AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-19, 12:35   Link #301
Marion
The Great Dine

The chapter usually ends with the glass shatter effect on the left corner of the game screen (at least that's what I think). After you complete the game you can go back and say you want to play episode 1 again. It'll ask you if you wanna go to a certain chapter and voila! You have a list of all chapters.

Spoiler for What you should get:

And yes, you don't get Bernkanstel's TIPs until the 2nd episode. After you finish the Hidden Tea Party you should get a list of TIPs, which will let you execute and resurrect characters. In the Hidden Tea Party you can execute and resurrect Bern too, if you want.

Also I think Witch-Hunt made an announcement on their website that the Episode 4 Music Box doesn't work yet with their translation patch, so that could be it too.
Old 2009-02-19, 13:36   Link #302
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The chapter usually ends with the glass shatter effect on the left corner of the game screen (at least that's what I think).
That is a generalty that cannot be applied all the time.
For instance, in Episode 1, there is no "border" or "shattered glass" transition between chapter 13 and 14. Only a black fade out.
There is no specific pattern, and you would rather need the chapter list and the script.

Quote:
And yes, you don't get Bernkanstel's TIPs until the 2nd episode. After you finish the Hidden Tea Party you should get a list of TIPs, which will let you execute and resurrect characters. In the Hidden Tea Party you can execute and resurrect Bern too, if you want.
There is a big misunderstanding here. there is no link between bern and the music box.
Also, bern does have a tips in episode 1, but the meta world doesn't appear in the main menu tips, weirdly enough.
Quote:
Also I think Witch-Hunt made an announcement on their website that the Episode 4 Music Box doesn't work yet with their translation patch, so that could be it too.
The issue isn't the same. The music box DOES appear, but we shut it its access for episode 4, because onscripter can't make it work properly.
In any case, music box is only unlocked when you finish the most recent episode of a game.

Hence, in ep 1 game, you would need to finish episode 1. Ep 2 => ep 2. Therefore, you must clear episode 4 (parties included) to unlock the music box.
Old 2009-02-19, 17:30   Link #303
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The chapter usually ends with the glass shatter effect on the left corner of the game screen (at least that's what I think). After you complete the game you can go back and say you want to play episode 1 again. It'll ask you if you wanna go to a certain chapter and voila! You have a list of all chapters.

Spoiler for What you should get:

Thank you very much. I didn't know they have that option if I restart an episode. It's a shame I can't access the music box but I'll look forward to finishing ep 2 to get the tea party.
Old 2009-02-22, 06:41   Link #304
HigurashinoUmineko

I have a sort of theory on the 1st twilight:

Spoiler for Episode 1: First Twilight:
Old 2009-02-28, 23:11   Link #305
Maria Ushiromiya
Uuu-!

This might be stupid but I'm confused...
So, I just finished Ep. 1 and all of the tea party stuff, and came here to read peoples' theories to help clear my confusion about
Spoiler for the twilights and tea party:

I hope that wasn't too rambling or anything. I bought the 4th game recently and will be able to play the next few games soon, so maybe I can understand it better then ^^;
Old 2009-02-28, 23:19   Link #306
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Ushiromiya View Post
This might be stupid but I'm confused...
So, I just finished Ep. 1 and all of the tea party stuff, and came here to read peoples' theories to help clear my confusion about
Spoiler for the twilights and tea party:

I hope that wasn't too rambling or anything. I bought the 4th game recently and will be able to play the next few games soon, so maybe I can understand it better then ^^;
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

There's two trains of thought here: the anti-fantasy (the ones that believe that all the murders were done by humans), and the anti-mystery (the ones that believe that the murders were done by supernatural means).

Supposedly, the ritual is to revive Beatrice, that implies that Beatrice is not 'alive', so someone else must be doing the killings for her. And if he/she really is doing the killings, he/she must have some magical knowledge to write the magical circles and be daunted by the scorpion charm.

On the other hand, the killer migth've done it as simple psychological warfare, trying to scare the survivors into thinking a witch is doing the killings to divert attention from his/herself.
Old 2009-03-01, 00:09   Link #307
Maria Ushiromiya
Uuu-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyan View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

There's two trains of thought here: the anti-fantasy (the ones that believe that all the murders were done by humans), and the anti-mystery (the ones that believe that the murders were done by supernatural means).

Supposedly, the ritual is to revive Beatrice, that implies that Beatrice is not 'alive', so someone else must be doing the killings for her. And if he/she really is doing the killings, he/she must have some magical knowledge to write the magical circles and be daunted by the scorpion charm.

On the other hand, the killer migth've done it as simple psychological warfare, trying to scare the survivors into thinking a witch is doing the killings to divert attention from his/herself.

Ahhh, yes. I completely overlooked that fact. Since Beatrice is going to be "revived" then she couldn't have been active until the 10th twilight, right? So that means that there was another doing the murders. So we don't know who exactly is doing all of this, but it can be sure that it wasn't Beatrice, is what you're saying?

I'm still not completely sure, but the anti-fantasy and anti-mystery helped me put things into perspective. Thanks ^^;
Old 2009-03-01, 00:26   Link #308
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Ushiromiya View Post
Ahhh, yes. I completely overlooked that fact. Since Beatrice is going to be "revived" then she couldn't have been active until the 10th twilight, right? So that means that there was another doing the murders. So we don't know who exactly is doing all of this, but it can be sure that it wasn't Beatrice, is what you're saying?

I'm still not completely sure, but the anti-fantasy and anti-mystery helped me put things into perspective. Thanks ^^;
You're welcome!

And yes, for this first EP I do think we can be completely sure that the murders are done by a human.
Old 2009-03-01, 06:59   Link #309
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm... even if i definitely agree with you i don't think Beatrice and Maria would agree ^^;

actually

Spoiler for episode 1 tea party:

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-03-01 at 07:48.
Old 2009-03-01, 13:25   Link #310
Marion
The Great Dine

I agree with Jan.

Spoiler for Beatrice:
Old 2009-03-01, 16:25   Link #311
Haruyan

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2009-03-01, 19:49   Link #312
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Anti-Fantasy:
Old 2009-03-01, 20:51   Link #313
Haruyan

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm not completely Anti-Fantasy myself, but that's the way it is.

Personally, I think Beatrice exists, but as a personalized concept. Like you said, she might be part of Battler's subconscious, trying to battle the suppose 'magic', and in that way, she does exist.
Old 2009-03-02, 04:38   Link #314
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Personally i think Beatrice exists as a human. But... well this is not the right topic to discuss about this.

Old 2009-05-24, 06:38   Link #315
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok yes I'm necroposting but this is the thread I should be doing it in. I've started Umineko a few days ago and so far I've pretty much abandoned all non-essential human functions in order to finish this ASAP. I'm about halfway in just after the garden storeroom scene (yes that scene) and I have a couple of questions I hope people could clarify:

Spoiler for Spoilerific material:
Old 2009-05-24, 07:04   Link #316
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for spoilerific answers ep1 halfway:
Old 2009-05-24, 07:11   Link #317
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-24, 08:40   Link #318
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou