AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-30, 10:28   Link #201
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
I just read through the forum and everyone is talking about Taisuke raping Kotonoha. All I saw was him grabbing her. I would like to know how you guys know that Taisuke raped Kotonoha (aside from game information, series information-wise).
Most likely the mood, the metaphor of the scene (especially her ribbon), and how Taisuke is obsessed with being with a girl.
But he is seen "attacking" Kotonoha specifically, because of her looks.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:35   Link #202
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
The girls are stupid for letting him get away with everything, but Makoto's still a scumbag for acting the way he does. I don't give a **** if he's a teenager, I don't and didn't know any teenagers that retarded, and if I did, then I'd think they're really stupid too. Period.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:41   Link #203
Chewy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 29
No Strings attached ? Are you joking ? There is obviously Strings attached with Sekai and Kotonoha, Makoto is just too scared to deal with it. He obviously knows what he's doing is wrong because he refuses to come clean with Kotonoha even when Sekai urges him to. He's not simply ignorant, he's a coward.

Even with Otome and Setsuna, when there seems to be no strings attached, there will still be consequences which makes others suffer. No one gets to walk through life and trample over everyone else because he's "doing what he feels is right".
Chewy is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:44   Link #204
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
Which is the beauty part of all this. He doesn't realize what he's doing, but if there's no one to tell him then, is he at fault? You have to remember that Makoto has focus on one thing: sex. And boy, are they ever giving it to him! It's just too hilarious. They're expecting him to change but he aint bugging one bit and is still able to get what he wants out of them. He's become somewhat ignorant at this point, but it's not his fault IMO. Someone will have to take a stand, but with only a few episodes left, it seems unlikely.
Sekai did try telling him that what he was doing was wrong. For extremly long she felt guilty, and she tried voicing it to him. He knows what he is doing is wrong. Right after getting off het train with katsura, he goes to sekai. He says "I am the worse" It is not like he is totally oblivious to it.. he isn't. I think he just doesn't care. Because he plays stupidity so well, people are letting him slide.. using the teenager excuse,.. or he is just oblivious to it excuse. The way a view it, he just blatantly doesn't want to break it off with her. He tells Sekai that things are fne as they are.

As for the Otome/Sekai situation.. I see it is like karma biting this girls int he a**. Makoto needs a heavy dose.

and bs. Because girls are throwing themself at him.. it makes it ok. So if I go out with a guy.. and all these girls throw themsellves at him, it makes it ok for him to cheat.. becasue he is young, inexperiences.. and hey it isn't his fault they want him.

Today, 90% of teens know what the hell is going on. if a guy does somethign like this in todays world, weather he wants to use the excuse that he is horny, That teen boy would not get away with the excuse of " I am justa horny teen boy" His actions would be his own. I would say most teens from 15 and up, horny or not, do have common sense.. The only thing they aren't really informed about is how easy they can become parents, or get and std. and even that common sense is reaching to the younger generation.
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:46   Link #205
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portugual
Age: 25
School days has without a doubt the most crapy male chacs ever made
__________________
Akabane_Kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:49   Link #206
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
And for the record, to answer the "If you could play around with 3 or 4 girls, would you?" I'd answer, "no, I wouldn't". It's not like it's hard for me or anyone who tries and knows how to, to get the attention of a few easy girls (and Kotonoha and the rest classify as easy right now not because of their personality but because of their situation, no matter how unrealistic it is that they'd love Makoto).

But not all men care about just sex and nothing else. Why'd anyone assume that?

This is a great show because of the drama and character interaction, but lol at Makoto's character/the situation being realistic. Girls are far more selective than that, especially good looking ones.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 10:55   Link #207
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
And for the record, to answer the "If you could play around with 3 or 4 girls, would you?" I'd answer, "no, I wouldn't". It's not like it's hard for me or anyone who tries and knows how to, to get the attention of a few easy girls (and Kotonoha and the rest classify as easy right now not because of their personality but because of their situation, no matter how unrealistic it is that they'd love Makoto).

But not all men care about just sex and nothing else. Why'd anyone assume that?

This is a great show because of the drama and character interaction, but lol at Makoto's character/the situation being realistic. Girls are far more selective than that, especially good looking ones.
Yeah, I can see this happening irl, but not with a guy with Makoto.
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:00   Link #208
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Didn't read all previous pages so if I'm typing something that someone already said I'm sorry. But after 3 pages that only consisted of future rape I can imagine what the other 8 said.

Man I'm so hoping that she doesn't get raped. I hope she rather runs @ home in tears then doing a "Mitsuki" from KNGE. If it one thing that I despices in anime then it's rape, if I want to see that I would watch a stupid hollywood detective series.
Hopefully she runs home then gives her body & hearth to Makoto afterwards, else I wouldn't know why they the next episode is titled "body & hearth". Only reason ofc that I hope Katsura would give her to Makoto is cause I really don't want to see a rapescene, and like most agreed it seemed it would be rape idd.

When I saw the 1st episode I thougth this serie had much potential. But this is just turning in one of the sleaziest / cheapest animes. Man this is becomming a ho-show.

And agree, who needs 4 girls. One that you really like is more then enough. Quality > quantity.
seiji_kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:01   Link #209
asandari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
If my best friend was a sex obsessed idiot, the same thing probably could have happened with him xD
It can probably be tributed to his dashing good looks, his charisma, and his kindness, though.

Makoto, on the other hand, lacks the charisma part, but he isn't anti-social, so it's certainly plausible.

And Makoto's mistakes will probably back fire big time on him in the last three episodes. Unless the director REALLY wants everyone to hate him, in which case School Days would become a shallow series xD And then Makoto would literally run away from the consequences.

If he tries to rectify the situation, however, there might be more of an interesting dilemma. I think. I feel sorry for everyone in the series. But I wouldn't defend Makoto's actions as "righteous". Or any of the other characters for that matter, except maybe Setsuna, depending on what she does now that she has a clear perception of what is going on.

In terms of whether or not the rape actually happened, I agree that the red ripples + ribbon + flower metaphor with the flashes to that scene should be enough to prove that it actually happened.
__________________

Last edited by asandari; 2007-08-30 at 11:03. Reason: addition
asandari is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:02   Link #210
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
The girls are stupid for letting him get away with everything, but Makoto's still a scumbag for acting the way he does. I don't give a **** if he's a teenager, I don't and didn't know any teenagers that retarded, and if I did, then I'd think they're really stupid too. Period.
I never write "QFT", but heck, I'll quote this for truth, great justice, or whatever.

Makoto is rotten to the core.

I'm not suggesting that I'd *ever* get a harem of 3-4 girls, but should the impossible happen, I would never do anything like this, nor would I have done so a few years back. Not all boys think sex with multiple partners while ignoring their feelings is the epitome of greatness.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:13   Link #211
ZenithTheOne
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poland
I noticed episode topics where somone gets raped or x person ends up having sex with y person attracts the most attention from the ppl on this forum.

Anyone loads of "mana repleneshing" going on in this episode.
ZenithTheOne is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:15   Link #212
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
that's normal I guess, people like to channel theire hate somewhere or when they are displeased.
seiji_kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:17   Link #213
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
By the way I want to know what freakin school has a tradition like the one we just saw. When Otome was explaining it to Makoto that you invite the one you like to the room to have sex its a tradition amoung girls here i was like WTF. If such a school exisited there would be so many request for transfers from males it would be total chaos. I kind of forgot about Hikari's short haired friend the kind of tomboyish one i cant remember her name. she gave her senpai the gift which means she also got it on in that room.

But Seriously think about this, thats nasty think about how many couples had sex on that one bed there were a shit load of condoms in there and the fesitval went on for 2 days. Either way thats a pretty F-uped tradition and some how only the girls of the school know about it, including Koto.

awaits the rash outbreak of VD at the school
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:19   Link #214
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Hehe!! I love it, I love it! The problem here is that Makoto isn't your average "run of the mill guy". He's totally clueless, otherwise he would've wised up long ago IMO. I still believe that it's the girls fault for ALLOWING this. All of this silly nonsense is happening because no one wants to say NO Makoto, this isn't how things work. Sekai and Katsura did it half-heartedly. They weren't firm at all in terms of what Makoto should do. Right now, there is no pressure on him at all. He's going to do it. Makoto isn't looking for a relationship, simple as that. So what should the girls do? Do the one thing that would hurt him the most, STOP SEXING him up! I swear, they are putting themselves into these types of situations hoping that Makoto will all of a sudden "wise up". If anyone needs to wise up, it's them. They should distance themselves from Makoto and MAKE HIM DECIDE what he wants. I hate to say it, but they're making it easy for him. He hasn't had to put in too much work since the first episode. They're laying all there cards on the table while Makoto has only revealed a couple.

It so obvious and yet they keep falling for it. That's why I don't fault him at all. There are guys out there who are doing what he's doing right now just because they can. Why should Makoto be considered a scumbag because of the girl's foolishness? They need to step back in reality and access the situation for what it is. Makoto is a horny teenage male looking for some "sexual healing". The sad part about all this is that it will continue and he will keep getting away with it. Why you ask? Because they're at the point of no return. They're afraid of leaving Makoto (Sekai and Kastura that is.) They're doing all the fighting while Makoto is just sitting back and watching the fireworks. The girls need to come together and ask Makoto straight out to settle this once and for all. Makoto isn't smart enough to realize what's he doing. I know it's hard to believe that no one can be that dense, but if it could be one guy, that guy would be Makoto. Playa on Playa!!
ACE2003 is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:20   Link #215
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
See, that's the thing. Makoto hasn't said that he's in a relationship with ANYBODY. I mean, even with Sekai, he managed to have sex with Otome. He doesn't understand the word right now and the girls aren't helping him at all, so he's doing what he pleases. In a relationship, guidelines have to be set or otherwise it will be doomed to failure. I consider him a "free agent" right now. The girls are expecting TOO much from him. They aren't laying down the foundation of what a relationship is supposed to be which is why he's pimpin and getting away with it. It's like everyone is waiting for Makoto to decide when in fact he doesn't plan on doing so, as long as he's getting his way. Setsuna was the best chance for setting Makoto straight, but he managed to shrug that off. It's going to take some serious taking to for Makoto to realize what he's doing. Untill then, he's going to keep going and going untill told otherwise.
Last time I checked, Makoto was the one who confessed his "love" to Kotonoha. Kotonoha accepted and so the realtionship was officially "declared". Therefore, he did say he was in a relationship, if it was only to Kotonoha and Sekai. Also, he didn't even say he broke up with Kotonoha (just dodges the question).

So yeah, he isn't a "free agent" like you said. Makoto is a "taken agent" and should only be looking Kotonoha. Therefore, Kotonoha isn't expecting too much from him. in actuality she is expecting the minimal from Makoto. Since, she only wants to see him and have him say that he loves her.
__________________
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:25   Link #216
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I guess perhaps "scumbag" isn't the right term since it's more that he's too stupid to notice anything except his sexual needs, but since you agree he's stupid, there's not much more to argue about.

The fact that the girls have no self respect is nothing new and also something I acknowledge. It's not like I blame only Makoto for this situation. If some bully steals a kid's lunch money everyday, and the kid lets him get away with it, then it's the kid's fault, but that doesn't justify the bully being an ass.

You support him because despite being stupid he gets around. I dislike him because I believe his stupidity goes to intolerable levels. Fair 'nuff. Mind you I also dislike guys who go only for the sex with girls who are serious about them, but actually know what they're doing and know how to sweet talk them at least. It's all a matter of opinion, they're as free to hurt people as I'm free to think they're morons or assholes for it.

However, he was still unfair to Kotonoha, because he was in a relationship with her. Sekai? Well, if you took and trusted a cheating dumbass...what can I say? I feel sorry for her in a way, but she should've kinda expected it.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:28   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Last time I checked, Makoto was the one who confessed his "love" to Kotonoha. Kotonoha accepted and so the realtionship was officially "declared". Therefore, he did say he was in a relationship, if it was only to Kotonoha and Sekai. Also, he didn't even say he broke up with Kotonoha (just dodges the question).

So yeah, he isn't a "free agent" like you said. Makoto is a "taken agent" and should only be looking Kotonoha. Therefore, Kotonoha isn't expecting too much from him. in actuality she is expecting the minimal from Makoto. Since, she only wants to see him and have him say that he loves her.
Here is some food for thought. Even though Makoto never officially broke up with Koto everyone assumes they have because of the time hes been spending with Sekai, everything thinks so with the exception of one person Koto. Now add in that Sekai and Makoto danced together at the bon dance. Very public everyone saw and they already explained what dancing together means there its an announcement that you are a couple. Which is why it was important to Sekai and why she said the iine about being his girlfriend. When all is said and done no matter what Koto says everyone will think that Sekai and Makoto are dating the whole school was there. Its a sad fate so now after the tragedy that befell Koto if she tries to get comfort from Makoto (not that he has the sense to actual care) or tries to clear up the situation everyone will think she is trying to take Makoto away from Sekai its very messy. Just thought i would point that out
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:29   Link #218
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
it doesn't matter about "understanding" or not. Makoto just doesn't have the guts to go against problem. He perfectly know cheating can lead to disasters, but his lust and carefreeness are ruling him, plain and simple. (otherwise, he wouldn't react on the 20 messages kotonoha sent him)

No one claim he was the only one at fault, but even in this kind of relationship, you don't have to act "clean" only because the other told you to do so. it is common sense and respect to the other person. heck, he should have followed sekai pleas before, but didn't.

Makoto will go on, even if someone say he shouldn't. things stop only when the batshit happen, that's it. (he had numerous chances to stop this, and numerous occasions to be told so.)

so you can't say "because no one stop him, it is okay for him to go on". that means his conscience is below common sense.
Sad to say but I believe that his conscience is below common sense. As I've mentioned a couple of times, the girls simply need to put a hault to his indescisive actions. You have to fight for what you want. All I see is a bunch of timid girls waiting for Makoto to make a choice. This is MAKOTO we're talking about here. I can't help but to laugh at their feeble attempts to try and make Makoto exclusive. I mean damn, you just have to grab the bull by the horns. Makoto isn't going to own up to anything simply because he's not getting punished. Does it make it right? Of course not. But in Makoto's case, he's done no wrong since all he's seeing are green signals for him to continue what he does.

I feel sad for the girls to a certain extent, but jesus christ. They're just letting do whatever he wants right now.
ACE2003 is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:30   Link #219
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post

However, he was still unfair to Kotonoha, because he was in a relationship with her. Sekai? Well, if you took and trusted a cheating dumbass...what can I say? I feel sorry for her in a way, but she should've kinda expected it.

I agree. It is sad though. Most irl girs in Sekai's situation, view it as "If I can steal him from his GF, that means he wants to be with me." They dont view it as. "Oh he cheated on her with me, so he will cheat on me with someone else. "

>.>

Quote:
Here is some food for thought. Even though Makoto never officially broke up with Koto everyone assumes they have because of the time hes been spending with Sekai, everything thinks so with the exception of one person Koto. Now add in that Sekai and Makoto danced together at the bon dance. Very public everyone saw and they already explained what dancing together means there its an announcement that you are a couple. Which is why it was important to Sekai and why she said the iine about being his girlfriend. When all is said and done no matter what Koto says everyone will think that Sekai and Makoto are dating the whole school was there. Its a sad fate so now after the tragedy that befell Koto if she tries to get comfort from Makoto (not that he has the sense to actual care) or tries to clear up the situation everyone will think she is trying to take Makoto away from Sekai its very messy. Just thought i would point that out
That probably will happen, they already set the anime up for it. Already people think that Koto is annoying and stalking Makoto., They already viewed Sekai as Makoto's gf. horrible that they few people how know the truth, that Katsura was/is actually going out with Makoto are.. Sekai, setsuna, Taisuki, hikari?, and maybe a small handful of other people I am forgetting.. None of these people give two s**** for koto.. unless you want to count Taisuke feeling bad for her, but he also kinda raped her >.> so yeah.

because of the type of person I am, I have done this before, even before things got drastic.. even with just the bullying.. I would have tried to be Katsura's friends, and help her.
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-30, 11:31   Link #220
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
I I know it's hard to believe that no one can be that dense, but if it could be one guy, that guy would be Makoto.
You're wrong. Makoto knows very well what he's doing. He has referred to himself as terrible, and obviously sees how his acts have a negative impact on Kotonoha. His problem is that he just can't say no to sex, and apparently, the more the merrier. He is at fault, and he's aware enough to be blamed for everything he does. He is stupid, but he's not without empathy or common sense.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.