AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-04, 02:32   Link #2861
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloman
Brother you SEC homers are murder with the hyperbole.......(still good win for the Tigers though, won in the trenches)

*Said in Peter Griffen's voice*
6 straight BCS Titles...That is my answer to that...


As for the rest, it's different nowadays, we live in a fast food, fast consumption, overly media conscious society...Name recognition has meaning, and I'm telling you working in HS football, these kids have no desire to play for ND because of something as simple as that...I had a kid tell me point blank he wouldn't go there because his mama wouldn't see the name on the jersey...

Do you now how Oregon gets kids from the south to play there? The built in Nike advantage...The locker rooms with flatscreen TV's on each locker, the ability to let players create their own uniforms every year with Phil Knight's camp...Young ballers are dumb, they like swagger type $hit and no names on jersey's only work in USC because LA is #2 market...Penn State gets some love to with the East coast bias, but ND is too talent strapped to ignore this...

@ Tetra Vaal - Oregon is running that $hit primarily vs. the Pac12(10)...Do you think for a second they could do that $hit vs. 5,6 SEC teams in a season? Florida DID DO THAT, the same $hit in the NFL-lite conference...

Oregon cannot hang with the SEC if all they are gonna do is try and out-tempo us...We have seen that $hit (Like 5,6 SEC schools play a version of that with more NFL caliber players)...We have seen that speed (from guys not as thin as a rail which is why they fumbled so much)...

LSU doesn't even show up to the game with a QB and dominated...Oregon tried to put 9 men in the box and still got served...

The only small school I'd give a chance vs. SEC if they somehow played us on a regular basis is Boise State, because BS outschemes, outplots, out-prepares...They also get the most out of their talent, unlike Oregon who thinks if they put the top 5 fastest guys on the field they'll just beat a team with lots of NFL talent...LSU would have gotten beaten tonite by a good SEC team with their passing game, but it's not even a disadvantage vs. the ducks...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 10:55   Link #2862
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
I can believe it about kids..........although when coaches actually talk to them and show them like all the other actually IMPORTANT REASONS TO CHOOSE A COLLEGE. I think you could twist some arms, it just takes a good staff. (Name on jersey, for chrissakes mama just memorize a damned number, jesus!)

I mean otherwise how would you get people to go Virginia or Kansas State under Bill Snyder?

Damned ESPNizations of sports.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 16:30   Link #2863
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
(Name on jersey, for chrissakes mama just memorize a damned number, jesus!)
This has nothing to do with their mamas. It has everything to do with television, agents, and the NFL.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 17:12   Link #2864
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Which we should be moderating in college football anyways..............whatever.

If people make wierdass decisions just because of that fine. Just as there are more reasons to choose a school rather than its football program, there are reasons to choose a football program just because of lack of names.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 18:36   Link #2865
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
[B][I]
@ Tetra Vaal - Oregon is running that $hit primarily vs. the Pac12(10)...Do you think for a second they could do that $hit vs. 5,6 SEC teams in a season? Florida DID DO THAT, the same $hit in the NFL-lite conference...

Oregon cannot hang with the SEC if all they are gonna do is try and out-tempo us...We have seen that $hit (Like 5,6 SEC schools play a version of that with more NFL caliber players)...We have seen that speed (from guys not as thin as a rail which is why they fumbled so much)...

LSU doesn't even show up to the game with a QB and dominated...Oregon tried to put 9 men in the box and still got served...

The only small school I'd give a chance vs. SEC if they somehow played us on a regular basis is Boise State, because BS outschemes, outplots, out-prepares...They also get the most out of their talent, unlike Oregon who thinks if they put the top 5 fastest guys on the field they'll just beat a team with lots of NFL talent...LSU would have gotten beaten tonite by a good SEC team with their passing game, but it's not even a disadvantage vs. the ducks...
Good lord, put down the ESPN subscription for crying out loud. Talk about blowing the SEC out of proportion, you're taking its fanbase to a whole new level of absurdness. If Oregon couldn't hang with the SEC then how do you explain their down-to-the-wire performance against Auburn, who was the clear and cut best team in the entire SEC last season? Like I said, LSU didn't do anything special to beat Oregon last night. That score really doesn't indicate how close that game was til' Barner and James went out. Again, to reiterate, if either one of them were healthy they would've been in returning kickoffs and taking hand-offs, where two of the game's biggest turnovers happened thanks to a true freshman taking their place. Oregon's offense wasn't the problem, it was their defense, which I just correctly laid out their faults for you. A 100% healthy Oregon team can bang with anyone in the nation and that includes any SEC team.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 18:58   Link #2866
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Good lord, put down the ESPN subscription for crying out loud. Talk about blowing the SEC out of proportion, you're taking its fanbase to a whole new level of absurdness. If Oregon couldn't hang with the SEC then how do you explain their down-to-the-wire performance against Auburn, who was the clear and cut best team in the entire SEC last season? Like I said, LSU didn't do anything special to beat Oregon last night. That score really doesn't indicate how close that game was til' Barner and James went out. Again, to reiterate, if either one of them were healthy they would've been in returning kickoffs and taking hand-offs, where two of the game's biggest turnovers happened thanks to a true freshman taking their place. Oregon's offense wasn't the problem, it was their defense, which I just correctly laid out their faults for you. A 100% healthy Oregon team can bang with anyone in the nation and that includes any SEC team.
You must be joking, I barely watch ESPN which is basically TMZ.com for sports...My knowledge comes from having 3 relatives, and about 10 close friends who have all played in the SEC (Add a dash of me having a degree in sports journalism from LSU and there you go)...Being in that environment and understanding the type of athletes that these programs breed helps my opinion here...

Auburn WAS the best team in the SEC last season, but they won nearly every SEC game by 7 points or less..It wasn't a dominate in-SEC year for them...Their D was super suspect, but Cam was killing it...

This is about consistency...when you consistently lose to the SEC (all conferences) in all the big games what can one infer from that?

The SEC is by far the best conference in college football with the most athletes that go to the NFL over the past 10 years...Those are facts...I know people from other conferences get pi$$ed or whatever when you tout the SEC, but the proof is in the chocolate jello snack pack...How many times have the best teams in the SEC just embarrassed the competition from the other conferences in national games? How many more BCS titles must the SEC win in a row before yall get this thru the pink meat that lines your inner skull caps?

Oregon just fumbled huh? LSU's Manbeasts didn't punch those balls out of the grips of these fast skinny guys that the ducks fielded last night did they?...Keep making pedestrian excuses for a team that got dominated by the defense and Special teams unit of LSU last night...LSU's offense, if it had just a $hitty passing game would have won by 30....

LSU gave them the last TD to run out the clock...That game was over in the 3rd Quarter, because LSU and most teams in the SEC possess the size and speed to combat these kind of teams...LOL, what am I suppose to be sorry that LSU defenders who are NFL roster spots waiting to happen knocked duck players out of the game because of their physicality? That's just bull$hit right?

Look, have some pudding on me bruh...The proof is in that $hit, you'll taste it...

A bit harsh right?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 19:10   Link #2867
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
That degree in sports journalism must not account for much considering your incoherent babbling and endless salivating of a conference being blown out of proportion by some misinformed blowhard. I couldn't care less about who you know or what school you attended. You can pound your chest and scream supremacy all you want it still won't make up for the fact that you're not very smart. Oregon lost for the reasons I listed, not because the SEC is "THE FUCKING HULKAMANIA OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL BROTHER!! WE HAVE MANBEASTS IN BEAST MODES AND APE MODS AND CHEETAH MODES AND EAT THE PUDDING AND TASTE THE SHIT SEC!! RAW WE'RE SO FUCKING L337 CUZ ESPN SAYS SO AND I SAY SO!!" No one is even denying the quality of the SEC here-- yeah, they are the best conference in college football, but childish nitwits like you take the term "excessive" to an entirely new level.

