AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-12-09, 00:32   Link #7841
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hey, at least you're not Washington and gifting St. Louis a really early pick in the last year of not having a first-round pick.
True! As bad as my Giants have been this year, I still feel for the Skins-fans who have been miserable for so long, mostly because that franchise's problem runs deep.... all the way to the ownership. A guy like RGIII should have been managed and utilized better for the sake of that team's long term future.... I still think it's not too late, but again an organization like that will need a lot of house cleaning to do before it starts getting things moving to the right direction.... And that takes courage and vision!
Old 2013-12-09, 01:35   Link #7842
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

One of my alltime favorite NFL weeks...All the snow games I saw were great...Just a great Sunday...

Yall wasn't ready tonight Dilla...

Good bounceback...Two more wins and we get the bye which is good enough for now...Saints are good enough to win one shitty road playoff game one day...

GEAUX SAINTS
Old 2013-12-09, 02:44   Link #7843
Samari
World's Greatest

Should be an interesting game against the Buccaneers next week. Even though the Buccaneers have won three out of their last four, including today, most of their fans still expect a huge loss from what I quickly read on their message board. Some things I'd like to see improved on offense:

- Hopefully we some improvement from Greg Roman. I don't know why he continues to lack common sense and creativity in his playcalling. It's like he's trying to force the read-option into working to perfection. When Harbaugh and company came to town, we were told that the west coast offense would make a comeback. Well where is it? We never run slants, we never draw up plays that utilize the backs in the passing game, and we never try any bootlegs off playaction. Obviously we don't need something resembling the old WCO offenses we used to have here, but some staples that all teams usually use in whatever offense they're conducting would be nice. Or heck, just be more creative. If you bring in Hunter, don't simply run the ball off-tackle. Stop using bunch formations. Run out of spread formations every once in a while. (Chip Kelly does this and it's not a surprise the Eagles are the best team running the ball). Stop forcing the pistol formations down people's throats it isn't working!!!!

- Maybe our offensive line actually plays better in the run game. A lot of people have called out Frank Gore as the main culprit in our struggles running the ball. But really, no one has looked good back there. Hunter definitely doesn't look as explosive back there as he was last season. He's coming off an injury, but at the same time he just has no space to work with. Even when he comes in it's ALWAYS a run to the outside with him (thank Roman). Missing Iupati has really had a bigger effect than I thought. Adam Synder has been really lackluster in place of him. I don't know what it's going to take, but that line has talent. And missing one linemen shouldn't mean the entire offensive line crumbles in the run game. They're simply getting beat at the point of attack every single week.

- Kaepernick really needs to start recognizing what he has to work with underneath and take what is there. He did a couple of times today, but overthrew a couple of wide open targets in the flat, in addition to opting to go with Boldin towards the sideline when Hunter was open directly over the middle. People have complained about Vance McDonald, but all season long he's actually gotten open a decent amount underneath. It would be great to see him get involved...

- Mike Glennon is a rookie, and although he has played well, he hasn't played our defense yet. I hope Fangio get more exotic with his defensive looks and not try to play everything simple like he has a habit of doing sometimes. We really struggled to get pressure on Wilson as the game went on against the Seahawks. Hopefully we can do a lot better against a quarterback that definitely doesn't have the mobility that Wilson brings to the table.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 07:16   Link #7844
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Also did anyone see that Patriots and Brown's game? I was eating dinner and missed it, every sport's thread is going crazy about a pass interference call at the end of the last minute.
I saw the replay of that call. It was definitely a "phantom" foul.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 08:15   Link #7845
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I saw the replay of that call. It was definitely a "phantom" foul.
Just check out the highlights as well. I will admit there was some contact before the endzone, however, the call was in the endzone. All I saw was a soft contact, but that alone did not cause the player to fall down nor was it enough contact for pass interference. Not to take anything way from the Patriots, but that call was awful.

I see another big blown call from the officials. With all of these stacking up, sooner or later these referees must be held accountable. With so many piling up, the NFL cannot avoid it any longer.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 19:33   Link #7846
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Heisman list is out, though Winston or Lynch probably winning, I hope McCaron wins it

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 19:56   Link #7847
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Heisman list is out, though Winston or Lynch probably winning, I hope McCaron wins it
I don't usually follow much about the Heisman, but I think it is set in stone that Winston will win.

Also, what is the story about Lynch (again do not follow college football, be easy on me)? He is a senior so I thought that he would be in the 2014 draft, it took me a while to find him and it surprise me that he is a Heisman finalist but is listed on draft boards to go undrafted.
Old 2013-12-09, 19:59   Link #7848
sky black swordman

I was expecting Mike Shanahan to be fired today but I guess not. It appears as though RG III may be benched for the rest of the season to prevent any injury.

Rob Gronkowski's season is over with an tore ACL and MCL in his right knee. This is going to hurt the Pats playoff chances.

This coming off season will be interesting with the potential salary cap casualties.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:50   Link #7849
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
I don't usually follow much about the Heisman, but I think it is set in stone that Winston will win.

Also, what is the story about Lynch (again do not follow college football, be easy on me)? He is a senior so I thought that he would be in the 2014 draft, it took me a while to find him and it surprise me that he is a Heisman finalist but is listed on draft boards to go undrafted.
Pretty easy to explain. Great college players don't always necessarily translate to the NFL well.

Kellen Moore was, statistically, one of the best QBs in college history and he went undrafted.

Lynch is a monster, but BGSU contained him really well, surprisingly.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 21:05   Link #7850
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I was expecting Mike Shanahan to be fired today but I guess not. It appears as though RG III may be benched for the rest of the season to prevent any injury.

Rob Gronkowski's season is over with an tore ACL and MCL in his right knee. This is going to hurt the Pats playoff chances.

This coming off season will be interesting with the potential salary cap casualties.
That is a big list, interesting. Wow, almost every veteran of the Jaguars is a bad contract..............

I don't know what to think about Jason Babin, Paul Posluszny, and Marcedes Lewis. They are leaders and provide good tutelage for all the young guys on the team. However, I will not ignore that they are bad contracts.

If possible Blaine Gabbert, Uche Nwaneri, and Jeremy Mincey I wouldn't mind trading them for all 5-7 round picks.

Also about the Patriots, it could be a blessing in disguise. The Patriots depend on Gronkowski too much, if him gone they can possibly develop more weapons for Brady.

As for Mike Shanahan, I agree he should be fired. The Redskins were expected to be a powerhouse, yet if they had their first round pick they would be second overall. The offense coordinator should get fired as well, they put RG3 in too many running plays.
Old 2013-12-09, 21:20   Link #7851
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Per a questionable report, the Redskins are looking for a way to fire him due to breach of contract so they don't have to pay him any further guarantees or the such. Not going to happen, so I expect this charade to last at least another few weeks.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 21:44   Link #7852
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Well, there is probably the fact Lynch doesnt play for one of the bigger schools, and like Denard Robinson, he isn't suited to be a QB in the NFL due to skill set.
If Lynch makes it into the pros, it mostly likely won't be as a QB, maybe a RB or WR

Sad that Polamalu likely will be cut, I idolize him as a player

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-12-09, 21:51   Link #7853
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Jordan Lynch is basically a non-AQ conference version of Tim Tebow with some better mechanics. Good college football player, but not what NFL scouts are looking for in a QB.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 22:03   Link #7854
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Well, there is probably the fact Lynch doesnt play for one of the bigger schools, and like Denard Robinson, he isn't suited to be a QB in the NFL due to skill set.
If Lynch makes it into the pros, it mostly likely won't be as a QB, maybe a RB or WR

Sad that Polamalu likely will be cut, I idolize him as a player
Troy's going to be cut? Is it because of his huge salary and the Steeler's situation with the cap during the offseason? He could just take a pay cut. I doubt he wants to leave the Steelers.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:09   Link #7855
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jordan Lynch is basically a non-AQ conference version of Tim Tebow with some better mechanics. Good college football player, but not what NFL scouts are looking for in a QB.
That just says it all, so a copy of Tebow. Not sure if I insulted him or complimented him by making that comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Troy's going to be cut? Is it because of his huge salary and the Steeler's situation with the cap during the offseason? He could just take a pay cut. I doubt he wants to leave the Steelers.
I think Troy will get his contract restructured. He is a team player. Pretty much any good team members will take a paycut if they know they are hurting the team either financially or productivity.
Old 2013-12-09, 23:07   Link #7856
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Quote:
That just says it all, so a copy of Tebow. Not sure if I insulted him or complimented him by making that comparison.

I think Troy will get his contract restructured. He is a team player. Pretty much any good team members will take a paycut if they know they are hurting the team either financially or productivity.
I hope so, it will literally kill me if he plays for another team, as he is considered a lifetime Steeler. I hope Troy is like Hines Ward, and plays out his career with Steelers by agreeing to restructure his deal.

Old 2013-12-09, 23:28   Link #7857
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Chicago scorched Dallas tonight....and Detroit's continual throwing games away pulls Chicago level with them and Green Bay half a game behind.

You might as well roll a 100-sided dice to determine who's getting through from the NFC North. Hell, if Rodgers didn't get injured, Green Bay probably had this division by a couple of games or more. If he can return next week, they just might get through that insane division.

That match also puts Philadelphia a game in the lead in the NFC East. Dallas has to win that 2nd match against Philadelphia to stay in the running, because the way San Francisco, Carolina and Arizona are going, the wildcards look to be out of reach.
Old 2013-12-09, 23:53   Link #7858
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Chicago scorched Dallas tonight....and Detroit's continual throwing games away pulls Chicago level with them and Green Bay half a game behind.

You might as well roll a 100-sided dice to determine who's getting through from the NFC North. Hell, if Rodgers didn't get injured, Green Bay probably had this division by a couple of games or more. If he can return next week, they just might get through that insane division.

That match also puts Philadelphia a game in the lead in the NFC East. Dallas has to win that 2nd match against Philadelphia to stay in the running, because the way San Francisco, Carolina and Arizona are going, the wildcards look to be out of reach.
Yeah, it is getting hectic over there. However, this kind of Chaos is entertaining.

Also, not sure if this will affect Clowney's draft stock which I know is pretty slim and utter ridicules that anything can. However, that being said, media blows it out of proportion and NFL teams are too critical on even little mistakes. He just got hit with a speeding ticket for going 110 MPH on a 70MPH Highway.

Here Clowney gets a Speed Ticket

Also, what is going on with Oregon right now? A snow ball fight gets players suspended. Rightfully so in my opinion, they took a joke too far. In Florida, we don't get any snow, so I don't know how it feels to be in a snowball fight but regardless I am sure I will not act immaturity like these students. Here is the video.
Old 2013-12-10, 01:44   Link #7859
Samari
World's Greatest

McCown has played really well. I'm not sure if it's because Marc Trestman has really helped his skills and/or he's just utilizing a lot of talent. But he's really seeing the field well. In his five starts he's averaging 300 yards a game. I wonder if the Bears will ride with McCown the rest of the way. And if McCown continues to play well, do they move on from Cutler in the offseason? McCown is already 34 though. And this could be a one year wonder. Going into next season with Josh McCown as your starter still seems like a no-win scenario. Despite his recent successful stint. Going to be interesting how it all plays out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 02:00   Link #7860
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^He has two 6-5ish elite WRs that catch the ball within a vast radius so that makes this so much easier for a guy like McCown who has always had the physical tools...Its also funny because the way Cutler throws the ball he's so much more about zip and that translates to the WRs having a chance to run after the catch, while Josh throws the ball much better for the kinds of receivers he has, which is to put air under it and let them just use their god given talent...

Cutler would excel much more in an offense where he threw to quick medium sized WRs (like Welker, Tavon Austin or Jacoby Ford)...He throws the perfect kind of passes for that style, but its just interesting that McCown fits this system more just because he's suited to throwing floaters...

Tags
american football, sports