AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-22, 09:11   Link #21
Traece
:cool:

Heh the 9 awakening moment reminded me a bit of both EVA and Side 7 from Mobile Suit Gundam. The Michael Jackson comment just made me laugh uncontrollably. Two centimeters too small was just a good laugh. Lastly, you can't help but feel sorry for the three employees who have done nothing but prepare themselves to do basically nothing for years... It's kind of funny too.
Poor 8 though, can't help but feel sorry for the guy.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:54   Link #22
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the first bit was cute with hayate nearly dodging the proverbial bullet that is forced cosplay.

And after that...sorry I blanked out abit there at the end because of next episodes preview...ummm...This episode was about a robot or some...such...thing...I am not obsessed about marias legs at all...honest...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 22:39   Link #23
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Again, a severe Hina deficiency keeps this episode from rating really high. But the thing with Maria's eyes was funny, as were many of the jokes. And Professor Shiori is adorable.

I don't really demand much in the way of plot from HnG, but you know this is one of the eps they wouldn't have made if it was only a 39 episode show. Still, it wasn't bad.
Old 2007-08-22, 23:00   Link #24
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
An excellent episode marred only by the lack of Hina (I'd have given it a perfect 10 if it wasn't because of the reason ), but nevertheless it still packs some great punch.

I just had myself grinning very wide at the Gaogaigar/Evangelion reference done by Prof. Shiori's team (and points for Eight's imaginary vision on Shiori -- neko-Shiori FTW )

And hurray for Tama, too.

@ Agent86: nice Hina signature you have there

EDIT:
Why did Shiori have to throw Eight away? I thought she would give him a chance to repent his mistakes.

Wow, I think Tama can qualify as an undercover agent. And he even saved Eight, too. lucky robot...

EDIT2:
What's up with Maria's legs service in the preview?

Last edited by USB500; 2007-08-22 at 23:32.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 23:40   Link #25
DonSuke

Boring fillers from the manga right?
Spoiler for Manga:
DonSuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 07:23   Link #26
Fudce
Nishizawa Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Boring fillers from the manga right?
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for Manga:

I enjoyed the episode, but my mind went blank too, the sight of Nishizawa sleeping, in that outfit, was just too adorable for me to take.
Old 2007-08-23, 08:54   Link #27
Echoes

I thought Nagi showed her adorable side a lot in this episode, she's just too cute when she tries to cover up her affection for Hayate. I also loved the scene where Maria was brushing her hair in Nagi's bedroom, and the following scenes where they were together in bed. It looked very peaceful and cute, not to mention Maria looking pretty damn good with her hair like that.

I didn't care much for the Eight story, so this episode was more about the little things for me, but that was more than enough to keep me watching.
Old 2007-08-23, 12:05   Link #28
Hyperius

Send a message via MSN to Hyperius
I liked the episode, I mean, it could've been better. It had its funny moments, its adorable moments, and so on, but it wasn't up to par with other episodes.

Still, I like 8 and his storyline. Feel bad for him, though.

Also, poor Nomnom-chan. :/
Hyperius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 19:52   Link #29
Telliamed
sensei no pet

I was mostly disappointed with the amusement park. Seems they cut the most significant joke, probably thought it was too frightening for impressionable young children. And the copyright censorship was rather annoying. (Although, the new girl is quite moe.)

The Tama fight was done well, especially how they rewrote it to account for the mangled timeline.

I don't think next week will be filler. The fishing I haven't seen, is it in a later volume? But I saw some scenes from volume 3 that deal with the plot a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Nagi looks good with a hat
Too bad she doesn't go out enough to use them more often
Makes her look taller.

.... Well, okay. It doesn't really. But if we tell her that, she'll probably wear it more often.

Quote:
I believe the voice actor for Shiori is Rina Satou.
She was everything I expected of Shiori.

Quote:
But I don't remember seeing an eva reference
Really? Thought it was pretty obvious myself. The launch assembly for Unit 09, the way it howled after destroying the targets, and when it jumped in the air to attack Eight.

