AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2013-12-11, 08:06   Link #7881
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I don't think they would fork that much out for Cutler - particularly when they need to upgrade their defense which has fallen into decline, especially against the run. And I doubt there will be a lack of clubs who would give Cutler another chance. Carson Palmer has proved you can be on life support for years but be resurrected.
I think it is too much for Cutler, the franchise tag is 16 million. More than Joe Flacco from the Ravens and Tom Brady from the Patriots contracts.

Quote:
I think you can rule out Houston, St. Louis and Atlanta. Houston and St. Louis will get QBs this draft (man, they must be loving how they got the better end of the RG3 trade so far) and Atlanta have a long term one in Matt Ryan - they need defenders fast. Cleveland...Jason Campbell is beginning to thrive. Cleveland may get a win or two more and be well out of the running for the cream of the QB crop as it is. Tampa needs a front seven. Washington have invested too much in RG3 to even think of it plus need defenders post-haste and their first pick belongs to St. Louis. Buffalo need capable WRs beyond Johnson regardless and after spending a first rounder on Manuel, I doubt they'd bite yet. However, they might just be high enough in the draft to at this rate...with Buffalo, close to anything is possible with their mentality...
I think the jury is out on Case Keenum on Houston. Reports indicated that it wasn't the 11 game losing streak that ultimately got Gary Kubiak fired though I say that was 25 percent was the reason why. It was due to constantly benching and delaying the growth of Case Keenum. That was the 75 percent. We saw a lot of flashes of Case Keenum in the beginning of the year and I was very impress. He played with confidence because he knew he wasn't going to get another opportunity so thus played with nothing to lose and all to gain.

Once Gary Kubiak returned, he was sticking with Matt Scraub as the starting Quarterback. However, if you are the front office. You are looking at an employee that is defiant and going against your wishes. I understood he wanted to win games, but sticking with Matt Scraub with just saying "fire me, I want to get fired" and he did. The organization wanted to evaluate Case Keenum, with Gary Kubiak there, Case Keenum couldn't be evaluated because he not longer has that chip on his shoulder but instead starting playing like a real game manager. Not taking any risks, but to play to keep his job which decreases his confidence extremely.

The Texans want to know if the "guy" is already on the roster or do they need to start over and draft a new guy. Bridegwater is good and would be solid, but he could produce at the same level of Keenum or better. There isn't no guarantee so if Keenum plays very well in the remaining games. I can see the Texans most likely trading back, or start to replace their aging veterans like Antonio Smith who will be 33 next year with someone like Clowney. If I were the Texans, I would trade back or take Clowney. Trying to be unbiased as I can.

The Rams would most likely stay with Bradford than draft a Quarterback. Bradford is not fully evaluated, he is 26 so he got a lot of time, and wouldn't take 7 million in dead money to cut him. Starting from scratch would be a big step backwards. Bradford has not gotten a fair shake. The Rams has not provided any weapons for Bradford to use nor has an offensive line that can protect him with constituency. The Rams would most likely trade back to get either Sammy Watkins or select Jake Matthew out right which I believe they will. Looking at the stats now, if Tavon Austin does not get over 50 catches and over 550 yards, he would be a disappointment column for a first round wide receiver selection.

The Browns on the other will most likely win their way out of the Quarterback race. They will most likely stay with Campbell or take a risk and trade up with the Texans or Rams, but would most likely cost them more in the long run. Many mock drafts has them selecting Sammy Watkins from Clemson in the first round and I agree.

Buffalo has too much invested in Manuel and the Buccaneers appears to be satisfied with Glennon. Bot will seek to upgrade the weapons and offensive line.
Quote:
Call me crazy but...would Jacksonville consider Cutler? There's two clubs that need a QB big time in Jacksonville and Minnesota Jacksonville are drifting too far away to have a shot at Bridgewater, Carr, Winston and Manziel. Minnesota sit at 4th on the draft order at this point in time. If that stayed the same, Minnesota would have a shot at one of them at the very least. Atlanta being QB secured and a somewhat probable destination for Clowney, Minnesota could have two to pick from.
You are not crazy at all my friend. It would be possible for the Jaguars to be in the hunt for him. Henne is a solid back up and they still need a starter. However, it depends on how much he is asking. Anything over 11 million is a frown to me, but if he takes 9 million, i would be content.

Though that still doesn't mean much to me because Jay Cutler is 30 so thus not much life in him and not a permanent fix. The only thing I am confused about your post was I thought that Winston was slated to be in the 2015 draft not 2014. However, I believe the Jaguars will pass on Quarterback unless Carr and Bortles will be there when they get selecting.
Quote:
I'm not even going to bother saying Oakland because they're tough as nails over there and I don't see Cutler fitting into that kind of place.

Having not seen Jacksonville not play at all in ages...are their WRs the kind that Cutler could roll with?
The Jaguars actually has a good receiving corps considering they got Henne throwing the ball to them. Mike Brown and Ace Sanders are developing to be very dangerous slot receivers. However they still need to be developed to do so which I expect Jedd Fisch will be doing next year. Expect Mike Brown and Ace Sanders to get over 50 catches and over 500 yards next year. Then there is Cecil Shorts III, he is the top receiver and he is a force to be reckon with. On the Stats sheet, many people would argue, however defenses know of the dangers of his playmaking ability. Shorts been double team all year, even when match with a dominant CB, zone will be there as well. If there is another deep threat for the Jaguars, Shorts would be 1000 yarda already. Blackmon is unsure, as there is the chance Goodell will not reinstate him next year. However if Goodell does allow Blackmon to return, you see that Blackmon is a deep threat and is dominant in the slot.

I think Cutler would like these receivers because they can get open quickly and not put too much strain throwing down deep in the Bear's receivers. It gives him a nice balance or short and dangerous slot receivers in BRown and Sanders while still making use of his deep ball with Blackmon and Shorts.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-11 at 08:32.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 11:21   Link #7882
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Tennessee wants Cutler, according to Mike Silver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nnessee-titans
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 11:58   Link #7883
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
RG3 has been put on the inactive list and Kirk Cousins will be starting for the rest of the season. This came out before RG3 had even been told. Yeah, I don't see Shananhan being in Washington beyond the end of this season.
Old 2013-12-11, 14:45   Link #7884
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Tennessee wants Cutler, according to Mike Silver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nnessee-titans
Really, I am surprise. What are they going to do about Jake Locker, they will not get any cap savings if they cut him. He will be $4,004,637 in dead money.

Also: There seems to be great debate whether the Vikings should play Adrian Peterson or allow him to rest for the entire season. I believe the Vikings should rest Peterson, their next games Eagles, Bengals, and Lions. If they lose Peterson, drafting a Quarterback will be the least of their problems.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-11 at 18:02.
Old 2013-12-11, 19:58   Link #7885
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

This washington professional football team drama is quite hilarious, dont believe for a second snyder isnt involved

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock

Last edited by Yye1; 2013-12-11 at 20:37.
Yye1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:37   Link #7886
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Really, I am surprise. What are they going to do about Jake Locker, they will not get any cap savings if they cut him. He will be $4,004,637 in dead money.

Also: There seems to be great debate whether the Vikings should play Adrian Peterson or allow him to rest for the entire season. I believe the Vikings should rest Peterson, their next games Eagles, Bengals, and Lions. If they lose Peterson, drafting a Quarterback will be the least of their problems.
He may pull off another miraculous comeback. You never know.

As a Redskins fan, I agree that we need to sit RG3. He's getting sacked far too much during games. Sending Kirk out their might allow him to audition for other QB needy teams. Maybe we can trade him and get a second round pick that we could use to trade back into the first round with. I really like him as our backup though.
Old 2013-12-11, 21:04   Link #7887
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am surprise that Shanahan isn't fired after the recent post conferences. Doing so would result in a head start to find a coach. This season has been terrible. It is not because of the lack of talent, but a misuse of talent. The offense is the strong point of the Red Skins though not so last game, however, they are still a top 10 in offense ranking in 9th in total offense. However, they lack a defense, ranking 23rd in total defense.

Who could be good candidates to replace Shanahan? I follow players not coaches.

Update: There could be a major change about replays that will highly benefit everyone in the NFL. Goodell mentioned the possibilities that replays reviews will be moved from the game to centralize location. Here is the article:
Change in replay reviews

Though I hope there will be the time when the NFL will allow challenges to penalties. I see no reason not other than publicly humiliating the referees in game.

Also, this thread is lonely despite many so many things happening in the league.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-11 at 21:58.
Old 2013-12-11, 23:53   Link #7888
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Quote:
I am surprise that Shanahan isn't fired after the recent post conferences. Doing so would result in a head start to find a coach. This season has been terrible. It is not because of the lack of talent, but a misuse of talent. The offense is the strong point of the Red Skins though not so last game, however, they are still a top 10 in offense ranking in 9th in total offense. However, they lack a defense, ranking 23rd in total defense.

Who could be good candidates to replace Shanahan? I follow players not coaches.

The reason is that Shanahan wants to get fired, and Snyder won't give Shanahan the satisfaction of being fired because then he would have to pay Shanahan essentially 19 games worth of salary for doing nothing.
Also there is no real good coach out there, much less someone willing to work for Snyder and face the drama of the Washington Professional Football Team. Lovie Smith comes to mind, also David Shaw, the HC for Stanford, though he has been connected to the Longhorns. Pretty much it so far, maybe also Kubiak

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-12-12, 00:05   Link #7889
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
The reason is that Shanahan wants to get fired, and Snyder won't give Shanahan the satisfaction of being fired because then he would have to pay Shanahan essentially 19 games worth of salary for doing nothing.
Also there is no real good coach out there, much less someone willing to work for Snyder and face the drama of the Washington Professional Football Team. Lovie Smith comes to mind, also David Shaw, the HC for Stanford, though he has been connected to the Longhorns. Pretty much it so far, maybe also Kubiak
Houston is very keen on Lovie Smith, as even their owner has publically stated that. Houston would have the defensive strength in place Lovie would want and thrived with in Chicago. Washington, on the other hand, has about two or three players at that standard. I wouldn't consider Lovie Smith to take that poisoned chalice.

Really, there needs to be a significant cleanup at Washington. They keep making trades that shoot themselves in the foot, they keep attacking themselves within. There seems to be a real need to esatblish a proper culture within that organisation, let alone fix the on-field issues.

Hell....who would have thought back 5 weeks ago that at this point, Jacksonville would have a better record than Washington...just goes to show Gus Bradley has made a difference for the better.
Old 2013-12-12, 00:26   Link #7890
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
All true statements, but if he stays. That situation is volatile as matchsticks soaked with gasoline. These are NFL owners, they can afford that money unlike most of the general public though they appear to be very stingy than the general public as well though that is in my opinion. I can see Kubiak being hired to improve the defense, however that is a slim chance.
Quote:
Houston is very keen on Lovie Smith, as even their owner has publically stated that. Houston would have the defensive strength in place Lovie would want and thrived with in Chicago. Washington, on the other hand, has about two or three players at that standard. I wouldn't consider Lovie Smith to take that poisoned chalice.

Really, there needs to be a significant cleanup at Washington. They keep making trades that shoot themselves in the foot, they keep attacking themselves within. There seems to be a real need to esatblish a proper culture within that organisation, let alone fix the on-field issues.

Hell....who would have thought back 5 weeks ago that at this point, Jacksonville would have a better record than Washington...just goes to show Gus Bradley has made a difference for the better.
There been rumblings that Gus Bradley is actually a big candidate to be Coach of the Year. I can see that happening and even to win it, though I am biased so I don't know truly how the whole nation thinks.
Old 2013-12-12, 00:27   Link #7891
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

^Its called a new owner

Old 2013-12-12, 00:59   Link #7892
qcpol

Cutler is so overrated....he is no better than his backup so don't overpay
qcpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 22:31   Link #7893
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I've seen Michael Irvin animated, but yikes...the RG3 saga really has him riled.

And San Diego seem to be gearing for an upset in Denver....
Old 2013-12-12, 22:38   Link #7894
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Can't shake the feeling the Chargers will implode.
Old 2013-12-12, 22:51   Link #7895
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

And the implosion begins.
Old 2013-12-12, 23:08   Link #7896
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Well whaddaya know Peyton outchoked the Chargers

Patriots into the #1 seed. Although they have two tough games coming up with no Gronk.
Old 2013-12-12, 23:33   Link #7897
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

San Diego pull off a major upset win in Denver, 27-20. No one is remotely safe now or has an easy run come playoffs time at this rate.
Old 2013-12-12, 23:37   Link #7898
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Well whaddaya know Peyton outchoked the Chargers

Patriots into the #1 seed. Although they have two tough games coming up with no Gronk.
Quote:
San Diego pull off a major upset win in Denver, 27-20. No one is remotely safe now or has an easy run come playoffs time at this rate.
If this is anything that we can see in this game is that Denver does indeed has a weakness and that is when you contain or pressure Peyton Manning, you can win.
Old 2013-12-13, 03:22   Link #7899
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
If this is anything that we can see in this game is that Denver does indeed has a weakness and that is when you contain or pressure Peyton Manning, you can win.
That and Denver's defense against the pass, especially the secondary, is very vulnerable.
Old 2013-12-13, 08:50   Link #7900
GDB

Quote:
So... the same weakness everyone has known about Peyton Manning for at least the past 5-6 years?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports