AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-29, 22:41   Link #1841
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The Chargers own the Colts though. Brady has a bit better success against the Chargers than Manning does. Also, Brady handles the pressure better than Manning, he doesn't flinch before he thinks he's going to get hit.
That mofo was flinching in that Superbowl verse the Giants...Let's not make this a science experiment...When you get hit alot more often than not you're gonna eff up...I've seen it happen to Brady, Brees, Manning, etc., ...New England max-protects probably more than any team I've seen in recent years, and Brady doesn't even need it half the time because he's ready to throw a 5-yard-out before he even gets his gameday breakfast fajita...So lets not break out the spygate tapes and compare their flinchosity just because NBC felt the need to microscope it...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:14   Link #1842
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Since their Drew Brees and LT days, the Chargers have owned the Colts. I believe the Colts have only beaten them one or two times in the past 7 years. Just like the Patriots own the Steelers, the Chargers own the Colts.

And pardon me if I'm not quite convinced that the Chargers are the real deal. They still have to win their division to make the playoffs, and we all know how well they do in the playoffs.
C'mon, I need to have faith that someone will stop the Patriots from making the Superbowl. As much as I like the Jets, if they don't somehow get on top of New England in their divison, they'll be stuck on the road in the playoffs and that rarely bodes well. In Aussie Rules only once did a team play 4 games away from home in the Finals and end up winning the flag - my team, the Adelaide Crows, in 1998.

I had a look at the Pro Bowl voting slip - had filled out about half of it then found a big problem...I have no idea who the good offensive linesman, defensive linesman and linebackers are, except for Matthews from Green Bay.
__________________
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:27   Link #1843
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Not really, by moving to a BCS conference (one were they will be a contender immediately), they are going to be set to get higher paying Bowls without having to go undefeated every year, and Big East has an ESPN TV deal so they'll get money and exposure with that. Plus, their recruiting pipeline will get stronger now that they can coax recruits with an automatic BCS bid.

Conference USA teams are fine, I'm sure TCU will be as well, regardless.

...
Not even that... I mean Utah left, Boise State joined, TCU left... crazy!!! Can't make it to 12 that way!
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:37   Link #1844
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
C'mon, I need to have faith that someone will stop the Patriots from making the Superbowl. As much as I like the Jets, if they don't somehow get on top of New England in their divison, they'll be stuck on the road in the playoffs and that rarely bodes well. In Aussie Rules only once did a team play 4 games away from home in the Finals and end up winning the flag - my team, the Adelaide Crows, in 1998.

I had a look at the Pro Bowl voting slip - had filled out about half of it then found a big problem...I have no idea who the good offensive linesman, defensive linesman and linebackers are, except for Matthews from Green Bay.
Jets own the tie breaker over New England due to beating them earlier in the season. They also have the better Conference record. Odds are the Pats are going to have to go on the road as a wild card. The Jets offense is still suspect, but their defense is legit.

NFC side has a stronger batch of teams IMO, between Green Bay, Atlanta, Chicago, and Philly. I'm not ready to add the Saints to that mix just yet as they still need to try and beat Atlanta.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:39   Link #1845
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That mofo was flinching in that Superbowl verse the Giants...Let's not make this a science experiment...When you get hit alot more often than not you're gonna eff up...I've seen it happen to Brady, Brees, Manning, etc., ...New England max-protects probably more than any team I've seen in recent years, and Brady doesn't even need it half the time because he's ready to throw a 5-yard-out before he even gets his gameday breakfast fajita...So lets not break out the spygate tapes and compare their flinchosity just because NBC felt the need to microscope it...
The pats use WR's and TE's to block Pass Rushers because their Offensive Line isn't that great. It hasn't been that great for years. Brady always has someone next to him to throw a much needed block to buy him time to find an open receiver. Why do you think he takes snaps out of the shotgun more than any other QB in the league, and has been for years?
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:49   Link #1846
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The pats use WR's and TE's to block Pass Rushers because their Offensive Line isn't that great. It hasn't been that great for years. Brady always has someone next to him to throw a much needed block to buy him time to find an open receiver. Why do you think he takes snaps out of the shotgun more than any other QB in the league, and has been for years?
Well this is a bit offtopic but doesn't it give Manning and perhaps even Brees an edge in some ways considering the Saints almost have never max-protected in his 4+years here, and Manning relies more on cadence and audibles then block schemes? Just saying...But on-topic the point of my post was that Brady would flinch too if he was getting waxed like Manning did last night (Contrary to what you were suggesting)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 00:08   Link #1847
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well this is a bit offtopic but doesn't it give Manning and perhaps even Brees an edge in some ways considering the Saints almost have never max-protected in his 4+years here, and Manning relies more on cadence and audibles then block schemes? Just saying...But on-topic the point of my post was that Brady would flinch too if he was getting waxed like Manning did last night (Contrary to what you were suggesting)...
I've been watching Brady since 2000 and even though his uniform has gotten more dirty in a year than Manning's last 5 years, he hasn't shown half of the cowering up as Manning does before the defense gets to him. Even during the 2007 Superbowl he wasn't flinching before the defense even broke his offensive line. And that's facing one of the best pass rushes in the league over the past decade. The 2007 Giants Pass Rush was absolutely insane.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 00:09   Link #1848
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
C'mon, I need to have faith that someone will stop the Patriots from making the Superbowl. As much as I like the Jets, if they don't somehow get on top of New England in their divison, they'll be stuck on the road in the playoffs and that rarely bodes well. In Aussie Rules only once did a team play 4 games away from home in the Finals and end up winning the flag - my team, the Adelaide Crows, in 1998.
It's happened twice in the NFL, the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers and the 2007 NY Giants went through the playoffs on the road and won the Super Bowl. 1985 Patriots made it to the Super Bowl, but got annihilated by Ditka's Bears.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 00:38   Link #1849
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I've been watching Brady since 2000 and even though his uniform has gotten more dirty in a year than Manning's last 5 years, he hasn't shown half of the cowering up as Manning does before the defense gets to him. Even during the 2007 Superbowl he wasn't flinching before the defense even broke his offensive line. And that's facing one of the best pass rushes in the league over the past decade. The 2007 Giants Pass Rush was absolutely insane.
I have that Super Bowl on my computer because I loved how they were humbled in that game^^, and I just looked at a couple sacks and he flinched on like the 3rd one by Tuck, so there...He flinches, he's not a 33 year old Carpenter from Jerusalem, big deal...I also have been watching Brady since the minute Drew Bledsoe took a gut shot out of bounds and began his legacy...He won that first Superbowl right here in New Orleans....In any event perhaps we're confusing flinch with wince, because Manning seemed to be wincing more than flinching to me (Making bracing faces), but whatever...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 00:53   Link #1850
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
If you want to see flinching, go watch some Jeff George and David Carr highlights. Especially George, I remember the 2000 Divisional Vikings vs. Rams game when he went cowering to the turf when a blocked DE slapped him on the shoulder pad on his way by. I would've laughed if it wasn't so ridiculous.

About the Colts, I wouldn't be surprised if Caldwell is fired even if they make the playoffs, every time TV cameras gets a shot on him he's always just standing there with a blank look on his face. It's not good when everyone knows the QB is the real coach of that team.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 01:48   Link #1851
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Just thought I'd share this...

__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 02:56   Link #1852
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Just thought I'd share this...

Dang, beat me too it. Oh well. Anyways, he shouldn't have been laughing in the first place on the sidelines when his team is getting a beatdown. Especially when you're the starting quarterback. And now he's trying to explode in front of the media to show that aesthetically pleasing "fire" that people like to see. Nice try Derek. Own up to your own mistake at least.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 03:40   Link #1853
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
I don't know, just because you're laughing doesn't mean that you're joking around or enjoying yourself. But the reporter gave him 'laughing the pain away' bailout option and he blew up. So, whatever.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 07:40   Link #1854
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I don't know, just because you're laughing doesn't mean that you're joking around or enjoying yourself. But the reporter gave him 'laughing the pain away' bailout option and he blew up. So, whatever.
Man those Cardinals needs to get better PR management and advice. Mr. Anderson is overrated like hell soon maybe waived by the Cardinals of this outbursts.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:44   Link #1855
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
About the Colts, I wouldn't be surprised if Caldwell is fired even if they make the playoffs, every time TV cameras gets a shot on him he's always just standing there with a blank look on his face. It's not good when everyone knows the QB is the real coach of that team.
The previous season may save him. But yeah, it doesn't look like anyone is coming up with a solution for their problems. Their biggest problem is their defense against running games - San Diego don't have that good a running game yet Tolbert was able to just do whatever he wanted. McCoy murdered them when they faced the Eagles, Green-Ellis was doing it too easily in the Patriots game. And they need to get their own running game going again - Brown is just hopeless, although those linesman aren't helping much either especially with their desperate ploy to suddenly make a tackle play right guard, which just isn't working. Manning is having to do all the work and it's too much for one person. If Brady or Brees were having the issues Manning has to contend with, I doubt they'd be anywhere near their best.

@justinstrife - Yeah, but Sanchez has gotten betten, Tomlinson is doing a reasonable job and Holmes is becoming a good go-to option in the big plays. They're finding ways to get the job done. I'd like to see that team finally do well in the playoffs.
__________________
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:58   Link #1856
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I had a look at the Pro Bowl voting slip - had filled out about half of it then found a big problem...I have no idea who the good offensive linesman, defensive linesman and linebackers are, except for Matthews from Green Bay.
I know there's a lot of Patriots hatred here, but I'll nominate Vince Wilfork for nose tackle. He's like the Rock of Gilbralter in the middle of the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Jets own the tie breaker over New England due to beating them earlier in the season. They also have the better Conference record. Odds are the Pats are going to have to go on the road as a wild card. The Jets offense is still suspect, but their defense is legit.
That could change on Monday night. If the Pats win, they'll have identical season, conference and divisional records. It may come down to one of those other tiebreakers. The Jets beat Cleveland, and we didn't; we beat the Ravens, and they didn't. If we can beat the Packers, we might have the edge. I hope the decision doesn't turn on some silly criterion like margins of victory.

If it wasn't for Cleveland's ridiculous mis-management of the clock in the last 1:34 of the overtime, the Jets would have been tied, and the Pats would have the advantage.

Thank kamisama we don't have to face the Falcons in the Georgia Dome. Good luck to the rest of the NFC pulling off a playoff victory there.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 12:33   Link #1857
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The previous season may save him. But yeah, it doesn't look like anyone is coming up with a solution for their problems. Their biggest problem is their defense against running games - San Diego don't have that good a running game yet Tolbert was able to just do whatever he wanted. McCoy murdered them when they faced the Eagles, Green-Ellis was doing it too easily in the Patriots game. And they need to get their own running game going again - Brown is just hopeless, although those linesman aren't helping much either especially with their desperate ploy to suddenly make a tackle play right guard, which just isn't working. Manning is having to do all the work and it's too much for one person. If Brady or Brees were having the issues Manning has to contend with, I doubt they'd be anywhere near their best.

@justinstrife - Yeah, but Sanchez has gotten betten, Tomlinson is doing a reasonable job and Holmes is becoming a good go-to option in the big plays. They're finding ways to get the job done. I'd like to see that team finally do well in the playoffs.
As long as the Chargers don't make it to the bowl game or beat a Brady led Patriots, I won't be upset with the ending to this season.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 19:34   Link #1858
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA

SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2010


Congrats to Drew Brees, unofficial 2009-10 MVP of the NFL! (5th Sports Illustrated Cover for him)

Who Dat?

Drew Dat!
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 19:51   Link #1859
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2010


Congrats to Drew Brees, unofficial 2009-10 MVP of the NFL! (5th Sports Illustrated Cover for him)

Who Dat?

Drew Dat!
Don't know why but I'm jelly over this dude. Deep down Drew Brees is a true American man even more plus points when escaping the Madden Curse
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 16:38   Link #1860
Prodigy
Heartless
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Don't know why but I'm jelly over this dude. Deep down Drew Brees is a true American man even more plus points when escaping the Madden Curse

Don't jinx him, its too early to tell man. What is he re-injures that shoulder?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.