AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-04, 20:01   Link #3621
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Have to say the receivers carried Rodgers a bit more than usual today, can you believe those acrobatic catches made by Driver and Nelson and the effort to keep the feet in bounds? ESPECIALLY that last TD catch by Driver. Catch of the game, IMO.
^His receivers dropped like 10 passes today..Rodgers was on it...

Geeeze, Brees is having the season of his already hall of fame career and won't get a sniff vs. Rodgers for anything this year...Bad timing I guess..
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:02   Link #3622
D2
Go Big Red!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Heart of Liberion
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^His receivers dropped like 10 passes today..Rodgers was on it...

Geeeze, Brees is having the season of his already hall of fame career and won't get a sniff vs. Rodgers for anything this year...Bad timing I guess..
Yeah, but you can't deny they came through when it counted.
__________________
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:04   Link #3623
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Have to say the receivers carried Rodgers a bit more than usual today, can you believe those acrobatic catches made by Driver and Nelson and the effort to keep the feet in bounds? ESPECIALLY that last TD catch by Driver. Catch of the game, IMO.
Driver and Nelson had a lot of precise footwork with their big catches. The state of mind to make sure your feet are in the right position well before you land is pretty valuable. Rodgers was a little below his norm for the season, but he still delivered. Pierre-Paul was giving Rodgers grief all night - I'm sure Rodgers was relieved that Pierre-Paul and Canty both left the game injured in the 4th quarter. Those injuries cost the Giants big time. But on the flipside, Woodson leaving injured in the 4th gave Manning much more freedom to launch it.

By the way - can ANYONE explain to me how that play with three and a half minutes left wasn't a fair catch?! The Giants' catcher signals fair catch, takes it then runs and no one calls the play dead?! Last time I checked, if you raise your hand above your shoulder and wave when you're the catcher of a kickoff/punt - that's a fair catch. Giants picked up 16 yards they shouldn't have there. Ironically, if they hadn't - maybe the tying drive would have taken longer and Rodgers wouldn't have had enough time to get the Packers in field goal range.

P.S. Wing, the Saints had better win the game that's about to start. Atlanta lost - that divison is yours for the taking.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:06   Link #3624
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Uuuuh..Ya better look again...

Sooner than later all people will agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Have to say the receivers carried Rodgers a bit more than usual today, can you believe those acrobatic catches made by Driver and Nelson and the effort to keep the feet in bounds? ESPECIALLY that last TD catch by Driver. Catch of the game, IMO.
Rodgers is unbelievable too, that decisive pass to nelson with all the rush coming was unreal.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:10   Link #3625
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner
By the way - can ANYONE explain to me how that play with three and a half minutes left wasn't a fair catch?!
You must extend your arms clearly above your shoulders and wave for it to be a fair catch...If he had waved his arm a bit more it would have been an illegal fair catch, but because he didn't extend his arm into the air above his shoulder, and he didn't really wave it egregiously it was an officials discretion call...

Quote:
P.S. Wing, the Saints had better win the game that's about to start. Atlanta lost - that divison is yours for the taking.
So glad ATlanta loss, but with San Fran still playing that JV division schedule and Greenbay being Greenbay, we need atleast one of them to trip up...I rather San Fran keep winning because I'd eat a hat full of cheese to play there instead of GB...Looks like Greenbay will only have 1-loss now if that...Giants so effin blew it today...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:16   Link #3626
Anime-fan10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S.
I'm a big Giants fan and I'm disappointed in the loss against the Packers, but I can't help but feel optimistic for their future games since the Giants played against, arguably, the best team in the NFL right now. If the Giants play like this against Dallas next week, Dallas will be destroyed, haha.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:33   Link #3627
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
While there is some merit to the illegal immigration debate a lot of it is just thinly disguised racism at "brown people". I doubt really that it's on the tip of people's tounges like some GOPers will act like.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 20:36   Link #3628
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Alabama-LSU in a rematch in the National Championship. I'm not going to watch, honestly. It's just another SEC game that I don't care about in the regular season, and can't really find myself caring for post-season.

OSU-LSU and Alabama-Stanford would have been interesting games to watch. Oh well.

National Championship: Alabama vs LSU
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Stanford
All-State Sugar Bowl: Michigan vs Virginia Tech (wtf?)
Discover Orange Bowl: Clemson vs West Virginia
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Wisconsin

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-12-04 at 20:51.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:15   Link #3629
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
49ers win the division, now we just have to hold off the Saints for that #2 seed and a bye week, which we should be able to do with the remaining games on our schedule. Even if we lose to the Steelers we'd still get the tiebreaker over New Orleans if they win out the rest of their games.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:45   Link #3630
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
New Orleans just about have NFC North secured now with that win. Detroit were vailiant but man, that game was frustrating to watch. The Lions were just so undisciplined. I thought Suh was bad, but so many stupid penalties made Stafford's life way harder than it should have been. In the end, if Detroit don't make the playoffs, it'll be their home losses than cost them, not road losses like tonight.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:49   Link #3631
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Damn we on fire right now...Lions are dumb as hell, but we'll take it...A pity there's prolly no way we can get a bye...Kinda sucks, but GEAUX SAINTS!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
While there is some merit to the illegal immigration debate a lot of it is just thinly disguised racism at "brown people". I doubt really that it's on the tip of people's tounges like some GOPers will act like.
Double-U Tee Effword ...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:18   Link #3632
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Damn we on fire right now...Lions are dumb as hell, but we'll take it...A pity there's prolly no way we can get a bye...Kinda sucks, but GEAUX SAINTS!!
Your remaining schedule is Tennessee, Minnesota, Atlanta and Carolina. Very likely you could win those four. However the 49ers have Arizona, Pittsburgh, Seattle and St. Louis. 3rd spot is looking likely for the Saints at this rate.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:42   Link #3633
D2
Go Big Red!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Heart of Liberion
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Alabama-LSU in a rematch in the National Championship. I'm not going to watch, honestly. It's just another SEC game that I don't care about in the regular season, and can't really find myself caring for post-season.

OSU-LSU and Alabama-Stanford would have been interesting games to watch. Oh well.

National Championship: Alabama vs LSU
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Stanford
All-State Sugar Bowl: Michigan vs Virginia Tech (wtf?)
Discover Orange Bowl: Clemson vs West Virginia
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Wisconsin
Yeah, can't say I'm too excited either, felt Okie Lite deserved a shot. Speaking of deserving a shot, I was shocked and a little pissed that Kansas State got snubbed for VT. I feel they would have given Michigan a better game, didn't feel like VT deserved to go after being blown out TWICE by Clemson. Michigan I guess is okay, but still not totally over the fact they lost to Iowa.
__________________
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 01:17   Link #3634
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Bowls are money driven shows, not a logical result of merit. VTech moves an ass load of fans wherever they go and they bring TV money thus Sugar.

Who cares, I'm just happy Virginia gets to go to FRIGGIN ATLANTA.

And oh yea, I just now realized that I posted my politics diatrabe in the WRONG THREAD.....sowwy.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 01:34   Link #3635
D2
Go Big Red!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Heart of Liberion
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Bowls are money driven shows, not a logical result of merit. VTech moves an ass load of fans wherever they go and they bring TV money thus Sugar.

Who cares, I'm just happy Virginia gets to go to FRIGGIN ATLANTA.

And oh yea, I just now realized that I posted my politics diatrabe in the WRONG THREAD.....sowwy.
I understand Bowls are driven by money, doesn't mean I have to like it. Another reason for a playoff.
__________________
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 06:08   Link #3636
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
I understand Bowls are driven by money, doesn't mean I have to like it. Another reason for a playoff.
You'd think -- that these "bowls" would consider the prospect of making more money with a playoff system. Instead, they're more entrenched in their own specific sponsored game ... rather than a collective system. On top of that, you have the difference "conferences" competing with one another in terms of market.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:39   Link #3637
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I'm a big Giants fan and I'm disappointed in the loss against the Packers, but I can't help but feel optimistic for their future games since the Giants played against, arguably, the best team in the NFL right now. If the Giants play like this against Dallas next week, Dallas will be destroyed, haha.
I think Green Bay and New Orleans have the best offense...GB's defense on the other hand...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:33   Link #3638
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I think Green Bay and New Orleans have the best offense...GB's defense on the other hand...
Yeah Green Bay however they have pretty much made up for their many shortcomings on D with all the turnovers they create.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:50   Link #3639
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yeah Green Bay however they have pretty much made up for their many shortcomings on D with all the turnovers they create.
Which comes down a lot to people like Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson. Matthews definitely had the better of Manning that game. Woodson's absence in the 4th quarter allowed Manning to throw deep with more ease.

28th in the running game, 31st in overall defense, 32nd in pass defense. Yet they're 12-0. Aaron freaking Rodgers and some clever WRs is why.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:53   Link #3640
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
28th in the running game, 31st in overall defense, 32nd in pass defense. Yet they're 12-0. Aaron freaking Rodgers and some clever WRs is why.
Indeed, which is why it is even more disaterous when you turn the ball over against them. Anytime you give the ball back to an offense like that, you'll pay.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.