AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-08-15, 23:02   Link #6921
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well this is a college thread as well so might as well post some news too about it. I don't really watch college football anyhow.

The aftermath of Manziel's signing scandal now his Texas A&M even banning photographs with the players. Afterwards, Dez Bryant said that Manziel should be suspended while Adrian Peterson said Manziel should be given the right to make money off his name.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 20:59   Link #6922
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well this is a college thread as well so might as well post some news too about it. I don't really watch college football anyhow.

The aftermath of Manziel's signing scandal now his Texas A&M even banning photographs with the players. Afterwards, Dez Bryant said that Manziel should be suspended while Adrian Peterson said Manziel should be given the right to make money off his name.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I find it all very amusing.

Jay Bilas is one of my idols and his thing with the search feature on NCAA.com was genius.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 03:02   Link #6923
Samari
World's Greatest

I only caught the early part of the 49ers game against the Chiefs. It wasn't that great. Actually worse than I thought it would be. Colin Kaepernick was pulled after one series. Which is fine, although I wish I could have saw him stay in there for another series. I think he led the 49ers to a field goal. Here are some other observations from what I saw from the early team units:

- Our backup quarterbacks are hideous. I was already skeptical with Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzein, but they were just terrible. The protection was a little shaky for them, but even when they had opportunities to make plays, they crumbled.

- The defense was pretty stout even without everyone in there. Our second unit kept the Chiefs starters at bay. I think the only touchdown they had in the game was from a kickoff return.

- AJ Jenkins continues to look lost out there. There are rumors that he might not even get a roster spot, and at this point I wouldn't get surprised. He hasn't had a lot of opportunities, but at the same time when he has had them he's been essentially a no-show.

- I'd like to see BJ Daniels get more reps. He's the 4th string quarterback right now, and I don't think that is even his main-stay position as he's been moved around a lot, but when he got a chance in the 4th quarter he shined leading a 90 yard touchdown drive. Yeah it was against scrubs, but he was also playing with scrubs.

- Chuck Jacobs, the wide receiver from Utah State showed something for the second straight week. I hope to see him get some more action too. Maybe he can make the practice squad.

I'm going to watch the entire game again once I acquire the game file. The good thing is that the starters still look solid. The bad thing is that we better hope Kaepernick never goes down.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 21:51   Link #6924
sky black swordman

^ I guess you'll be holding your breath whenever Kaepernick decides to run with the ball and takes a hit.
Old 2013-08-18, 02:36   Link #6925
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ I guess you'll be holding your breath whenever Kaepernick decides to run with the ball and takes a hit.
Unless BJ Daniels is our number two quarterback, yeah. But hey, if your franchise quarterback is out your season is over anyways. Doesn't matter what team you are. Maybe you're making the playoffs, but you aren't winning the Super Bowl. Unless you're the 1990 Giants or 1987 Redskins.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-08-18, 03:28   Link #6926
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
There is one thing I've noticed about him..... as a mobile Quarterback, he is very different than others. RGIII is likely to take huge hits compare to Kaepernick even though RGIII is far superior athletically. Kaepernick seems to glide whenever he is taking off. I can't even explain it any better other than to predict that he will be alright........ meaning, his chances of getting injured is probably just as much as another not-so-mobile quarterback.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:42   Link #6927
Samari
World's Greatest

The 49ers don't even unleash him on designed runs that often. He usually takes off if he can't find anyone open. The 49ers have a strong running game though with Gore, Hunter, and James and were the most balanced offense in the NFL last season with the run and pass in terms of ratio I heard. So his exposure won't be as profound as a lot of people think.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-08-18, 03:45   Link #6928
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The 49ers don't even unleash him on designed runs that often. He usually takes off if he can't find anyone open. The 49ers have a strong running game though with Gore, Hunter, and James and were the most balanced offense in the NFL last season with the run and pass in terms of ratio I heard. So his exposure won't be as profound as a lot of people think.
...Agreed.
Old 2013-08-19, 10:08   Link #6929
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It is official, I will hardly ever turn to ESPN to listen to news about football. I wonder how much those analysts get paid because they do not do research. Skip Bayless the other day said that "the Seahawks were more a threat in the AFC than the Patriots"

Here is my reaction to this
Old 2013-08-19, 12:41   Link #6930
VTHokiePride

So the 49ers trade AJ Jenkins to the Chiefs for Jon Baldwin. Both were first round draft picks, both were a disappointment. Also, Von Miller may get a 6 game suspension instead of the initial 4 for violation of the NFL's drug policy.
Old 2013-08-19, 13:06   Link #6931
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
So the 49ers trade AJ Jenkins to the Chiefs for Jon Baldwin. Both were first round draft picks, both were a disappointment. Also, Von Miller may get a 6 game suspension instead of the initial 4 for violation of the NFL's drug policy.
Agreed with the two first rounders, not sure how this would help each team. Both were not very good receiver, As for Von Miller, if he does get suspended that many games, J.J Watts will be the Defensive Player of the Year.
Old 2013-08-19, 19:13   Link #6932
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Also, Von Miller may get a 6 game suspension instead of the initial 4 for violation of the NFL's drug policy.
That's one big blow to the Denver Broncos defence, if they lose him for 6 games.

And one of the Quarterback competitions ended today: Blaine Gabbert is going to be Jacksonville Jaguars' starting QB. Thoughts?
Old 2013-08-19, 19:25   Link #6933
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
That's one big blow to the Denver Broncos defence, if they lose him for 6 games.

And one of the Quarterback competitions ended today: Blaine Gabbert is going to be Jacksonville Jaguars' starting QB. Thoughts?
Personally I like the move. Blaine Gabbert has more upside than Henne. Right now, he hasn't shown anything to be an extremely talented Quarterback. Franchise Quarterback is a big maybe, his first two years in my opinion wasn't a fair shake. It all depends this year for Gabbert, if he fails Jaguars are drafting a Quarterback first. If he succeeds and may great improvement in his game then Jaguars will look for something else in the first round. He got a good offensive line now and better weapons. What depends however is can he stay in the pocket, his first two years in the NFL and a bad offensive line kinda of made it second nature for him to run out. Hopefully that change. Also with Maurice Jones Drew back, it will make it easier for him. I expect him to average around 3300 years this year. Maybe 22 Touchdowns and 9 Interceptions. Hopefully he get only sacked 30 or lower.
Old 2013-08-19, 21:37   Link #6934
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Blaine Gabbert does not equal winning, I am sorry Jacksonville fans

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 03:28   Link #6935
sky black swordman

More news on Miller: Von Miller reportedly named as potential witness to 2012 murders.

Also: Massachusetts State Police have recovered a gun they say is linked to an unsolved double slaying in Boston, which police are investigating for a possible link to former New England Patriots tight end, Aaron Hernandez.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:31   Link #6936
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Soon we are going to find out that Aaron Hernandez is the Bay Harbor Butcher.
Old 2013-08-20, 14:19   Link #6937
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Blaine Gabbert does not equal winning, I am sorry Jacksonville fans
We know, and I will admit that. It is actually reassurance to know that they are giving him a fair shake this year unlike the past two years to play. If he fails, its okay plenty of good Quarterbacks in next year's draft. If he plays above average and shown good amount of improvement, there is no need to start from scratch and draft a Quarterback in later rounds and just improve the team as a whole. Many realistic Jaguars fan knows they are most likely will not hit the playoffs. The highest ceiling expected is to break even.
Old 2013-08-20, 15:47   Link #6938
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
We know, and I will admit that. It is actually reassurance to know that they are giving him a fair shake this year unlike the past two years to play. If he fails, its okay plenty of good Quarterbacks in next year's draft. If he plays above average and shown good amount of improvement, there is no need to start from scratch and draft a Quarterback in later rounds and just improve the team as a whole. Many realistic Jaguars fan knows they are most likely will not hit the playoffs. The highest ceiling expected is to break even.
Gabbert has the tools now. Jones-Drew is back and he has Eric Fisher to protect him. Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon are a decent pair of receivers. Blackmon performed well when Chad Henne was throwing to him. The defensive secondary needs to improve though.
Old 2013-08-20, 15:58   Link #6939
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Even if it's preseason, good to see the Steelers lose to the 'Skins.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:21   Link #6940
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Von Miller will receive 6 game suspension for violating drug policy. Official statement from the NFL.

Tags
american football, sports