AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-28, 18:06   Link #41
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Also, please, PLEASE don't say Makoto is better than Taisuke. I'm just saving you all having to eat your words if you ever decide to play the biggest land mine ever.
*immunity to land mines active*

Makoto is better than Taisuke, no matter how i look at it. He may be inconsiderate, clueless, dense, stupid and without any sense of consequence, but he has a long way to go to reach the level of a rapist. As clueless as he is, Makoto never forced himself on a girl. When he slept with anyone the other party was always conscious and willing. The wall between being an idiot and a rapist is high, and Makoto is nowhere near of climbing it.

People with game knowledge knew Taisuke's real colors all along ... it was rather fun reading posts earlier how Taisuke is more likable than Makoto
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 18:09   Link #42
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I never really rated Taisuke above Makoto. From what he was showing he didn't seem to be any better, except he didn't have as many chances with women as Makoto did.

A few episodes later I found out about what happened in this episode, and I couldn't help but think of Taisuke as trash...now that it actually happened (if it hadn't, at least anime-route Taisuke would be *ok*), it's pretty much confirmed.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 18:11   Link #43
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Anyone still remembered about the Camera they planted ? Makes me question about Otome's motive in this Episode.....
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 18:16   Link #44
Chewy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I'll never forgive a rapist. If they're happy, that's alright, but to me he's still worthless dreck. Opinionated? Yes, I'm just being honest with my feelings and the question you asked. Rationally I could accept and tolerate it, but emotionally, no.
Opinionated is good it's what I'm looking for. I'm interested to see if people think some end can justify the means in this situation.
Chewy is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 18:24   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Opinionated is good it's what I'm looking for. I'm interested to see if people think some end can justify the means in this situation.

A rapist is still rapist.

In the US, he be in juvinile detention until 18 then sent to a real mans prison where he can learn all about rape.

Form the receiving end of it.

As others said Makoto is cheat, lying piece of scum but he is not a rapist.

oridnary Harem loser >>>>>>>>>> Makoto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Taisuki
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:04   Link #46
flashmagi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
i guess the general ranking of most people is that taisuke is lower than makoto cuz he rapes while makoto has consent (undeserved ). however, id like to judge them by their connecting detail who is kotonoha. judging by the amount of damage they do to koto, id say makoto is worse and they would be equal if you factor in the moral issues of rape. the psychological damage makoto does to koto greatly outweighs what taisuke does. makoto is the one to bring koto into this situation and give her the mistaken impression that love=sex. he's the one that keeps her hanging while sexing sekai and otome. he stays ignorant of the fact that koto already knows of his affair and tries to act normal with her. koto's eyes were in seeded mode long before taisuke came along and he is probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. sure makoto has his hands clean of physical damage, but id argue the psychological damage he caused is equal to rape.
flashmagi is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:12   Link #47
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Makoto is a stupid, cheating, a**hole, but he did not rape anyone. This is true. However, in a way I put them on the same level.

From what I know of the anime, not the game.

Makoto made her the way she is. I mean, he basically mentally messed her up. He is stringing her along, playing with her emotions. Makoto prepared her to be the stunned, easy target that Taisuki could take advantage of.

I am not saying physical rape is okay. it isn't, and I hate him for it. In the end though, she will probaby be more messed up from everything Makoto is doing to her.. and what Taisuki did will probably take a back seat to that.

What I really want to see, are the consequences of that viseo tape. I hope Sekai sees it. I also want koto to see it, but at the same time.. i knw it will probably break her mind to see it... >.>

Last edited by Zeira; 2007-08-28 at 19:16. Reason: forgot something
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:18   Link #48
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Makoto = psychological damage (short term if she finds a new boyfriend who brings up her self-esteem and comfort her)

Taisuke = physical + psychological damge (long term, loss of innocence cannot be forgotten)

I'll let you do the math.
kayos is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:19   Link #49
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeira View Post
Makoto is a stupid, cheating, a**hole, but he did not rape anyone. This is true. However, in a way I put them on the same level.

From what I know of the anime, not the game.

Makoto made her the way she is. I mean, he basically mentally messed her up. He is stringing her along, playing with her emotions. Makoto prepared her to be the stunned, easy target that Taisuki could take advantage of.

I am not saying physical rape is okay. it isn't, and I hate him for it. In the end though, she will probaby be more messed up from everything Makoto is doing to her.. and what Taisuki did will probably take a back seat to that.

What I really want to see, are the consequences of that viseo tape. I hope Sekai sees it. I also want koto to see it, but at the same time.. i knw it will probably break her mind to see it... >.>
Remember, they taped it for Koto, right? Otome, who has been in love with Makoto forever, knows she is his girlfriend, and also hates her. Showing it to just Sekai would not work, because he'd be able to fall back on Koto, and they'd also not be able to bully her any further.
And I think it will break her mind to see it. Thus why I predict a bad ending.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:23   Link #50
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmagi View Post
i guess the general ranking of most people is that taisuke is lower than makoto cuz he rapes while makoto has consent (undeserved ). however, id like to judge them by their connecting detail who is kotonoha. judging by the amount of damage they do to koto, id say makoto is worse and they would be equal if you factor in the moral issues of rape. the psychological damage makoto does to koto greatly outweighs what taisuke does. makoto is the one to bring koto into this situation and give her the mistaken impression that love=sex. he's the one that keeps her hanging while sexing sekai and otome. he stays ignorant of the fact that koto already knows of his affair and tries to act normal with her. koto's eyes were in seeded mode long before taisuke came along and he is probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. sure makoto has his hands clean of physical damage, but id argue the psychological damage he caused is equal to rape.
I have to totally agreed with flashmagi, even know that Taisuke did all that to her but it was Mokoto and Otome doing that cause this. Mokoto's stupidity and Otome bullying and her suggestions to Taisuke that start this chain reaction. Sure, Taisuke is dirt because what he did to her, Rape is very bad, but because of those two, none of this wouldnt ever happen.

Now Otome is now a major wild card in this, since she has footage of her and Makoto having sex and she suggestion that Taisuke does his way with Koto. She holds alot of stuff that can seriously damaged Koto, Sekai, and Setsuna in a way that they may not ever recover from it. In turns, will make Makoto life a living hell. I see a bad ending to this, no question about it and this episode proves it.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:33   Link #51
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
But...Makoto messed Kotonoha up because she let him do it and get away with it, too. On the other hand, rape isn't something that she can really prevent, there's absolutely no blame on herself in that case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos
Makoto = psychological damage (short term if she finds a new boyfriend who brings up her self-esteem and comfort her)

Taisuke = physical + psychological damge (long term, loss of innocence cannot be forgotten)

I'll let you do the math.
Yes, this is entirely true.

I -so- want to see Taisuke pay.

Also, the bitch will probably show it to Koto, but I'd love it of Sekai also saw it. Makoto's being really unfair to Sekai.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:34   Link #52
CJL13
God of his own ego
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
Now Otome is now a major wild card in this, since she has footage of her and Makoto having sex and she suggestion that Taisuke does his way with Koto. She holds alot of stuff that can seriously damaged Koto, Sekai, and Setsuna in a way that they may not ever recover from it. In turns, will make Makoto life a living hell. I see a bad ending to this, no question about it and this episode proves it.
Exactly what I was thinking.

As for Kotohana, I have 2 scenarios with several outcomes.

Spoiler for scenario#1:


Spoiler for scenario#2:


Either way she needs help NOW.
CJL13 is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:34   Link #53
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
I have to totally agreed with flashmagi, even know that Taisuke did all that to her but it was Mokoto and Otome doing that cause this. Mokoto's stupidity and Otome bullying and her suggestions to Taisuke that start this chain reaction. Sure, Taisuke is dirt because what he did to her, Rape is very bad, but because of those two, none of this wouldnt ever happen.
That is what I am trying to say.

Kayos, >.> It sounds liek you are trying ot be condenscending towards me, but Ima shrug it off.

Quote:
Makoto = psychological damage (short term if she finds a new boyfriend who brings up her self-esteem and comfort her)

Taisuke = physical + psychological damge (long term, loss of innocence cannot be forgotten)

I'll let you do the math.
that is like saying that physical abuse is always worse then mental abuse. That is not always the case. It depends on the person. I know people who were raped, and it had a mental impact on them.. they got through it, and I know some people don't get passed it because in the end it has mentally messed them up.

However, Mental abuse can have the same, or just as negative effects then rape. To say it isn't as bad just becasue it isn't physical... is a mistake. You would be surprised how many people break because of things that rape them mentally.. that have nothing to do with physical rape.

In fact, my bf's sister is still crazy because of the mental abuse her bf put her through.. which is on par to what Makoto did... and when I say crazy I mean literally in and out of the ward.. so dont be so quick to write it off...

and please dont misunderstand me.. I am not saying rape isn't bad.. I just can put them on the same level.. or close to, depending on the situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit

I read somwhere that someone thinks koto will pursue her want for makoto...
After beign raped.. if sher goes after Makoto, and IF he were to take her back. (which we know ain't going to happen) She would probably move on with him happily, and trying ot put what happened with taisuki behind her.

However, if she goes after Makoto.. and he denies her.. and things keep going horrible for her.. I wouldn't be surprised if she kills herself..

In the end she wouldn't be killing herself becasue of Taisuki.. but becasue of Makoto..

Wether physical rape is worse or not.. it is what leave the most mental damage in the end that will mess the person up.

In this case.. for koto..I think the rape would take a backseat to how Makoto treats her.

Last edited by Zeira; 2007-08-28 at 19:49.
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:50   Link #54
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeira View Post
That is what I am trying to say.

Kayos, >.> It sounds liek you are trying ot be condenscending towards me, but Ima shrug it off.



that is like saying that physical abuse is always worse then mental abuse. That is not always the case. It depends on the person. I know people who were raped, and it had a mental impact on them.. they got through it, and I know some people don't get passed it because in the end it has mentally messed them up.

However, Mental abuse can have the same, or just as negative effects then rape. To say it isn't as bad just becasue it isn't physical... is a mistake. You would be surprised how many people break because of things that rape them mentally.. that have nothing to do with physical rape.

In fact, my bf's sister is still crazy because of the mental abuse her bf put her through.. which is on par to what Makoto did... and when I say crazy I mean literally in and out of the ward.. so dont be so quick to write it off...

and please dont misunderstand me.. I am not saying rape isn't bad.. I just can put them on the same level.. or close to, depending on the situation.

Physical scars can disappeared in time but Mental Scars are forever, Koto's Mental State has been going down for a very long time because of constant bullying by other girls because they are not blessed like her. Now with Taisuke doing that with her and that videotape, her mental state will be gone and she is going to be paranoid and crazy and her fury will be greater then all the bullying and other stuff put together and Sekai's Mental State will also take a nosedive, if she looks at it and knowing Otome, it will happen. I hope that Taisuke, Otome and her crew, and Mokoto had fun doing what they was doing to those girls because it is going to back fire in their face and they will have to live with that guilt for rest of their lives, Mokoto should be very scared right now.
Hell hath no fury like Koto scorned!!!!
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 19:51   Link #55
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Geeze people, are we trying to rate one guy higher than the other? Both of them are scumbags. Though Makoto gets extra negative points for starting this whole mess....

I mean holy #@)$*#@)($*)#@(&*!@&_!&_#*_)(%&*$#^&^#$)@#&$#& just when you think things would get worse they get even more cataclysmic.

Quote:
Physical scars can disappeared in time but Mental Scars are forever, Koto's Mental
State has been going down for a very long time because of constant bullying by other girls because they are not blessed like her. Now with Taisuke doing that with her and that videotape, her mental state will be gone and she is going to be paranoid and crazy and her fury will be great then all the bullying and other stuff put together and Sekai's Mental State will also take a nosedive. I hope that Taisuke, Otome and her crew, and Mokoto had fun doing what they was doing because it is going to back fire in their face and they will have to live with that guilt for rest of their lives, Mokoto should be very scared right now.
Hell hath no fury like Koto scorned!!!!
Which is why it is critical for someone to go in and sever her ties to Makoto. The more she clings on the more she falls down the pit. She can still save herself if she breaks off her unnecessary devotion to Makoto.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 20:00   Link #56
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
Physical scars can disappeared in time but Mental Scars are forever, Koto's Mental State has been going down for a very long time because of constant bullying by other girls because they are not blessed like her. Now with Taisuke doing that with her and that videotape, her mental state will be gone and she is going to be paranoid and crazy and her fury will be greater then all the bullying and other stuff put together and Sekai's Mental State will also take a nosedive, if she looks at it and knowing Otome, it will happen. I hope that Taisuke, Otome and her crew, and Mokoto had fun doing what they was doing to those girls because it is going to back fire in their face and they will have to live with that guilt for rest of their lives, Mokoto should be very scared right now.
Hell hath no fury like Koto scorned!!!!
Yes! Basically what I am trying to say.. but shorter. XD
They all play parts on Koto's downfall. The rape has impact,but i wont say it is the main casue for her mental detoriation.. it isn't

>.> If koto breaks she shoudl just kill them all.

As for what SoldierOfDarkness said.. I agree. I dont think one is less as sick as the other.. I just think it is wrong to suddenyl take away blame from Makoto, and put it on Taisuki.. for Koto mental break. if anything.. Makoto is still the main casue.. the rape is more like the last straw.. Besides.. from how the anime did.. people say that koto was like a lifeless traumatized doll before the rape.. becasue of taisuki taking her out of denia..

Even if Taisuk ihand't raped her, but still told her what she "needed" to her.. I think the mental effect on her wouldn't still be the same..... BrOkEn

And yes Koto's tie to Makoto needs ot be broken. it is not healthy for her... but I think the damage has already been done at this point.. even if someone breaks the tie
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 20:01   Link #57
CJL13
God of his own ego
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Which is why it is critical for someone to go in and sever her ties to Makoto. The more she clings on the more she falls down the pit. She can still save herself if she breaks off her unnecessary devotion to Makoto.
Taisuke's rape can be interpretted as two things.
1. A vulture eating the dead (Yeah I know this ain't literally the case)
2. An attempt to try to have her forget about Makoto, which judging by what she said didn't work.

Does Taisuke even know about Makoto and Sekai's realtionship, or was he just trying to break her down to get at her?
CJL13 is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 20:05   Link #58
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeira View Post
Kayos, >.> It sounds liek you are trying ot be condenscending towards me, but Ima shrug it off.
Let me apologize to you if I offended you in anyway.

I'll clarify what I meant; as the situation holds right now Taisuke did more damage by raping her than Makoto, who just ignoring and cheating on her. Yes Makoto made her upset and insecure about their relationship but Taisuke took advantage and violated a weak person.

On moral grounds, Makoto is just an a$$hole boyfriend who cheats. While Taisuke has just committed an heinous immoral act.

True, psychological damage will outlast any scar, but at the moment I don't think Makoto ways has extremely f*ck her head yet.

But that's just my opinion.
kayos is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 20:10   Link #59
Zeira
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Let me apologize to you if I offended you in anyway.

I'll clarify what I meant; as the situation holds right now Taisuke did more damage by raping her than Makoto, who just ignoring and cheating on her. Yes Makoto made her upset and insecure about their relationship but Taisuke took advantage and violated a weak person.

On moral grounds, Makoto is just an a$$hole boyfriend who cheats. While Taisuke has just committed an heinous immoral act.

True, psychological damage will outlast any scar, but at the moment I don't think Makoto ways has extremely f*ck her head yet.

But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the apology.

I agree. But we are on the outside looking in. We can say yeah.. the rape is worse.. but in her mind.. I think Makoto's action will out weight Taisuki. The rape will have an impact, but it is more like the last straw.. When she breaks it isn't going to be Taisuki that she goes after.. it will be Makoto.. casue in her mind Makoto is the worse.. what he did to her was worse..

what Makoto did as a whole, including the things Koto does not know yet, is immoral. hmm... I look at it as makoto rapped her mentally. She was innocent, he was her first bf, and he totally F***** her over beyound what is normal cheating. He keeps her dangling there.. but treats her like S***

Just completely messed up that Taisuki would come along then after and take her physical innocense
Zeira is offline  
Old 2007-08-28, 20:13   Link #60
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
I have to totally agreed with flashmagi, even know that Taisuke did all that to her but it was Mokoto and Otome doing that cause this. Mokoto's stupidity and Otome bullying and her suggestions to Taisuke that start this chain reaction. Sure, Taisuke is dirt because what he did to her, Rape is very bad, but because of those two, none of this wouldnt ever happen.

Now Otome is now a major wild card in this, since she has footage of her and Makoto having sex and she suggestion that Taisuke does his way with Koto. She holds alot of stuff that can seriously damaged Koto, Sekai, and Setsuna in a way that they may not ever recover from it. In turns, will make Makoto life a living hell. I see a bad ending to this, no question about it and this episode proves it.
wait are you actually saying that Otome's bullying and Makoto's stupidity is justification for rape? I dont care how stupid you are in the end you are liable for your own actions RAPE is RAPE there is no light or uplifting side to it. Just because 2 people in Kotos life are scum does not mean that she has the right to be taken advantage of. Saying that Makoto and Otome caused this is like giving Taisuke justification for the rape. I see where you are going but i disagree its not as simple as that
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.