AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 07:47   Link #201
Dop
We can't stop here...

I think I'm going to wait for the usual suspects, as well...

Got the opening and closing theme singles on order, together with the soundtrack to add to the collection. Has anyone else out there bought some of Choro Club's regular albums? I have.

I have the 2008 calendar. I'm now thinking of getting some picture frames to frame the pages once the year is over.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 09:05   Link #202
NaweG
Just some guy

Personally, I've found that while the "other" group got off to a rocky start with their first fansub of Bamboo Blade, they have been improving. So I'm going to watch the "other" groups sub so I'm up on the story, and then watch the original group's sub for my archival purposes. Something I've done with other series.

FWIW...
Old 2008-01-14, 11:00   Link #203
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I have the 2008 calendar. I'm now thinking of getting some picture frames to frame the pages once the year is over.
SCAN THEM!

Edit: Btw, where'dja buy it?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:02   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
SCAN THEM!
I must second this.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:05   Link #205
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
SCAN THEM!
Not easy to do. I think each picture would have to be scanned four times with a normal slightly-longer-than-A4-sized scanner, the pictures are so large.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:10   Link #206
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Not easy to do. I think each picture would have to be scanned four times with a normal slightly-longer-than-A4-sized scanner, the pictures are so large.
Do it for great justice! Or... I suppose we'll have to wait on someone else with the right equipment.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:31   Link #207
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I think I'm going to wait for the usual suspects, as well...

Got the opening and closing theme singles on order, together with the soundtrack to add to the collection. Has anyone else out there bought some of Choro Club's regular albums? I have.

Were you on 4chan's /a/ asking that at all? I remember someone saying that a couple of days ago? That all being said, it'd be a waste to not frame an Aria calendar.

I love how many people are only getting subs from that group Only the best for our Aria
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:07   Link #208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I really wanted to see it, so I decided to try. Just... ug. I lasted about 2 minutes before deciding that I'm going to be waiting for the usual suspects to sub it. Aria is too beautiful to accept that sub.
I tried it on several players ... all had audio sync issues, subtitle timing issues... it was a mess. It probably worked fine on the one player they tested it on

I really *hate* wasting bandwidth like that.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:14   Link #209
Zippicus

I'm torn between my desire to get my long awaited Aria fix or waiting for *you know who* to release it. I have it on my computer already but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it yet. I should probably take a look at it since they went through all the trouble to do it and all and it just might tide me over until later
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:30   Link #210
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Anyone can release a spoiler post for Episode 2 ?
Yes i know it's only 4.30 am in Japan but i need my spoiler fix
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:54   Link #211
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

First to comment hahi~ \-o-/

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Last edited by margafred; 2008-01-14 at 21:15.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 14:32   Link #212
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
First to comment hahi~ \-o-/

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Question about episode 2:

Other Question : I read somewhere that the end of Aria as a manga is somewhat related to the death of the last real life cats of Amano Kazou (named Aria and Hime).

Last edited by KrebMarkt; 2008-01-14 at 14:47. Reason: Reformulation + expending
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:00   Link #213
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
Spoiler for About episode 2:
Spoiler for reply~:
Old 2008-01-14, 15:07   Link #214
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Judging from the caps...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Other Question : I read somewhere that the end of Aria as a manga is somewhat related to the death of the last real life cats of Amano Kazou (named Aria and Hime).
;_;
This needs some confirmation.
Old 2008-01-14, 15:21   Link #215
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think I'll be fine with waiting (though I have to confess I did get what-you-know...). Aria is meant to be enjoyed leisurely, not in a rush.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:23   Link #216
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think I'll be fine with waiting (though I have to confess I did get what-you-know...). Aria is meant to be enjoyed leisurely, not in a rush.
Quite true. Leisurely and never with the feeling of irritation that comes from seeing too many mess ups in the subbing. Could you imagine if Ayako subbed this? I'd go insane seeing their stupid japes picking on Aria. One :3 face and I'd go batshit insane.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 17:28   Link #217
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Spoiler for Question about episode 2:
Spoiler for Possible answer:

Quote:
Well, I can confirm that the real life cats passed away. She wrote in her Monogusa Club section at the end of Volume 11 of the manga that the real life Aria had only recently passed away, and that Hime had also passed away some time before that. She said she was very sad about it, but one night she had a dream where Aria was happily chasing after Hime as usual, and seeing them both like that made her feel at ease. She knew that the two of them were together now and both happy.
Yeah yeah, I know I know. Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed.
Old 2008-01-14, 18:49   Link #218
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
Well, I can confirm that the real life cats passed away. She wrote in her Monogusa Club section at the end of Volume 11 of the manga that the real life Aria had only recently passed away, and that Hime had also passed away some time before that. She said she was very sad about it, but one night she had a dream where Aria was happily chasing after Hime as usual, and seeing them both like that made her feel at ease. She knew that the two of them were together now and both happy.
Yeah yeah, I know I know. Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed.
poor kitties!!!

Aria is one of my all time faves, both in anime and manga. It's a shame the manga is ending soon, this is one of thoe where i want it to carry one for ever and ever lol

@NoSanninWa

Can you imagin if Your Mom subbed it >.< i think i'd have to carve my eyes out after a few minutes of thier *cough*attempt*cough* at subbing.
Old 2008-01-14, 18:52   Link #219
X10A_Freedom

Is Ms Amano the living Hahi-chan? Shame that both cats passed away in a relatively close space of time...

Ok, I'm getting extremely giddy as the "sources" are rather slow this week!
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:04   Link #220
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

i'm waiting for the subs. I started to watch it last week raw, and felt really guilty cause i felt i wasn't enjoying it enough >.< so i won't bother with the raws. That said i will collect them, if only cause i need them

That said i do hope the usual suspects don't take aslong to finish the series this time as they did last time. Waiting for those last few episodes was hell!!

Speaking of hell....why the hell hasn't this been licensed yet!!! Come one FUNImation get into gear!!!

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life