The blue round mascot thing is the same as a couple of the statues from earlier episodes. Still have no idea what it is.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:55   Link #30
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I enjoyed the episode, it had its good parts.

Tama was one of the better characters this e, always enjoy his parts. and finally got to find out about that scientist.

and whats with nursing robots they got enough firepower to start WW3?!
Old 2007-08-23, 19:57   Link #31
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Again, a severe Hina deficiency keeps this episode from rating really high. But the thing with Maria's eyes was funny, as were many of the jokes. And Professor Shiori is adorable.

I don't really demand much in the way of plot from HnG, but you know this is one of the eps they wouldn't have made if it was only a 39 episode show. Still, it wasn't bad.
I'll agree with Agent86 on this one. No Hina = low rating and short discussion thread.

I did really enjoy the Eva reference. I thought it was hilarious. And the various other references that I can't remember off the top of my head like dbz. This was definitely an episode that they could have done without since it really contributes nothing to plot. Not to mention I never liked Eight anyways. Or is 8.1 now?
Old 2007-08-24, 00:19   Link #32
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I'll agree with Agent86 on this one. No Hina = low rating and short discussion thread.

I did really enjoy the Eva reference. I thought it was hilarious. And the various other references that I can't remember off the top of my head like dbz. This was definitely an episode that they could have done without since it really contributes nothing to plot. Not to mention I never liked Eight anyways. Or is 8.1 now?
Bashing Eight and praising Hina in one post? BLASPHEMY! Meh it's not like I have anything against her, it's just that I hate when a show starts centering around a supporting character (Or main character if you like her so much).
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 00:26   Link #33
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

What you talking about guys? Sakuya=Win :P xD
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 00:42   Link #34
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Bashing Eight and praising Hina in one post? BLASPHEMY! Meh it's not like I have anything against her, it's just that I hate when a show starts centering around a supporting character (Or main character if you like her so much).
What's wrong with bashing Eight? He's just annoying.

What's wrong with centering around a supporting character anyways? Besides, according to Wikipedia, "even though Hinagiku was originally intended to be a sub heroine when she was first introduced, there have been many instances where she was treated like a main heroine."
Old 2007-08-24, 08:22   Link #35
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
we like hina what about it. We hate 8 what about it i still think of him as a recycled character
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 11:26   Link #36
anselfir
Style Über Alles

8's design is ridiculously ugly, must be a parody or a homage, else it is just ridiculous.
Old 2007-08-24, 11:32   Link #37
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
I was mostly disappointed with the amusement park. Seems they cut the most significant joke, probably thought it was too frightening for impressionable young children. And the copyright censorship was rather annoying. (Although, the new girl is quite moe.)
I agree. I was disappointed too. It wasn't as funny as it was in the manga.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
The blue round mascot thing is the same as a couple of the statues from earlier episodes. Still have no idea what it is.
No idea but it does look similar.
The pink chicken is Ganmo from GuGu Ganmo.
Old 2007-08-24, 11:45   Link #38
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
What's wrong with bashing Eight? He's just annoying.

What's wrong with centering around a supporting character anyways? Besides, according to Wikipedia, "even though Hinagiku was originally intended to be a sub heroine when she was first introduced, there have been many instances where she was treated like a main heroine."
Well if that's the case then I'm fine with it.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 20:47   Link #39
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
8's design is ridiculously ugly, must be a parody or a homage, else it is just ridiculous.
If it is, does anyone know of what parody or what homage it is to.
Old 2007-08-25, 08:04   Link #40
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
If it is, does anyone know of what parody or what homage it is to.
If you'll look back at old cartoons (I think specifically of Warner Brother ones), the future for 1990 or 2000 was that homes would have robot servants in them that looked similar to Eight in design (the 1948 short House Hunting Mice if you are looking for a specific title). I suspect that is part of Eight's character design influence. The anime itself seems to be a nod back to the old animators like Tex Avery (this anime would make him proud when it comes to comedy since he was a master of those unexpected moments) among others.

I've got a list of references that I could find at the bottom of my review here. I'm always looking for those who can point out the references I miss. Despite having watched a fair amount of anime, there's tons of stuff I've yet to see.