AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-07, 06:22   Link #7481
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
True, but I don't think that the Texans would let him off without getting any value off of him. The situation of Michael Vick and Rex Grossman seems to be more ideal, both Quarterbacks are veterans. Though Michael Vick seems to be more ideal into the situation the Jaguars are in.

Depending on the Buccaneers, Jaguars are either getting Bridgewater or Mariota. Mariota is a dual threat Quarterback that is equally dangerous scrambling as he does passing. Bridgewater is a pocket Quarterback, but when he needs to, he is a shabby scrambler.

Michael Vick would be perfect for the Jaguars to mentor either Bridewater and Mariota. While Vick has his struggles, I believe new scenery could spark something of him. Plus, considering what kind of season he has had. He would not be asking more than 3.5 million I believe. As well, he works better in the offensive scheme of Jedd Fisch than Schaub and Grossman.
Perhaps Houston trades Schaub. Either way, I think he's played his last game as a Texan. Unless Keenum gets hurt. Schaub will be too expensive to keep. Like I said I don't know if he'll be a free agent (I don't think so), but he should be off the roster one way or another.

Vick would be interesting, but you know you're only going to get like 8 games max from him. He just can't stay healthy at all.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:45   Link #7482
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
If he declares Mariota is going in the top 3 but I don't want it to be us. We've risked top picks too many times and gotten burned to do it again. I want to go the safe route for once instead of always getting slapped in the fast with our top first round picks. If the pick isn't a sure thing like Bridgewater or Clowney I don't want to take it. Anyway, I see Mariota going to the Vikings. I think Arizona is going to draft Tajh Boyd, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans stunned everyone and drafted Manziel. I also see Cleveland picking up Zach Mettenberger with their second first round pick (and use the first on Mike Evans).
If the Buccaneers do indeed get the first pick, then we need to trade down or take the best pick Clowney. The Eagles and Vikings would jump like a kangaroo to trade up to get Mariota at number 2, while we get a our first pick and an additional picks maybe another whole pairs of 3rd day draft picks. Ideally, we would want the Vikings, they would select Mariota and we will still get to pick the best player in Clowney. We then in the 2nd round could draft Zach Mettenberger or in the 3rd round Aaron Murray. It would make wonders for us if we can trade our first pick and receive a first rounder plus two more picks ideally. That is only if the Jaguars doesn't get the first pick, that would be our gameplan. A trade to the Vikings for their first rounder, Clowney, and gain maybe either a 2nd or 3rd rounder, though ideally their entire 2nd day or 3rd day draft picks.

If we indeed get the first pick, no brainier, get Bridgewater. Then either trade down either on 2nd or 3rd pick or even lower for more picks if we are selecting someone in the middle of the pack for talent in those rounds like for instance the second round for Christian Jones ILB at 2nd, Travis Swanson C at 2nd, and Michael Sam at 2nd. If there are people like an Kyle Van Noy OLB at 2nd, a Ra'shede Hageman at 2nd, and Gabe Jackson OG at 2nd. Get those and trade down the 3rd rounder or below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Perhaps Houston trades Schaub. Either way, I think he's played his last game as a Texan. Unless Keenum gets hurt. Schaub will be too expensive to keep. Like I said I don't know if he'll be a free agent (I don't think so), but he should be off the roster one way or another.

Vick would be interesting, but you know you're only going to get like 8 games max from him. He just can't stay healthy at all.

I do see Schaub being traded, just not at Jacksonville at all. Jaguars need their picks.

I think 8 games would be enough to develop Bridgewater at the next level, and let him play back up. Right now, the top priority is to get the best Quarterback as possible and have someone mentor him. We cannot let a situation where our next franchise Quarterback is thrown into the wolves like Gabbert have.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 17:07   Link #7483
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Glennon's only major issue from the games I saw him play is accuracy. He can fix that. He has pocket awareness and decent decision-making. Tampa will probably stay with him. Foles needs to be given a full season. He's bounced between mediocre and utterly brilliant. Vick will never stay healthy - just let Foles roll with it in Philly for the rest of the season and see how he goes. Keenum is exciting - if he can keep slinging it without collateral damage, Houston have someone they can build around.

Minnesota, St. Louis and Arizona have to go after quarterbacks as well as Jacksonville. Minnesota needs to spend most of their picks on defense, though, in any position Jared Allen isn't - it's beyond a liability now. St. Louis need offense badly - Tavon Austin could end up being the biggest bust of the 2013 draft. Arizona needs to finally fix their O-line...Tampa needs to shore up their front seven on defense and top up the O-line. I think others have detailed Jacksonville's many needs already.
To me Tavon Austin isn't a bust. It's just that the Rams have no idea how to use him properly. Austin's better played when in space so he can use his speed to his advantage. Some of the tape I've seen with Austin is that they're having him run short routes where he gets only 5 yard gains.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 18:26   Link #7484
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
To me Tavon Austin isn't a bust. It's just that the Rams have no idea how to use him properly. Austin's better played when in space so he can use his speed to his advantage. Some of the tape I've seen with Austin is that they're having him run short routes where he gets only 5 yard gains.
*shrug* The NFL crew keep insisting Tavon Austin can't even get separation on a regular basis anyway.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 20:05   Link #7485
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
To me Tavon Austin isn't a bust. It's just that the Rams have no idea how to use him properly. Austin's better played when in space so he can use his speed to his advantage. Some of the tape I've seen with Austin is that they're having him run short routes where he gets only 5 yard gains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
*shrug* The NFL crew keep insisting Tavon Austin can't even get separation on a regular basis anyway.
I thought that a bust is usually labeled after a two year period?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 22:53   Link #7486
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
*shrug* The NFL crew keep insisting Tavon Austin can't even get separation on a regular basis anyway.
If they let him run deep and intermediate route I think he can get open. His strength lies in his acceleration. If he gets bumped at the line or pressed then that might be a problem. He's too small to break press coverage and the bump would prevent him from accelerating off the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I thought that a bust is usually labeled after a two year period?
Brandon Weeden's already a bust and this is his second season.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 02:24   Link #7487
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
And so the Vikings beat the Redskins 34-27. Christian Ponder dislocates shoulder in the game.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 03:58   Link #7488
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
What a weird game...the bizarre string of Minnesota calling timeouts while Washington was trying to drive for the win allowed Washington to get damn close to tying it.

And even more suspect behaviour surrounds Incognito...
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 14:31   Link #7489
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And so the Vikings beat the Redskins 34-27. Christian Ponder dislocates shoulder in the game.
Our defense is awful. We can't stop anybody. I didn't get to watch all of the game, but RG3 didn't make any big mistakes and didn't turn over the ball. Our defense looks a lot worse than it did last year. Frazier called the timeouts because his players were exhausted since we were driving quickly down the field.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 15:17   Link #7490
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Our defense is awful. We can't stop anybody. I didn't get to watch all of the game, but RG3 didn't make any big mistakes and didn't turn over the ball. Our defense looks a lot worse than it did last year. Frazier called the timeouts because his players were exhausted since we were driving quickly down the field.
Yeah, I watch the game, RG3 did all he could. The defense couldn't hold up. At this pace the Red Skins are going, they may end up with a top 5 pick if this goes on. Their playoffs hopes diminished from 40 percent to 10 percent now.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 18:44   Link #7491
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah, I watch the game, RG3 did all he could. The defense couldn't hold up. At this pace the Red Skins are going, they may end up with a top 5 pick if this goes on. Their playoffs hopes diminished from 40 percent to 10 percent now.
Not even a top 5 pick. We still don't have a 1st rounder because of the trade we made to move up to select RG3.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 18:52   Link #7492
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Not even a top 5 pick. We still don't have a 1st rounder because of the trade we made to move up to select RG3.
Forgot about that, thank you. Still, they will probably try to trade for a first overall pick within the top 10 if they don't make at least even for the season in the off season.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 19:31   Link #7493
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Forgot about that, thank you. Still, they will probably try to trade for a first overall pick within the top 10 if they don't make at least even for the season in the off season.
Who's available? We have a lot of needs on defense. Mainly our secondary. Josh Wilson shouldn't need to be sliding up to play FS. Amerson's too raw to be starting. Rambo shouldn't have started either. Our front seven is alright, but we need a talented safety in the back end so we don't give up any big plays.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 19:59   Link #7494
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Who's available? We have a lot of needs on defense. Mainly our secondary. Josh Wilson shouldn't need to be sliding up to play FS. Amerson's too raw to be starting. Rambo shouldn't have started either. Our front seven is alright, but we need a talented safety in the back end so we don't give up any big plays.
In the draft in the first round? Realistically, even though I stated that the Red Skins may trade for a top 10 draft pick, I think they will only get the middle of the pack. Fortunately the middle of the pack is pretty stacked for the needs for the Red Skins if they manage to get a first round pick. There are plenty if you know where to look. If the Red Skin requires a Free Safety, then look no better than Hasean Clinton-Dix from Alabama, he pretty much an ideal size Free Safety at 6 foot 1 inches and 208 pounds. He oversize everyone in the draft in the Free Safety position. He is ranked in the Middle of the draft so the Red Skins don't have to sell all their limbs to get him.

For Cornerback, there is Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon, he is small at 5 foot 10 inches and at 185 pounds, however he is physical and is a riot causing a lot of force fumbles, he can play cover and man to man as well.

Those two should be the Red Skins primed targets in they are searching a need for the secondary. However. I thought that the Red Skins have a need for an offensive guard, defensive end, wide receiver, and inside linebackers? Those positions are listed as big needs for the Red Skins in many drafts?

For offensive guard there is Cyril Richardson from Baylor and Gabe Jackson from Mississippi State, however both are in the lower 20s and Gabe is listed in the early 30s in some drafts. Both are large at 340 pounds while Richaradson has a 2 inch height advantage over Jackson at 6 foot 5 inches.

For defensive end there is absurdness plenty at that position that I think that almost 32 teams will be able to draft a quality defensive end. For the Red Skins in the first round, the prospects are Vic Beasley from Clemson at 6 foot 2 inches and 235 pounds, Stephon Tuitt from Norte Dame at 6 foot 6 inches at 312 pounds, and Trent Murphy from Standford at 6 foot 6 inches at 261 pounds. Vic is a cannon ready to fire as well as Murphy who is extremely fast at his height though he lacks in size, and then there is Tuitt who is a clog up the run defensive end.

Then wide receiver, ....................you know what, those are a lot of names, I am not typing all of that. Lets say that it is heavy at wide receiver. There at at least 7 wide receiver you can draft in the first round and all of them are very competent. Beside I only memorized 2 wide receivers names in the first round and their schools.

For inside linebacker, there is only Christian Jones from Florida State at 6 foot 3 inches at 232 pounds however he is in the second round level. It is not heavy at inside linebacker.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-11-08 at 20:17.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 07:24   Link #7495
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I get the feeling Minnesota is going to be competing for a lot of the positions Washington wants players at.


Quote:
Dallas are 4-19 against teams over .500 while Garrett has been head coach
Oh dear...is it really that bad...
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 08:18   Link #7496
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I get the feeling Minnesota is going to be competing for a lot of the positions Washington wants players at.
Pretty sure that Minnesota wants a franchise quarterback. Something i think the Jaguars may use to their advantage if they fall into the second pick.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 01:34   Link #7497
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Well I don't think Mariota is coming out this year anymore so I don't see a QB worth a top 2 pick other than Bridgewater.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 02:28   Link #7498
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Would you consider Manziel to be material someone like Minnesota would want?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 03:40   Link #7499
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Yes. And I think if Case Keenum doesn't work out Houston will draft Manziel.

You look at Manziel's game the only weaknesses now are:

-Height
-Brett Favre-ish in his gunslinger mentality
-Doesn't follow through on some of his passes
-Some minor funky mechanics

He's made a ton of improvements since last year. I really don't consider the height thing a big deal. I bet you he's a little taller than Drew Brees and a good 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson. The fact he doesn't follow through on some of his passes and yet is able to make the throws is an indication of great arm strength, and some his mechanics don't even need to be fixed, and the ones that do can be fixed almost immediately. As for the interceptions...you just got to take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs the bad just like Brett Favre. Yes he takes risks with the ball but sometimes they pay off and sometimes they don't. Although he could stand to be more patient.

Other than that there's nothing not to like about him. The off the field issues were greatly exaggerated by the media and his teammates and coaching staff love him, which is what really matters. He's faster and more athletic than RGIII, is one of the best passers in college football, even though he runs a lot you always see him looking downfield looking to pass and you clearly see him go through his progressions, he does some next level stuff with fooling the safeties with his eyes, has the arm talent and the accuracy, and he's one of the toughest SOBs I've seen out there. He's definitely a top 15 draft prospect as far as I'm concerned. If he were Mariota or Bridgewater's height he'd be a top 2 draft pick.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:30   Link #7500
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Yes. And I think if Case Keenum doesn't work out Houston will draft Manziel.

You look at Manziel's game the only weaknesses now are:

-Height
-Brett Favre-ish in his gunslinger mentality
-Doesn't follow through on some of his passes
-Some minor funky mechanics

He's made a ton of improvements since last year. I really don't consider the height thing a big deal. I bet you he's a little taller than Drew Brees and a good 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson. The fact he doesn't follow through on some of his passes and yet is able to make the throws is an indication of great arm strength, and some his mechanics don't even need to be fixed, and the ones that do can be fixed almost immediately. As for the interceptions...you just got to take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs the bad just like Brett Favre. Yes he takes risks with the ball but sometimes they pay off and sometimes they don't. Although he could stand to be more patient.

Other than that there's nothing not to like about him. The off the field issues were greatly exaggerated by the media and his teammates and coaching staff love him, which is what really matters. He's faster and more athletic than RGIII, is one of the best passers in college football, even though he runs a lot you always see him looking downfield looking to pass and you clearly see him go through his progressions, he does some next level stuff with fooling the safeties with his eyes, has the arm talent and the accuracy, and he's one of the toughest SOBs I've seen out there. He's definitely a top 15 draft prospect as far as I'm concerned. If he were Mariota or Bridgewater's height he'd be a top 2 draft pick.
Mariota is faster and more athletic than RGIII? I think that might just be hyperbole my friend. Anyways, I like Mariota. Too bad he got hurt.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.