AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-18, 19:11   Link #201
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just to let the Beta testers know we (as in Mion of Sonozaki Futagotachi) is currently inserting the text and the patch will be sent out to be tested whenever that's done.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:44   Link #202
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I was listening to system0 today, and I only just noticed what the lyrics at the beginning of it are saying.(Before I could only understand part of the second half of each line, but now I feel stupid for not noticing it.

"Believing oneself to be perfect is... often the sign of a delusional mind."
"Small words... from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand!"

I wonder if -45 is a trekkie, haha.

Now I need to watch that scene from First Contact and see how much more epic it is with this song in my head.

Also, I'll be ready whenever the patch is done.

VVV Yeah, it's a quote from Star Trek: First Contact.

Last edited by crazysjd89; 2008-03-20 at 20:48.
Old 2008-03-20, 20:23   Link #203
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
I was listening to system0 today, and I only just noticed what the lyrics at the beginning of it are saying.(Before I could only understand part of the second half of each line, but now I feel stupid for not noticing it.

"Believing oneself to be perfect is... often the sign of a delusional mind."
"Small words... from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand!"
Oh is that what the second line is? I got the first one, but I didn't have a clue about the second. Fits so well... especially in the scene it plays in.
Old 2008-03-26, 19:05   Link #204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well after seeing a few chapters of the manga this is looking pretty interesting.

Big props and thanks to those working on a patch. Not easy to learn the language and putting that to use for others benefit is nice thing.
Old 2008-04-13, 16:01   Link #205
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
The chinese group on other forums are releasing EP2 in a month
Then I can participate in the Ep2 discussion thread as well ^_^
Hopefully you guys can release it ASAP so I can introduce it to my classmates
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Ep4: Finished

Umineko no Naku Koro ni EP5: ...??

Accumulating 07th point -.-
Old 2008-05-27, 17:05   Link #206
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

I recently started on the chinese version of ep 2, but then I realized that I've never unlocked Bernkastel's character image. Can anyone tell me?
Edit: nevermind, found it. By the way, there's a summary of umineko at http://calamitousintents.wordpress.com/, it's not finished though

Last edited by Hypertaost; 2008-05-27 at 20:31.
Old 2008-05-27, 20:43   Link #207
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertaost View Post
I recently started on the chinese version of ep 2, but then I realized that I've never unlocked Bernkastel's character image. Can anyone tell me?
Edit: nevermind, found it. By the way, there's a summary of umineko at http://calamitousintents.wordpress.com/, it's not finished though
The summary at that site is horrible...
Old 2008-05-28, 04:05   Link #208
Meirin
Locked Girl

Ooh.. The Chinese patch for Ep2 is finally out? They kept their promise for a May release! I think I'll get started with it later today. Can't wait til more of Ep1 is out in English so that I can convince more people to give this game a chance.
Old 2008-05-28, 22:37   Link #209
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
The summary at that site is horrible...
I find it better and more explicit than the wikipedia one
Old 2008-06-01, 17:00   Link #210
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

I've already completed EP2~~~
Hmm, Beatrice you did a nice job, but you have to do better than that to make me give up!

Old 2008-06-26, 18:48   Link #211
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Exclamation Umineko EP 1 Demo!

Hi folks,

Looks like 07th Expansion has released a free demo version of Umineko EP 1, much like with Higurashi Onikakushi.

Shall we get together a script for patching it?

edit: Zounds, it's 383MB! I'd forgotten how much bigger Umineko is, compared to Higurashi

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-06-27, 00:14   Link #212
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Mion This is Madness O_O
What about the real thing ? T.T
I believe the English-only readers here are getting kinda pissed off about us talking these things that they don't understand quite yet

Old 2008-06-27, 05:05   Link #213
Ceath

Where can i get the chinese version of EP 2?
Old 2008-06-27, 07:18   Link #214
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Are we supposed to advertise here?
Ceath Message me and I will forward you the adress

Old 2008-09-11, 15:02   Link #215
Eryops

I finally got around to reading the translation of Legend of the Golden Witch. I quite liked it and thought it maintained tension quite well.

I tried second-guessing Ryukishi07 about what what really going on, but that merely resulted in me going in circles (e.g. 'X is too simple. But what if he knew we'd think it's too simple and did it because whe'd think that way? etc').

Most of the points I had thought of after finishing the VN have already been raised in this thread except for one:
Spoiler:

And now here's an off the wall theory I came up regarding the culprit:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-11, 15:35   Link #216
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I finally got around to reading the translation of Legend of the Golden Witch. I quite liked it and thought it maintained tension quite well.

I tried second-guessing Ryukishi07 about what what really going on, but that merely resulted in me going in circles (e.g. 'X is too simple. But what if he knew we'd think it's too simple and did it because whe'd think that way? etc').

Most of the points I had thought of after finishing the VN have already been raised in this thread except for one:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That's really interesting. With the letter in the bottle I had the same ideas when I first read it, I can't wait to find out the truth! ^.^

Old 2008-09-11, 19:59   Link #217
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Spoiler:

That sounded alright until the end where if you read ep2, there's this scene with worldenddominator that would blow your theory away.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:20   Link #218
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I thought the whole letter was really odd to when I read it since Maria seemed to already believe that everything was the witches doing.

But I agree with Rias, after playing through the second episode (before the rough script got taken down xD), that scence he mentioned would probably blow it away completely. All of ep.2 is just quite the crusher for ep.1 theories. (And ep.3 for like everything I've heard)

Also, heres a small thing I noticed when I played Ep.1. When the first letter was read at dinner, after they took of Kinzo's special wax seal, it mentioned that Hideyoshi quickly grabbed. I only noticed it because I knew some of the story beforehand so that stuck out to me. And now I'm wondering, that maybe if could be possible for them to make their own letter. But then...how would they get his envelopes.

But thats just something I thought I'd through out : D
Old 2008-09-12, 04:13   Link #219
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
That sounded alright until the end where if you read ep2, there's this scene with worldenddominator that would blow your theory away.
Don't worry; I didn't take that theory seriously either. I simply wanted to create a theory that has the high speed boat captain as a culprit and went from there.

Since it's set in 1985 maybe Ruykishi07 should have this incident be orchestrated by the KGB (e.g. Krauss' recent mysterious funds have been provided to him by the USSR in exchange for him providing intelligence on Japan that he gained through his connections. However he eventually demanded too much money and tried blackmailing them thus becoming a liability, so the KGB decided to eliminate him along with anyone that might have discovered this secret). Might as well take advantage of fact that the cold war is still taking place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Also, heres a small thing I noticed when I played Ep.1. When the first letter was read at dinner, after they took of Kinzo's special wax seal, it mentioned that Hideyoshi quickly grabbed. I only noticed it because I knew some of the story beforehand so that stuck out to me. And now I'm wondering, that maybe if could be possible for them to make their own letter. But then...how would they get his envelopes.
You mean reuse the was seal on a different letter? That would be a bit tricky I think, since you'd have to melt the back of the seal to stick it on the letter and that would be likely to distort the front of the seal an make it appear to have been tampered with.
Old 2008-09-12, 13:01   Link #220
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Finished episode 1 a while back, and I did find the story quite interesting. Can't deny it feels very different from higurashi, but sometimes I forget to not link them..
Oh, I'm so icthcing to start discussing theories :P also, just for the sake of some extra information, I've read the other epiosdes thread (can't hurt to try to confirm your theory, right?).

I agree with many things said here, but I'd like to focus on dismembering the mysteries presented in episode 1 not touched yet...
Let's just start with the obvious.

Spoiler for culprit?:

Spoiler for Maria's Beatrice:

Spoiler for Death of the six:

Spoiler for Kinzo's room:

Spoiler for Eva and Hideyoshi:

Spoiler for Kanon in the boiler room?:

Spoiler for Final letter from beatrice:

Spoiler for Natsuhi's Death:

Wow, huge text, though I'm not quite over yet, there are still two things I haven't seen anyone mention:

Spoiler for Butterflies:

Spoiler for Natsuhi:

well, this turned out to be quite a long post. I hope I made some sense :P
Closed Thread