Oregon wasn't dominated-- and if you really believe that, then I'm doubting any college experience you may have, especially from a high class college like LSU. But I'm going to assume you are what I mentioned above: a blowhard. They could have won that game by only 3 points and you'd still be making superfluously obnoxious claims to validate your straw thin reasons for why Oregon lost. They weren't out-muscled or "knocked out" (Oregon's top two backs left because of cramps, you know, those similar injuries that were happening to LSU's players as well), did you even watch the game or are you just a blowhard? Oh wait, I already covered that. Like I said, a 100% healthy Oregon team can hang with any team in the nation-- kinda funny how that true freshman fumbles in virtually back to back plays. That's a 14 points swing in the span of a couple minutes. Oregon was in that game on both sides of the ball til' both James and Barner went down (guarantee you had LSU lost their top two playmakers you'd be singing the same tune I am right now). And you want to know why I'm right about this? Because I don't particularly care for either team. I can look at this objectively (that, and I actually know a thing or two about football, something you don't)-- while you sit there with a thumb in your ass trying to spout off these chest-beating words like "manbeasts" which is very ESPN-esque (guess you're not much different from the knobs of TMZ either, huh?)

EDIT: Oh, and anyone that needs to say "in Peter Griffin's voice" to make a point needs to take a drop dead pill, immediately.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 20:59   Link #2868
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Wow, just one reply and you have already devolved into the average wingdarkness post victim ...A pity really...

#7 for LSU Tyrann Mathieu was Defensive Freshman of the Year last year, so i don't wanna hear any crap about freshman this and freshman that...If you are in the game, YOU ARE IN THE GAME...That's small boy talk bro...Nobody told the coaches to put #6 back in the game against those growna$$ men...The fact that you would use that to supplement your argument shows your hidden desperation...

LSU dominated this game from the middle of the 3rd to the end when it just started to I-form the f**k out of that ducks front line...We had 98 yds passing, and won all 3 phases of the game, if that isn't domination you must be thinking with your other pink meat...

Barkavius Mingo stepped on #21's foot for the ducks and he left the game..LSU's backup running back had 99 yds rushing in the game, what did Oregon's 2nd string, 3rd-string guy do? C'mon Mr. Tetra Vaal, your futuristic scrap heap robotic mind must be able to put this together...LSU has more depth, more size, and just as much speed...The Oregon coach pretty much admitted this in the postgame and he's not the type to ever cave in...But the undeniable vision of truth was bore before him...

LSU is 3, 4 deep at nearly every position...If they lost their top 3 running backs, they'd put in Alfred Blue another 5 star blue chipper...I have almost no concerns about LSU losing players...Lost there starting QB and WR for this game and look at the results...Vs the SEC schedule this will make a difference though...



Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and anyone that needs to say "in Peter Griffin's voice" to make a point needs to take a drop dead pill, immediately.
Translation: This was my attempt to make you feel bad by hurting your internet feelings T_T...


Look kid you got potential...Going all hardcore on me after like 1 post means I hit a soft spot...For that i do apologize...This is a sports talk thread and it is one of the rare animesuki forum threads where people can talk a little smack(i.e. smacktalk) and not get banned or what have you, but play it closer to the vest because your vitriolic attempts at besting me is showing that you are taking this to heart...I said my post with a little boasting and pride as is common for trash talking, but in true realism I've probably forgotten more $hit about football then you will ever know...So maybe you should take your Sigma six robotic mind (Tetra Vaal? Jesus Skywalker ) and figure out your cheesepuffs to mouth ratio and how to accomplish that while XboX controller-clutching while cuticle-clicking on your Gears of War or whatever videogame or 3d rendering you stole your name from...

Now that last sentence was cheap... I had one about pudding but redundancy doesn't go well with my superfluous tendencies^^, so adjust your maniacal ravings accordingly and realize like last nights game this is a match that's already been won...


Edit: "Manbeasts"...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 22:42   Link #2869
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
First and foremost, you didn't set me off or rile me up-- no need to stroke an ego. I can assure that's just how I communicate with people on forums and if you don't believe that, feel free to look in 'The Dark Knight' threads or anything pertaining to some shitty modern movie that fraudulently receives praise.

