AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-29, 13:06   Link #4941
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Hilarious reactions to the first two rounds of the draft.

I'm pretty pleased with how things turned out for the Ravens. Upshaw and Osemele are beasts. Gradkowski can learn from Birk for a year. Jackson is a great punt returner and could develop into a quality nickel. Streeter has the tools to be a vertical threat. And Tyson looks like a good rotational run-stuffer.

The Bernard Pierce pick puzzled me initially, but after watching some video on him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting RB in a season or two. I like Rice but if he's adamant about wanting Adrian Peterson money, he can look for it elsewhere after this season.
YES! I had seen the first round but didn't know that the guy did them for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, too.

The ones for Pick #15 (Bruce Irvin) were the best by far.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:43   Link #4942
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Hilarious reactions to the first two rounds of the draft.

I'm pretty pleased with how things turned out for the Ravens. Upshaw and Osemele are beasts. Gradkowski can learn from Birk for a year. Jackson is a great punt returner and could develop into a quality nickel. Streeter has the tools to be a vertical threat. And Tyson looks like a good rotational run-stuffer.

The Bernard Pierce pick puzzled me initially, but after watching some video on him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting RB in a season or two. I like Rice but if he's adamant about wanting Adrian Peterson money, he can look for it elsewhere after this season.
You post there?
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:57   Link #4943
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
The A.J. Jenkins pick was surprising, but not bad. Don't mind having another receiver after what happened last year in the NFC Championship game. Hopefully this guy can actually get some separation.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:22   Link #4944
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Moss is looking like his old self in San Francisco.

__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:56   Link #4945
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Anyone might know how do you determine the draft eligibility of a player? In hockey, it's the age, but for football....?
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:14   Link #4946
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Moss is looking like his old self in San Francisco.

It's that yellow hue. Gives it a retro-look.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:19   Link #4947
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Anyone might know how do you determine the draft eligibility of a player? In hockey, it's the age, but for football....?
At least three years of college eligibility.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:08   Link #4948
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
At least three years of college eligibility.
Yet, WRs tend not to mature very well...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:48   Link #4949
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
At least three years of college eligibility.
I believe it's actually 3 years removed from high school. I may be misinterpreting what you mean by "years of college eligibility," but one can graduate high school, go to prep school (which has no effect on college eligibility), then go to college, redshirt, play a year, and then declare (so 3 years removed with 3 years remaining). Dion Lewis from Pitt did this last year.

I am interpreting what you said to mean graduate from high school, play/redshirt, and play for two years (3 years removed with 1 or 2 years remaining).

I think that you can also not even go to college and as long as you're three years out you can enter the Draft.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:38   Link #4950
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Three years out of high school does sound better. I was including prep schoolers and guys like Amobi Okoye, who entered Louisville as a freshman football player at the age of 16 and was drafted at age 19, though.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:13   Link #4951
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
You post there?
Nope. Some guy I'm friends with on Facebook with posted it .

I talk my football on the Ravens site.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:16   Link #4952
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
wait wait wait...wait...holy shit, someone is actually named Nick Toon? o_o
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:44   Link #4953
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I believe it's actually 3 years removed from high school. I may be misinterpreting what you mean by "years of college eligibility," but one can graduate high school, go to prep school (which has no effect on college eligibility), then go to college, redshirt, play a year, and then declare (so 3 years removed with 3 years remaining). Dion Lewis from Pitt did this last year.

I am interpreting what you said to mean graduate from high school, play/redshirt, and play for two years (3 years removed with 1 or 2 years remaining).

I think that you can also not even go to college and as long as you're three years out you can enter the Draft.
You suppose to play 4 years when in college and I think your stating with the underclassmen.

But I'll add this link for information:

http://www.docsports.com/current/nfl-draft-rules.html
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:46   Link #4954
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Moss is looking like his old self in San Francisco.

That describes about age being not a factor. Hoping this cake will cut well for him in San Francisco
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:38   Link #4955
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Breaking News: Junior Seau Dies

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior.../#.T6GJvVJG28B


NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and a law enforcement source at the scene tells us cops believe he shot himself.

Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

If I'm Roger Goodell right now, need to book up for vacation immediately.


Also, RIP Junior Seau

Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:39   Link #4956
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Terrible news about Seau. Rest in peace.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:30   Link #4957
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
R.I.P. Junior Seau.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:42   Link #4958
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Wow, just wow

He was only 43 years old and I know that he has been fight with depression and his demons as well. Its kinda of hard to say anything, he was one of the most favorite NFL players that I follow when I was a kid. RIP, Junior. You wil be going to Canton very soon

BTW, Goodell, needs to start packing quickly
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:52   Link #4959
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
This has nothing to do with Goodell. Hell, this is what Goodell is trying to prevent (assuming the autopsy shows significant brain degradation).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:00   Link #4960
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
This has nothing to do with Goodell. Hell, this is what Goodell is trying to prevent (assuming the autopsy shows significant brain degradation).
I am talking about something else with the Goodell comment.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.