AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 11:08   Link #3561
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
He's playing far better this season that last year considering he threw 25 interceptions last season. From memory, aren't both the running backs for the Giants injured? And yeah, their reliable defense has gone missing...They can still make the playoffs but they need to be better overall. Can't go anywhere decent with a pass-only offense. Coughlan has better get things on track or he'll be cut nearly as quickly as Andy Reid.

Can't believe how terrible Pittsburgh were against Kansas City. If the Chiefs actually had any form of offense, they could have won easily. Their defense played their hearts out only to be back on the field within 2 minutes all games. Steelers were lucky to have an off day against a team so offensively inept it didn't matter. And they may have issues on defense with Polamalu injured.
Old 2011-11-29, 15:36   Link #3562
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Every QB has bad games - even the elite and great ones. But, Eli just has those bad games a bit too often. Sure, we've seen his stuff - when his games are good. But, he ain't the caliber of the current elite.

Current elite includes: Brees, Brady, P.Manning, and Rodgers.
He may not be in the same caliber as those four but he is easily in the top 10. It's not his fault that his teams plagues with injuries.

If not for this season, I may have even put Rivers in that "elite" category and this is coming from a Broncos fan. I'm kinda glad he isn't playing well, feels like we rarely beat the Chargers these days.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 16:39   Link #3563
Samari
World's Greatest

Jack Del Rio is fired as the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Also, Wayne Weaver is selling the franchise to business man Shahid Khan who says he'll keep the franchise in Jacksonville. Apparently he won't be a "day to day" owner as Weaver was though. He lives in Illinois.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:59   Link #3564
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Jack Del Rio is fired as the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Also, Wayne Weaver is selling the franchise to business man Shahid Khan who says he'll keep the franchise in Jacksonville. Apparently he won't be a "day to day" owner as Weaver was though. He lives in Illinois.
Not like The Jags can move that easily though…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:59   Link #3565
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Not like The Jags can move that easily though…
I'm not implying they would be able to move easily, or at all. Honestly I think it would be cool if they stayed in Jacksonville.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-30, 04:12   Link #3566
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
I'm not implying they would be able to move easily, or at all. Honestly I think it would be cool if they stayed in Jacksonville.
True dat, but The Jags are probably the most the single most shapeless team in the NFL, as they don't really have any major accomplishments other than some playoff berths.
Old 2011-11-30, 06:16   Link #3567
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
True dat, but The Jags are probably the most the single most shapeless team in the NFL, as they don't really have any major accomplishments other than some playoff berths.
Oh, they've made the AFC Championship Game on the second year of their existence. That's something.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 08:54   Link #3568
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Peter King said on yesterday's Pardon the Interruption that one possible destination for the Jaguars is London. Apparently the NFL continues to dream of having a couple of European franchises.

How about the London Bobbies? London Double-Deckers? London Loos?
Old 2011-11-30, 15:20   Link #3569
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Peter King said on yesterday's Pardon the Interruption that one possible destination for the Jaguars is London. Apparently the NFL continues to dream of having a couple of European franchises.

How about the London Bobbies? London Double-Deckers? London Loos?
The London idea needs to die. Not that I don't want the NFL to have more exposure, but with the current schedule set up, it's not going to work out. The team would have a huge disadvantage on all eight of their road games having to travel that far.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-30, 15:49   Link #3570
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It does need to die. . .the reason why the game in Wembley is so popular is because it's a novelty game. If London was to get its own franchise, I'm certain interest would die pretty quickly. It's probably like that in other countries outside of Canada and maybe Mexico.

I understand that [Gridiron] football remains popular in Germany in a niche sort of way after the demise of NFL Europe, though. There are a few Germans in the NFL right now (born and raised in Germany, went to college in the US and played on the football team, got drafted, etc.), too, like Sebastian Vollmer from the Patriots.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 02:33   Link #3571
Samari
World's Greatest

I do applaud the NFL for trying to expand I guess. I love this sport and wish more people outside the USA knew about it and other leagues could potentially exist. At the same time, having just the main league, the NFL, field a team in London and have them play eight teams in the States each year would be ridiculous. They probably wouldn't get many free agents either during the offseason signing period. Being away from the states and their family might not sound too appealing.

I also get the feeling the Bills are trying to be pushed out of Buffalo to Canada.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-01, 05:08   Link #3572
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Okay, now for the weekly predictions, the Playoff projections will come friday when I have the time.

Philadelphia at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: Bye, bye Eagles playoffs hopes. Hello normal Seahawks.

Tennessee at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: None, as I classify this under my "I don't give a flying fuck" category.

Kansas City at Chicago, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: One of contrarian picks, largely for the irony.

