AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-22, 11:26   Link #1
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Warhammer

'm sort of surprised there wasn't a topic about this one yet. =o

Anyway, I'm one of those WoW-veterans who's moving on to Warhammer. I think it's definitely gonna be better then WoW.

Your thoughts on this game?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7x9ieXr5M
CG Trailer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LEyLSwNYI
In-game play movie.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 11:32   Link #2
DarkBlood
コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ

I am quite interested in it, been a long time.

Gotta love the Chaos Chosen.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2hOoJe01Mw

Last edited by DarkBlood; 2007-08-22 at 11:37. Reason: Added
DarkBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 17:36   Link #3
Nakao

I'm also gonna play this game.

my thoughts about the game is that it probably will be better then WoW, but we don't know before we play the game.

I can't wait for it, all I can say xD

Oh ye almost forgot;

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvAznIRVLA

Last edited by Nakao; 2007-08-22 at 18:05.
Nakao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 07:09   Link #4
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

DAoC 2.0 imo, pvp would be the center stage but honestly tho, don't expect the game to beat WoW in terms of polish and quality.

If you like to pvp, you probably would like Warhammer but if you like pve more, dont expect too much out of it.
Old 2007-08-23, 07:15   Link #5
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

As somebody who has played every major commercial MMO, I will be trying this. However I'm not a big fan of PvP, so I don't really have the expectations of it that many do or would.

I look forward to the 40k MMO more, but that's still years away. >.<
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:11   Link #6
DarkBlood
コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ

One other thing I found on internet that has with this to do.
WoW = Waiting for Warhammer.
Old 2007-08-23, 09:38   Link #7
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've only played WoW to arena/pvp since a few weeks after Naxx came out (got burned out raiding during AQ) so I'll definitely be looking into trying out Warhammer. I'm really looking forward to a game that is primarily based on group pvp and doesn't have to balance pvp and pve as mucha s WoW does.

Though I do find it hilarious people on the official wow forums think this game will be balanced for 1v1, this is a realm vs realm game with a focus on group pvp, anyone who thinks that ='s balanced 1v1 fights is a moron.

This will noway near be a killer for WoW but if they can grab a 1-2 million user base (in comparison to say WoWs 10-11... remember next expansion by than too...) this could keep Blizzard on their toes. If Warhammer flops I fear WoW might go the way of the WWE after WCW folded, with a lack of major competition things will be done slowly. The next WoW expansion looks to be catering to pvpers quite a bit which is a direct response to the threat Warhammer poses.

I'm sure WoW will end up a better game if Warhammer is successful, anyway looking forward to this, rolling on whatever server the WoW battle group 9 crowd rolls on. 90% Chaos at the moment though Black Orc is tempting....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 04:53   Link #8
korey

Warhammer Registration Key

have anyone of you bought the pre-order for warhammer : age of reckoning?.. i jz want to know where u guys ordering from??
korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 12:27   Link #9
SquareTakesTheCircle
=D

got mine from amazon =).
SquareTakesTheCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 18:40   Link #10
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, what are the classes/races for this mmorpg? I'm actually a bit interested, but only if I can play what I want to play as.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 19:06   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Wiki has all of the answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakao View Post
After I've gotten rid of my WoW addiction? I don't think so

But hey, I've never laughed this much before watching how a guy tries to sell the game.

So rather than my house burning down, I can be addicted to the game like opium

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:35   Link #12
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... Archmage is basically the equivalent of Mystic Theurge of 3.x DnD? Sounds interesting all right; I've always gravitated to mage/cleric ever since the days of the Princess class in Tactics Ogre.

I got to see if I have the time though, as between Infinite Undiscovery, DQ4, Last Remnant, Chrono Trigger DS, Ar Tonelico 2 and most espeically Persona 4 all before the end of this year, it's going to be very hard to squeeze MMO time in. That's the reaosn why I had to quit WoW, since if without it I still have a backlog of games to play, then how much more if I kept still playing it?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 23:47   Link #13
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I have nothing bad to say against WoW. It's a fantastic game. I quit the game just yesterday(account went out of gametime), at lvl 57. Basically I think the game is just taking very long to lvl now.

I don't like Raids and all that stuff, and just want to do fun PvP, without all the time consuming stuff. They promised that Warhammer will not be a grind, and that getting to maximum level in Warhammer is nothing. The game starts at lvl 40. I think that's good. It's fun building characters for a while, to get introduced to the world, but I want to spent most of my time, just pvping in giant fights, without getting pwned by people who play 10-12 hours a day with their epic unbalanced raid gear.
I hope Warhammer will be fun. If not, then I will go back and try some of the other recent fun ones, to see if they have gotten any cool updates. I enjoyed both LoTRO and Age of Conan, ever though I quit them both within a month of release. With some more content updates, they should be really fun.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote