AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-07, 21:22   Link #861
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

getting rowdy in the last quarter, Brees did a good job on those latest passes.
Old 2010-02-07, 21:34   Link #862
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I think this game is over. Didn't care about either team really but I go for the underdog and I figure that's the Saints.
Old 2010-02-07, 21:55   Link #863
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

It's final. Saints win, 34-17 over the colts, for those who care.
Old 2010-02-07, 22:01   Link #864
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Depression. . .increasing. Must. Fight. . .
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 22:13   Link #865
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Congratulations Saints fan!!!
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 22:16   Link #866
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
I'm an Sad man!
Old 2010-02-07, 22:49   Link #867
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

i knew it saints win it & marching on the superbowl really what a story from the big hit of Katrina to team rebuild to get brees, bush, etc all that for a happy ending.

really saints really deserve it to be the superbowl champions.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:35   Link #868
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Ugh. Manning lobs a pick six FTL.
Old 2010-02-08, 00:25   Link #869
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ugh. Manning lobs a pick six FTL.
Honestly Manning didn't seem like Manning at times in the second half. He missed some wide open reads, including that one INT he threw (there was a guy open down the middle right in front of him). I was also surprised the Colts didn't try a scoring drive late in that 2nd quater and instead ran the ball, thus giving the Saints a chance to score (which they did).

Despite the team I wanted to win winning, I was actually quite bored most of the game.
Old 2010-02-08, 00:28   Link #870
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Highlight of the game for me was when my mother slept right through the Saints big interception play and I had to rewind it so that she could see what happened. Never fails.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Honestly Manning didn't seem like Manning at times in the second half. He missed some wide open reads, including that one INT he threw (there was a guy open down the middle right in front of him). I was also surprised the Colts didn't try a scoring drive late in that 2nd quater and instead ran the ball, thus giving the Saints a chance to score (which they did).

Despite the team I wanted to win winning, I was actually quite bored most of the game.
It's weird because the Colts were dominating the first quarter and then gradually slowed down as the game went along until they really started falling short in the 2nd half. I noticed Freeney was coming up with less and less of those shutdown blocks as the game went along so the heel must have really killed it for him and probably the team as well. Other things that hurt the Colts were the failed field goal that went wide left and the fact that they just couldn't make the big catches late in the game. I'm not sure it was entirely Manning's fault because there were some passes he had dead to rights that just seemed to slip right through the players hands or bounce off of them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:42   Link #871
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

^You forgot the onside kick by Saints at the start of second half, ballsy move.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:59   Link #872
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
^You forgot the onside kick by Saints at the start of second half, ballsy move.
That was a really close one and it really came down to whoever ripped the ball out of the others hands inside that pile. That one Saints player who originally had possession of it let it slip down under his legs and then the pile formed on top of him and lots of fighting for the ball ensued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm not sure it was entirely Manning's fault because there were some passes he had dead to rights that just seemed to slip right through the players hands or bounce off of them.
Indeed, lots of dropped passes. With that said a lot of the playcalling was very conservative early in the game on the Colts side of the ball and I believe they'd have been better off being more aggressive at moving down the field.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:03   Link #873
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Congratulations to Drew Brees. Ex- San Diego Charger QB, and someone who saved my cousin's butt in HS in Texas. A great human being who deserves this recognition. I am so happy for him.

to all the San Diego Charger fans who wanted to get rid of him when Rivers was going through the draft.... HA HA! You never gave Brees a chance while the Chargers were in a rebuilding phase. Karma's a bitch.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 10:15   Link #874
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Congratulations to Drew Brees. Ex- San Diego Charger QB, and someone who saved my cousin's butt in HS in Texas. A great human being who deserves this recognition. I am so happy for him.

to all the San Diego Charger fans who wanted to get rid of him when Rivers was going through the draft.... HA HA! You never gave Brees a chance while the Chargers were in a rebuilding phase. Karma's a bitch.
Matter of fact Karma is always bitch to Chargers, they will never win an SuperBowl unless they fire their General Manager who it seems a prick to everyone in the organization.
Old 2010-02-08, 12:17   Link #875
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

SAINTS ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I been partying my a$$ off since 10pm last night to 5am and I just woke up...Being on Bourbon street with all the fans was priceless...Top 5 moment of my life!!!

We EARNED this championship...WE were the best team all season and we proved it by beating 3 straight Hall of Fame QB's...We FORCED all the turnovers we needed to win these playoffs...Nobody can say we weren't the better team this year...Outscore the Colts 25-7 in the last 3 quarters?? Yeah Who Dat!!

Who Dat? Who Dat?!? Who Dat say they gonna beat dem Saints, Who Dat?!?^^

Loving this so much, everyone should experience this if just once...If anything it's underrated...Haha I'm a CHAMPION!!!!!! And it feels GOOD!!
Old 2010-02-08, 12:24   Link #876
hinakatbklyn

A few hiccups near the end of the regular season, Manning, Farve, didn't matter, only team that matters is the one on top. But it took (1) Shockey catching the pass and (2) INT return for touchdown to finally end this game.

Enjoy the Super Bowl (New Orleans the team and the city needed it) for when September rolls around, everyone starts at zero all over again.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 12:28   Link #877
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
A few hiccups near the end of the regular season, Manning, Farve, didn't matter, only team that matters is the one on top. But it took (1) Shockey catching the pass and (2) INT return for touchdown to finally end this game.

Enjoy the Super Bowl (New Orleans the team and the city needed it) for when September rolls around, everyone starts at zero all over again.
Agreed.

Now that this game is over maybe we can finally stop hearing about the Saints and Katrina in the same breath. As well as everyone wanting to anoint Peyton Manning as the best player to ever set foot on the field.

May those two stories die quietly please.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 13:08   Link #878
Gin
*Artist

Who dat? need 10 chars
Old 2010-02-09, 16:15   Link #879
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Who dat? need 10 chars
WE DAT!!! as in the New Orleans Saints!

On my way to the World Championship Parade, wish all you guys could be here...I'll try and take some good pix!! This is better than drugs this high I'm feeling...It's gonna be soooo awesome...To be recognized as the greatest team in the National Football League, and to win this honor by beating 3 hall of Fame QB's leaves no doubt in who is the best...And for atleast once in my lifetime I can hold my head high and say "Who Dat??, We Dat!"

WE ARE THE BEST!!!^^
Old 2010-02-10, 08:59   Link #880
Gin
*Artist

What would Breesus do?

Spoiler for :

Tags
american football, sports