AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-28, 14:32   Link #61
DangerMouse

I hope that's because only one episode has been subbed so far and the releases don't seem to be consistent since the third has already aired. Given that the other big shows have gotten more regular releases in the same time frame I wonder how many regular fans who don't keep track of what's coming even know this show exists yet or know who it's by. If not, I agree that's it's too bad, whether or not it ultimately reaches some of FMA's more mature elements it still looks fun and given the large cast and the author I wouldn't be surprised if this show has some surprising twists later on.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-10-28 at 19:40.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:27   Link #62
DangerMouse

Back to the show.

Since Episode 3 was mostly dialogue I'll wait until I can understand the storyline to comment on it and move on to episode 4, which IMO looks fantastic from the production end, at least as good as the first to me. So considering that we haven't even hit what will no doubt be some rather intense fighting later, if this is the range and it continues to be applied appropriately, then I'm quite pleased with the production values and I'm enjoying the soundtrack.

At this point, unless something goes awry, it seems that the director is being very smart with his budget and is rather skilled at how to show things. If this show ends up in the 50-ish ep range this is very encouraging as I haven't felt any excessive cheapness in the scenes that don't quite reach these heights. The fight scenes this time that required some smooth martial arts and weapon swings for each of the characters as well as other scenes featuring a good amount of character movement got some very nice attention here and some rather nice special effects. Also, this episode, like the first featured a lot of "follow-through" shots of the movement and fight hits with entire sequences playing out in motion on screen (from lead in, to actual hit, to results). Another thing that was quite apparent in this episode is that I really thought the color design work on the character/background art has stayed consistently sharp (this is even on the non-HD raw that's around right now).

I'm looking forwards to reading everyone's reaction to this one, because I think this one really put it all together again.

Ryuukou had some very cool action throughout and Laila did indeed get to smack down a grunt which was nice to see.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-10-29 at 05:17.
Old 2007-10-29, 05:51   Link #63
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
This series seems to be totally ignored...too bad.
You're telli'in me! Where the hell is episode 3! The site that usually blogs it hasn't! This really pisses me off since it was the premire episode for Housei and i loved him in the manga! This is complete bull sh*t!
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 09:45   Link #64
Karnot
Banned

Woo, episode 2 subs are out !
Praise the Kuro-Hana, believers !
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:45   Link #65
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reminder, just in case anyone forgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
While this series has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Juushin Enbu downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Juushin Enbu.
  • Asking for playback help for Juushin Enbu episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 16:08   Link #66
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
ep 2 is finally subbed
Laila is one strong girl to go up against Hagun
looking forward to the next episode with that guy in blue
Old 2007-11-06, 02:41   Link #67
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku Send a message via Skype™ to Koroku
So I just watched episode 3 today.

Still not very impressed with the series, at all. It's seeming really generic shounen, and the star references are boring me.

Maybe it'll get better as it goes on, but right now I'm not very excited for the series.

Housei in ep4 looks like he could be fun though
Old 2007-11-07, 03:27   Link #68
DangerMouse

Episode 3 definitely felt like one of those usual "transition episodes." Atleast it had a decent character introduction (that played out pretty nicely), though I look forwards to his real one, and the friendship growth for Taitou and Ryuukou (I'd spoiler tag that but it's not really spoilerific since these are part of the ep preview and I didn't say anything more specific than that) so atleast it wasn't as bad as a filler ep, but definitely the weakest of the first three episodes, and not particularly exciting. Even though I've only seen it raw so far I really liked the balance of everything in episode 4, as I said earlier I think it really put everything together again.

I personally like the "stars" thing, perhaps because as a huge JRPG fan it reminds me of one of my favorite game series, Suikoden and it's "108 Stars of Destiny".

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-11-07 at 04:18.
Old 2007-11-15, 21:25   Link #69
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku Send a message via Skype™ to Koroku
Episode 4 was... better. But I still don't really care for the series all that much. It's a come-or-go kinda thing.

But at least we didn't have to see Taitou nearly naked again. >_>
Old 2007-11-18, 20:06   Link #70
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
But at least we didn't have to see Taitou nearly naked again. >_>
Yeah. If there's going to be anymore fanservice Arakawa should give those of us in the male audience something for a change to balance out all the stuff she's given herself and her female audience.
Old 2007-12-31, 12:16   Link #71
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

You'd think that this show would have more watchers, considering it's ties to Full Metal Alchemist.

Am I allowed to say that?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 09:07   Link #72
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Is any fansub group interested in picking up this anime? Only 14 episodes were subbed so far and it seems the original fansub group stopped working in it.

Thanks
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:56   Link #73
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

It'll be finished.
Old 2009-06-23, 16:32   Link #74
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
It'll be finished.

LOL, not that anyone cared to think about it in the interim….

Wow, guess I’m the only person in anime-community that finished this one…Yeah it took what seemed like forever, and honestly after a point I was just watching to finish something I started…In the end, the final fight had some nice production, but ultimately the Hagun won in total inexplicable fashion…I mean he just WTFBBQ powered up after getting his a$$ destroyed all battle, and he defeated the Torou dude or whatever while he was @ his most incredible power-up ever…No explanations other than the fate of the stars musta been on his side, and the basic fight for your friends whateverness…Oh well, anotha one bites the dust…This show really started off kinda cool, but in the end it’s just another show…
Old 2009-06-23, 22:27   Link #75
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I love this anime, I wish they'd finish subbing it and release a new episode. I can't find any raws anymore.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:09   Link #76
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Yeah, I saw the last of it fansubbed recently as well. For me, the show never recaptured that certain "something" from Ep 1---though part of that was probably me projecting my dreams of SOMETHING to fill the void that exists to me on there never having been a Red Hawk TV series or anything to continue past the Movie in terms of this flavor of martial arts epic.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:44   Link #77
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
I love this anime, I wish they'd finish subbing it and release a new episode. I can't find any raws anymore.
Um...it IS finished...Painfully slow, but finally all subbed...
Old 2009-06-24, 19:48   Link #78
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Um...it IS finished...Painfully slow, but finally all subbed...
Wha--? How come I can't find 'em? Nevermind. It's illegal here to ask for that, ne? Thanks. Sweet.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 18:47   Link #79
Connavar

Those in this thread who have read this manga is Arakawa one of the writers and not just the artist ? Is it half as good FMA ?

She is my fav shonen mangaka and i plan to read the manga when i saw it was licensed and with her art. Group writing or not i like her art,writing.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote