AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-28, 10:26   Link #221
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
???: Fine, I'll go alter the script. Gimme a few hours.
I doubt it.

Seven Arcs is not Sunrise. It does not have the resources to ad lib and change things midway. And even when someone as rich as Sunrise does it, it shows. read: stock footage, long episode delays

Anime production follows a relatively strict schedule

The voice recording for StrikerS was already done before the first episode aired.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 11:06   Link #222
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I doubt it.

Seven Arcs is not Sunrise. It does not have the resources to ad lib and change things midway. And even when someone as rich as Sunrise does it, it shows. read: stock footage, long episode delays

Anime production follows a relatively strict schedule

The voice recording for StrikerS was already done before the first episode aired.
I am aware of that. What I did was a joke.

Doesn't change the fact that most people found StrikerS's division of emphasis...lackluster.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 14:20   Link #223
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
The voice recording for StrikerS was already done before the first episode aired.
Not quite. From what I've read about other anime series, it's more likely that the voice acting is done around one to two months before a particular episode is supposed to air. In StrikerS case, I believe the studio only has ep26 left to work on by this time. The others are "set in stone" already. Like'em or hate'em, there's no changing them by now.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 14:47   Link #224
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin
Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
A little late but regarding to that episode number issue...

I don't see any problems with the 26.

I find it impossible even for this lovely little miracle company to pull off introducing all those characters in 13 episodes.

I my self think that there was no episode wasted.

Training is important and I must admit that this child prodigy thing was getting old so to use it on all the new comers would've been a little over board.

The training episodes were necessary. The relaxing were also necessary. The characters grew up so must the show...

Making that high of a time jump and then just falling into 13 episodes of action wouldn't have cut it!

But it might just be me and my love for Nanoha though...

Over all, I don't see how it would've been pulled off with 13 episodes.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:27   Link #225
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
A little late but regarding to that episode number issue...

I don't see any problems with the 26.

I find it impossible even for this lovely little miracle company to pull off introducing all those characters in 13 episodes.

I my self think that there was no episode wasted.

Training is important and I must admit that this child prodigy thing was getting old so to use it on all the new comers would've been a little over board.

The training episodes were necessary. The relaxing were also necessary. The characters grew up so must the show...

Making that high of a time jump and then just falling into 13 episodes of action wouldn't have cut it!

But it might just be me and my love for Nanoha though...

Over all, I don't see how it would've been pulled off with 13 episodes.

Someone (arkhangelsk I think) mentioned that to properly tell The StrikerS story, it would have to be more than 26 episodes.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with Training or relaxing, however I disagree that we'll need THAT MUCH of it.

And thats not the only problem, it's fine if the characters grow (reasonably) slow, but even amongs main characters, we have people like Nanoha, Fate, Teana and Subaru, even Vita hogging up the limelight, killings the growth spurt of the others characters.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:38   Link #226
S_K
Let's begin!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to S_K
Well, during this episode it looks like everyone is getting owned but then you look at the preview and it looks like they start owning
Anyways, the fact that Vice shot his sister(I believe that was his sister) was shocking
When Vice said Danna, I wonder what he really meant
__________________
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:41   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well, during this episode it looks like everyone is getting owned but then you look at the preview and it looks like they start owning
Anyways, the fact that Vice shot his sister(I believe that was his sister) was shocking
When Vice said Danna, I wonder what he really meant
It's probably a sign of respect, just like how he calls Signum "Nee-san".

Can't quite see him do the same for Vita though
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:50   Link #228
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
  • At the beggining, when Subaru spins around once, instead of a dark background is a midnight-blue background.
  • The camera focuses more on Genya and Rein
  • When Zest and Signum are clashing, the bolts are white, instead of violet
  • And the type-3 Drone Fate cuts in half, the inside of the drone is yellow (because of the cut), instead of grey.
  • The Vivio scene, the background is darker, and Vivio's movements are not as fast.
  • When Vivio and Nanoha's are almost touching, the movement of the hands slipping away is a bit more fluid.
That's what I picked up, anyone saw something I didn't?
During Subaru's kamehameha at the end, she has a magic ring around her wrist.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 02:40   Link #229
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm not sure, Garyuu seems to be around A-rankish in just combat ability... And if we're using similar parallels, Arf's seems slightly stronger overall since she was on par if only slightly weaker than Zafira, but Garyuu would have speed advantage while Arf benefits from being an all-rounder that can actually cast magic.

Regardless, Erio vs Garyuu has NO drama whatsoever so there's no reason to drag it long, so I'm putting my money on Garyuu getting owned and Lutecia pissed off, starting a "Godzilla-class" summon battle.
Hahahah maybe Lutecia's "Godzilla-class" summon will be MOTHRA!!! lol I hope someone does a parody where she summons mothra while Caro summons Godzilla. Now that would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well, during this episode it looks like everyone is getting owned but then you look at the preview and it looks like they start owning
Anyways, the fact that Vice shot his sister(I believe that was his sister) was shocking
When Vice said Danna, I wonder what he really meant
Hahaha when Vice's sister came in to visit Vice (before Vice's little sister states she's Vice's sister). I said to myself "oh wow, I didn't see happening!", also the scene with Jail actually coming out was pretty good.


Oh yah the scene with Subaru and Ginga fighting against each other (even if it's a small scene) was pretty good. Finally we get to see what really "happened" to her after she was captured. Dang it now I can't wait for ep 23 before my new semester starts. Hahahha
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 04:42   Link #230
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
  • At the beggining, when Subaru spins around once, instead of a dark background is a midnight-blue background.
  • The camera focuses more on Genya and Rein
  • When Zest and Signum are clashing, the bolts are white, instead of violet
  • And the type-3 Drone Fate cuts in half, the inside of the drone is yellow (because of the cut), instead of grey.
  • The Vivio scene, the background is darker, and Vivio's movements are not as fast.
  • When Vivio and Nanoha's are almost touching, the movement of the hands slipping away is a bit more fluid.
That's what I picked up, anyone saw something I didn't?
I didn't notice those changes, but I did notice the only change that Seranade_Beta mentioned and that was about Subaru's divine buster attack and she had a magical circle around her wrist.

Well before everything comes to a wrap, atleast reveal whose that person Lutecia is trying to save and does Scaglietti have relic#11 and did he use it on Vivio during episode 19 and such...ugh, Lutecia has somewhat sneaked into the side spotlight alongside with Teana's triple threat problem and saving Ginga with Subaru.
The mystery of Quint's death sounds important enough to deal with, but its a bit too late already and before Ginga could have a chance to find out who did it, she gets captured and turned evil.
__________________

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-08-29 at 04:54.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:35   Link #231
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
For those interested, the override Quattro used on Lutecia sounds like Consideration (or Consolidation) Console (or Control). No doubt Ginga and Vivio have overrides as well.
I really don't like the fact that Vivio's original existed around only 300 years ago. Schach even confirmed that was the time of the Saint. That means what we've been calling Ancient Belka is just Old Belka. This is terribly unsettling because, if it was that recent, there should be more historical records of the Cradle available than Yuuno indicated.
At one stroke they've made everything seem younger than it used to be. What's next? The Book of Darkness being less than 500 years old? Jewel Seeds made less than 1000 years ago?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:38   Link #232
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
wow, this episode the raising heart very cool :P....
this episdoe make me abit worry, especially Nanoha Flash back and say she belong to *sky...it getting and getting higher chance tat she will gone... T_T.... So far from the situation is very not good for them...
__________________
arkxkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:48   Link #233
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I really don't like the fact that Vivio's original existed around only 300 years ago. Schach even confirmed that was the time of the Saint. That means what we've been calling Ancient Belka is just Old Belka. This is terribly unsettling because, if it was that recent, there should be more historical records of the Cradle available than Yuuno indicated.
At one stroke they've made everything seem younger than it used to be. What's next? The Book of Darkness being less than 500 years old? Jewel Seeds made less than 1000 years ago?
Consider the canon calender year: It is MC 0075. 75 years on a calender?! Now that's what I call young.

No surprise then that what caused Ancient Belka to disappear was pretty recent, and same goes for the Cradle.

However, nothing is stopping the Ancient Belka Imperium that had the Seiou and the Cradle in its dying years from existing for millenia before collapsing... In that light, Ancient Belka can deserve to be called Ancient.

Same goes for the YnS or the Jewel Seeds; nothing in canon so far says that they are within 500 years old. Unless you are disturbed by that, but IMHO, I don't see the problem here.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:51   Link #234
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Consider the canon calender year: It is MC 0075. 75 years on a calender?! Now that's what I call young.

No surprise then that what caused Ancient Belka to disappear was pretty recent, and same goes for the Cradle.

However, nothing is stopping the Ancient Belka Imperium that had the Seiou and the Cradle in its dying years from existing for millenia before all that... In that light, Ancient Belka can deserve to be called Ancient.

Same goes for the YnS or the Jewel Seeds; nothing in canon so far says that they are within 500 years old. Unless you are disturbed by that, but IMHO, I don't see the problem here.
The MC refers to Modern Calendar. It's relatively new itself.

TSAB itself, for being an interdimensional organization is only 150 years old, and the founders, along with their first generation legends are still alive. Well, the founders were.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:59   Link #235
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The MC refers to Modern Calendar. It's relatively new itself.

TSAB itself, for being an interdimensional organization is only 150 years old, and the founders, along with their first generation legends are still alive. Well, the founders were.


Spoiler for Off-topic:
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 10:41   Link #236
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
@ All wondering about the supposed lack of info on the Cradle:

Let's not forget that one of mankind's favorite pastime is to burn books that have things that they don't like. Qin Shi Huang's persecution of the "unorthodox" scholars and the mass burning of precious Jewish texts in medieval times are just some examples.

If people wants to reduce the Cradle to a bad dream that will never be hear of anymore, or prevent other people from learning about it, destroying every accessible record would usually be considered to be the best course of action.

Not that I like it myself . Books are just too precious to burn, regardless their content.
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 11:10   Link #237
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali
Let's not forget that one of mankind's favorite pastime is to burn books that have things that they don't like.
If you were talking about a conventional library, you would have a case. But we're talking about the Infinity Library here. We don't know how it gets stocked, but it seems have books from places and people so long forgotten, they're not legends anymore. I have a feeling that, if anyone had written anything about the Cradle in the last 300 years, it should have been in the Library.
Unless someone checked out all the books on the subject and "forgot" to return them......
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 12:42   Link #238
aers
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoilers for 23-26 under the spoiler tag. 23 isn't translated, sorry. Click at your own risk since I wouldn't want to ruin all the fun you seem to be having deciding whats going to happen I'd be glad if someone could check the TL too, friend of mine did it and wasn't sure on everything.

Spoiler for 23-26:

Last edited by aers; 2007-08-29 at 14:27.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 14:53   Link #239
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
If you were talking about a conventional library, you would have a case. But we're talking about the Infinity Library here. We don't know how it gets stocked, but it seems have books from places and people so long forgotten, they're not legends anymore. I have a feeling that, if anyone had written anything about the Cradle in the last 300 years, it should have been in the Library.
Unless someone checked out all the books on the subject and "forgot" to return them......
That is not an impossibility, considering who these somebody may be. And if these gentlemen's arm are long enough, they even can have a whole of Head Libarians working under their orders.

Besides borrowing past the date due, they can also help mess things up in the Library to make sure that whoever looking for such info will have a very hard time, to say the least.

Of course, that is if the person-in-charge is someone other than Yuuno .
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 15:29   Link #240
Riddly
It can't be...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P-Town
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoilers for 23-26 under the spoiler tag. 23 isn't translated, sorry. Click at your own risk since I wouldn't want to ruin all the fun you seem to be having deciding whats going to happen I'd be glad if someone could check the TL too, friend of mine did it and wasn't sure on everything.

Spoiler for 23-26:

Spoiler for epsiode 23-26:
__________________
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.