Quote:
#7 for LSU Tyrann Mathieu was Defensive Freshman of the Year last year, so i don't wanna hear any crap about freshman this and freshman that...If you are in the game, YOU ARE IN THE GAME...That's small boy talk bro...Nobody told the coaches to put #6 back in the game against those growna$$ men...The fact that you would use that to supplement your argument shows your hidden desperation...
My argument isn't desperate considering the flawed logic on your behalf. If we were to apply that to every freshman in the nation, then mistakes wouldn't have to be seen as growing pains. Sure, he's playing, but he's playing in positions where he's inexperienced, specifically on kick-offs. Not everyone can be Tyrann Mathieu and not every RB transitioning from high school to college is gonna provide top notch ball security. You're comparing apples and oranges and if anything, it shows desperation on your behalf.

Quote:
LSU dominated this game from the middle of the 3rd to the end when it just started to I-form the f**k out of that ducks front line...We had 98 yds passing, and won all 3 phases of the game, if that isn't domination you must be thinking with your other pink meat...
No, they dominated the game when it got out of hand thanks to two pivotal series in which a true freshman virtually cost Oregon the game. LSU may have "dominated" in those moments, but they didn't make Oregon look like some b-grade college program that can't hang with the SEC.

Oregon's offense wracked up 335 total yards compared to LSU's 273, most of which that came on the ground.

Oregon was 9/19 on third downs and most of those came during 3 and outs where they shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties deep in their own territory. If anything, that's just an example of Oregon beating themselves.

Both teams pretty much averaged 3.5 ypc-- which is funny considering LSU clearly had the more dominant run game... according to you, anyway.

Oh, and then there's Oregon's 4 turnovers which two of them fall on the shoulders of a true freshman. Yeah, you can call it an excuse, but I'm merely using it as a frame of reference for as to why LSU did not DOMINATE Oregon as you claim. Not to mention that Oregon was only down 13 with almost 10 minutes left to go in the game-- hardly a domination to overcome.

And finally, the time of possession was practically even-- but one stat that really sticks out is Oregon's 12 penalties for 95 yards compared to LSU's 5 for 47. LSU was just the more disciplined team in that regard.

Quote:
LSU has more depth, more size, and just as much speed...
And where did I ever make the claim that they didn't? My argument isn't that LSU isn't big or fast, it's that they didn't run a train through Oregon or expose them as so fraud as you're so eager to proclaim-- or at least that's how you come off. Hell, I even made the comment on the last page how Oregon is severely undersized defensively, especially compared to a team like LSU. But the point you keep missing here is, I'm not refuting that the SEC is the best conference or that LSU is the better team. I'm just correctly informing you that Oregon is no pushover and if they had to play within the SEC conference year in and year out, they would fare well, contrary to what you want to believe.

Quote:
Translation: This was my attempt to make you feel bad by hurting your internet feelings T_T
No, there is no translation here, you weren't even directing that comment at me. However, Family Guy is a terrible, terrible show... and anyone that needs to use a character as way of conveying a thought is incredibly childish and naive. Do yourself a favor and grow up. You're no idiot by any means. In fact, I commend you for at least challenging me on this forum, you're the first to do so... but you're not "winning" anything here.

Quote:
For that i do apologize
No need to apologize. If anything, you should just apologize for so flamboyantly hyping up the SEC as some Don Mega. Yeah, the nation gets it, the SEC is great. Hell, I love the competition both divisions provide and it's some of the best football college has to offer. But for fuck's sakes, quit riding it like it's the only conference that matters. LSU beat Oregon. They did it easily on THE SCOREBOARD, but it was much closer on the field.

Oh, and one more thing... don't ever compare me to some Star Wars of Gears of War knob ever again. Where my name derives from is irrelevant. No need to rely on some sweeping generalization to compensate for a weak argument.

Last edited by Tetra Vaal; 2011-09-05 at 00:00.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 06:41   Link #2870
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Hot blooded blows over the electronic page revolving around hyped up university athletic scholars?

Yup, it's college football season all right.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 07:27   Link #2871
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This has nothing to do with their mamas. It has everything to do with television, agents, and the NFL.
And Virgin Mary
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 17:48   Link #2872
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
........Mais, quoi?


Anyways, I'm just happy that Virginia took care of buisness. FSU, Vah Tek, UNC, GT all did the same thing.

Looking forward to the Miami-Maryland game, can't wait to see that neato seating arrangement the Terps will do at Byrd (hope people actually show up) and them snazzy new Uniforms.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 19:11   Link #2873
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Wow just when I thought the Ducks reign supreme in the ugly uniform department, Maryland shows up in that. I get its the flag but they're awful. Sorry solomon :P
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:04   Link #2874
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Hey to each his own. I think the Maryland flag is awesome graphically and they used that to great effect on the helmet.

Also liked the seating arrangement.

They don't have an easy game against WVU next week but if those Terps manage to fix the red zone problems, they could be a sleeper.

Man I forgot how self serving, impatient and unaccomadting sports fans are. Miami thinks that they played like an FCS team or something going by what you see on some boards. Honestly, no glass half full viewpoints. If you always expect BCS level gameplay ALL THE DAMNED TIME you likely are gonna be dissapointed (with only very few exceptions).

And maybe it's the martial arts thing rubbing off on me but DON'T NO ONE ever wanna give credit to their opponent if they play well.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:10   Link #2875
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
The jerseys were meh, but the helmets were 'OMFGWTF IS THAT?' It was way too busy.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:31   Link #2876
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I'm sorry but Maryland's unis looked like a botched abortion.

If you're going to go for colorful, over-the-top look, at least have Nike do your uniforms, not some b-grade brand like Under Amour.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:47   Link #2877
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^ I thought the jersey//helmets were mind-trippy tight (Like give your opponent vertigo tight^^)...And they certainly accomplished their goal since everybody on ESPN and Twitter are talking about it...So the publicity alone was a win for Maryland, add the actual win and there you go...

Quote:
that's just how I communicate with people on forums /me -->
@Tetra Vaal - Oh I ain't finished with you yet...So many bad points to refute, but it's been a long Labor Day and I gotta get some rest before the job calls...Rest assured before the end of this football season you'll put aside the passive aggressive vitriolic bull$hit as your default mechanism...I'm sort of the antidote for that ground level of aggression...


Wait for it...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:52   Link #2878
Tetra Vaal
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^ I thought the jersey//helmets were mind-trippy tight (Like give your opponent vertigo tight^^)...And they certainly accomplished their goal since everybody on ESPN and Twitter are talking about it...So the publicity alone was a win for Maryland, add the actual win and there you go...



@Tetra Vaal - Oh I ain't finished with you yet...So many bad points to refute, but it's been a long Labor Day and I gotta get some rest before the job calls...Rest assured before the end of this football season you'll put aside the passive aggressive vitriolic bull$hit as your default mechanism...I'm sort of the antidote for that ground level of aggression...


Wait for it...
I'm not gonna be here all week, so I won't be going out of my way to see what you post. I don't care what you're gonna come back with or if you're not "done with me yet"-- I'm real scared, holmes. And if it's just another novel worth of LSU/Oregon, save it. I've said my piece and I'm not gonna go in a continuous circle of which one of us is right. LSU won, they were better, but they weren't dominate. Oregon can hang with any team in the nation, they proved that last year and they'll continue to do it over the next several years as Nike helps them build their empire. If you think otherwise, fine. At this point I just don't care. If this were me 2 or 3 years ago, I'd probably dedicate my posts to help a blind person see the light, but at this point I just don't care.

Good day.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 14:48   Link #2879
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Jacksonville just released David Garrard days before the season opener against Tennessee. Luke McCown will be the starter.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:28   Link #2880
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Posted for your amusement:

http://vimeo.com/28516169

LOL @ little girl named "Boise".
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.