AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 22:15   Link #8901
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Kaepernick isn't facing any charges for what happened in Miami. Major relief for Samari, I'm guessing.
Old 2014-06-15, 03:09   Link #8902
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Kaepernick isn't facing any charges for what happened in Miami. Major relief for Samari, I'm guessing.
This was essentially settled weeks ago. I was never really concerned about it after the first week it was reported and then no one was even questioned. There was never a case to begin with. When the real story came out Kaepernick wasn't even there, and it turned out to be some crazy loon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 17:51   Link #8903
FDW
AH.com Ambassador

I'm getting that itch, I can't wait for the NFL to start back up again.
Old 2014-08-04, 00:35   Link #8904
sky black swordman

^ Well, now you can scratch that itch. Its back. Though it's just pre season.
Old 2014-08-08, 23:32   Link #8905
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Holy shit the Jags are the headline on Sportscenter right now o.O

"Jags to Riches?" with a pic of Bortles.

FINALLY. IT'S HAPPENING.
Old 2014-08-08, 23:53   Link #8906
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Holy shit the Jags are the headline on Sportscenter right now o.O

"Jags to Riches?" with a pic of Bortles.

FINALLY. IT'S HAPPENING.
I was very impress by the first preseason game. Despite not having our first 3 Wide Receivers out and our number 1 running back, the offense looked competent though they will have to perform more than that. The Defense as a whole was extremely good, the defensive line will able to generate a lot of pressure.

Biggest part that needs work, offensive line. Joeckal and Linder really stood out for me, they perform well. The Center is the weak link, the players there needs to get better or else we will be looking for free agents or waiver players at this rate.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 09:36   Link #8907
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I was very impress by the first preseason game. Despite not having our first 3 Wide Receivers out and our number 1 running back, the offense looked competent though they will have to perform more than that. The Defense as a whole was extremely good, the defensive line will able to generate a lot of pressure.

Biggest part that needs work, offensive line. Joeckal and Linder really stood out for me, they perform well. The Center is the weak link, the players there needs to get better or else we will be looking for free agents or waiver players at this rate.
I really want to see Gerhart in action for you guys. He's definitely going to be a workhorse back for you guys, but I'm not sure which round to take him in this year's fantasy draft in my league.
Old 2014-08-09, 09:53   Link #8908
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I really want to see Gerhart in action for you guys. He's definitely going to be a workhorse back for you guys, but I'm not sure which round to take him in this year's fantasy draft in my league.
Never done fantasy draft before, I never had the time to do so, could be fun. However, yeah it is unfortunate that Gerhart didn't play. However, if I was playing fantasy draft, its a coin toss for Gerhart due to the offensive line not being stabilize. That could change in the upcoming weeks.

I do hope Brewster make the most of his chances. McClendon made the most of his time at center than Brewster in that game, he is a much better fit there than right guard.

Anyone watching the preseason game of the Browns vs. Lions tonight? I am watching just to see what is the hype really about for the Browns. Too many articles about one Quarterback that hasn't taken a snap yet in the NFL.
Old 2014-08-09, 22:15   Link #8909
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow, this place is very empty. Well, sorry for double posting, but here is a topic to discuss. The first 4 drafted Quarterbacks played this week so thus brings the question. Which rookie Quarterback had the best impression thus far?
Old 2014-08-10, 17:16   Link #8910
sky black swordman

Quote:
Wow, this place is very empty. Well, sorry for double posting, but here is a topic to discuss. The first 4 drafted Quarterbacks played this week so thus brings the question. Which rookie Quarterback had the best impression thus far?
Indeed (a little while ago I thought I would see people here talking about Roger Goodell and the Ray Rice suspension).

That would be Blake Bortles. If I had to rank the 4 Quarterbacks on," Which QB had the best impression thus far?" Than it would Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, and Carr (pretty much the order in which they draft in ). What I would like to see in one of the 3 remaining preseason games (for each team) is Bortles, Manziel, and Carr playing a few series with their teams first-team offense.
Old 2014-08-10, 17:38   Link #8911
GDB

It's pre-season. There's not really much to talk about unless you happen to have a package that grants you multiple games. My area only had the Ravens and Redskins, and they played at the same time. And if the other games were anything like the Ravens vs 49ers game, it was almost entirely 2nd stringers or lower.

Seriously, Ravens and 49ers each did one series with their starters and then sat them the rest of the game.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 17:55   Link #8912
VTHokiePride

The only things to watch during the preseason are position battles and the rookies. The ones that matter are usually between the first stringers and they only play for the first few drives and the first half really. The second half is to evaluate who's good enough to make the roster imo.
Old 2014-08-10, 18:12   Link #8913
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Indeed (a little while ago I thought I would see people here talking about Roger Goodell and the Ray Rice suspension).

That would be Blake Bortles. If I had to rank the 4 Quarterbacks on," Which QB had the best impression thus far?" Than it would Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, and Carr (pretty much the order in which they draft in ). What I would like to see in one of the 3 remaining preseason games (for each team) is Bortles, Manziel, and Carr playing a few series with their teams first-team offense.
I thought the same as well concerning the Ray Rice issue, but it is a very very controversial topic that only has the ending results of him being video tape taking his fiancee out of the elevators. Though I disagree about him hitting his wife, but I knew his reputation and a little about his personality, there had to be more to it than just the ending result. So I stayed clear until the entire story was revealed, what he did was still wrong but at the same time I want to still hear the entire picture before judging.

Also, regarding the Quarterbacks. Yeah, I thought Blake Bortles was the best of the 4, but if I said that right off the bat, no doubt I will feel bias. Blake Bortles looked poise and very much improved since he was drafted. Most of his passes were above 10 yards which I liked.

Manziel did well, but I felt that while he did do adequate, all the compliments he is getting are about the things Quarterbacks should do yet they seem to be big deals. Such as recognizing who should be in a play, getting his helmet when he saw the opportunity, noticing the time count down was wrong, and many little things a Quarterback should do. I really was bewildered and chuckling inside by every small thing that Manziel did was complimented like no one else did the same thing. Most of his passes were short, but accurate, however, I still see him running out of the pocket and taking risks more than he should. The NFL as a whole, really wants Manziel to succeed. Its the next big storyline like how Lebron is to the NBA. Though I don't like the way he plays and the way he conducts himself, I want to see him perform.

Carr and Bridgewater looked like rookies, which is expected. We should continue this discussion every week. They will need to improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's pre-season. There's not really much to talk about unless you happen to have a package that grants you multiple games. My area only had the Ravens and Redskins, and they played at the same time. And if the other games were anything like the Ravens vs 49ers game, it was almost entirely 2nd stringers or lower.

Seriously, Ravens and 49ers each did one series with their starters and then sat them the rest of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
The only things to watch during the preseason are position battles and the rookies. The ones that matter are usually between the first stringers and they only play for the first few drives and the first half really. The second half is to evaluate who's good enough to make the roster imo.
Preseason are really fun to watch in my opinion. Not only the camp battles, but you are always waiting to see that one star that comes out of the pack that either went undrafted or his a second or 3rd chance to succeed. Not only that, other than the first team, the energy is always out there. Its at the highest level in intensity, even though it looked mess up at times.

Regarding the amount of games, I have NFL TV network, so thus even if it is not live, I can watch them all.

Edit: The second preseason for the Jaguars was very excellent.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-08-15 at 17:40.
Old 2014-08-17, 19:25   Link #8914
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Bortles had another good night
Old 2014-08-17, 22:34   Link #8915
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Did anyone saw ESPN first take when Skip Bayless went from the Jaguars made the worst pick in the first round during the draft and now presently saying, he is like a superstar?
Old 2014-08-18, 05:08   Link #8916
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Skip also called Sheldon Richardson one of the drafts worse picks last year lmao.

Just got back from San Fran moving into Texas Tech in a few days can't wait for college football. Kliff has everyone with high hopes this season. And I truly believe we can win the big 12.

Now to watch Johnny Football tonight . I may not be A&M alum like my fan but still a big fan.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 12:11   Link #8917
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
This should be the deciding factor for all rookie Quarterbacks. Usually on week 3, all starters play all 4 quarters. They best to make an impact now.

The Jaguars are finally giving Bortles a chance with the first team, so week 4 is for us to make the decision.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-08-18 at 12:27.
Old 2014-08-18, 12:26   Link #8918
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Skip also called Sheldon Richardson one of the drafts worse picks last year lmao.

Just got back from San Fran moving into Texas Tech in a few days can't wait for college football. Kliff has everyone with high hopes this season. And I truly believe we can win the big 12.

Now to watch Johnny Football tonight . I may not be A&M alum like my fan but still a big fan.
Agreed. I already have my season tickets ready for Virginia Tech. This is the year for Mariota, Petty, Hundley, Winston, and Miller to show they can be first rounders. Even though I'm a Redskins fan, I want Johnny to do well tonight. I think this is his last shot to show coaches that he deserves to be the starter in Cleveland.
Old 2014-08-18, 12:35   Link #8919
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
I am wondering why did Cleveland Browns call themselves "the Dawg Pound", seems quite weird as it can be interpreted as a good or a bad nickname easily. Also, they seems to have a bleacher section also called the Dawg Pound.
Old 2014-08-18, 23:55   Link #8920
sky black swordman

Quote:
The Jaguars are finally giving Bortles a chance with the first team, so week 4 is for us to make the decision.
So they're planning on having him start in their next preseason game against the Lions, then? I thought that Jaguars were planning on staying true to their word that Blake Bortles would not start this season? Regardless of how well he performed in training camp and pre-season.

@ReaperxKingx: In your own personal opinion is he ready to start? Should he start? And do you want him to start over Chad Henne?
___

From what I heard from ESPN and the NFL Network (I didn't watch the game) is that Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel were pretty awful in tonight's game. Neither did enough to secure the starting Quarterback spot for the Browns. And the fact that Johnny Manziel is to sure to be fined by the NFL after flipping off the Redskins.

Tags
american football, sports