AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2011-01-24, 01:29   Link #2521
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's not a fact, Cutler is staying in Chicago. All of his teammates and coaches had his back after the game.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 02:11   Link #2522
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Cutler will come out stronger from this.
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 02:15   Link #2523
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
That's not a fact, Cutler is staying in Chicago. All of his teammates and coaches had his back after the game.
But the fans ain't gonna stand by him If he keeps making mediocre performances.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 04:58   Link #2524
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
But the fans ain't gonna stand by him If he keeps making mediocre performances.
True. For better or worse the Bears are stuck with him for at least another year I'd like to think. They can't really dump him at this point (especially when his teammates are behind him), but at the same time if I was a Bears fan I wouldn't feel that confident with Cutelr as my quarterback especially if my team makes the playoffs. I mean this was as good as the Bears could hope for. Home field advantage in the NFC Championship game. Doesn't get easier than that. And Cutler couldn't get it done. He looked terrible. The defense didn't play that great, but they kept the team in the game. If the offense was clicking they probably would have had a decent shot at winning. Another receiving threat might help...as in a true wide receiver, but at the same time I don't think that will save the Bears from Jay Cutler's inconsistent play.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 12:47   Link #2525
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
He has two weeks to shape up his performance..
I think he will. Harrison and Woodley will be coming after him but I just don't feel the Steelers have the DBs to cover Jennings and Co. Polamalu and Ike are good but everyone else is very beatable.
Old 2011-01-24, 15:57   Link #2526
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Remember guys, this will take place in a dome and not in frigid weather, and Rodgers is usually Godgers on artificial turf. It'll be interesting to see how the Steelers gameplan and vice versa.
Old 2011-01-24, 21:06   Link #2527
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ugh, so bummed out the Jets loss, that was my main team left T_T...The Superbowl media day was gonna be sooooooo EPIC, now we'll have to watch 20 Rothlisberger reformed raepist stories...God the Jets were gonna make this such a fun an new S'bowl...Now it's the title-town vs. Steeltown bull$hitt all week ...

As for the Jay Cutler $hit, that mofo played in the SEC, for VANDERBILT! Do you understand how many times you get your a$$ crushed at the QB position, in the SEC, at VANDERBILT?! You gotta be tuff...And add on the fact that this dude has type-1 freaking Diabetes as a QB (He just found this out 2 years ago)...

Now Jay Cutler IS an a$$hole...Jay Cutler LOOKS like a bitter-beerface spokesperson...Jay Cutler HAS terrible body language...Jay Cutler NEEDS to hire a PR firm like "The Cape" needs to be canceled, but I doubt seriously that he's a wuss...He's just dumb (His media savvy skills), and we should feel sorry for dumb people not castrate them...
Old 2011-01-24, 21:07   Link #2528
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I think he will. Harrison and Woodley will be coming after him but I just don't feel the Steelers have the DBs to cover Jennings and Co. Polamalu and Ike are good but everyone else is very beatable.
Their front seven will make their secondary look good though. Although the last time these two teams met they couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers at all.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-01-24, 21:16   Link #2529
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
As for the Jay Cutler $hit, that mofo played in the SEC, for VANDERBILT! Do you understand how many times you get your a$$ crushed at the QB position, in the SEC, at VANDERBILT?! You gotta be tuff...And add on the fact that this dude has type-1 freaking Diabetes as a QB (He just found this out 2 years ago)...

Now Jay Cutler IS an a$$hole...Jay Cutler LOOKS like a bitter-beerface spokesperson...Jay Cutler HAS terrible body language...Jay Cutler NEEDS to hire a PR firm like "The Cape" needs to be canceled, but I doubt seriously that he's a wuss...He's just dumb (His media savvy skills), and we should feel sorry for dumb people not castrate them...
It was reported that after Cutler said "No comment" when a reporter told him about players questioning his toughness, he turned his back to the reporters and started to cry. I think Jay Cutler is a punk, but I actually felt sorry for him a bit when I heard that. I can understand being withheld by the training staff, I guess, but Cutler has this knack of looking tuned out when things get tough. Just look at him after he throws an interception, he just walks of the field with his head down like a child that just got punished by his mama.
Old 2011-01-24, 22:45   Link #2530
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
...but Cutler has this knack of looking tuned out when things get tough. Just look at him after he throws an interception, he just walks of the field with his head down like a child that just got punished by his mama.
Remember Aaron Brooks for the Saints? Before Drew Bress was shattering the record books, AB was #1 in nearly every statistical category for QBs here, but he never won the fans over because he would smile too much after making a mistake...It's the same thing with Cutler, perception is reality, especially when you got grown men Twittering gossip on him worst than desperate housewives...Cutler basically acted the same way when he threw for 4,000 yards in Denver and went to the probowl...But when you lose it ain't the same...That's why he needs a PR firm to get his act together..It's sad but that's what's needed in 2011...
Old 2011-01-24, 23:01   Link #2531
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Cutler isn't a terrible quarterback. He isn't weak. But I seriously doubt he's Superbowl material and I don't think Chicago will win one with him leading the show. Haine looked far mor convincing - Culter lacks evasion and the ability to manufacture yardage against top defenses.

Jets - sigh, they always start poorly and they gave away too much too early. Sanchez did a lot of good things but he made basic mistakes that can't be made at that level. The Jets are not far off from going the next step, but they need to be more consistent throughout a game rather than rally late all the time. And they need a more consistent running game - it just never clicked against the top teams and left too much on Sanchez's shoulders.

So it's super D and passing vs super D and running. I'm not siding with either team for this Superbowl. May it be a good game and the best team win. Although part of me would like to see Pittsburgh win so Big Ben can take some of Tom Brady's sheen off.
Old 2011-01-24, 23:34   Link #2532
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
You make a good point.

I don't question Cutler's toughness. The guy played 15 games and was the most sacked Qb(52) this year. 12 more than Flacco(40), who was second. The Bears O-line needs some serious work and better WRs wouldn't hurt.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:37   Link #2533
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Cutler isn't a terrible quarterback. He isn't weak. But I seriously doubt he's Superbowl material and I don't think Chicago will win one with him leading the show. Haine looked far mor convincing - Culter lacks evasion and the ability to manufacture yardage against top defenses.
LMAO, you know who is Superbowl material?

Spoiler for drumroll:
Old 2011-01-24, 23:41   Link #2534
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I prefer this picture.
Spoiler:
So sexy.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:26   Link #2535
Animonger
Gama-Bunta

Send a message via AIM to Animonger Send a message via MSN to Animonger
I feel bad for Cutler too. Having someone question you after it was confirmed pretty quickly that you injured yourself to the point of no return...Urlacher should have busted some heads at the press conference.
Old 2011-01-25, 11:58   Link #2536
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
and we should feel sorry for dumb people not castrate them...
Wait, what?!

I very much beg to differ

Anyhoo, yeah, the whole detachment thing is the reason that Donovan McNabb got booed out of Philly (though in hindsight, for the better ). Maybe now that the Skins think he stinks, Reid can re-sign him as a backup to Vick

But I for one am happy that the trash-talkers got TRASHED.
Old 2011-01-25, 12:24   Link #2537
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Anyhoo, yeah, the whole detachment thing is the reason that Donovan McNabb got booed out of Philly (though in hindsight, for the better ). Maybe now that the Skins think he stinks, Reid can re-sign him as a backup to Vick

But I for one am happy that the trash-talkers got TRASHED.
Same here, McNabb come back to philly.

As for the Jets, heck yea. Passion or not they were annoying with all the trash talking. Not to mention how a bunch of pricks they were with their polar oppossite attitudes about the Patriots and Steelers. So they have nothing but disrespect for the Patriots and then nothing but respect for the Steelers, please. You can show extreme passion without dissrespecting your opponents.

I'm also glad I don't have to listen to Cromartie cursing up a storm in every interview for a while, oh wait what am I saying he continued to run his mouth with remarks about Cutler. The guy never tones it down.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2011-01-25 at 12:36.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 13:00   Link #2538
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Their front seven will make their secondary look good though. Although the last time these two teams met they couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers at all.
I'd love to see game like the one in '09.
Old 2011-01-25, 14:58   Link #2539
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animonger View Post
I feel bad for Cutler too. Having someone question you after it was confirmed pretty quickly that you injured yourself to the point of no return...Urlacher should have busted some heads at the press conference.
You know, if Cutler had just kept his mouth shut the majority of his career, the heat might not be so bad at this point. But after questioning the firing of Shanahan (which was justified) the clash with McDainels resulting in a request for a trade, and all this hoopla in Chicago added to his inconsistent play, every little thing is going to be put under a microscope.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-01-28, 13:32   Link #2540
Samari
World's Greatest

Was this posted yet? If not, enjoy.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports