AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 05:15   Link #8681
Samari
World's Greatest

Brandon Lloyd resigned with the 49ers the other day. I don't really like this move, because now it just means that Patton has more of an uphill battle for that #3 spot. Either that and/or the organization just doesn't feel good about Jonathan Baldwin's future. The thing with Lloyd though is that he's been out of the NFL for a year, is 32, can't get YAC, doesn't have great speed (which we need), and overall just doesn't have a good reputation in the NFL as being a good locker room presence. He might not even make the final roster, but I just don't see why the coaches are wasting their time. I guess I would rather have him than Baldwin if it came down to it. At the same time I'd rather have neither and focus on getting two new receivers with upside.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:16   Link #8682
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
NFL.com is making a serious claim that Detroit wants to trade up to get Sammy Watkins.

That...doesn't sound right...are they just going to load up the offense to give Megatron some relief and hope they don't leak enough points on defense?

If they don't get a corner or safety early, I will be astounded. Their backfield was very weak last season.
On another forum I go to, I've heard different from Lions fans, and besides this draft is deep in regards to CB's.

Quote:
But there's a lot of buzz that St. Louis wants to trade down.
And Dan Synder's gift keeps on giving. (Though I don't The Falcons will bite, they need the picks)

Quote:
EDIT - Bon Jovi reportedly will be the face of a Toronto-based group seeking to purchase the Buffalo Bills and eventually relocate the team to Toronto.
This will be interesting to see.

And also, The way I see it, The Raiders had an awesome Free Agency period.
Old 2014-04-20, 09:33   Link #8683
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Mock draft for da Jags

3. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
39. Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois
70. Jaylen Watkins CB Florida
105. Travis Swanson/Weston Richburg C (whichever is there)
114. Aaron Murray QB Georgia
144. Zach Fulton OG Tennessee
150. James White RB Wisconsin
159. Kelcy Quarles DT South Carolina
179. Ronald Powell OLB Florida
209. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
222. Telvin Smith S Florida State

SEC powah

Although I think there's a good chance if Teddy is there at pick 25 (which is starting to seem possible if not likely right now) we trade up to get him.
That mock draft covers a lot of needs, but I don't think Arthur Lynch and Telvin Smith will fall that low in the draft. I plan to do mine next week.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-04-20 at 09:59.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 22:53   Link #8684
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Season schedule is out.

NFC West and AFC West are versing each other in full...that is going to be harsh....Oakland are screwed.
Old 2014-04-23, 23:02   Link #8685
Samari
World's Greatest

I feel a lot better about our first four games than I did last season. Not worried about the Cowboys, Bears, Cardinals, or Eagles. Two games at home and two on the road. Sounds good to me.

Overall this is the best looking schedule we've had in two years. Largely because we're playing the NFC East and AFC West. I'm guessing 11-5 record if our key players stay healthy. Our losses will be at Denver, at Seattle, at New Orleans, vs Philadelphia, and at Arizona.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-04-23, 23:31   Link #8686
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Jaguars got an interesting schedule, their first 4 games has 3 top tier opponents. Then it dulls down the rest of the year. I expect at least 6 wins or most likely more.

The teams to look for that the Jaguars may have time with are the Colts, Chargers, Eagles, and Ravens.

I feel confident that the team can go against the Titans, Texans, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, and Dolphins.
Old 2014-04-24, 03:07   Link #8687
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I feel a lot better about our first four games than I did last season. Not worried about the Cowboys, Bears, Cardinals, or Eagles. Two games at home and two on the road. Sounds good to me.

Overall this is the best looking schedule we've had in two years. Largely because we're playing the NFC East and AFC West. I'm guessing 11-5 record if our key players stay healthy. Our losses will be at Denver, at Seattle, at New Orleans, vs Philadelphia, and at Arizona.
You were well overdue for some good news this offseason.

What things do you think your team will be prioritising in the draft?
Old 2014-04-24, 10:01   Link #8688
GDB

Looking at NFL commentary on the schedule release, and you can so plainly see how much the media still adores the Steelers and doesn't care for the Ravens. When talking of the week 2 primetime matchup, they mention the Thanksgiving Day game. However, all they mention is how amazing the Steelers were to almost come back on a 73 yard drive, only failing because of a missed 2pt conversion. Of course, they leave out the part about Tomlin interfering with a play, because that'd make the Steelers look bad again.

Looking at the Ravens schedule, it could be good. Three division games to start the season, which could be a big "statement" period, followed by a Steve Smith proving game. However, I don't like the apparent "soft" close we have. On the one hand, it's more likely to let us rest a bit (not necessarily "rest", but not have to worry about getting cheap shotted like in Detroit last year). On the other hand, complacency is the team's worst fear, as that's what happened early on last year. Week 11 bye is great, the later the better, especially right before having to face the Saints at their dome.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 14:53   Link #8689
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
You were well overdue for some good news this offseason.

What things do you think your team will be prioritising in the draft?
Before I thought the focus would be down to corner and wide receiver. Now it may include pass rusher thanks to Aldon Smith's screw up. Luckily we have six picks in the top 100 selections. I still want to go receiver early. Potentially even trade up for Mike Evans who is my favorite. Crabtree I feel is going to want to test free agency and this could be Anquan's last year. We could lose both of our starting receivers in a year's time.

Corner is still second priority to me. Brock has only had limited time as a starter, and Culliver is coming off an ACL injury. Carlos Rogers and Tarrell Brown are both gone. We brought back Perrish Cox, but he's average. We need some help. If we went corner with our first pick I wouldn't be mad. Overall I still want this draft to be defensive-heavy for us.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-04-24, 21:59   Link #8690
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

Quote:
Season schedule is out.

NFC West and AFC West are versing each other in full...that is going to be harsh....Oakland are screwed.
Not as much as you might think. While we only have 1 home game in the first month of the season and an early bye, the East Coast road games are taken care of early, with the trip to London being done in a manner that seems reasonable.

And in all honesty, Oakland's closed most of the ground between them and Kansas City, and has probably surpassed The Chargers even before the draft. A lot of how the season will go however will depend on how long it takes for the team to Gel. (And they did that way faster than I seriously would've expected last year before injuries took their toll)
Old 2014-04-25, 00:13   Link #8691
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

I am really torn, not sure which corner I want the Steelers to draft, Gilbert or Denard

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:06   Link #8692
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

facing the 9ers in the first game of the season...god dammit Nappa
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 10:03   Link #8693
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

2014 Strength of Schedule
Old 2014-05-02, 02:24   Link #8694
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Been rather quiet here since it's only 1 week to the draft.

Mayock's thoughts for each team early in the draft.
Old 2014-05-02, 04:40   Link #8695
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Been rather quiet here since it's only 1 week to the draft.

Mayock's thoughts for each team early in the draft.
I think moving the draft back to this date kind of has to do with the NFL really trying to gear up for an 18 game schedule. That is going to be a dark day when it happens. Two more weeks of the riff raff playing. 16 games is enough.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-05-02, 05:09   Link #8696
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

The only possible justification is money. And that's usually the only one that matters for those making the choice.
Old 2014-05-02, 11:59   Link #8697
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I think moving the draft back to this date kind of has to do with the NFL really trying to gear up for an 18 game schedule. That is going to be a dark day when it happens. Two more weeks of the riff raff playing. 16 games is enough.
Quote:
The only possible justification is money. And that's usually the only one that matters for those making the choice.
I originally thought it was to ensure that the NFL has some kind of attention for May considering there is no event in May. Now there is, being the NFL Draft.

The sad truth is that it may be permanent if ratings and viewer numbers remain consistently the same like if were to take place in April. Its a win for NFL Coaches and General Managers to get extra time scouting, while its a lost for the prospects since they have to remain well behave because anything can drop their draft stock.

From a marketing standpoint its to bring money as its primary goal, because its advertisment.

Also, its funny, scouts saying that the Jameis Winston accident of stealing Crab Legs has most scouts removing Winston as the number 1 overall pick next year.
Old 2014-05-02, 13:18   Link #8698
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I originally thought it was to ensure that the NFL has some kind of attention for May considering there is no event in May. Now tAlso, its funny, scouts saying that the Jameis Winston accident of stealing Crab Legs has most scouts removing Winston as the number 1 overall pick next year.
Would have thought the sexual assault case and how the police seemed to do everything possible to lose evidence and cause witnesses to change their mind would have been more concerning. *sigh*

Why did the draft have to be on a day I have classes for 6 hours in a row? >< If it's during my first class, I can sneak looks online, but not during my second one.
Old 2014-05-02, 13:47   Link #8699
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Would have thought the sexual assault case and how the police seemed to do everything possible to lose evidence and cause witnesses to change their mind would have been more concerning. *sigh*

Why did the draft have to be on a day I have classes for 6 hours in a row? >< If it's during my first class, I can sneak looks online, but not during my second one.
Well, its the NFL, well pretty much any sports have their irrational moments.

Also, sorry to hear about your classes. Fortunate for me my Summer coarse don't start until near the end of May.

Edit: My mock draft should be either Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday this week.
Old 2014-05-04, 18:26   Link #8700
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Just 5 more day. Thank God

Tags
american football, sports