AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2013-10-21, 19:39   Link #7361
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's a LOT of teams only 1 game behind Jets and Chargers (Ravens, Dolphins, Titans, Browns, Bills). Any of them have a shot. Of those, the Dolphins are only 3-3, so you could say they're only half a game behind. It's going to be a desperate fight for that 6th seed, and to see whether the Bengals and Pats can be upset and lose their current spots.
All of these have a better shot of making the playoffs than Chargers and Jets. I'm expecting the Chargers to choke just like they always do when the second half of the season starts.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:32   Link #7362
GDB

I dunno, the Chargers have fate on their side! It's said that the first team to play the Eagles at home each year wins the Super Bowl, and that'd be the Chargers this year! This has been true since 2009!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 22:41   Link #7363
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Pats losing 30-27, after beating the Saints 30-27, thanks, in-part, to former Saint Chris Ivory who ran through that defense like a ball of butcher knives, AND Broncos losing knocking all the undefeated teams down (Nobody thinks KC is a for real undefeated, but they are good and game manager Alex Smith hasn't sold out yet)...

Nothing sweeter than watching the Pats lose trying to cheat as usual...

Last week they cheated and won on the last play, this week not so much...

This was a pick me up weekend...
Old 2013-10-21, 22:44   Link #7364
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It appears that the Giants will win their first game tonight.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 08:10   Link #7365
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
(Nobody thinks KC is a for real undefeated, but they are good and game manager Alex Smith hasn't sold out yet)
Really? The "0" in the L column would indicate otherwise. You cannot just arbitrarily pick and choose who you deem worthy enough to be "undefeated". The record decides that, and their record is what it is.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:24   Link #7366
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Really? The "0" in the L column would indicate otherwise. You cannot just arbitrarily pick and choose who you deem worthy enough to be "undefeated". The record decides that, and their record is what it is.
I just think he means no one takes them seriously yet because of who they have beaten so far.

Titans - I'm not sure when the last time anyone took this team seriously.
Dallas - well...it's Dallas, and they're the only team w/ a winning record currently that KC has beat.
Philly - people hyped up Vick again like they always do...not that I think he would have made a difference even if he wasn't injured.
Jags - it's the Jags...seriously
Giants - they shit the bed since their last SB win...
Texans - their rollercoaster came to a fiery, bloody crash after the playoffs last season
Raiders - it's the Raiders...

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-10-22 at 10:35.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 10:48   Link #7367
Samari
World's Greatest

Glad we got back to this.

Quote:
Pats losing 30-27, after beating the Saints 30-27, thanks, in-part, to former Saint Chris Ivory who ran through that defense like a ball of butcher knives, AND Broncos losing knocking all the undefeated teams down (Nobody thinks KC is a for real undefeated, but they are good and game manager Alex Smith hasn't sold out yet)...

Nothing sweeter than watching the Pats lose trying to cheat as usual...

Last week they cheated and won on the last play, this week not so much...

This was a pick me up weekend...
You're a Saints fan complaining about the Patriots cheating, which didn't even happen last weekend. New Orleans just got pawned by Brady. Put down the Saints cup dude and take your loss like a man.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 11:05   Link #7368
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I just think he means no one takes them seriously yet because of who they have beaten so far.
Possibly, but he could have said it in a far less pretentious manner. Saying they aren't "really undefeated" is just stupid when they haven't lost. The only time you can say a team isn't "really undefeated" while having no losses is before Week 1's games.
Old 2013-10-22, 11:16   Link #7369
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

pretentious is his MO ;D
Old 2013-10-22, 23:43   Link #7370
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ (Like Archer) duuuh

Quote:
Literal much? Mr. DJ explained it well and he's on the ones and twos...

As for the rest, all I'm saying:

Spoiler for CHEATED LAST WEEK:

Spoiler for CHEATED THIS WEEK:

That's the Patriots...Although the Jets play was worst because Belichick tried to skirt the rules by using a lineman to do the illegal maneuver as opposed to a linebacker (the second-level bullshit he tried to hide behind)...
Old 2013-10-23, 00:15   Link #7371
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

that's one 0 loss team out the way. Now Tampa Bay just needs to win a fucking game.

Week 8...literally the only thing I'm looking forward to now is the draft. If the Bucs end up going 0-16 too and get the number 1 pick over us (which they will because they have a weaker schedule...which is a complete horseshit way to determine which tied crappy teams get a higher pick) then it will be interesting decision as to whether we draft Marcus Mariota or Jadeveon Clowney.

Also, I want us to trade up and get a second first round draft pick and use that on Mike Evans. We'd literally have one of the best receiving cores in the league.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:26   Link #7372
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Dude what happened to you guys??

I used to rock a Mark Brunell jersey all the time when I was younger...Hell I even met Brett Favre and had to explain to him (as he poked me in the ribs incessantly) why I was wearing his former backups threads instead of his and I told him Jacksonville has the coolest jerseys (well they used to, sighs) and Brunell is awesome...

WTF happened man, I don't even get how they got this bad this quickly...The Bryon Leftwich days must feel like the days of Kings...
Old 2013-10-23, 00:57   Link #7373
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Tom Coughlin left and Gene Smith had free reign to turn everything to shit for 10 straight years.
Old 2013-10-23, 08:38   Link #7374
GDB

I think Tampa will pull out a win in Week 16 against St. Louis, now that they don't have Bradford.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:19   Link #7375
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

I think Tampa Bay wins tomorrow.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:33   Link #7376
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
that's one 0 loss team out the way. Now Tampa Bay just needs to win a fucking game.

Week 8...literally the only thing I'm looking forward to now is the draft. If the Bucs end up going 0-16 too and get the number 1 pick over us (which they will because they have a weaker schedule...which is a complete horseshit way to determine which tied crappy teams get a higher pick) then it will be interesting decision as to whether we draft Marcus Mariota or Jadeveon Clowney.

Also, I want us to trade up and get a second first round draft pick and use that on Mike Evans. We'd literally have one of the best receiving cores in the league.
There are rumors about what the Jaguars may do. The rumors fall into two categories. The first is if they get the first selection in the 2014 Draft, the rumors is they select first for Bridgewaters or maybe trade down to either in the top 5 (many say 2nd) to select Marcus Mariota and acquire more picks. The other side is that they are don't get the first selection and it falls to either the Giants or the Buccaneers, the Jaguars will simply just stay where they are or trade down to get more picks. The same old routine.

I've been watching Mariota and been comparing him with Bridgewater, Bridewater is a pocket Quarterback while Mariota is a dual threat like Russel Wilson. Bridgewater is polish while Mariota has the potential to be better than Bridgewater if developed correctly in the right system. The conflict I believe that will play heavily on whether or not for Bridgewater or Mariota is the offensive line. If the offensive line does not make big improvement, they would be better off getting Mariota who can surive out of the pocket unlike Bridgwater. While if the Jaguars make great lengths to improve the offensive line, then Bridewater.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:39   Link #7377
GDB

Well, it shouldn't fall to the Giants now unless the Jags win a game.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:50   Link #7378
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well, it shouldn't fall to the Giants now unless the Jags win a game.
True, but even if they get the first selection they will most likely select Clowney. What I really want for the Jaguars is for them to improve the offensive line for the next Quarterback. They must also improve the defensive line, Marks cannot be the only person doing work. Thankfully the Jaguars has a lot of money for next year.
Old 2013-10-23, 11:45   Link #7379
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Literal much? Mr. DJ explained it well and he's on the ones and twos...
well...at least it's not sixes and sevens <.< *starts humming some Tech N9ne*
Old 2013-10-23, 19:21   Link #7380
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
There are rumors about what the Jaguars may do. The rumors fall into two categories. The first is if they get the first selection in the 2014 Draft, the rumors is they select first for Bridgewaters or maybe trade down to either in the top 5 (many say 2nd) to select Marcus Mariota and acquire more picks. The other side is that they are don't get the first selection and it falls to either the Giants or the Buccaneers, the Jaguars will simply just stay where they are or trade down to get more picks. The same old routine.

I've been watching Mariota and been comparing him with Bridgewater, Bridewater is a pocket Quarterback while Mariota is a dual threat like Russel Wilson. Bridgewater is polish while Mariota has the potential to be better than Bridgewater if developed correctly in the right system. The conflict I believe that will play heavily on whether or not for Bridgewater or Mariota is the offensive line. If the offensive line does not make big improvement, they would be better off getting Mariota who can surive out of the pocket unlike Bridgwater. While if the Jaguars make great lengths to improve the offensive line, then Bridewater.
I like Bridgewater far more for the future. He can run too actually. He runs a 4.6. If you watch him play at Louisville when he takes off he's as fast as anyone. But he stays in the pocket and looks to pass first and pass second and uses his mobility to avoid people rather than take off and only does it when he's sure he'll get a first down. He's like Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck in that way.

Bridgwater is clearly the best QB prospect to come out of college in the last 10 years other than Luck.

Mariota just has too many questions for me and while he does have the potential to be very SLIGHTLY better than Bridgewater in the future when you couple his height, speed, and arm strength it's not enough for me to pick him over Bridgwater. We don't know if he can operate under a pro style offense and make his own reads, we don't know how accurate he'll be without the threat of his run, and we don't know if he'll be able to handle the pressure of an elite NFL level defense.

All the above questions are answered with Bridgwater. He's the safest bet to be an elite QB in the NFL by far and he's ready now.

In terms of NFL comparison between the two, Bridgwater = Aaron Rodgers and Mariota = Kaep. I'd take Rodgers over Kaep every time.

Tags
american football, sports