AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-24, 03:45   Link #6041
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Actually, according to NFLcom people, they say Washington is #1 in penalties this season.
I still remember the bonehead unsportsmanship conduct penalty that cost them a game. Like Week 4 or 5, or something.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:07   Link #6042
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Terrible loss for the 49ers. That's okay though. This team usually rises to the top level when their backs are against the wall. Better to have these problems now rather than later. The defense needs to get it's act together, but most of all they need to get Justin Smith back. I don't know how long his elbow injury will keep him out, but apparently it's bad enough that he won't play next week against the Cardinals. Arizona shouldn't be a problem to deal with at home, especially now that the 49ers got smoked. Hopefully the Vikings find it in themselves to beat the Packers while the 49ers are getting crowned NFC champs. Everyone will be on the Seattle bandwagon now, and rightfully so. All I have to say is good luck playing three straight playoff teams on the road into the playoffs most likely without Richard Sherman.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:10   Link #6043
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Watch the Raiders and Panthers game, and I got to say, Cam Newton is a real hot head and needs to get rid of that attitude of his or he may find himself out job.
I doubt teams want a guy who can't control him emotions.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:26   Link #6044
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
By the way, I was at a family party and literally spent a couple of minutes trying to explain the simple nuances of how the playoff structure worked to a grown man in his 40's. My uncle's friend.

He simply didn't understand that the higher seed will always host a playoff game to a lower seed. I mentioned if that if the 49ers won against the Cardinals, they would win the division and Seattle wouldn't host a playoff game if they went head to head in the playoffs. He kept trying to tell me that if the Seahawks beat Green Bay in the playoffs, and the 49ers get far or something that Seattle would host a game I kept telling him it wouldn't work like that, but it was one of those situations where someone that is older than someone else just believes they're right...just because they're older. It was very simple to understand. After a while I just had to give up. Really though, it's as simple as 2 + 2.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-12-24 at 05:18.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:29   Link #6045
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
it was one of those situations where someone that is older than someone else just believes they're right...just because they're older. It was very simple to understand. After a while I just had to give up. Really though, it's as simple as 2 + 2.
There comes a point, where y'just walk away believing the person to be an idiot.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:38   Link #6046
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
There comes a point, where y'just walk away believing the person to be an idiot.
I had to hold back a smirk when he said "Look I'm just trying to help you".
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 09:38   Link #6047
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The AFC is set team-wise, the only thing that can change is homefield between Denver and Houston and who is the division winner or wildcard team between Baltimore and Cincy next week.
I think New England could move into a bye too if Houston loses and they win. And Baltimore should have the North won outright at this point. It only could have shifted if they had lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
And what is probably the single most important game left in the regular season has started…
Come now, don't let your bias show. Washington/Dallas next week has playoff implications for 4 teams. Seattle/San Francisco had playoff implications for... Seattle, and a bit of seeding. That's it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 10:58   Link #6048
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Come now, don't let your bias show. Washington/Dallas next week has playoff implications for 4 teams. Seattle/San Francisco had playoff implications for... Seattle, and a bit of seeding. That's it.
I think too many people assume the Redskins are going to win that game to take it seriously, but you're right. I also think Dallas is playing very good football right now, and that a win is hardly a lock for Washington, though you have to give them the upper hand as they are playing at home with a win on their belt in Dallas.

Also, wouldn't SF have earned themselves a first round bye if they had beaten Seattle last night? I really hope you're not insinuating that SF had nothing to play for last night.

As far as all the passive aggressive comments about Seattle's chances at winning three games in a row on the road...well, if recent history is anything to go by (Steelers, Packers, Giants), I think it's far less a detriment than some would think.

From my perspective, I see Seattle destroying Washington. I guess I'm just not much of a believer in Washington (for the record, I don't believe in the Colts or Bengals either, and think there's a decent chance Dallas makes this all moot next week anyways).

After demolishing San Fran last night, with a relatively close game played in SF earlier in the season, I'd feel pretty good about Seattle's chances in the Bay as well. I think the Packers win, and playing at Lambeau in the winter is the only truly tough road game I see facing Seattle. If I had to bet money on that game, I'd have to bet on the Packers, and I hate them. If, by some chance, it's Atlanta they face, I'd chalk that up as an easy win for Seattle.

There's probably a better chance my Bears make the playoffs than there is against it (both the Bears and GB are, imo, favored to win their respective games-ok, actually, with how shitty our O has been, I'm not even sure we're favored in our matchup with the Lions at this point), but our offense is so dysfunctional that we'd just be fodder, much as I see the Bengals, Colts, and Redskins (and, Vikings and Giants if they make it in as well). I'd be more psyched if my Bears had a shot at ruining the Packer's chances at getting to the SB, but the chances of them even meeting are so low, I just don't care. And, if by some chance they did meet, I'd have zero faith they could actually win that game.

Also. Fire Lovie Smith. Wtf. "I've always been a big Packers fan." WTF!!!??? Just fire his ass already!

So, Denver vs Seahawks. Go!

Last edited by creb; 2012-12-24 at 11:26.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 12:49   Link #6049
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Also, wouldn't SF have earned themselves a first round bye if they had beaten Seattle last night? I really hope you're not insinuating that SF had nothing to play for last night.
I'm not, but one team playing for a clinch (with another week left against a mediocre opponent, so they would've likely clinched anyway), and another jostling for a bye, does not equate to a single match that can determine whether 4 teams even make it to the playoffs or not, with no "backup plan" the following week.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 22:01   Link #6050
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
After demolishing San Fran last night, with a relatively close game played in SF earlier in the season, I'd feel pretty good about Seattle's chances in the Bay as well.
Meh. San Francisco has had a weird pattern ever since Harbaugh has taken the team over. Whenever the media has them as favorites, they fall down, but when they slight them, the team seems a lot more focused and determined and usually wins. Examples of this would be against Green Bay, New Orleans, Chicago, and New England whom all seemed to be favored to win, and San Francisco beat the shit out of them.

This loss will make the 49ers more determined heading into the future. If the Seahawks came to Candlestick I'd feel very confident winning against a team that has struggled on the road the majority of the season, although they are playing well as of now. The only thing I'm worried about is injuries that are starting to pile up to key players including Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, and Mario Manningham.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 00:44   Link #6051
TiaxZatch
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
[QUOTE=creb;4487895


As far as all the passive aggressive comments about Seattle's chances at winning three games in a row on the road...well, if recent history is anything to go by (Steelers, Packers, Giants), I think it's far less a detriment than some would think. [/quote]

Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning are in a separate category than Russell Wilson. I mean I like Wilson, everyone does but he's not at that point yet. Seattle runs the ball down it's opponents throats for time of possession which enables rest for their defense. Now I know they've been outscoring people like 50-7 but really it's the defense carrying the load. A defense which frankly is a bit more tame on the road.

Quote:
From my perspective, I see Seattle destroying Washington. I guess I'm just not much of a believer in Washington (for the record, I don't believe in the Colts or Bengals either, and think there's a decent chance Dallas makes this all moot next week anyways).
Washington is hot at the moment. Maybe it's a bit too early because if they make playoffs they still need to win 4 more games. So yeah I'm also not a huge believer in them.

Quote:
After demolishing San Fran last night, with a relatively close game played in SF earlier in the season, I'd feel pretty good about Seattle's chances in the Bay as well. I think the Packers win, and playing at Lambeau in the winter is the only truly tough road game I see facing Seattle.
Seattle is below .500 away from Qwest. Qwest is just a monster advantage for them but I don't think they can edge out 2 or 3 road wins against the top NFC teams.


Quote:
Also. Fire Lovie Smith. Wtf. "I've always been a big Packers fan." WTF!!!??? Just fire his ass already!
As a Giants fan who has Perry Fewell, who if you don't know him just is a Lovie Smith copy cat. We suck at trying to be the Bears. I too wish for a quick firing.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:53   Link #6052
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Terrible loss for the 49ers. That's okay though. This team usually rises to the top level when their backs are against the wall. Better to have these problems now rather than later. The defense needs to get it's act together, but most of all they need to get Justin Smith back. I don't know how long his elbow injury will keep him out, but apparently it's bad enough that he won't play next week against the Cardinals. Arizona shouldn't be a problem to deal with at home, especially now that the 49ers got smoked. Hopefully the Vikings find it in themselves to beat the Packers while the 49ers are getting crowned NFC champs. Everyone will be on the Seattle bandwagon now, and rightfully so. All I have to say is good luck playing three straight playoff teams on the road into the playoffs most likely without Richard Sherman.
Sherman playoff bound. I think people are making too much of Seahawks road record. The largest margin they loss by was 7 points I think. They are in every game.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:55   Link #6053
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Sherman playoff bound. I think people are making too much of Seahawks road record. The largest margin they loss by was 7 points I think. They are in every game.
People need to grasp whatever they can in the face of the Hawk's utter dominance of analyst's darling favorite to make it to the Superbowl (Niners).

You are totally right though. And, that game was against the Niners in San Fran, and could have gone either way and was way back in October. I'd be pretty confident, as a Hawks fan, of beating the Niners at San Fran in any possible rematch in the playoffs.

But, Samari is a Niners fan, so cut him some slack. At least he showed up (late) after the game.

Anyways, as down as I am on San Fran, I think the Rams have a better chance of pulling an upset on Seattle than the Cards do on the Niners tomorrow. I can't think of a more dysfunctional offense than what the Cards have, even if the Jets get all the headlines in that area.

Even though my Bears are heavy favorites vs the Lions tomorrow, I don't even care. Frankly, I want them to lose, because the last thing I want is for there to be anything that helps Lovie Smith keep his job. I'm probably going to commit sacrilege and watch Eagles/Giants instead, on the off-chance Vick has a one game renaissance (as shitty as he and the Eagles have been, when they do click...Vick is highly entertaining to watch).
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:59   Link #6054
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Anyways, as down as I am on San Fran, I think the Rams have a better chance of pulling an upset on Seattle than the Cards do on the Niners tomorrow.
Considering how utterly god awful the Cardinals are, I'd hope you'd give the Rams better chances of pulling an upset.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:15   Link #6055
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Well the last week for Oakland, I will be interested in seeing how Terrelle Pryor does as starting QB.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:18   Link #6056
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well the last week for Oakland, I will be interested in seeing how Terrelle Pryor does as starting QB.
Prediction: Tebow-level of bad, without a miracle throw to win the game.

Though, I am definitely not knocking on their choice to go with Pryor. Leinart is just so....bleh. I've never seen a college QB with so much pocket-passing pro potential turn out to be so bleh in the NFL in the last decade or two. I guess the transition from playing on one of college FB's best offenses where everything was so easy, to the NFL, where you have to have an actual drive to win, just wasn't cut out for him.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:27   Link #6057
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Sherman playoff bound. I think people are making too much of Seahawks road record. The largest margin they loss by was 7 points I think. They are in every game.
But being in every game and winning every game are two different things. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
People need to grasp whatever they can in the face of the Hawk's utter dominance of analyst's darling favorite to make it to the Superbowl (Niners).

You are totally right though. And, that game was against the Niners in San Fran, and could have gone either way and was way back in October. I'd be pretty confident, as a Hawks fan, of beating the Niners at San Fran in any possible rematch in the playoffs.

But, Samari is a Niners fan, so cut him some slack. At least he showed up (late) after the game.

Anyways, as down as I am on San Fran, I think the Rams have a better chance of pulling an upset on Seattle than the Cards do on the Niners tomorrow. I can't think of a more dysfunctional offense than what the Cards have, even if the Jets get all the headlines in that area.

Even though my Bears are heavy favorites vs the Lions tomorrow, I don't even care. Frankly, I want them to lose, because the last thing I want is for there to be anything that helps Lovie Smith keep his job. I'm probably going to commit sacrilege and watch Eagles/Giants instead, on the off-chance Vick has a one game renaissance (as shitty as he and the Eagles have been, when they do click...Vick is highly entertaining to watch).
It's alright. San Francisco usually dominates when they are underdogs. Ironically, this is actually playing into San Francisco's hands. Just like when San Francisco was doubted against New Orleans last season, Green Bay this season on the road, New Orleans this season on the road, and the Patriots this season on the road. Seattle is going to have a lot of pressure on themselves to perform in their first playoff game on the road. It won't be like 2010 when they were expected to get demolished by New Orleans.

Oh and am I on a timetable schedule or something? Showing up "late" after the game? Dafuq? As I recall you weren't even around after the 49ers beat the Seahawks in October.

Anyways, if the 49ers were to meet Seattle in the playoffs, even if it were to be in Seattle again, I'd feel confident myself pulling out a victory. The 49ers looked like they needed a rest in a the worst way after that game against the Patriots. Now they'll have a chip on their shoulder whether they win or shockingly lose to the Cardinals. Should be interesting.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-12-30 at 05:42.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 13:20   Link #6058
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
I know I'm like the only Redskin fan here within 1000 cyber miles but I CANT be the only one excited about the Sunday Night Game
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 13:27   Link #6059
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I know I'm like the only Redskin fan here within 1000 cyber miles but I CANT be the only one excited about the Sunday Night Game
Most of my family members are Redskins fans so I am kinda excited i'm gonna be watching the game

But I really need the Colts to beat the Texans they are already in the lead. Texans lose and my Broncos win and we will clinch the 1st seed.
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 13:31   Link #6060
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I know I'm like the only Redskin fan here within 1000 cyber miles but I CANT be the only one excited about the Sunday Night Game
I'm not a Redskins fan, but I am an RGIII fan. Therefore, I'm excited for the game. One of the only two games I'm excited for this week (other being GB vs Minn).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.