AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-26, 00:16   Link #3201
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
A bit aloof and disrespectful? Yes I thought it was clearly that...
Oh goodness... someone bring back the NFL of the 70's. The NFL today is seriously turning into a Wuss League.

And premeditated? I'd say: more on the spur of the moment type of deal. In any case, that handshake is so last week.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 04:59   Link #3202
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You don't jump in the air and slap (or brazenly push) the opposing coach on the back in a dismissive way in the NFL after the game...I've never seen a coach EVER do what Harbaugh did...Now grant it I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but how anyone could watch the reverse angle of that film with Harbaugh clearly looking as if he's almost pushing Schwartz out of the way, and not see why things turned out that way, I don't know what to say...A premeditated taunt, no I doubt that...Hell I don't think it was a taunt at all really...A bit aloof and disrespectful? Yes I thought it was clearly that...
I bet if Schwartz doesn't chase Harbaugh down the field, nothing would have came of the entire situation. Was anyone really holding their breath when Harbaugh was approaching the middle of the field jumping up and down? I've seen coaches elated like that after the end of the game. What's worse, I've seen coaches not even shake the hand of the opposing coach after a big win. Harbaugh was a little dismissive with Schwartz, but there was no malice behind it. I think Schwartz overreacted a little bit. Not to mention Schwartz isn't necessarily a saint (no pun intended) with his behavior on the sidelines and after a big win in the past.

Schwartz kind of deserves it anyways after the jeering show he decided to display on the sidelines earlier in the game.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:20   Link #3203
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
That was apparently mutual, though.

And Green Bay accused Atlanta of playing dirty a couple of weeks ago, so . . .
Oh, I'm not defending Atlanta. I'd NEVER defend anything Atlanta do. Trust me, if there's one team I don't like in this league, it's the freaking Atlanta Falcons...

I was just saying Schwartz just seems the type that loves to dish it out but can't cope with copping it back.

And I will say that what Harbaugh did is child's play to what happens in Aussie Rules. There's brawls virtually every weekend, a ton of cheap shots that get penalised and a truckload more that players get away with. That blow-up of Harbaugh-Schwartz doesn't happen over here. If anyone does try to, they instantly get labelled whingers. Seriously, this stuff has nothing on what Barry Hall and Campbell Brown dish out.

And for the record, that 'streaker' in England at that Chicago-Tampa Bay game - that's not a streaker. Youtube the 1982 AFL Grand Final streaker. Trust me - NOTHING could ever beat that streaker!
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 22:54   Link #3204
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Oh goodness... someone bring back the NFL of the 70's. The NFL today is seriously turning into a Wuss League.

And premeditated? I'd say: more on the spur of the moment type of deal. In any case, that handshake is so last week.
Um, I said it wasn't premeditated ...

Anyways, I'm all for the throwback stuff...I'm more purist than anything else...I'm all for the cancer support but something inside me aches when I see my favorite players wearing pink, and that 50 years from now NFL film recaps will be showing some of the greatest moments in the game with guys wearing pink...that irks me a bit...More than a bit honestly...However I don't think this issue is the baby born of today's wussiness in sports...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Schwartz kind of deserves it anyways after the jeering show he decided to display on the sidelines earlier in the game.
As for the Swartz issue and to Kyuu's point...It's way more than that making this more of a wuss league (Flags on illegal hits being the biggest thing), but to your point, regardless of whatever douchebaggery Swartz has shown in the past, he went over to shake the opposing coaches' hand and got pushed and dismissed...It is what it is...

Coaches jump around all the time and get hyped and excited, but most, if not all, compose themselves when approaching the other coach for the post game handshake...Harbaugh did not...I doubt he'll do it again though...He's a smart guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Oh, I'm not defending Atlanta. I'd NEVER defend anything Atlanta do. Trust me, if there's one team I don't like in this league, it's the freaking Atlanta Falcons...
Cookie for you!

GEAUX SAINTS

Actually going to Atlanta in 3 weeks for the big showdown...Gotta get my hate-game on...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:04   Link #3205
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
GEAUX SAINTS
You complain about pink, but use a misspelled French word to cheer on your football team. This is why I can't take New Orleans or LSU seriously.

/ducks
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:14   Link #3206
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Hey I didn't make that $hit up...And it's Cajun fool^^...

There's 8,000 sports' teams in America--most of them have dumb chants, mascots, myths, etc.

So calm down Mr. Disney Duck on a helmet...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 05:04   Link #3207
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post


As for the Swartz issue and to Kyuu's point...It's way more than that making this more of a wuss league (Flags on illegal hits being the biggest thing), but to your point, regardless of whatever douchebaggery Swartz has shown in the past, he went over to shake the opposing coaches' hand and got pushed and dismissed...It is what it is...

Coaches jump around all the time and get hyped and excited, but most, if not all, compose themselves when approaching the other coach for the post game handshake...Harbaugh did not...I doubt he'll do it again though...He's a smart guy...
I'm just saying, Harbaugh shouldn't be grilled for it. Like I said if Schwartz doesn't chase him down, no one is talking about what happened.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 07:31   Link #3208
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Swartz chased him down because Harbaugh (directly or indirectly) really seemed to disrespect him...I don't have a dog in the fight, and I was like damn, he just pushed him outta the way like he was a fan...Obviously Swartz shouldn't have pursued it, but coming off of an emotional loss these things happen...If Harbaugh just shakes his hand in he normal protocol way, this doesn't happen...There's a reason why Harbaugh is getting 90% of the flak on this...But like I said, he's a new head coach in the league and I doubt seriously he'll do that again...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:32   Link #3209
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Can't believe people are still talking about this crap. I'm pretty sure the coaches don't care anymore.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 04:44   Link #3210
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Swartz chased him down because Harbaugh (directly or indirectly) really seemed to disrespect him...I don't have a dog in the fight, and I was like damn, he just pushed him outta the way like he was a fan...Obviously Swartz shouldn't have pursued it, but coming off of an emotional loss these things happen...If Harbaugh just shakes his hand in he normal protocol way, this doesn't happen...There's a reason why Harbaugh is getting 90% of the flak on this...But like I said, he's a new head coach in the league and I doubt seriously he'll do that again...
He's not getting 90% of the blame. At least from what I've heard around the country. It's been fairly even.

And I didn't ask you why Schwartz chased him down, I'm telling you if he doesn't do that, no one is talking about what happened. If Schwartz just walks away, no one is going to say "Oh wow that was an aggressive handshake I saw it coming a mile away when he was jumping up and down approaching center field".
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 06:05   Link #3211
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hey I didn't make that $hit up...And it's Cajun fool^^...
still French
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:52   Link #3212
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Just for comparative sake, I'd love to know what would happen in the NFL if something like this occured.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 12:59   Link #3213
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Plenty of fights have broken out in the NFL, Lions/49ers situation happens to be different because they were coaches. You expect it out of the players, but not really out the coaches.

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 00:27   Link #3214
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
He's not getting 90% of the blame. At least from what I've heard around the country. It's been fairly even.

And I didn't ask you why Schwartz chased him down, I'm telling you if he doesn't do that, no one is talking about what happened. If Schwartz just walks away, no one is going to say "Oh wow that was an aggressive handshake I saw it coming a mile away when he was jumping up and down approaching center field".
It looked fairly obvious that Harbaugh was at fault...Most broadcasters I listened too said basically the same thing conceding that Swartz is douchey aswell...Like I said, it don't matter to me..Sean Payton is probably cockier than both those guys combined and he'd never lose focus like that because he understands NFL protocol (Not that he can even walk to midfield with his broken leg)...I just think moving forward you won't see Capt. Comeback doing anymore Pac-10 celebrations on the field...That result will tell you who was at fault I think...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 00:46   Link #3215
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
To Schwartz's defense, that wasn't exactly a pat in the back from Harbaugh. That was a spank from a jump-up position.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:09   Link #3216
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
So Miami thinks they can get Bill Cowher to coach them?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:21   Link #3217
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Well, they publicly denied it, but I wouldn't be surprised. It's not like Sporano is going to be back next year; hell, even he himself doesn't expect to last the rest of the season, much less next year.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 02:51   Link #3218
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
To Schwartz's defense, that wasn't exactly a pat in the back from Harbaugh. That was a spank from a jump-up position.
I'll just say that Schwartz started it from the sideline.


"Know the the rule Harbaugh".


Okay asshole, we'll just give you a beatdown.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 04:26   Link #3219
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Cowher did make it clear he won't take on a team during the middle of the season. Hell, if they are able to get Cowher, they may just tank for Luck more than they are already.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:49   Link #3220
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
If Stanford looses to USC in overtime, I am going to cry. Or, at least the man equivalent to crying.

And, damn my Badgers. They were never as good as their ranking, but they should not have had trouble with such a bad Ohio State team.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.