AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-27, 01:02   Link #1781
solomon

WOW, Nevada ain't dead yet.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 01:44   Link #1782
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Anyone seeing the wtf that is Boise St./Nevada?

Holy shit!

Edit: GTFO Broncos! Too bad Nevada flopped against Hawaii or it would have been them hopping in front of TCU.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-27 at 01:58.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:10   Link #1783
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, what a great game...But once again the BCS is saved from having a tuff decision...Auburn beats South Carolina and it's all over...Thought this was the year to finally screw it up! Damn Boise State kicker...I would have never let him kick it in overtime, I knew he would miss it...But hats off to Nevada, because they might be the new Boise St. now, LOL...

Boy if this isn't the weekend for improbable comebacks (Saints included^^)...Sat and Sun football still to come, $hit!
Old 2010-11-27, 02:12   Link #1784
solomon

Well Auburn still has to fight Carolina in the SEC Champ game.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:13   Link #1785
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That was the worst hail mary coverage I have ever seen. Ever. In all levels of football.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-27 at 03:50. Reason: Added the video.
Old 2010-11-27, 04:27   Link #1786
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
... If Auburn looses to Carolina, then there is NO REASON why the Broncos/Froggies shouldn't play for the championship.
As an Auburn man, I agree completely (well TCU at least)!
Old 2010-11-27, 05:03   Link #1787
solomon

If big money chasing douchery doesn't happen, the Mountain West conference will be interesting.

TCU, Boise State at the top, solid programs in Fresno State and Air Force, and maybe a growing Nevada program? SDSU is up in the air, but if they hold on to their coach they will be a force as well.

If all the above hold (and maybe Bobby Hauck makes UNLV a decent team) that'll be as good as a BCS conference would be in my opinon.
Old 2010-11-27, 05:23   Link #1788
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
If big money chasing douchery doesn't happen, the Mountain West conference will be interesting.

TCU, Boise State at the top, solid programs in Fresno State and Air Force, and maybe a growing Nevada program? SDSU is up in the air, but if they hold on to their coach they will be a force as well.

If all the above hold (and maybe Bobby Hauck makes UNLV a decent team) that'll be as good as a BCS conference would be in my opinon.
I would really like to have seen BYU stay and Hawaii join. MWC would have 12 teams and definitely deserve an BCS auto-bid.

Of course for all the conferences, there should be a rule about being in the Top 15 or the like... see the Big (L)East for my rationale!

Well done Wolf Pack... well done!
Old 2010-11-27, 07:43   Link #1789
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Thank. God.

The Mountain West just needs to get up and do that to BSU multiple times each year now so that BSU falls back into the obscurity from which it came.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 09:31   Link #1790
Rajura

Well, with BSU and Nevada moving to the MWC, that will make things harder for everyone and make an undefeated year that much more deserving of reward.

In fact, the WAC should just be absorbed by surrounding conferences and the Big East should look at splitting between the ACC, Big 10, and SEC.

The only problems to be solved would be making the MAC a 14-team conference and making the conferences who absorb the WAC even.

Later today, I will post my perfect solution to the BCS, while still keeping the sanctity of BOWL GAMES intact.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:02   Link #1791
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
You should hear Mike lombardi hawk this guys nuts. "It's just a rough patch" "he's had shoulder surgery" god... I hate palmer with a passion because he seriously sucks the life out of that team, you have a resurging TO, Benson if they had a better pass game could at least muster 4 yd per carry numbers and they also have ocho and shipley, but palmer really screws that team, and if you look at the first half of the jets bengals game.. man that defense was giving palmer all day to play catch up and score. You realy can only blame palmer, and don't even get me started on buffalo... jesus christ.
Didn't Brees have the same injury? He looks more than fine to me. I used to root for Palmer when he first came to the league but recently he's gotten cocky. Not sure where he gets his cockiness from because he hasn't accomplished anything, even with all the talent he had around him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Spygate II: Of course it's none other then the Denver Broncos

McDaniel's is a plague! I cant understand why Pat Bowlen fired Shanahan to get this clown.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 12:31   Link #1792
Rajura

As promised, here it is!!!

First of all, I believe the bowls are great, BUT mediocrity should NOT be rewarded!

Because of this, I think that the bowls should be trimmed to the Top 30 in the BCS rankings.
Now, I'm sure you are saying to yourself "this does not solve the problem!"

So, hold on and I'll break it down!

First off we trim the bowl games... now being from a city that hosts a bowl (two in fact if you count the Senior Bowl after the real bowls), you know I'm serious if I eliminate my city's game.

First off bowl destination should be based on rank not conference tie-ins. This will make for some great re-matches and match-ups that would be very unlikely in the regular season.

So, here are the 15 bowls I propose we keep:
1) Sugar Bowl
2) Rose Bowl
3) Orange Bowl
4) Fiesta Bowl
5) Capital One (Tagerine/Citrus) Bowl
6) Cotton Bowl
7) Outback Bowl
8) Gator Bowl
9) Chik-fil-A (Peach) Bowl
10) Sun Bowl
11) Liberty Bowl
12) Music City Bowl
13) Independence Bowl
14) Hawaii Bowl
15) Poinsettia Bowl

These bowls continue to have sponsors but they are named as "THE X BOWL presented by Y" just like the Rose Bowl currently is.

Now, in the event of more than 2 teams in the BCS remaining undefeated after the main bowl games, there will be a "+1 game". This game will be held at one of the 4 classic BCS bowl sites. The site will rotate. Because of rank being the determining factor and not tie-in, 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, etc. all the way down to 29 plays 30. Bowls will be played first to last from the bottom of the rankings up, so higher bowls are played closer to and on New Year's Day and maybe a day or two after without having "unimportant" bowls in the way.

Because of this set-up, there SHOULD only be 2 undefeated teams at the end of the year, and thus the "+1 game" should solve the problem. This game is not necessarily played, but there is plenty of time to consider the possibility of the need for it at the start of the Bowl Season. It will be held 1 week after all other bowls and be the BCS National Championship presented by whoever the rotating sponsor is that year.

The 4 classic BCS sites will continue to rotate the championship in "normal years" (i.e. no +1 is needed).

That is my plan... it's not perfect, but I think it works pretty well for a first draft!

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-11-27 at 18:33. Reason: Grammar
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 16:37   Link #1793
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm not of the belief that Randy Shannon should be fire but 7-5 after two years of improvement and the way it happened is pretty depressing.
Old 2010-11-27, 20:00   Link #1794
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'm not of the belief that Randy Shannon should be fire but 7-5 after two years of improvement and the way it happened is pretty depressing.
Yes, you need to return your thuggish ways to be more dominate. Look what we done to you bastards

FSU 45
Miami (FL) 13

FSU 31
UF 7

My god, we maybe dynasty in ten years or twenty. Thank you Seminole Firewater and Burt Reynolds
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 20:14   Link #1795
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Yes, you need to return your thuggish ways to be more dominate. Look what we done to you bastards

FSU 45
Miami (FL) 13

FSU 31
UF 7

My god, we maybe dynasty in ten years or twenty. Thank you Seminole Firewater and Burt Reynolds
What the hell are you talking about?! And who are you calling a bastard?! Dude, you're a clown.
Old 2010-11-27, 21:29   Link #1796
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post

FSU 45
Miami (FL) 13

FSU 31
UF 7

Unless Florida gets REALLY REALLY lazy and stupid, I don't know if it'll be FSU dominance like it was before Spurrier. I doubt the Gators will be down for long.

I don't know what to say about Miami though.

FSU made it to the ACC CHamptionship game which will have great attendance and good tv ratings.

As for the ACC as a whole, I expect some noise from Maryland in the Altantic in the future provided they keep recruiting up. That QB O'Brien is really something. NCST was real lazy in that game, they didn't want it obviously. Also for that matter. When the heck is Clemson gonna wake up?

In the Coastal I hope Butch Davis rights the ship at UNC, they should have had a monster year this year. VahTek will still be VahTek as long has Beamer is there. Don't know if this is a hiccup or a croak for Paul Johnson at GTech.

As for UVA, um wake me in two years after we have recruited.
Old 2010-11-27, 23:22   Link #1797
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I love you Maryland, even if it's only for this week.

<3
Old 2010-11-27, 23:27   Link #1798
Elo the Blue

The hits keep coming for Miami. After a banner reading, ”4 YEARS 0 ACC TITLES LOTS OF EXCUSES FIRE SHANNON", was flown over the game today, Shannon has been officially let go.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158367
Old 2010-11-28, 00:17   Link #1799
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO @ LSU...As much as I love my Alma mater I can't say that I'm mad they lost today because atleast that fraud Les Miles and his coaching staff can understand how pathetic they really are, and maybe they'll fire a few offensive coaches and promote RB's coack Frank Wilson (Can you imagine how smug these bums would have been had they got to a BCS game with this team? Although if Auburn had lost I would have cheered them on just to $hit on the BCS)...

If I was a 5star recruit on offense I would never come to LSU in a million years...They can't-don't-won't develop talent at ANY position offensively and they've just relied on LUCK and TRICK PLAYS to win so many games...It finally showed today what happens when your luck runs out...The Defense finally sucked today aswell...

GEAUX TIGERS^^

On another note I announce high-profile Highschool football games in New Orleans (I'm really effin good, like the best in Louisiana serious $hit, I'll be doing Darren Sharper's High School All-star game this December in the Superdome ) and I just finished calling a 4 overtime Quarterfinal Playoff game that was just amazing...#1-ranked Defensive Linemen in America (Check rivals.com or whatever) DT, Anthony Johnson (LSU 5star Recruit), plays for the team I announce and I just finished a sick game...

Check this, last play of a game tied at 20-20...the QB for the opposing team throws a Hailmary from about his own 30 yardline the DB knocks the ball down at about the 20 (Like in that Jax'ville game a couple weeks ago), the ball bounces into the hands of the WR, he jukes 2 defenders and scampers 19 yards where he's tackled at the effin 1 INCH line, by an uber effort by the DB who was holding on for dear life...The game then went to an amazing 4OTs where O.P. Walker High School (aka you don't know what the hell I'm talking about HS^^) won and gets one game closer to playing in the Superdome for the title...It was amazing, greatest game I ever called, I emptied the dictionary tonight guys...It was fun!

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-11-28 at 00:33.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 00:42   Link #1800
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
The hits keep coming for Miami. After a banner reading, ”4 YEARS 0 ACC TITLES LOTS OF EXCUSES FIRE SHANNON", was flown over the game today, Shannon has been officially let go.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158367
Ioono, Mark May had a good rant against that decison. He thought the Cane fans demanded too much too quickly and they weren't championship caliber yet, what's more Randy Shannon was apparently hired to right the ship not to sail to glory.

Tags
american football, sports