Oakland at Miami, Winner: Oakland. Justification: The Raiders are looking playoff bound, despite all the shit they've gone through while The Deadfish are barely alive.

Denver at Los Angeles, Winner: Denver. Justification: Tebow delivers another spectacular win, this time against The Los Angeles Dons.

Indianapolis at New England, Winner: New England. Justification: The Colts have officially become the man whores of the NFL.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: I hate Pittsburgh.

Carolina at Tampa Bay, Winner: Carolina. Justification: This will be another hope spot for The Panthers, but it won't mean that much overall.

New York (Jets) at Washington, Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: The Jets just barely keep themselves in the playoff race for one more week.

Atlanta at Houston, Winner: Houston. This is probably a bit contrarian, but everything's been contrarian for The Texans this year.

Baltimore at Cleveland, Winner: Cleveland. Baltimore's tendency to fall apart against losing teams comes back to bite them in the ass.

Green Bay at New York (Giants), Winner: Green Bay. Justification: The Giants are falling apart, and The Packers aren't scheduled to pick up a loss until next week.

Dallas at Arizona, Winner: Dallas. Justification: A cheap win for the slaaneshi Cowboys, even if Tony Romo throws loads of interceptions.

St. Louis at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. The Niners are mad as fuck from their loss to Baltimore, so expect them to pull all the stops against The Rams, leading to The Niners second 30+ point blowout victory of the season.

Detroit at New Orleans, Winner: Tossup. Justification: The Lions are the new Cardiac kitties, and so may pull a surprise out of their asses against The Saints.

San Diego at Jacksonville, Winner: San Diego. Justification: Oh god this going to be a horrible game, but The Chargers win because they're facing a team under .500 for the first time in a few weeks.
Old 2011-12-01, 07:22   Link #3573
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I also get the feeling the Bills are trying to be pushed out of Buffalo to Canada.
And take over the CFL? (Of course, that's not gonna happen.)

Expansion into Canada would require actual NFL teams; and yes, the Bills are quite vulnerable in this respect. That's especially true with some games actually moved into Toronto. Though, I don't think any are scheduled this year for that.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:08   Link #3574
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Nominal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And take over the CFL? (Of course, that's not gonna happen.)

Expansion into Canada would require actual NFL teams; and yes, the Bills are quite vulnerable in this respect. That's especially true with some games actually moved into Toronto. Though, I don't think any are scheduled this year for that.
They already played a game in Toronto this season vs. Washington. And yes, they'll be moving there permanently when the owner dies. It's almost a given, they aren't even entertaining any offers from anyone to buy the team to keep it in Buffalo. It's pretty blatantly obvious they threw in the towel a long time ago and don't care about the fans in Buffalo; they've continued to field a team of cheap unknown players that has managed to stay just mediocre enough so that fans still attend games for over a decade now. All about the $$. They expect to make more in Toronto so that's where they'll go. They already made a killing off the current Toronto deal and are looking to extend it even though none of the fans here like it and half the audience in Toronto doesn't care about what teams are even playing.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:46   Link #3575
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
It does need to die. . .the reason why the game in Wembley is so popular is because it's a novelty game. If London was to get its own franchise, I'm certain interest would die pretty quickly. It's probably like that in other countries outside of Canada and maybe Mexico.

I understand that [Gridiron] football remains popular in Germany in a niche sort of way after the demise of NFL Europe, though. There are a few Germans in the NFL right now (born and raised in Germany, went to college in the US and played on the football team, got drafted, etc.), too, like Sebastian Vollmer from the Patriots.
Other countries like Japan and Sweden has a huge following for American Football, wanting a franchise team. If I'm Goodell, I would put England on the back burner and fork over other countries.

Why do I feel like this is a bad move by him
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:54   Link #3576
solomon

Japan.........huge following.........

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhttttttttt.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:20   Link #3577
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Baseball and Michael Jordan? sure. Football? Not so sure...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:44   Link #3578
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Other countries like Japan and Sweden has a huge following for American Football, wanting a franchise team. If I'm Goodell, I would put England on the back burner and fork over other countries.

Why do I feel like this is a bad move by him
Because you'll know that he'll actually do it - given his track record for developing the No Fun League.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:21   Link #3579
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW
Detroit at New Orleans, Winner: Tossup. Justification: The Lions are the new Cardiac kitties, and so may pull a surprise out of their asses against The Saints.
Way to go out on a limb there ...
Old 2011-12-01, 23:02   Link #3580
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Japan.........huge following.........

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhttttttttt.
It's actually pretty much true.

Heck they have their own season of the sport played around the same time as the NFL season takes place. They also have their own Championship game called the Rice Bowl.

Here is a video of it being played in the Tokyo Dome.

GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports