AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-23, 22:47   Link #6021
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Managed to get back early.

lol@niners

Seattle is making it look so easy. Guess I was wrong that it'd be a good game, though it is very entertaining. Wilson needs 3 more TDs to beat Peyton Manning's rookie record? Maybe then he'll finally get some consideration for RotY?

Wonder what the odds are that Smith is put into the game in the second half.

If I was Carroll, considering the history between these two teams, hehehe, I'd start onside kicking it with this lead.
The ability for this Seahawks team to man-handle the Niners. That just shows how good the Seahawks really are right now. And that'll be scary against all the other playoff teams.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:49   Link #6022
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The ability for this Seahawks team to man-handle the Niners. That just shows how good the Seahawks really are right now. And that'll be scary against all the other playoff teams.
Well, to be fair, the Hawks will be travelling in the playoffs.

I'm still hoping for a Denver vs Hawks superbowl though.

Also, Carroll-even though I hate him-could turn his rivalry with Harbie into the stratosphere if he just went for 2 point conversions here on out.
__________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/creb
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/creb
It feels like years since they've been updated, btw.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:53   Link #6023
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The ability for this Seahawks team to man-handle the Niners. That just shows how good the Seahawks really are right now. And that'll be scary against all the other playoff teams.
They'll be competitive but they're undefeated at home and only 3-5 on the road. They may win their Wildcard game, especially if it's against Washington or Dallas, but I don't see them winning what is going to likely be three straight road games.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 23:09   Link #6024
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
They'll be competitive but they're undefeated at home and only 3-5 on the road. They may win their Wildcard game, especially if it's against Washington or Dallas, but I don't see them winning what is going to likely be three straight road games.
Hey, I'm pulling for Seattle to knock out Atlanta.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 23:12   Link #6025
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
42-6,man this game is over.
The Seattle Seahawks are owning the 49ers.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 23:40   Link #6026
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Well, if it's any consolation for this complete beatdown, I can't see any possible way the Niners lose to the Cards next week , so they'll still win the division.

Presumably, Carroll will play his starters lightly next week, so they don't get rusty, but also minimizes injury risks?

Edit: Oh, I stand corrected. Seattle has an outside chance of securing a round 3 home field advantage if they win next week, and the Niners lose to the Cardinals, so maybe they do put in a little effort, though I still can't fathom any possible sequence of events that has the Niners losing to the Cards.
__________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/creb
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/creb
It feels like years since they've been updated, btw.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:06   Link #6027
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Apparently, Green Bay moves into the cat bird seat for the 2nd seed. Beat Minnesota and they got it.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:10   Link #6028
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Apparently, Green Bay moves into the cat bird seat for the 2nd seed. Beat Minnesota and they got it.
There's actually an outside chance that Minnesota wins that game, as it's played at home for the Vikings. I don't think it's very plausible, as Ponder is quite possibly the third worst QB in the entire league, but the likelihood has to be higher there, than the Cardinals beating the Niners next week. :/

I know, as a Bears fan, I have to root for the Vikings, but I honestly don't care at this point. I have zero faith in my Bears winning a playoff game this year, so...meh. About the best I can really hope for is that Minnesota and Green Bay destroy each other so badly that regardless of which makes the playoffs, either one of them is out in the first round. Yes, I don't buy into conference pride. At all. If my Bears aren't going to win a SB, I sure as hell don't want the Vikings or GB doing so.

Really want to see Denver vs Seattle for the big game. I think Denver vs Green Bay is the most likely option, however.
__________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/creb
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/creb
It feels like years since they've been updated, btw.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:18   Link #6029
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
There's actually an outside chance that Minnesota wins that game, as it's played at home for the Vikings. I don't think it's very plausible, as Ponder is quite possibly the third worst QB in the entire league, but the likelihood has to be higher there, than the Cardinals beating the Niners next week. :/

I know, as a Bears fan, I have to root for the Vikings, but I honestly don't care at this point. I have zero faith in my Bears winning a playoff game this year, so...meh. About the best I can really hope for is that Minnesota and Green Bay destroy each other so badly that regardless of which makes the playoffs, either one of them is out in the first round. Yes, I don't buy into conference pride. At all. If my Bears aren't going to win a SB, I sure as hell don't want the Vikings or GB doing so.

Really want to see Denver vs Seattle for the big game. I think Denver vs Green Bay is the most likely option, however.
Meh, Denver hasn't really had major struggles in the second half of the season, which makes me think that they (alongside Atlanta) are primed for an early knock-off. Seattle on the other hand is on fire right now, and the last couple of years have meant that that's best thing to have late in the season. (It's also why I'm favoring Washington to go deep into the post-season)
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:21   Link #6030
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Meh, Denver hasn't really had major struggles in the second half of the season, which makes me think that they (alongside Atlanta) are primed for an early knock-off. Seattle on the other hand is on fire right now, and the last couple of years have meant that that's best thing to have late in the season. (It's also why I'm favoring Washington to go deep into the post-season)
With Seattle likely destroying Washington when they meet, you're going to have to choose one over the other, and not be high on both.

For the record, I obviously think Seattle wins big in that matchup, and I hope it'll force the media to acknowledge Wilson as RotY.

I just don't see anyone in the AFC beating Denver. Unlike the days when Manning was with the Colts, Denver hasn't relaxed one bit going into the playoffs.

Edit: Also, while I'd like Seattle to play Washington, so Wilson can get the RotY award, I think it's very unwise for the Redskins to overlook the Cowboys. I'm no Dallas fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they are playing some good football right now, and a win is hardly a lock for Washington.
__________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/creb
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/creb
It feels like years since they've been updated, btw.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-12-24 at 00:32.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:24   Link #6031
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
They flexed the gaaaaaamee!!!

Dallas week begins now!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:26   Link #6032
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
So apparently Russell Wilson is only one TD pass away from the rookie record held by Peyton Manning. It's quite plausible he could break that in the regular season finale against Washington.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:29   Link #6033
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Meh, Denver hasn't really had major struggles in the second half of the season, which makes me think that they (alongside Atlanta) are primed for an early knock-off. Seattle on the other hand is on fire right now, and the last couple of years have meant that that's best thing to have late in the season. (It's also why I'm favoring Washington to go deep into the post-season)
Usually when it comes those of teams (like Houston), there are obvious weakness that become apparent before the post-season. I haven't seen that in Denver. Denver is heading into the playoffs with a top 5 offense (that can pass and run successfully) AND a top 5 defense. Also, the AFC is really weak this year, no other team looks really all that impressive. Houston looks lost, New England has their moments, Baltimore is up-and-down, Indy is too young and has no defense, Cincy. . .nothing really needs to be said about them, they're just 'there'.

The NFC is another story. It's a pretty big crapshoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
They flexed the gaaaaaamee!!!

Dallas week begins now!
No surprise. To be honest, I kinda hope they win. I find myself actually liking Tony Romo, he has to put up with a lot of shit.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:33   Link #6034
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I just don't see anyone in the AFC beating Denver. Unlike the days when Manning was with the Colts, Denver hasn't relaxed one bit going into the playoffs.
I think there are few teams that can beat them, like The New England Patriots and the Houston Texans.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:37   Link #6035
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I think there are few teams that can beat them, like The New England Patriots and the Houston Texans.
Anything is possible, but I doubt anyone in the AFC is worried about Houston, and the very probable Patriots vs Broncos rematch is, imo, in Denver's favor, as these are two very different teams than what they were in week 5. (Same reasoning is why I don't think Houston vs Denver is going to be much of a game; I see the Patriots as the only remotely legitimate threat to Denver in the AFC).

But, in the end, teams have to win it on the field, and not the message boards, so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
No surprise. To be honest, I kinda hope they win. I find myself actually liking Tony Romo, he has to put up with a lot of shit.
Romo is a far better player than he gets credit for-certainly far better than what Cowboy fans seem to think of him.

Normally I'd be rooting for the Cowboys to beat the Redskins, but I want a Wilson vs RG III match-up too much this year.
__________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/creb
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/creb
It feels like years since they've been updated, btw.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:55   Link #6036
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
So playoff scenarios. . .

Spoiler:


Ah, the New York Giants, from Super Bowl champion to flat out missing the playoffs barring a miracle. That would sound outrageous if they hadn't done it before.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 00:55   Link #6037
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Remember, when another teammate fumbles, drops a good catch or lets a punt go by, it's Romo's fault
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 01:30   Link #6038
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Remember, when another teammate fumbles, drops a good catch or lets a punt go by, it's Romo's fault
Dez Bryant was liable for some of that in the 1st half of the season. 2nd half , he has really lifted his game. Murray being injured for roughly half the season didn't help their cause - when Murray plays, Romo doesn't have to throw the house down and makes far less of those crazy turnovers. There's some guys missing on defense and it showed tonight.

Despite all the insanity, you'd think this season has more plusses for Dallas than last season. At least they can control their fate since they're versing Washington. That and Packers-Vikings will make for an intriguing finish as usual in the NFC.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 02:08   Link #6039
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
I think their only real bad game was against the Seahawks, everything else has been rather close when it was small mistakes (I think they're #1 in Penalties this season...) that ended up costing them games they should have had in the bag (Ravens and tonight the Saints spring to mind). The lack of defense in the middle of the field was gut wrenching...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 02:51   Link #6040
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Actually, according to NFLcom people, they say Washington is #1 in penalties this season.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.