AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-14, 18:20   Link #2201
Chittery
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I seriously don't know why so many people hate poor Raki. XD

He's funny, loyal, determined, has a nice personality...what's not to like? D:

He's a crybaby, but...I think it works, 'cause of all that he went through, of course he'd be a little...emotional.
Chittery is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 18:44   Link #2202
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittery View Post
I seriously don't know why so many people hate poor Raki. XD

He's funny, loyal, determined, has a nice personality...what's not to like? D:
Couldn't say it better myself

Quote:
He's a crybaby, but...I think it works, 'cause of all that he went through, of course he'd be a little...emotional.
Most people can't grasp the concept that he was a child when he went through everything; it's the same with Priscilla, Clarice and just about every other kid, Claymore fans generally hate children or something

Talk to Gangsta, he's one of them
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 19:32   Link #2203
shelter
Every word must conjure
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of No Yesterdays
Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittery View Post
I seriously don't know why so many people hate poor Raki. XD
Most Claymore fans, I think, find it repulsive to see a weak male character in a series stacked with kickass females. It doesn't make any excuse even though Raki is a kid. His obsessive need to do the perfectly right thing can be a bit annoying sometimes.

His greatest redemption, is getting stronger, having Priscilla as a pet & (hopefully) going on win the day for the Ghosts.
__________________
shelter is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 19:56   Link #2204
dweller of the deep
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lisbon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Most Claymore fans, I think, find it repulsive to see a weak male character in a series stacked with kickass females. It doesn't make any excuse even though Raki is a kid. His obsessive need to do the perfectly right thing can be a bit annoying sometimes.

His greatest redemption, is getting stronger, having Priscilla as a pet & (hopefully) going on win the day for the Ghosts.

yeah, and that annoying habit of trying to save Clare, when she could eat his ass without even using her hands.

oh, and he's a crybaby. damn brat.
__________________
I'm going from strange to stranger.
dweller of the deep is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 20:03   Link #2205
romari
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
The problem with Raki is that he is completely useless for battle (so are all the other humans, spanking regular yoma is not really a big achievement, plz care for the regular yoma ).
Then Yagi put Priscilla next to him, so basically he is furniture that is only at the series due to the fact that he needs to meet clare at some point...thats all about his purpose : to meet Clare (and hopefully die )

He cant defeat the Zombies
He cant defeat Riful or Dauf
He cant defeat Raciela
He cant defeat Alicia or Beth
He cant do anything but spank poor yoma (plz care for regular yoma )
romari is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 20:24   Link #2206
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller of the deep View Post
yeah, and that annoying habit of trying to save Clare, when she could eat his ass without even using her hands.

oh, and he's a crybaby. damn brat.
...........So?

Why is it so bad that he wants to help the woman who saved his life? Kids can't do half the things Adults can, they still want too.

Crybaby? Mind explaining situations where he cried needlessly? Please, by all means. I want to see where you think he deserves to be called a crybaby.

XD, people make excuses, excuses, and the same old ones and I still don't get them everytime I hear them.

Flat out, here's the truth: People hate Raki just because they do, their's no reason at all.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 20:45   Link #2207
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
So, you opinion is that because the first thing Raki killed was a Yoma, that makes him useless in a fight? Tell me again, what was the first thing Clare did in the first chapter. Teresa killed Yoma efortlessly. Raki killed a Yoma efortlessly. It just took him 4 strikes to do what Teresa could do with one. He migth not be as strong as that 6 armed AB but he is probrably above a Claymore #30
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 20:55   Link #2208
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
So, you opinion is that because the first thing Raki killed was a Yoma, that makes him useless in a fight? Tell me again, what was the first thing Clare did in the first chapter. Teresa killed Yoma efortlessly. Raki killed a Yoma efortlessly. It just took him 4 strikes to do what Teresa could do with one. He migth not be as strong as that 6 armed AB but he is probrably above a Claymore #30
You know what the funny part is? Although infinitely stronger monsters have appeared since then, not only do Yoma still remain the biggest threat to the Islanders, but Claire back then actually had trouble fighting normal Yoma.

Even though she's much stronger now, I think we have to keep this in mind when we consider where she is now, and where Raki is at the moment. He's finally strong enough to protect the girl he loves from what still remains the biggest threat on the continent, Yoma.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 21:31   Link #2209
dweller of the deep
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lisbon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
...........So?

Why is it so bad that he wants to help the woman who saved his life? Kids can't do half the things Adults can, they still want too.

Crybaby? Mind explaining situations where he cried needlessly? Please, by all means. I want to see where you think he deserves to be called a crybaby.

XD, people make excuses, excuses, and the same old ones and I still don't get them everytime I hear them.

Flat out, here's the truth: People hate Raki just because they do, their's no reason at all.

Of course there is. His personality. I hate it.

C'mon, he's a boy, even Clare didn't cry as much as he has when she was a kid. If you like him, go ahead, i don't care.

And oh yeah, Claire really needs protection from yoma now
__________________
I'm going from strange to stranger.
dweller of the deep is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 21:59   Link #2210
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller of the deep View Post
Of course there is. His personality. I hate it.

C'mon, he's a boy, even Clare didn't cry as much as he has when she was a kid. If you like him, go ahead, i don't care.

And oh yeah, Claire really needs protection from yoma now
Well a lot of people hated his early personality. Of course, now that he's a guy (and probably with six-pack abs ladies) of mature age and personality, I figure he'll redeem himself. Perhaps Yagi will even give the ladies some "fan-service" with an obligatory shirtless picture of him. Of course, that won't win over many of his male haters...

Well, whatever, we'll see how worthy of a character he is now. Wild-ass guesstimation of Raki's future: object of jealousy among Ghosts, who suddenly are reminded of their "spinster" (old, single female) status. Poor girls...all fighting and no guys to blow off steam with...but I'm sure Cid & Galk at least would be willing to rectify that situation.

Say, Galatea is still in Rabona isn't she?

@Dweller_of_the_deep & MisterJB: Seems we have a disproportionately large Portuguese population on this site...is manga really popular in Portugal? In Germany it was coming along, though not at US levels where I was.

Oh, and one more question. How is it that you guys can get one of your footballers sold for gargantuan sums of money and yet the US outranks you according to FIFA? ( http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html )
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Last edited by revan5; 2009-07-14 at 22:07. Reason: I just had to ask about Cristiano...
revan5 is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 22:02   Link #2211
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller of the deep View Post
Of course there is. His personality. I hate it.

C'mon, he's a boy, even Clare didn't cry as much as he has when she was a kid. If you like him, go ahead, i don't care.

And oh yeah, Claire really needs protection from yoma now
Roflmao, what's wrong with his personality? you don't like an empathetic little boy who doesn't care for the stereotypes and cruelty humans have towards "silver-eyed witches" and tries to protect the girl he cares about and now has grown into that experienced warrior?

Well, it's your choice .

Yeah.....he's a boy......your point?.....

Even Claire didn't cry as much? Why do you sound like he does nothing but cry all the time? Not to mention Claire never really cried because....well....Claire never really did much of anything as a child. We barely saw her and when we did, she was too busy trying to keep her mouth shut to do much of anything else.

List all the times Raki has cried; you'll be amazed to discover the list isn't as big as you're making it out to be

People who hate Raki are really stubborn
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-14, 23:17   Link #2212
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller of the deep View Post
Of course there is. His personality. I hate it.

C'mon, he's a boy, even Clare didn't cry as much as he has when she was a kid. If you like him, go ahead, i don't care.

And oh yeah, Claire really needs protection from yoma now
I've seen that said alot that Raki has cried more then Claire so I skimmed through volumes 3, 4, and 5. Without looking that hard there was 4 seperate instances of Claire crying. I really don't remember that many for Raki but I guess I'll have to go back and check.

I'm just gonna laugh when that sword Raki is hauling around turns out to be a big ass falcon sword. I'm gonna feel sorry for the first no name AB he comes up against cause it's gonna get ripped in half. The thing about any fight Raki is in from now on is, until his last fight, it's going to be a flawless victory because he has no superpowered healing to fall back on like everyone else.
OliverTwist is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 00:44   Link #2213
Chittery
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I think that the fact that he tries to save Clare is actually kind of cute.

Even if Clare ends up saving him most of the time, he's never completely useless. Like, every time he shows up in battle, it seems to tie into a development.
Chittery is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 06:11   Link #2214
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
if you're in a world where monsters rule supreme, of course a boy like raki would cry alot dammit! how would you people that hate raki so much would feel if you've been suddenly shrunk to half an inch and dropped into the insect world and see how'd you fare in that world.

chances are you'd be crying your hearts out more than him. would we hate you and laugh at you for that? no, i sure as hell ain't. raki is an amazing likable character and i like him because he's a human with a strong heart and is devoted to the person that saved his life on numerous occasions.
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 07:51   Link #2215
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Flat out, here's the truth: People hate Raki just because they do, their's no reason at all.
There's usually a reason for someone not to like a certain character. I for one don't like him same with dweller of the deep because yes, I think he is annoying

I do dislike the anime Raki more than the manga Raki but they're both Raki, both the same character who at times proves to be stubborn. He may be selfless at times and very caring for Clare but it's also a mix of foolishness and lack of tactics that just wants to make you say, "Geez is he stupid or what?"

I'm alright with his crying though. Heck, he wasn't even more than 12 I guess.
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 09:40   Link #2216
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
When people say that they don't like Raki because he cried, it's a pretty lame excuse. The anime Raki was annoying and a crybaby but the manga Raki is nothing of the kind.
All of the times he cried, there was a pretty good explanation for it. Except once.

1: He saw his uncle dead and his brother turning into a Yoma. He even attacked the Yoma before Clare saved him and he had to watch a living being getting sliced in half. After all of that, he cried.
C'mon he had just find out that all of his family had been slain by a Yoma. That would make everyone cry.

2: It was the same reason but also because his village had just abandoned him.

3: He saw the person he cared most in the world (Clare) killing a very dear friend. Ok, sorry Raki but that doesn't justify it. You shouldn't have cried then.

4: Clare was about to Awaken.
The person he loved the most in the world was about to turn into the same thing that had killed his family. It justifies itself.

5: A psychotic Claymore had just tried to chop him to bits (and he didn't complain because he didn't want to disturb Clare), a single digit Awakened Being had tried to eat and now Clare said that she had to leave him. And he only cried because of the Clare stuff.
Besides, that crying and complaining earned him some tongue action.

I want to see Raki joining the Ghosts. He needs to show them that not all man in the Continent are eitheir too afraid to touch them (how could someone say "No" to a MILF like Teresa?) or Awakened Beings.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 11:20   Link #2217
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
: He saw the person he cared most in the world (Clare) killing a very dear friend. Ok, sorry Raki but that doesn't justify it. You shouldn't have cried then.
Why not? It was perfectly fine that he cried then, it was a cruel wake-up call that the world around him is horrible and even invincible silver-eyed slayers end their lives tragically, and aren't heroes or anything that kill Yoma for the sake of humanities happiness.

Before the Yoma showed up, we can assume Raki lived a happy normal life. To have your family torn apart and kicked out of your own home, and then see what happened to Elena is too much.

I don't think people get the big picture: Raki cried when Elena died because, aside from that being horrific to watch(how many times have you seen someone kill another human being? especially your savior killing her friend?), he knew that would one day happen to Claire. Claire, the girl who saved his life was going to one day end up like Elena, and who knows, she might ask the person closest to her to finish her off, which would be him.

Many reasons explain why he cried and SHOULD have cried(because it would be extremely callous of him if he didn't show any reaction at all ): A cruel wake-up call, a horrible sign of things to come, the fact that he's watching a beautiful girl being killed in front of him by her friend......

It's like I said; He should have cried. To watch a human being be killed in front of his face like that, regardless of everything else, I would have been very surprised and kind of put off if he didn't have some sort of reaction . The hell kind of child sees something like this and just stands there?

Clarakiss and MisterJB however, you guys hit the nail right on the head

MisterJB, I don't even really remember the anime, but from what I do, he wasn't so bad there either. The thing is, it feels like a big difference because we know hear his crying rather then just seeing and reading about it silently in the manga, so it feels different.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-07-15 at 15:36.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 14:55   Link #2218
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
MisterJB, I don't even really remember the anime, but from what I do, he wasn't so bad there either. The thing is, it feels like a big difference because we know hear his crying rather then just seeing and reading about it silently in the manga, so it feels different.
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can excuse hugging Clare to stop her from killing Priscilla. I don't care if she was going to Awaken. That was insane.
__________________

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-07-15 at 15:11.
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 15:32   Link #2219
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can excuse hugging Clare to stop her from killing Priscilla. I don't care if she was going to Awaken. That was insane.
Roflmao, forgot that, but I guess that was pretty reckless. Still, what else could he do? He wanted to help Claire and he thought love was the answer, so he hugged her. Again, the kid is watching her slip away, he doesn't have many options.

And I don't think it was as much as wanting to save Priscilla, as much as wanting to save and stop Claire from awakening. I think people often misunderstand that. And yes, Claire fully awakening is a big deal
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-07-15, 16:10   Link #2220
romari
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I'm really considering adding priscilla to my doujin and ofcourse having her killed by Charlotte is a kickass scenario, maybe i get the opportunity and have Raki killed too (but i find the idea of drawing Raki too disgusting so its a no go)..its good to be in charge
romari is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.