AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 21.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 11.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-22, 15:21   Link #41
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't remember her saying THAT... well it may be implied but she never really says it. Was that from a sub ? If it is would you mind posting the few subbed lines from that scene ?
Spoiler for subbed picutres of Koto and Makoto (kinda big):

Here you go, two pictures of the conversation. It was a fansub by m.3.3.w, I've really got no idea how accurate it is myself. I was too lazy to resize the images, so they're sort of big, I apologize.
Old 2007-08-22, 15:57   Link #42
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Spoiler for subbed picutres of Koto and Makoto (kinda big):

Here you go, two pictures of the conversation. It was a fansub by m.3.3.w, I've really got no idea how accurate it is myself. I was too lazy to resize the images, so they're sort of big, I apologize.
Thanks, I appreciate it

Ok, I don't claim to be an expert in Japanese, and I'm sure there will always be differences in interpretation when it comes to translation, but from what I can hear, it should be something like -

Kotonoha - You want to touch them don't you
Kotonoha - Inside [as in inside bra or uniform], I'll let you touch them directly.
Makoto - DIRECTLY !?

The fact "directly" (jikani) is emphasized indicates (to me) that she's talking about her breasts, not "down there", given how far Makoto has gotten with her in the past. Maybe the fansubbers interpreted "inside" as "down there"... I don't know...

Like I said... I'm not an expert in Japanese, so I can only point out something I think MAY be incorrect with what I know. If someone who knows Japanese with confidence can offer input on this, I'd appreciate it.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:09   Link #43
Echoes

No problemo.

Either case could make sense at this point, though Makoto reaction does seem to indicate that she offered something he didn't expect. Might just be the shock from actually hearing Kotonoha say something of this caliber, though.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:29   Link #44
Traece
:cool:

Well no matter what it is, in the end she's using her body to win Ikuto back! Way to show some intiative in the ENTIRELY WRONG way Kotonoha! *Disapproval stamp, tears of sadness.*
Could be worse though!
But, if I went on about what could be worse I think I might be warned.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:37   Link #45
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it

Ok, I don't claim to be an expert in Japanese, and I'm sure there will always be differences in interpretation when it comes to translation, but from what I can hear, it should be something like -

Kotonoha - You want to touch them don't you
Kotonoha - Inside [as in inside bra or uniform], I'll let you touch them directly.
Makoto - DIRECTLY !?

The fact "directly" (jikani) is emphasized indicates (to me) that she's talking about her breasts, not "down there", given how far Makoto has gotten with her in the past. Maybe the fansubbers interpreted "inside" as "down there"... I don't know...

Like I said... I'm not an expert in Japanese, so I can only point out something I think MAY be incorrect with what I know. If someone who knows Japanese with confidence can offer input on this, I'd appreciate it.
Chewy, I heard the same thing you did, and came to the conclusion she is speaking of her breasts.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:48   Link #46
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Regarding the lounge.

Why do I get a bad feeling about?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-22, 16:50   Link #47
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Boring episode, nothing really happened and it kind of dragged. Its kind of pointless and I am beginning to get fed up with all the characters now. I hope this doesn't drag out like this until the end when he either chooses someone or theres no one left to choose.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:54   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Regarding the lounge.

Spoiler:
I will breath a sign of relief if that is the worst they plan to do.
Old 2007-08-22, 17:47   Link #49
Zeira

Koto has done some dumb things agree. But I am not going to take major points away from her for what she did. IRL girls have done stupid thinsg to get male attention.

I am not saying it is right, but Sekai did the same thing to get mako attenion, ironically. She only hit his 'romantic; radar after she started offering herself... and then to no ones surpirse.. he started to like her more.

Setsuna.. man.. damn.. too many thoughts on her. I viewed her as the more rounded character. On one hand, I didn't think she would accept what has been going on, and might even feel sympathy for koto. However, it turned out to be the complete opposite. At least they explain why she goes about thinsg the way she does. Regardless if she feels somethign for mako or not, she wants her friend to have someone to rely on when she is gone..

Though.. random thought.. it is like karma.. Sekai betrayed koto, even though she was supposed to ber her friend. I wonder how Sekai will feel if she finds out her best friend kissed her BF. The situation may not be as severe, but it is like a karmic debt coming around to bite her in the A**
Old 2007-08-22, 18:02   Link #50
mgslee

It would've added more drama with Sekai caught the two at the end and not Koto...

At this point Koto is just being sand bagged and doesn't know she should quit this obsession of hers.

Atleast Mokato knows hes a terrible person after the train ride, but even still this is just getting ridiculous beyond any hope.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:15   Link #51
flashmagi

i think watching school days has become a chore now that i have to resist the urge to punch the screen in whenever makoto appears. i couldnt resist when makoto said that line to taisuke about "men and women connections" about him and koto.

i was really confused when sekai asked makoto what they should do. why the hell would she ask the idiot, the total relationship newb, on what to do? she's been calling him idiot on his stupid actions from the beginning, so just cuz she had sex her entire philosophy changes?

i see bad omens about otome's lounge. i thought they were just gonna slack off in there, but high school girls hosting a private sex area during the festival just spells all sorts of bad repercussions. or maybe its a chance for otome to get punished later.

i think koto is doing the right thing to get with makoto. its definitely morally wrong, but it will work just because makoto only thinks with his crotch anyways. the only times he's paid attention to her is when her cleavage is showing, so if she wants to win him back she has to give what sekai is offering.

however, i think setsuna just serves to push makoto in the sekai direction. her summary of the situation is very accurate and puts him on the spot, then she guilts him into staying with sekai. the kiss just serves to repel koto in the long run.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:23   Link #52
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Regarding the lounge.

Spoiler:
I agree,the fact that Otome and co were absent during the episode gives me a really bad feeling.

I"m kinda pissed that Setsuna is both leaving and also has a crush on Makoto now. I was hoping she would keep Makoto in check, if anyone could see Makoto for what he really is (an uncaring pervert) it's Setsuna. My opinion of her is way down now. Although it was interesting when Kotonoha walked in on that kiss. Poor Koto,everyone's moving in on her guy!

Also there's a powerful scene that really represents the whole episode. When the tea fell, Makoto's first reaction is to get naughty and tell Sekai to forget the rea,while Sekai wanted to clean it up right away. And this is really what happened this episode, Makoto still didn't do anything about his relationship with Kotonoha while Sekai is trying to find a way to fix things(of course a way that doesn't involve her losing Makoto).

And then Kotonoha,who just as I had predicted decided to play Sekai's game by playing the slutty card. Let's see how far that gets her though
Old 2007-08-22, 18:42   Link #53
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

HAHAHAHA that setsuna kiss scene was really unespected,it can be call "god punishment toward makoto scene"
Old 2007-08-22, 18:46   Link #54
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Chewy, I heard the same thing you did, and came to the conclusion she is speaking of her breasts.
Hey thanks, good to know I'm not crazy

And I know it's not that big a difference, but their translation makes Kotonoha seem like an even bigger whore than she's supposed to be, and I like Kotonoha too much to let them do that !
Old 2007-08-22, 19:05   Link #55
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
That was a turn out of nowhere... they pulled the Setsuna Summer Days scenario and placed it at the most interesting time.

And thus more was added to Kotonoha's mess of problems. Is it time for her to snap yet?
Yea they're going to make the Summer Days anime too. Setsuna is the heroine in that one.

Makoto even says hes "the worst." Its funny because hes trying to pull away from Kotonoha, but the promise of tang lures him in like a fish after a worm on a hook.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-08-22, 20:31   Link #56
mpt37

Spoiler for ep8:
Old 2007-08-22, 21:04   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Married

The only redeemation Makoto will fine is at the end point of a knief.
Old 2007-08-22, 21:44   Link #58
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Woah...the end of that episode was superbad. Superbad is good btw just in case people think it means bad as in poopie or garbage. I was like

"Holy Crap I knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later!"

Spoiler:

Old 2007-08-22, 22:35   Link #59
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIT or MISS View Post
Woah...the end of that episode was superbad. Superbad is good btw just in case people think it means bad as in poopie or garbage. I was like

"Holy Crap I knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later!"

Spoiler:
[joke]Idk know what ur talking about but Kotonoha is MY angel. [/joke]

Well I was the opposite, I knew Setsuna had feelings for Makoto. However, I didn't think Setsuna would lose control and kiss Makoto. As for Kotonoha, I saw that one coming (no pun intended).

As for Superbad. I want to see that movie so bad. I even have a Eurobeat song named "Superbad" lol.
Old 2007-08-22, 23:36   Link #60
DonSuke

Makoto always wants to deal with things later, like the spilled tea. But if you don't fix it fast enough it will make a stain.
Damn Makoto, he needs to learn to read between the line.

Setsuna's kiss was unexpected, but I think Kotonoha's reaction will be diffent whether she knows Makoto was asleep or not.
Closed Thread