AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 23:38   Link #2821
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Now Yahoo made an exclusive breaking news article regarding Miami scandal, whoo boy this is seriously stuff and I don't think animesuki isn't going to contend this enough.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...enefits_081611

Spoiler for 1 of 3 Miami scandal:

Spoiler for 2 of 3 Miami Scandal:

Spoiler for Miami scandal 3 of 3:

Spoiler for Names who are involved Miami scandal:

I have nothing to say about this really
i got something to say about that,

If the Univ of Miami doesn't get a Death Penalty for this, then I will wonder if the NCAA is bunch of fools right now.
Old 2011-08-17, 00:20   Link #2822
solomon

If it's true and it sticks.....

It's gonna be ugly and a shame for Al Golden's rebuilding effort. As a former Philly resident, I really appreciate the miracle he performed at Temple.

On the other hand with the crap both Da U and UNC are likely to be dealing with for a while, it'll make it easier for Virginia to get back to the top.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 01:57   Link #2823
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6869378

Sounds like the teaser promo for a TV series. Feel really bad for Al Golden.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:14   Link #2824
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I feel really bad for Al. He got dropped into a really bad spot.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:49   Link #2825
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
If it's true and it sticks.....

It's gonna be ugly and a shame for Al Golden's rebuilding effort. As a former Philly resident, I really appreciate the miracle he performed at Temple.

On the other hand with the crap both Da U and UNC are likely to be dealing with for a while, it'll make it easier for Virginia to get back to the top.
Cannot comprehend on how the NCAA will put this against Miami, I mean it affects everything from this program. Possibly we may have to see the end of Miami football program in ten years sooner.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:08   Link #2826
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Cannot comprehend on how the NCAA will put this against Miami, I mean it affects everything from this program. Possibly we may have to see the end of Miami football program in ten years sooner.
Plus it can open the expansion gate way open, since the ACC needs another team to replace them if that happens.
Old 2011-08-17, 10:23   Link #2827
NoLongerSane

Well after reading the Yahoo Sports investigation report and looking up what is the NCAA death penalty, it pretty much almost academic that this type of punishment is going to be handed down to the University of Miami progam. The question is how long the duration of the death penalty.
Old 2011-08-17, 12:44   Link #2828
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Plus it can open the expansion gate way open, since the ACC needs another team to replace them if that happens.

Nah, SMU still stayed in the SWC and now C-USA despite it's hammering.

Other programs just have to step it up. The conference gorging is gonna be more sluggish than people expect or want. And politics and TV contracts loom large. The loss of Miami can be overcome if you just have another program come up and be a regular 25 team. FSU/Florida already have a decent penetration in South Florida anyways.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:02   Link #2829
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If a Death Penalty was to occur, Miami would probably stay with the ACC since all of it's sports are associated with the ACC. Miami may save themselves from the Death Penalty on the basis that all the Front Office/coaching staff that was named isn't even involved with program anymore and if they take swift action by cleaning out the roster of those named until they are cleared.

When SMU was hit with the Death Penalty, the Board of Governors was still paying off players despite assuring the NCAA that it was no longer taking place after being caught and penalized with postseason bans the first time they got caught and being on probation at the time of the 2nd scandal.
Old 2011-08-17, 18:39   Link #2830
solomon

Damn score one for fact and logic, Dilla.

I love how NONE of the media is pointing that out........they are just as bad in all of this.
Old 2011-08-17, 19:52   Link #2831
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Not surprised at all by this scandal. I was hoping for a Hurricane resurgence in a year or two. That may not happen for a good while now.
Old 2011-08-17, 21:32   Link #2832
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I think it's hilarious how much better the SEC is at hiding stuff than the ACC...
Old 2011-08-17, 22:06   Link #2833
Tetra Vaal
Banned

And people wonder why I don't like discussing NCAA football-- 'cause as much as I love football in general, the NCAA is garbage. They have no one to answer to and they allow scandals like this to happen. There is no integrity in NCAA football right now. It's almost worse than the NBA.

NFL all the way til' the NCAA finally restore balance, fairness, rules, and MORALS.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 22:17   Link #2834
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I think it's hilarious how much better the SEC is at hiding stuff than the ACC...
That is pretty funny.

Although ioono. I think the indictment of the ACC brand comes back more the silliness at UNC. A true ACC blue blood.

Miami is Miami it's a different beast. Although the ACC is screwed by association.

The guy who directed that reportedly great documentary called "The U" says that this is par for the course in University of Miami football department behavior and he likens it to just one example of the larger tapestry of South Florida's more seedy cultural underbelly.

Oh well, one less headache for Virgina. I swear if UVA ever got caught doing anything even in the remote vicinity of what other schools have done, the University would likely shut down the football program ON IT'S OWN.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:36   Link #2835
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The SEC can fake-police itself so much better than the other conferences, and the Good ole' boy network is so much deeper than 1 or 2 guys giving money to players...I went to LSU; had many friends on the football team, it's so much more covert than people can imagine and that was like 2003...

LSU did basically the same $hit as Oregon (Paying that recruiter) and they got a slap on the wrist...We all know the Cam Newton $hit from last year was a joke and that'll blow over...Alabama has had so many under the table violations they're playing footsie with it, but no one even knows...They get so many great players they can sweep it so much easier...

But the point is, they know how to do it in the South...The sad part about all of this is that Miami still kinda sucked for the betterpart of 10 years while this was happening...Even Luke's gotta be slappin' a$$ess and laffin at that...
Old 2011-08-17, 22:39   Link #2836
Samari
World's Greatest

Don't know much about college ball, but when I heard that guy talking that was sentenced to twenty years and said "death penalty" I thought this was about him actually going on death row.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 22:43   Link #2837
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

There are some NCAA rules that makes me scratch my head a little bit, like players not being allowed to sell their memorabilia, not even to charity. If the jersey that a player won a championship in or a championship ring doesn't mean all that much to him, what's wrong with letting him sell or donate it?
Old 2011-08-17, 23:36   Link #2838
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^The NCAA is pathetic and flawed, but if they cave in they'll lose money so that ain't happening...When you got EA Sports putting money into (NCAA Head) Mark Emmert's pocket and not the 5,000 players they body-raep for video game acclaim, you got a problem...

Any 18 year old kid from the hood who doesn't take $5,000 here or $5,000 there is the insane one...$hit is broken, and the only solution is the NCAA losing money and the players gaining money, so it ain't NEVER happening...
Old 2011-08-18, 05:19   Link #2839
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
There are some NCAA rules that makes me scratch my head a little bit, like players not being allowed to sell their memorabilia, not even to charity. If the jersey that a player won a championship in or a championship ring doesn't mean all that much to him, what's wrong with letting him sell or donate it?
Whatever happened to the good old please and thank you type of greeting, I miss that!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 14:48   Link #2840
Samari
World's Greatest

Pryor goes in the supplemental draft to the Oakland Raiders. Third round.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports