AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-26, 21:35   Link #1
DarkstarII
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Mature themed anime

If anyone has suggestions on good anime that is adult themed then please send a message.

What im looking for:
1) A newer show (no earlier than 2000)
2) Violence is major, plus some main characters have to die (by main characters I mean characters that you can get attached to.
3) Not too much sex but some sexiness needs to be there. Whats life without sex?

that is pretty much it. Thanks!
DarkstarII is offline  
Old 2008-05-26, 21:41   Link #2
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Basilisk Kouga Ninpou Chou is what you are looking for

An example of it:

__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2008-05-26, 21:45   Link #3
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Monster, based on the manga by Urasawa Naoki.

Anyway, this is the wrong forum to post the thread. Expect it to be moved and merged with other threads, or even deleted.
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2008-05-26, 21:52   Link #4
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ohayou
Check out Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien if you haven't seen it.

And yes, these sort of threads belong in the Suggestions Forum.
__________________
Onibaba is offline  
Old 2008-05-26, 23:56   Link #5
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Look no further than Shigurui.

Quote:
1) A newer show (no earlier than 2000)
It aired in 2007.

Quote:
2) Violence is major, plus some main characters have to die (by main characters I mean characters that you can get attached to.
Gruesomely violent, horrific death scenes all over.

Quote:
3) Not too much sex but some sexiness needs to be there. Whats life without sex?
You'll get some of that along the way, though certainly not the fanservice-type you're used to from less mature themed series.

Lastly, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is certainly mature, but it's not at all violent; it's a romance/drama.
Echoes is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 00:01   Link #6
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Texhnolyze, more people need to see this really great series. It's one of my favorites.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 00:06   Link #7
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
lol, this time we can all say Elfen Lied and have no debates on its maturity.
Also, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fits, even though it's not mature.
So does Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, I consider the deaths in Higurashi to be more gruesome than Elfen Lied's.
Oh, and the currently airing Mnemosyne is your cup of tea as well.
I personally find Kimi ga Nozomu Eien more mature than these ones, though.

@Reckoner: We're not necessarily looking for mature series, we're looking for stuff that fits the OP's description. Which is why I generally dislike threads looking for "mature anime".

And I still need to get to Texhnolyze, don't I?
Thanks for the reminder.
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 00:18   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarII View Post
If anyone has suggestions on good anime that is adult themed then please send a message.

What im looking for:
1) A newer show (no earlier than 2000)
2) Violence is major, plus some main characters have to die (by main characters I mean characters that you can get attached to.
3) Not too much sex but some sexiness needs to be there. Whats life without sex?

that is pretty much it. Thanks!
You just exactly summarized SaiKano, even though stating this fact is a mild spoiler in itself.

But I second Elfen Lied, since it also fits very much. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien doesn't have violence, but I also believe that it is more mature than many of the series listed here.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 00:41   Link #9
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
@Reckoner: We're not necessarily looking for mature series, we're looking for stuff that fits the OP's description. Which is why I generally dislike threads looking for "mature anime".
Well, Texhnolyze actually fits the description he posted perfectly .
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 10:41   Link #10
migus_parvus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Saikano - hands down

-end of my obligatory Saikano seconding lol
migus_parvus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.