battle wounds. he is not even a shinobi anymore.
He just also happens to be the head of Root; a branch of Konoha that both of the remaining legendary Sannins (one being Hokage) remain careful of even though they have other things like Akatsuki to concern themselves with.
Old 2007-08-26, 03:30   Link #33
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well you guy's must've realized that unless a few people die (with alot of power) Naruto will never become Hokage. It seems that all Hokages have/had faith in Naruto. (3rd, 4th, 5th) But the advisors dont...Shizune probably doesnt either.
Danzou is definetly a guy who doesnt want Naruto to become Hokage either (probably he wants one of his own roots as hokage)

Thinking about the name "Root" i am starting to think (just another probably dumb theory) are the roots one of the first shinobi's or the original shinobi before Konoha was formed as it is. Probably because of the peacefull vision that Shodai and all other Hokages have...holds Danzou a grudge against them.
Old 2007-08-26, 03:33   Link #34
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
He just also happens to be the head of Root; a branch of Konoha that both of the remaining legendary Sannins (one being Hokage) remain careful of even though they have other things like Akatsuki to concern themselves with.
they didnt warned about danzou himself but his organisation, indeed he was powerfull enough to challange sarutobi in his prime but not now. jiraiya warned tsunade about the organisation cuz root is not a simple guy but a powerfull organisation.danzous interest makes root dangerous. so danzou himself probably not much of a problem unless he is faking his appereance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well you guy's must've realized that unless a few people die (with alot of power) Naruto will never become Hokage. It seems that all Hokages have/had faith in Naruto. (3rd, 4th, 5th) But the advisors dont...Shizune probably doesnt either.
Danzou is definetly a guy who doesnt want Naruto to become Hokage either (probably he wants one of his own roots as hokage)

Thinking about the name "Root" i am starting to think (just another probably dumb theory) are the roots one of the first shinobi's or the original shinobi before Konoha was formed as it is. Probably because of the peacefull vision that Shodai and all other Hokages have...holds Danzou a grudge against them.
i think root implies that they are the protectors of the village cuz root is what feeds and stands the tree...they claim themselves as the ultimate protection of konoha...in their own way it is (sasuke arc.)

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-26 at 09:16. Reason: do not double post
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 05:15   Link #35
Slayerx

Danzou is interesting in that we have yet to really hear of his true intentions... We have heard many things, but his actions allow him to remain an enigma.

Yamato orginally jumped to the conclusion that Danzou was planning on forming an alliance with Orochimaru in order to take over Kohona... this was supported by Sai giving Oro the booklet that reveals ANBU indenties. However, it was later confirmed that this was all and elborate ploy for Sai to kill Sasuke; there's no way an alliance between the two would work if Sai were to do such a thing. So Danzou wasn't planning on taking over Kohona...

I would say, the it seemed like Danzou was just trying to ensure that a powerful weapon (sharigan) didn't fall into Oro's hands... hence opting to kill Sasuke instead of trying to take him back. Which actually does make sence since Sasuke left on his own accord and thus would fight to stay with Oro, and might just escape and run away again if he were brought back to Kohona... Logically, Killing Sasuke was the best method to stop Oro from gaining more power...

Really, it all sounds to me that Danzou believes in doing what MUST be done and following a strict logical course of action... as opposed to many others who would want to follow more idealistic actions... Actions like trying to bring sasuke home (by force if nessasary) seem both idealistic and downright futile to him.

But we now must wonder about Jiriaya's latest warnings about Root... Will root actually try to do something like take over Kohona? Maybe Danzou is planning on finding ways to increase his influence in the village; such as the offical re-organization of root (officially they disbanded)... Or could it be that Root is going to act on their own accord and take more actions they see as "needs", actions that may go agaisnt what Tsunade wants (like how they tried to kill Sasuke)?... like perhaps they will try to kill Naruto, out of the potential risk the kyuubi presents... or something else that is "logically good" but not really good
So far, i'm thinking more along the line of the later... so far, Danzou doesn't seem like he would go as far as try to take over Kohona... it's rather hard to tell with him...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 05:50   Link #36
tatami
back in black

what will sai do i wonder...

and it is very important ths arcs end...it depends on if sasuke comes back or not...

and there is so much time for the root arc.
Old 2007-08-26, 07:01   Link #37
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Danzou might also be Madara (there was this disussion long ago wasnt it).

The revelation of the ROOT threat is the most iteresting thing that happened in recent chapters since it creates a potential enemy in the long run.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 07:19   Link #38
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
Danzou might also be Madara (there was this disussion long ago wasnt it).

The revelation of the ROOT threat is the most iteresting thing that happened in recent chapters since it creates a potential enemy in the long run.
danzou for madara? cmoooon...its like saying kurosaki is a claymore....
Old 2007-08-26, 08:07   Link #39
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, maybe not Madara, but that root associates with one of the remaining Uchihas in order to keep their beliefs alive and the war going... wouldn't come as surprising in my mind. We have seen conflicts between the Hokages on their war policy.

In fact, several Hokages had very different ideas and concepts about war, and Root was probably a part of Konoha which had extensive contact with the Uchiha.

I could probably see Konoha in a civil war, and our 4 teams of ninja kids barely escaping from the mess, only to plan how to re-take Konoha. Perhaps they would all start off in the Sand village, and work their way up in the different villages.

Five main countries:

* 1 Land of Earth (Hidden Village in the Rocks)
* 2 Land of Fire (Hidden Village in the Leafs)
* 3 Land of Lightning (Hidden Village in the Clouds)
* 4 Land of Water (Hidden Village in the Mist)
* 5 Land of Wind (Hidden Village in the Sand)

And the four teams separate in each of the villages to achieve an uprise against the new Hokage of the Land of Fire!

Oops, got carried away there, but I still think the "exile" of Naruto and his friends is possible.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 08:51   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I was hoping Danzou would come back into the story, it looks like he might based on chapter 367. Is he planning a coup of the Leaf village? It depends. We don't really know anything about Root other than it contains Danzou and Sai. How powerful and numerous are shinobi in Root and how deep are it's connections with other villages?

I don't think an actual military conflict is Danzou's style. My guess is that he would do something like trying to sabotage Tsunade's efforts from the inside to make her seem inept to eventually get more and more support from the council elders to take action without Tsunades approval until eventually he has basically as much authority as a Hokage.

If Root comes into conflict with Tsunade it raises big questions for Sai. He will have to make a choice between his new friends and the man who raised him. So far, Danzou has allowed Sai to remain in team 7, but does not like the emotions that are growing inside him. What will happen if Danzou gives him an order like, say, having to assassinate one of the Team 7 members? We don't know exactly how loyal Sai is to Danzou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well, Danzou founded Root so the organization as a division of ANBU so it has only been around since he came into power, which was probably some time after Sarutobi became hokage. Danzou himself is probably no older than Sarutobi was. The name "Root" might be a pun because Konoha means Leaf village and leaves come from trees.... which have roots.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote